Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  ShenFNWoo : (22 September 2018 - 06:23 AM)

Wow, this place is dead. Rest in peace. *Prays*

@  Uncle Ben : (17 September 2018 - 07:42 PM)

Jeff Hardy: I won't do Swanton Bombs/High Risk stuff as much anymore because of my previous injuries.

Also Jeff Hardy: Let me do this insane spot with ladders, a table and the Cell itself.

@  ShenFNWoo : (14 September 2018 - 01:28 PM)

This is the part of the conversation that I think it's safe to abort mission. Tis why I normally don't speak in shout boxes, as small talk becomes the driving force. What started off with a complaint about a season then turns to a comparison of objective pros and cons. Could've lead to a pretty healthy debate xD. Now is probably going to degenerate into opinionated preferences for seasons or change topic altogether. Boring.

@  Uncle Ben : (13 September 2018 - 09:47 PM)

I'll argue the autumn. Perhaps it's due to the foliage for me as well as fresh apples and the start of maple syrup season.

@  ShenFNWoo : (13 September 2018 - 08:16 PM)

What he said. This guy never lies V

@  Ishapar : (13 September 2018 - 02:25 PM)

I prefer winter because it is unique. When else are you going to get skating, tubing, and snowball fights?

@  ShenFNWoo : (12 September 2018 - 08:59 PM)

I'll take black ice from here to within 100 miles in any direction instead of that. At least I know what I can do about it.

@  ShenFNWoo : (12 September 2018 - 08:58 PM)

VS gang violence because it's too hot and people can't sit still? Bugs every damn where? Frequent horrible thunderstorms? All other pests out in full force? Heat that you can do nothing about once you get outside? No holidays to speak of where you get a full week off? All the kids outside and running amok because school is out?

@  Shadow : (12 September 2018 - 10:59 AM)

Two words: Black ice.

@  ShenFNWoo : (12 September 2018 - 05:55 AM)

You get one thing: It's cold enough to make rain turn into snow. That is all.

@  ShenFNWoo : (12 September 2018 - 05:55 AM)

That's why winter's the best season. The least amount of BS happens

@  Shadow : (11 September 2018 - 08:14 PM)

Summer- the only season where your town can burn to the ground and then be flooded

@  Clocktopus : (11 September 2018 - 04:10 AM)

'Tis the season

@  Ishapar : (10 September 2018 - 08:12 PM)

Rain 3 days in a row. I guess a hurricane is coming along the East coast.

@  Uncle Ben : (01 September 2018 - 07:20 PM)

ALL IN might have been the best wrestling show I've ever seen.

@  Misk : (23 August 2018 - 04:08 PM)

unless it was the phantom ruby. Then it makes total sense.

@  Ishapar : (23 August 2018 - 09:03 AM)

A little bit mixed around, mate.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2018 - 08:37 PM)

one day I saw a ruby, playing with a child the size of a tangerine.

@  Ishapar : (16 August 2018 - 03:44 PM)

Eh, I prefered the 64 version. It had the right balance to difficulty and fun. I prefer the game as it relies more on the character's skill at controlling Mario rather than relying too much on powerups (which would explain my fondness of Genesis Sonic games).

@  Misk : (16 August 2018 - 02:48 PM)

Camera was way better too.

Photo

Team Sonic Racing

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben

#BeYourself

• Moderators
  • 13,397 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:28 AM

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

#2 Nz17

Nz17

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:23 PM

If my PC can run it, then I will buy it!

#3 Sunnyfruit

Sunnyfruit

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:43 PM

Hedgehog Engine 2 looks great.

#4 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,463 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:45 PM

....so it's Sega All-Stars Racing lacking non-Sonic Characters? 

#5 DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain

• Fellow FUSer
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:46 AM

Looking forward to this!

"You're watching a poster!"

#6 Nz17

Nz17

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:31 PM

From its Steam page:

ABOUT THIS GAME
Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing as you face-off with friends in intense multiplayer racing. Race together and work together as a team by sharing power-ups and speed boosts. Take control of your racing style - Choose from 3 distinct character types and unlock game changing vehicle customization options to suit your racing style.

Gear Up. Speed Up. – Team Racing at Sonic Speed!
Key Features:

Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes – 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
Team Racing – Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
Performance & Skin Customization – Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle
Wisps - 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
Adventure Mode – Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
Various Characters and Types – 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power.

#7 Sunnyfruit

Sunnyfruit

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:31 PM

Wisps and Heroes huh, it's like Generations but we take the worst gimmicks of the previous games.

Sarcasm (and pandering) aside, there's no reason for the game not to be great. Did the other franchises fade out of memory for Sega deciding to put them away?

#8 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 07:31 PM

Sarcasm (and pandering) aside, there's no reason for the game not to be great. Did the other franchises fade out of memory for Sega deciding to put them away?

I'm thinking it's because Sonic is the more wildly recognized character. Sure, it would be nice to see other game franchises get a chance to shine, but the majority of them aren't as widely recognized as Sonic outside the gaming community.

Of course, its semblance to the "SEGA Allstars Racing" games is kinda problematic. I mean, it's not considered another entry in the series. Wouldn't it help further distinguish the game from its contemporaries if Sonic wasn't in a car? Or is that just me?

#9 Sunnyfruit

Sunnyfruit

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:50 AM

They are playing it safe imho, Sonic in a car implies car physics, which makes it easier to calibrate the physics and make a balanced roster. With Forces Sega made clear that for now they care more about the visuals and performance than they do for making fresh new gameplay.

Also there's no need to invoke a bunch of memespouters who will call it R2, the-next-sonic-06 and imply idiocy like I don't know Bubsy as a secret character. But Sega is clueless about the PR side of things anyway so I'm just putting this as a personal point.

#10 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,463 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:35 PM

Looking forward to this!

I'm only a bit skeptical until I see Gameplay footage.  It looks good thus far though.  

Of course, its semblance to the "SEGA Allstars Racing" games is kinda problematic. I mean, it's not considered another entry in the series. Wouldn't it help further distinguish the game from its contemporaries if Sonic wasn't in a car? Or is that just me?

Not just you.  Honestly I liked the concept of R having some characters on foot and others using vehicles.  I feel it would be better to have Sonic race on foot, but that might be too complicated to program each character's controls uniquely.  

Also there's no need to invoke a bunch of memespouters who will call it R2, the-next-sonic-06 and imply idiocy like I don't know Bubsy as a secret character. But Sega is clueless about the PR side of things anyway so I'm just putting this as a personal point.

I think SEGA is functioning on the belief that any buzz being generated will help advertise the game.  Since we still know little about it, they're probably letting the memespouters help spread word of the game.  As we find out more, they'll try and reign some of it in.  

#11 Nz17

Nz17

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:40 AM

Of course, its semblance to the "SEGA Allstars Racing" games is kinda problematic.

This is the same SEGA that said Sonic Forces wasn't Sonic Generations 2 even though both games used the "dimension-hopping Classic Sonic with 2.5D gameplay" shtick. True, it is not a sequel in name, but casual glimpses make SF look like a SG2. (Heck, SEGA has even contradicted itself on whether the Classic Sonic in Forces is Sonic from the past (like as in Sonic Generations) or Sonic from another dimension entirely.)

It's the same thing with Team Sonic Racing: it might not be a sequel in name, but people will consider it a sequel to All-Stars Transformed anyway due to the similarities.

As for why Sonic is in a car (except for Sonic R) in every racing game from the Game Gear through today:
Attached File  34158150_1690595484365071_2919829324573966336_o.jpg   168.02KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users