Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Sunnyfruit : (21 April 2018 - 04:41 AM)

Speaking of disappeared tropes I recently realized that the washed-up hippies are a dead trope since a decade.

@  Tim J : (21 April 2018 - 02:34 AM)

Sea3on readers! Don’t forget to leave your opinion about how Chapter 7 is going in the Chapter 7 topic! Your input is apreciated and welcome!

@  Shadow : (20 April 2018 - 11:09 PM)

Naruto is as much of a ninja as Power Rangers are military soldiers.

@  RedAuthar : (20 April 2018 - 06:27 PM)

Me personally...I don't care. I like ninjas regardless.

@  RedAuthar : (20 April 2018 - 06:26 PM)

Depends on the type of ninja. There's the actual stealthy ninja, and then there's the amazing martial artists/Naruto/super power ninjas.

@  Sunnyfruit : (20 April 2018 - 04:59 PM)

We need Shinobi Mania

@  Sunnyfruit : (20 April 2018 - 04:59 PM)

Aren't ninjas 80s material now?

@  Ishapar : (20 April 2018 - 02:57 PM)

Ninjas are overrated.

@  Shadow : (20 April 2018 - 02:20 PM)

You know I just realized their hasn't been a good ninja movie in a long time.

@  Sandata : (20 April 2018 - 09:59 AM)

ouch!

@  Shadow : (19 April 2018 - 01:06 AM)

It sucks getting a sore pimple on your septum.

@  Misk : (18 April 2018 - 02:49 PM)

and R. Lee. Ermey

@  GamemasterAn... : (18 April 2018 - 07:34 AM)

We also lost Harry Anderson. You will be missed, Judge Stone.

@  Ishapar : (18 April 2018 - 05:50 AM)

Yeah, I figured out the older I get, the more people I know pass away. Part of growing up.

@  Sunnyfruit : (18 April 2018 - 04:34 AM)

And I think I'm getting old, huh. rip

@  Uncle Ben : (17 April 2018 - 07:28 PM)

She was married to HW for *73 years*

@  Uncle Ben : (17 April 2018 - 07:27 PM)

Barbra Bush passed away tonight, at 92

@  Sunnyfruit : (17 April 2018 - 05:24 AM)

Yeah I totally respect and support the man, variety of interpretations is what made Sonic so great in the first place (I love Spinball so)

@  Clocktopus : (17 April 2018 - 04:27 AM)

Having preferences is one thing. I'm the first to tell you I prefer darker, grittier stories, but Hesse did a beautiful job animating those.

@  Sunnyfruit : (17 April 2018 - 02:14 AM)

To use a Sonic example, how being "nostalgic" nowadays means to irrationally hate on the cartoon designs and claim Hesse (who says he was inspired even by Underground) made the "true" Sonic

Photo

Pick One Sonic Game Character To Join Satam And Explain Why

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Nz17

Nz17

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 11 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Simple enough: choose a character from the Sonic games and explain why he or she would be a good match for the SatAM world and his or her role or function within the lore.

#2 SolidSonicTH

SolidSonicTH

The lastest thing alive

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Knuckles is the easiest choice, especially considering he was originally slated to join anyway. He could have been the avenue to introducing the Chaos Emeralds progressively and eventually Super Sonic.

Though they did kind of corner themselves by implying the floating island ISN’T Angel Island. Don’t know how they planned to work around that.

#3 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 72 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

I would kind of like to see how they would have had Shadow.

Behold, the Heart of the World,
Progenitor of Life, Father and Mother, 
Alpha and Omega, Our Creator...
And Our Destroyer.

#4 E122Psi

E122Psi

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 150 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

E-102 Gamma would be an interesting concept to bring into the show, the premise that anything made by Robotnik could have a conscience, to the point of being a tragic creation that resents taking away a form of natural life, that would be a unique perspective and if one of the Freedom Fighters interacted heavily with him, it would be a very different moral dilemma for them.

#5 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Nearly everyone cites Knuckles as their go-to character, but I'm curious to see how they would've adapted Amy into the mix.

With Sally being Sonic's romantic partner in the show, would Amy's affection be a hindrance to their relationship? Or would they change her character to more of a fangirl? And considering her tarot card usage, would they play up the magical/mysticism side of her character? I can't think of any magic users on the Freedom Fighter team.

#6 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,095 posts

Posted A week ago

I just have a hard time picturing Any in the SatAM universe. With it's more serious tone and all.
But..at the same time..hmm..be interesting

#7 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,427 posts

Posted A week ago

Ignoring Knuckles and Metal, the popular choices, I'd probably go with a character like Shadow or Rouge. Someone who can ride the line between ally and enemy. Someone who is just as likely to help the freedom fighters as interfere.

A slight edge to Shadow as his dark past would be more interesting with a SatAM twist. Even if you take out Gerald Robotnik and Maria, you could still have a story of genetic manipulation, artificial creation, and betrayal.

Though on the other hand having Rouge as a treasure hunter who is more out for herself than the rest of moebius could be interesting too.

#8 SolidSonicTH

SolidSonicTH

The lastest thing alive

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8 posts

Posted A week ago

If I were to avoid a cop-out answer (although I think the justification was valid regardless of the low-hanging fruit), I’d say Amy. As much as she annoys me, her relationship with Sally would be fun since she’d have a tough time accepting Sonic’s relationship with her (plus I’d get to stick it to Amy for being a pest in doing so).

Also, as an aside I have plans to eventually write a story where Silver and Blaze cross over into the SatAM universe to help the Freedom Fighters combat a malevolent Solaris who is on the verge of tearing through into their reality. However this story takes place in a reimagined SatAM universe that is similar but with different circumstances. It's also a long way off (as in "once I kill off Robotnik" future plan at a point where I'm still writing the world-building chapters).

#9 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,131 posts

Posted A week ago

I just have a hard time picturing Any in the SatAM universe. With it's more serious tone and all.

In a universe that also has Antoine and Dulcy present? It doesn't seem like that much of a stretch.

#10 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 3,975 posts

Posted A week ago

Well with Knuckles aside as the easy choice, I'd like to see Mighty and Ray. They would make a good team up trio for Sonic for missions that involves the Freedom Fighters to split up into groups.

#11 Silent X

Silent X

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 52 posts

Posted A week ago

Going with the villain route and saying Metal Sonic would fit in this series pretty well. Roboticization is a key element in the series already, and though he isn't a roboticized Sonic in the sense of the other slaves, Robotnik could come up with the idea to create him after failing to actually capture Sonic and turning him. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users