Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  ShenFNWoo : (22 September 2018 - 06:23 AM)

Wow, this place is dead. Rest in peace. *Prays*

@  Uncle Ben : (17 September 2018 - 07:42 PM)

Jeff Hardy: I won't do Swanton Bombs/High Risk stuff as much anymore because of my previous injuries.

Also Jeff Hardy: Let me do this insane spot with ladders, a table and the Cell itself.

@  ShenFNWoo : (14 September 2018 - 01:28 PM)

This is the part of the conversation that I think it's safe to abort mission. Tis why I normally don't speak in shout boxes, as small talk becomes the driving force. What started off with a complaint about a season then turns to a comparison of objective pros and cons. Could've lead to a pretty healthy debate xD. Now is probably going to degenerate into opinionated preferences for seasons or change topic altogether. Boring.

@  Uncle Ben : (13 September 2018 - 09:47 PM)

I'll argue the autumn. Perhaps it's due to the foliage for me as well as fresh apples and the start of maple syrup season.

@  ShenFNWoo : (13 September 2018 - 08:16 PM)

What he said. This guy never lies V

@  Ishapar : (13 September 2018 - 02:25 PM)

I prefer winter because it is unique. When else are you going to get skating, tubing, and snowball fights?

@  ShenFNWoo : (12 September 2018 - 08:59 PM)

I'll take black ice from here to within 100 miles in any direction instead of that. At least I know what I can do about it.

@  ShenFNWoo : (12 September 2018 - 08:58 PM)

VS gang violence because it's too hot and people can't sit still? Bugs every damn where? Frequent horrible thunderstorms? All other pests out in full force? Heat that you can do nothing about once you get outside? No holidays to speak of where you get a full week off? All the kids outside and running amok because school is out?

@  Shadow : (12 September 2018 - 10:59 AM)

Two words: Black ice.

@  ShenFNWoo : (12 September 2018 - 05:55 AM)

You get one thing: It's cold enough to make rain turn into snow. That is all.

@  ShenFNWoo : (12 September 2018 - 05:55 AM)

That's why winter's the best season. The least amount of BS happens

@  Shadow : (11 September 2018 - 08:14 PM)

Summer- the only season where your town can burn to the ground and then be flooded

@  Clocktopus : (11 September 2018 - 04:10 AM)

'Tis the season

@  Ishapar : (10 September 2018 - 08:12 PM)

Rain 3 days in a row. I guess a hurricane is coming along the East coast.

@  Uncle Ben : (01 September 2018 - 07:20 PM)

ALL IN might have been the best wrestling show I've ever seen.

@  Misk : (23 August 2018 - 04:08 PM)

unless it was the phantom ruby. Then it makes total sense.

@  Ishapar : (23 August 2018 - 09:03 AM)

A little bit mixed around, mate.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2018 - 08:37 PM)

one day I saw a ruby, playing with a child the size of a tangerine.

@  Ishapar : (16 August 2018 - 03:44 PM)

Eh, I prefered the 64 version. It had the right balance to difficulty and fun. I prefer the game as it relies more on the character's skill at controlling Mario rather than relying too much on powerups (which would explain my fondness of Genesis Sonic games).

@  Misk : (16 August 2018 - 02:48 PM)

Camera was way better too.

Photo

Reproducing Satam Promo Cel

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 nzoomed

nzoomed

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:09 AM

I was really after one of these promotional cels that Sold on Ebay a couple of years or so ago.

Is there any way to print this on reverse to a sheet of plastic to make it look like a cel?

Would love to put in my man cave or else if someone has a spare one, let me know as im a potential buyer. :)

http://saturdaymorni...obibrocki-1.png

#2 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:35 AM

I happen to own one I had framed on my wall. There are people who can make reproduction cels out there, although I've always been after the one of Robotnik from the intro scowling.

#3 nzoomed

nzoomed

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:51 AM

It would be great if i could find someone, but probably would cost as much as buying another one that turns up on ebay.

If there was some way to digitally print it on to plastic it would have the same effect.

#4 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:30 AM

Your better off finding a cel artist who would draw it by hand onto a plastic sheet with color tones beneath it.

#5 nzoomed

nzoomed

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:17 PM

Yeah true, ive got a friend who is an artist who may be able to help.

On another note, did anyone see this cel on Ebay?

I was very close to bidding on it.

s-l1600.jpg

#6 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 11:15 AM

I should look at ebY more. I wouldn't make ND owning a cel like that

#7 nzoomed

nzoomed

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:56 PM

I look on ebay from time to time, but really should have suscribed to their listings. There is tons of adventures of sonic the hedgehog cels there, but nobody wants them lol

#8 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:57 PM

Gee...I couldn't imagine why..  hahah

#9 nzoomed

nzoomed

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:00 PM

Gee...I couldn't imagine why..  hahah

I absolutely hated that show, especially the tacky slapstick comedy and poor quality animation that i was not used to after watching SatAM. (Here in New Zealand we got AOSTH after SatAM finished airing)

#10 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:09 PM

Most cels that come from good shows are very expensive. Especially if its Disney related.

#11 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:35 AM

I absolutely hated that show, especially the tacky slapstick comedy and poor quality animation that i was not used to after watching SatAM. (Here in New Zealand we got AOSTH after SatAM finished airing)

Eh. It might not be a good show, but I'll admit it has it occasionally has entertainment value.

The AoStH Robotnik is, without a doubt, the best character in the entire show. His overly goofy design coupled with Long John Baldry's voice acting is what makes or breaks the show in my opinion.

But the rest of it leaves a lot to be desired. Especially its depiction of Sonic, who is probably the most obnoxious depiction of the character we've gotten thus far.

#12 Sunnyfruit

Sunnyfruit

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:24 PM

I dislike AotSH as well, slapstick comedy is not my thing and the meme-status this series is getting is kind of annoying. But I wish we could have gotten Scratch, Grounder and Coconut instead of Orbot and Cubot though as I think they were way more colorful. At least they seem to have the potential to launch chains of events themselves instead of just commenting and throwing a joke or two.

#13 nzoomed

nzoomed

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 04:09 PM

Most cels that come from good shows are very expensive. Especially if its Disney related.

I thought the biggest issue with SatAM cells is that there was not many that were on the market as far as im aware. Is it true that DIC shipped the remainder of the cels to SEGA in Japan after some legal dispute?

Im sure there must be alot that are held by SEGA and/or DIC/Cookie Jar.

Would be nice to see some on the market again, I am prepared to buy a decent cel if one turns up.

There was some website from a SatAM fan which had a photo of their cel of the opening sequence with sonic and sally, but i cant find that link anymore, I would imagine it would be a very valuable cel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users