Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Uncle Ben : (22 October 2017 - 04:42 PM)

a dartboard?

@  RedAuthar : (22 October 2017 - 04:32 PM)

Yeah, uh where did the name Ashura actually come from?

@  GamemasterAn... : (22 October 2017 - 12:42 PM)

Plus they missed a golden opportunity with him. After all there was this certain glitch that appeared in the games, so they could've called him...oh, I don't know...ASHURA?!?

@  RedAuthar : (22 October 2017 - 12:04 PM)

It kinda backfired.

@  RedAuthar : (22 October 2017 - 12:03 PM)

That was what they attempted to do with Scourge, make him more Reverse-Sonic instead of Anti-Sonic.

@  RedAuthar : (22 October 2017 - 12:03 PM)

It's still the same concept. It's the hero character, only evil. An Anti-Version. And if done right it can be interesting.

@  Shadow : (22 October 2017 - 11:39 AM)

Well in the case of Reverse Flash it was less the case of an evil version of him and more of a twisted fanboy from the future who wanted to become him.

@  RedAuthar : (21 October 2017 - 10:28 PM)

I always blamed DC Comics and Flash.

@  Uncle Ben : (21 October 2017 - 07:50 PM)

Point there.

@  Shadow : (21 October 2017 - 05:08 PM)

The doppelganger really is a played out idea that Ken Penders ripped off from Star Trek TOS, with the whole mirror universe.

@  Uncle Ben : (21 October 2017 - 06:12 AM)

I like the concept of the "Anti doppelganger" but I kinda doubt they would bring back the concept in IDW.

@  Ryuji : (20 October 2017 - 06:03 PM)

I just want my Scourge xP

@  Uncle Ben : (20 October 2017 - 03:01 PM)

I would like to see someone try to do something with her. I think there's potential that never got used.

@  Shadow : (20 October 2017 - 02:13 PM)

Well I'm fine with her not returning. Nothing exactly anything noteworthy done to miss her.

@  Sandata : (18 October 2017 - 02:15 PM)

Nice One Ben

@  Quickster : (18 October 2017 - 08:52 AM)

Or maybe they should have officially announced her retirement within the comic. :P

@  RedAuthar : (17 October 2017 - 10:02 PM)

Or maybe, just maybe, It's Maybelline

@  Uncle Ben : (17 October 2017 - 06:52 PM)

Or maybe they could have gone to the Winchester, grabbed a pint, and waited for all this to blow over. :P

@  RedAuthar : (17 October 2017 - 05:52 PM)

Or they should have left the robot version and never touched the real one.

@  Shadow : (17 October 2017 - 05:52 PM)

you mean like with the whole Brotherhood, or the the off panel exile of all the echidnas by Thrash?

Photo

Your Top Sonic Shows

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Quickster

Quickster

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 46 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

With the movie coming out in 2019, I decided to throw together a list of the top Sonic shows out there.

#6: Sonic Underground

This is a joke. Sure, Sonia and Manic may have been good characters, but this just isn't the way to finish up SatAM.

#5: The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog

The "Pingas" meme is probably the only good thing that came out of this cartoon, which seems to have a similar feel to The Super Mario Bros. Super Show.

#4: Sonic the Hedgehog (1996)

I had a difficult time choosing which was better between this show and the next one on the list. The actors seemed to have cringe-y voices, but Knuckles with a hat is great-looking.

#3: Sonic Boom

This is an awesome show, though it has its cringeworthy moments. *coughsingingmontagecough* With Vector now on the show, what's not to love?

#2: Sonic X

While a great show, Chris' personality needs to be gutted, and several different aspects needed to be rewritten. And Season 3 doesn't feel like it fits in. But otherwise, it's fantastic show.

#1: Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM)

Still the greatest Sonic show out there, 24 years later. I mean, what kind of traitor would I be if this show weren't #1?! After all, this is the FUS forum! My only complaint is that there's no Season 3. Oh well, that's what Sea3on's for.

So how would you personally rate these shows?

Sayonara, Archie Sonic the Hedgehog comics... Hello, IDW Sonic comics!

Only two more years until the Sonic movie... Two! That's like a sixth of a dozen, man!

It's high time I got an avatar...

