Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Sunnyfruit : (21 April 2018 - 04:41 AM)

Speaking of disappeared tropes I recently realized that the washed-up hippies are a dead trope since a decade.

@  Tim J : (21 April 2018 - 02:34 AM)

Sea3on readers! Don’t forget to leave your opinion about how Chapter 7 is going in the Chapter 7 topic! Your input is apreciated and welcome!

@  Shadow : (20 April 2018 - 11:09 PM)

Naruto is as much of a ninja as Power Rangers are military soldiers.

@  RedAuthar : (20 April 2018 - 06:27 PM)

Me personally...I don't care. I like ninjas regardless.

@  RedAuthar : (20 April 2018 - 06:26 PM)

Depends on the type of ninja. There's the actual stealthy ninja, and then there's the amazing martial artists/Naruto/super power ninjas.

@  Sunnyfruit : (20 April 2018 - 04:59 PM)

We need Shinobi Mania

@  Sunnyfruit : (20 April 2018 - 04:59 PM)

Aren't ninjas 80s material now?

@  Ishapar : (20 April 2018 - 02:57 PM)

Ninjas are overrated.

@  Shadow : (20 April 2018 - 02:20 PM)

You know I just realized their hasn't been a good ninja movie in a long time.

@  Sandata : (20 April 2018 - 09:59 AM)

ouch!

@  Shadow : (19 April 2018 - 01:06 AM)

It sucks getting a sore pimple on your septum.

@  Misk : (18 April 2018 - 02:49 PM)

and R. Lee. Ermey

@  GamemasterAn... : (18 April 2018 - 07:34 AM)

We also lost Harry Anderson. You will be missed, Judge Stone.

@  Ishapar : (18 April 2018 - 05:50 AM)

Yeah, I figured out the older I get, the more people I know pass away. Part of growing up.

@  Sunnyfruit : (18 April 2018 - 04:34 AM)

And I think I'm getting old, huh. rip

@  Uncle Ben : (17 April 2018 - 07:28 PM)

She was married to HW for *73 years*

@  Uncle Ben : (17 April 2018 - 07:27 PM)

Barbra Bush passed away tonight, at 92

@  Sunnyfruit : (17 April 2018 - 05:24 AM)

Yeah I totally respect and support the man, variety of interpretations is what made Sonic so great in the first place (I love Spinball so)

@  Clocktopus : (17 April 2018 - 04:27 AM)

Having preferences is one thing. I'm the first to tell you I prefer darker, grittier stories, but Hesse did a beautiful job animating those.

@  Sunnyfruit : (17 April 2018 - 02:14 AM)

To use a Sonic example, how being "nostalgic" nowadays means to irrationally hate on the cartoon designs and claim Hesse (who says he was inspired even by Underground) made the "true" Sonic

Photo

Sonic Idw Facebook Q&a Highlights

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 2 days ago

I don't like the FF redesigns. If they are introduced again, they will likely be redesigned again.

Eh. Each to his own, I guess.

But after all the controversy surrounding the announcement of the redesigns, I think they'll want to stick with what fans are already familiar with. So I kinda doubt they'll be receiving yet another change in appearance.

I mean, Sticks the Badger from "Boom" has recently been confirmed to be salvageable for the comic and that she won't be needing a redesign herself, so the same could apply to the SatAM cast when they return.

#22 Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben

Five-Star Match Machine

• Moderators
  • 13,331 posts

Posted A day ago

Even if they return to a "SatAM-like" appearance I still imagine Sally will get a bit of change... at least with pants.

Because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

#23 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,427 posts

Posted A day ago

While their new designs may or may not be used, I do believe they may have some tweeks to their designs.  More like modernization of their original designs.  It's just the nature of comics in general.  

Something more along the lines of changes these:

Original

Later Design

Just like IDW's GIJoe or Transformers.  They'll keep some of the original aspects to help you recognize the characters but they'll sort of reimagine them.  

Plus we'll be honest.  In SatAM Sonic was the character who stood out the most, feeling the most out of place.  If this universe is going to have Forces Styled Civilians, the Freedom Fighters's original appearances will make them feel a bit out of place.  

#24 Sunnyfruit

Sunnyfruit

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 32 posts

Posted A day ago

Even if they return to a "SatAM-like" appearance I still imagine Sally will get a bit of change... at least with pants.

Because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

YmegSjh.jpg

#25 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,131 posts

Posted Today, 09:33 AM

I meant their Reboot designs, actually. Quite a number of fans grew to either like or not mind the newer designs; and since the comic is still going for the game esthetic, they most likely would keep the reboot designs.

At least, that's my assumption.

The only way I see the SatAM designs returning is if they have a comic continuation of the show.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users