Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Uncle Ben : (21 October 2018 - 09:58 PM)

When was there a Woody Woodpecker film?

@  Clocktopus : (21 October 2018 - 07:30 PM)

There has yet to be a live-action/CGI movie that hasn't sucked. Woody Woodpecker? Smurfs? Chipmunks? Garfield? Take your pick.

@  Uncle Ben : (21 October 2018 - 06:39 PM)

True

@  Shadow : (21 October 2018 - 05:38 PM)

Nobody wanted a live action Smurfs either.

@  Uncle Ben : (21 October 2018 - 04:33 PM)

I still think it would work better as an animated film.

@  Uncle Ben : (21 October 2018 - 04:33 PM)

Still, for a film like the Smurfs, it makes sense. For Sonic, it has to be done *exactly* right.

@  Shadow : (21 October 2018 - 08:09 AM)

Probably a cheap way to keep the budget down to not pay for the whole movie being a Pixar budget.

@  Uncle Ben : (20 October 2018 - 09:06 PM)

I really dont know why they insisted on it being a hybrid film

@  Uncle Ben : (20 October 2018 - 09:05 PM)

I do think there will be some salvageable parts to the film.

@  Sandata : (20 October 2018 - 03:09 PM)

I want the Sonic movie to be good. Hell even if I hear it's terrible I'll probably go see it, but I'd love it to actually turn out well.

@  Sandata : (20 October 2018 - 03:08 PM)

House of the Dead was so horribad... I saw it with friends and one guy really said it best as we left, "Yeah, so it's interesting how bad that movie sucked."

@  Uncle Ben : (20 October 2018 - 07:19 AM)

Because of course it is

@  Shadow : (18 October 2018 - 10:16 PM)

The town is called Green Hills.

@  ShenFNWoo : (18 October 2018 - 09:10 PM)

Spits

@  Shadow : (18 October 2018 - 12:17 PM)

Needs the help of a local county cop to protect him, and becomes viral online when recorded by townsfolk.

@  Shadow : (18 October 2018 - 12:16 PM)

From what I heard the plot is, it's about Sonic being an animal that got experimented on by Eggman who steals magical incan rings from him.

@  Uncle Ben : (18 October 2018 - 07:39 AM)

failure*

@  Uncle Ben : (18 October 2018 - 07:39 AM)

I always said it was gonna be ironically excellent or a spectacular flaiure

@  Clocktopus : (18 October 2018 - 05:58 AM)

But we KNEW that already!

@  Shadow : (17 October 2018 - 01:34 PM)

The Sonic movie is being filmed on my island, and the rumors of the supposed plot sound extremely cringe worthy awful.

Photo

Jim Carrey To Play Eggman In Sonic The Hedgehog Movie

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 FUS News Robot

FUS News Robot

Extra! Extra!

• Newsbot
  • 199 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:46 PM

Deadline is reporting that the Sonic the Hedgehog movie has found its villain with the addition of comedian Jim Carrey who will play Robotnik in the film. Carrey joins a cast for the live-action/animation hybid that includes Ride Along‘s Tika Sumpter and Westworld‘s James Marsden.

Also known as Dr. Eggman, Robotnik has been the primary antagonist of the Sonic franchise for decades, making his debut appearance in the first game in the series.

Sonic the Hedgehog will take its cues from the popular games, focusing on Sonic’s attempts to battle the evil Doctor Robotnik who is on a quest to assemble the Chaos emeralds. This mark the first time that the Sonic games have been adapted for the big screen, but the character has previously appeared in both Wreck-It Ralph and this year’s Ready Player One.

Neal H. Moritz from Original Film Inc. (Fast and Furious series) will produce the adaptation which has Jeff Fowler (Blur Studio, Academy Award nominee for 2005 Best Animated Short Film Gopher Broke) set to direct and Deadpool‘s Tim Miller executive producing. Sonic the Hedgehog film will open in theaters on November 15, 2019

Read the full story here

#2 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:51 PM

Uh... what? :|

#3 Quickster

Quickster

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:13 PM

Just as I feared. A live-action Eggman...

Then again, if they play their cards right, maybe it won't be so bad.

Pumped for IDW in April 2018! And also the 2019 Sonic movie.

It's high time I got an avatar...

#4 Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben

Ain't No Party Like A Superkick Party

• Moderators
  • 13,417 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:22 PM

Guys, this may not be a bad choice. Jim Carrey is considered one of the best character actors out there. I mean look at his roles over the years. Favorite one is Count Olaf

He could pull it off

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

#5 Nz17

Nz17

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 08:24 AM

He's a close visual approximation of Eggman from Sonic 2006 if they add facial hair and remove his scalp's hair.

#6 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:26 PM

Guys, this may not be a bad choice. Jim Carrey is considered one of the best character actors out there. I mean look at his roles over the years. Favorite one is Count Olaf

He could pull it off

I have no doubt he can pull off a good Eggman, I was just taken aback by the announcement. It sounds like one of those fake April Fools headlines that sounds too weird to be believed, yet it's totally genuine.

#7 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:55 PM

I don't really want Eggman to be like Jim Carrey's Riddler performance. I would have liked someone more theatrical like John Goodman or Ben Kingsley.

#8 Nz17

Nz17

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 10:06 PM

I made an image of what Dr. Eggman looks like with Jim Carrey's face superimposed.

Attached File  Jim_Eggman.png   949.96KB   0 downloads

#9 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:09 PM

Oh man, John Goodman would have been SPOT ON.  I dunno, this is so far the BEST piece of news we've got for the film... 

Behold, the Heart of the World,
Progenitor of Life, Father and Mother, 
Alpha and Omega, Our Creator...
And Our Destroyer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users