#2 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

1. SatAM - The one Sonic show that feels like it had the most effort put into it. It had a strong direction and a lot of heart. Sure, it's not perfect and it has its share of flaws, but this is a show I feel deserves a reboot.
  2. The OVA - This movie is just a lot of fun to watch. The animation is top-notch, the action is exciting, and it feels just like the classic games. Sure, the English dub is cheesy as heck, but that just sorta adds to the enjoyment.
  3. Underground - Okay, the musical aspect of this show is cringy, but the rest of it is surprisingly decent. Nothing spectacular, but I don't think it's as bad as others make it out to be.
  4. Boom - While not as compelling as either of the shows above, it's still an entertaining snark-fest of a show that pokes fun of pop-culture, society, the franchise, and even itself.
  5. Sonic X - This show definitely had its shining moments, but looking at it as a whole, I find this show to be kinda dull and boring. Had there been a greater focus on the Mobian characters instead of the human characters and a slightly more interesting premise, this would've been a lot higher on the list.
  6. AoStH - While having some entertainment value, this show is definitely the most dated. The main characters are obnoxious and annoying, most of the jokes are bad, the animation quality is all over the place, and the whole show just doesn't seem to care. That and I can't help but blame it for generating the number of creepy fetishes online.

Overall, it's surprising to see the sheer amount of variety between shows, and they all star a speedy blue anthropomorphic hedgehog.

#3 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,367 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

1. Sonic SatAM - I mean...c'mon.  Everyone's going to say this as their favorite.  
  2. Sonic the Hedgehog - The Movie - Bad voicing aside, this is actually a fun watch.  Animation is really good and the story while a bit jumbled is quite interesting.  It is the main reason Metal is viewed so overpowered to this day.  
  3. Underground - There's this weird guy on the internet I met on a Sonic website, I believe his name was LogiTeeka, who convinced me to watch this....I blame you!   Ignoring the Songs though, the show isn't all that bad.  It's a bit more lighthearted overall than SatAM but occasionally gets darker. Character Designs are actually really good, ranging from normal looking mobians to the what-ever-they-are from AoStH.  The biggest draw back is the voices and the music.  But I mean, all of these are going to have issues with the voice acting so...
  4. Sonic Night of the Werehog - If the Movie counts so does this.  It's a short but it's actually pretty fun.  The animation looks great and honestly, had me looking forwards to Unleashed.  I'm a little bummed they didn't make more of these.
  5. Sonic - Man of the Year - A little lost short done for Sonic Jam (I think?).  The animation is good, and it's music is spot on.  The biggest gripe is it feels like it is a part one to something that never got any further parts. 
  6. Sonic X - Despite it's flaws, Chris, Sonic being lazy, etc, I still enjoy this show.  Honestly it has some of the best interactions between other characters like Knuckles and Amy or Chaotix and ANYBODY.  I kinda view it like I'm watching a fan's reinvention.  Sorta like...
  7. Sonic Boom - Some episodes are awesome.  Some suck.  it's hit or miss.  
  8. AoStH - There's like 6 episodes I like via nostalgia.  Otherwise the show is almost painful to watch. 

#4 Sunnyfruit

Sunnyfruit

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 10 posts

Posted A week ago

5# AoStH was my favorite show when I was a young child. I kept humming the Robotnik theme all these years. But sincerely, this is just bad and unfunny, painfully bad. I can't understand how this show can be remembered as the "good" one, probably because memes and pseudoelitism. If I want to watch a fun Sonic show I'd go for Boom.

4# I have a very good opinion of Sonic Boom. It's funny, all the redesigns except Knuckles are great and Amy is finally likeable. And Sticks is just awesome. Seriously. I'm even worried because I don't think the Japanese will be able to keep her as the lovable nutjob she is. I wished there were more colorful non-game characters but it seems Sega made clear they didn't want that. Such a shame.

3# Sonic Underground is a show you grow to like even though it starts (and more or less keeps being) mediocre and cheesy. Despite (again) the wave of hostile memes, Sonia and Manic were genuinely good characters and there were some very good episodes, like Three hedgehogs and a baby. Robotnik is without a doubt the second worst version ever conceived here, a goofball with only the word roboticizer at the mouth. (And one last thing, let's be honest here, the worst/weirdest episodes were written by Hurst/Allee)

2# I love everything about Sonic the OVA, the groovy music, the Toriyama/old anime feeling, the art direction, Metal Sonic... If I had the chance to watch as a child it would have been one of my favorite movies ever, especially since I already loved Metal Sonic from CD and thought then he was a one-occurrence villain.

1# Sonic SatAM kept being legitimately good even though I thought at first I was keeping my nostalgia goggles. This show never ceases to amaze me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users