Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  ShenFNWoo : (21 May 2019 - 06:59 AM)

Go ahead and make one then. It only takes a minute to make. Seems we have to experience it to believe it, so let's go.

@  Quickster : (21 May 2019 - 12:09 AM)

I agree with Shadow; we could use a Discord channel.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 May 2019 - 09:07 PM)

Most Social media is a mistake.

@  furrykef : (20 May 2019 - 08:50 PM)

Twitter is ideal for people with very short attention spans. People with names similar to Ronald Dump.

@  Shadow : (20 May 2019 - 03:52 PM)

I only use twitter to look at nsfw art that got exiled off tumblr.

@  Sunnyfruit : (20 May 2019 - 01:42 PM)

Notification addiction IMHO

@  Ishapar : (20 May 2019 - 01:27 PM)

Never understood the thrill of Twitter. Why do people use it so much when it is basically just a bunch of little "tweets"?

@  Sunnyfruit : (20 May 2019 - 01:21 PM)

Anyway nothing's worse than Twitter.

@  Sunnyfruit : (20 May 2019 - 01:20 PM)

But as an archiving medium you can't do better. I'm happy to have read both the notes Hurst left and the elaborate posts made in the heat of the moment, something that couldn't have happened on a simple static website+discord.

@  Sunnyfruit : (20 May 2019 - 01:19 PM)

I prefer forums but they aren't made for small talk. Given that not much happens about SatAM they aren't the best way to communicate

@  Shadow : (20 May 2019 - 01:12 PM)

Skype completely shat on everything good MSN messenger had going for it. I miss the custom smilies and nudge functions, plus the avatars that were bigger than a thumb print on screen were nice...

@  Ishapar : (20 May 2019 - 12:36 PM)

I used to use skype a lot until Microsoft made it necessary for you to have a Microsoft account to use Skype. That stinks.

@  Shadow : (20 May 2019 - 12:23 PM)

Certainly better than what Skype turned into.

@  Ishapar : (20 May 2019 - 11:15 AM)

Good clarafication, ShenFNWoo. It's pretty much the reason why I don't see the need to go after all these social sites and apps. If people want to communicate with each other, they will do so with what we currently have.

@  chief : (20 May 2019 - 10:08 AM)

Discord will probably take over. Ive gotten use to it now and use t for everything but our irc

@  furrykef : (20 May 2019 - 09:57 AM)

We've still got an IRC channel... but yeah, we might switch to Discord.

@  ShenFNWoo : (20 May 2019 - 06:09 AM)

Matter of fact, most users like that tend to just mute all of the servers on their list and wait to be mentioned directly before saying anything to anyone. Even in discord servers that I run where the rule are lax and the only way to get banned is to be mind numbingly dumb and obstructive, people only flock to the meme boards and shitposts. So it's really, "Why is it always dead around here?" = "because we don't try", and no manner of being nice about it is going to help out with that.

@  ShenFNWoo : (20 May 2019 - 06:05 AM)

Not that I'm trying to stop Ishapar from using discord, as I always think it's better for him to make use of IMs more, but people who don't make the effort to talk in a community behave similarly on an IM. That's why most people on discord are lurkers who don't do anything but sit around saying nothing.

@  Shadow : (20 May 2019 - 03:51 AM)

It's just a better way to socialize than forums.

@  Ishapar : (20 May 2019 - 03:13 AM)

I never used Discord before.

Photo

Idw Sonic: Year Two To Have €śmore Villains, More Adventures, And A New Threat”