Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Sunnyfruit : (21 April 2018 - 04:41 AM)

Speaking of disappeared tropes I recently realized that the washed-up hippies are a dead trope since a decade.

@  Tim J : (21 April 2018 - 02:34 AM)

Sea3on readers! Don’t forget to leave your opinion about how Chapter 7 is going in the Chapter 7 topic! Your input is apreciated and welcome!

@  Shadow : (20 April 2018 - 11:09 PM)

Naruto is as much of a ninja as Power Rangers are military soldiers.

@  RedAuthar : (20 April 2018 - 06:27 PM)

Me personally...I don't care. I like ninjas regardless.

@  RedAuthar : (20 April 2018 - 06:26 PM)

Depends on the type of ninja. There's the actual stealthy ninja, and then there's the amazing martial artists/Naruto/super power ninjas.

@  Sunnyfruit : (20 April 2018 - 04:59 PM)

We need Shinobi Mania

@  Sunnyfruit : (20 April 2018 - 04:59 PM)

Aren't ninjas 80s material now?

@  Ishapar : (20 April 2018 - 02:57 PM)

Ninjas are overrated.

@  Shadow : (20 April 2018 - 02:20 PM)

You know I just realized their hasn't been a good ninja movie in a long time.

@  Sandata : (20 April 2018 - 09:59 AM)

ouch!

@  Shadow : (19 April 2018 - 01:06 AM)

It sucks getting a sore pimple on your septum.

@  Misk : (18 April 2018 - 02:49 PM)

and R. Lee. Ermey

@  GamemasterAn... : (18 April 2018 - 07:34 AM)

We also lost Harry Anderson. You will be missed, Judge Stone.

@  Ishapar : (18 April 2018 - 05:50 AM)

Yeah, I figured out the older I get, the more people I know pass away. Part of growing up.

@  Sunnyfruit : (18 April 2018 - 04:34 AM)

And I think I'm getting old, huh. rip

@  Uncle Ben : (17 April 2018 - 07:28 PM)

She was married to HW for *73 years*

@  Uncle Ben : (17 April 2018 - 07:27 PM)

Barbra Bush passed away tonight, at 92

@  Sunnyfruit : (17 April 2018 - 05:24 AM)

Yeah I totally respect and support the man, variety of interpretations is what made Sonic so great in the first place (I love Spinball so)

@  Clocktopus : (17 April 2018 - 04:27 AM)

Having preferences is one thing. I'm the first to tell you I prefer darker, grittier stories, but Hesse did a beautiful job animating those.

@  Sunnyfruit : (17 April 2018 - 02:14 AM)

To use a Sonic example, how being "nostalgic" nowadays means to irrationally hate on the cartoon designs and claim Hesse (who says he was inspired even by Underground) made the "true" Sonic

Photo

Save Sonic & Sally - Sega World Statues Found Abandoned In 2018

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nz17

Nz17

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 11 posts

Posted A week ago

Bloke in Australia is trying to save and restore SEGA World statues of Sonic & Sally from a scrap yard.

https://www.youtube....bed/cC2ZPh3V10Q

#2 Robthe1st

Robthe1st

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 425 posts

Posted A week ago

Well, that's sad.  And I hate to say this: Sonally is gone. Because Sally has never appear in the mainstream games (Except for Sonic Spinball), she's gone in the comics (Don't know if she'll appear in the IDW Comics), and the Sonamy are now the majority. Sad, but true.

#3 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 72 posts

Posted A week ago

"How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going, because they were holding on to something."

-J.R.R. Tolkein

Behold, the Heart of the World,
Progenitor of Life, Father and Mother, 
Alpha and Omega, Our Creator...
And Our Destroyer.

#4 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,131 posts

Posted A week ago

Well, that's sad.  And I hate to say this: Sonally is gone. Because Sally has never appear in the mainstream games (Except for Sonic Spinball), she's gone in the comics (Don't know if she'll appear in the IDW Comics), and the Sonamy are now the majority. Sad, but true.

Not unless the fandom dies off completely. Honestly, I think we should count ourselves lucky that we had her for so very long, despite how little it might've been.

And I think one of those blessings is the fact that Ian Flynn loves the character. I mean, every writer before him either despised Sally or portrayed her as an unlikable character. Ian not only tried redeeming the character in the eyes of the fanbase but he also fought for her continued survival in the Reboot. If she and the other cast members have a chance of returning to the franchise (and there just might be one), Ian's probably the one guy who could make that happen.

#5 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 3,975 posts

Posted A week ago

You may as well build a new one from scratch. It's completely possible to replicate with the photos to work with and the size scale. Just need someone willing to tackle the project. Hell, could even be a kickstarter campaign. Donate x amount of dollars and with perks receive miniature SonSally statue with a t shirt. Statue could be showcased at cons to take photos with.

#6 Sunnyfruit

Sunnyfruit

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 32 posts

Posted A week ago

I can't help but think that if there was a sizable Sally fanbase in Japan, SEGA would care. The Japanese love Silver and that made him survive 06 even though the game is bashed to hell in the West.

#7 Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben

Five-Star Match Machine

• Moderators
  • 13,331 posts

Posted A week ago

I can't help but think that if there was a sizable Sally fanbase in Japan, SEGA would care. The Japanese love Silver and that made him survive 06 even though the game is bashed to hell in the West.

Honestly, Silver wasn't that bad of a character, he just got stuck with being attached to arguably the worst game in the Franchise in '06.

Not unless the fandom dies off completely. Honestly, I think we should count ourselves lucky that we had her for so very long, despite how little it might've been.

And I think one of those blessings is the fact that Ian Flynn loves the character. I mean, every writer before him either despised Sally or portrayed her as an unlikable character. Ian not only tried redeeming the character in the eyes of the fanbase but he also fought for her continued survival in the Reboot. If she and the other cast members have a chance of returning to the franchise (and there just might be one), Ian's probably the one guy who could make that happen.

Yeah, as much as i'm not a fan of Ian, he does care about the character. He did everything he could to keep Sally post reboot (and probably did everything he could to try to keep the door open in IDW) and make her likable to the fans, though some actions that he did I do not agree with.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

#8 DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain

• Fellow FUSer
  • 159 posts

Posted A week ago

Bloke in Australia is trying to save and restore SEGA World statues of Sonic & Sally from a scrap yard.

https://www.youtube....bed/cC2ZPh3V10Q

Interesting and sad at the same time...

"You're watching a poster!"

#9 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 539 posts

Posted A week ago

Sal and the other FF may die down from the public mainstream, but the characters and stories can still survive just as older legends from various other cultures have survived over the centuries.  Fandom can play a big part in preserving these characters, but only if the fandom actively portrays these characters into their own works.  If this guy is able to restore the statues or make replicas of them, that is one way of the characters to still survive in the memory of the Western world. 

Honestly, I am planning my own way to help preserve these characters through another avenue, but any activity to preserve them is a plus.

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users