Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  ShenFNWoo : (22 September 2018 - 06:23 AM)

Wow, this place is dead. Rest in peace. *Prays*

@  Uncle Ben : (17 September 2018 - 07:42 PM)

Jeff Hardy: I won't do Swanton Bombs/High Risk stuff as much anymore because of my previous injuries.

Also Jeff Hardy: Let me do this insane spot with ladders, a table and the Cell itself.

@  ShenFNWoo : (14 September 2018 - 01:28 PM)

This is the part of the conversation that I think it's safe to abort mission. Tis why I normally don't speak in shout boxes, as small talk becomes the driving force. What started off with a complaint about a season then turns to a comparison of objective pros and cons. Could've lead to a pretty healthy debate xD. Now is probably going to degenerate into opinionated preferences for seasons or change topic altogether. Boring.

@  Uncle Ben : (13 September 2018 - 09:47 PM)

I'll argue the autumn. Perhaps it's due to the foliage for me as well as fresh apples and the start of maple syrup season.

@  ShenFNWoo : (13 September 2018 - 08:16 PM)

What he said. This guy never lies V

@  Ishapar : (13 September 2018 - 02:25 PM)

I prefer winter because it is unique. When else are you going to get skating, tubing, and snowball fights?

@  ShenFNWoo : (12 September 2018 - 08:59 PM)

I'll take black ice from here to within 100 miles in any direction instead of that. At least I know what I can do about it.

@  ShenFNWoo : (12 September 2018 - 08:58 PM)

VS gang violence because it's too hot and people can't sit still? Bugs every damn where? Frequent horrible thunderstorms? All other pests out in full force? Heat that you can do nothing about once you get outside? No holidays to speak of where you get a full week off? All the kids outside and running amok because school is out?

@  Shadow : (12 September 2018 - 10:59 AM)

Two words: Black ice.

@  ShenFNWoo : (12 September 2018 - 05:55 AM)

You get one thing: It's cold enough to make rain turn into snow. That is all.

@  ShenFNWoo : (12 September 2018 - 05:55 AM)

That's why winter's the best season. The least amount of BS happens

@  Shadow : (11 September 2018 - 08:14 PM)

Summer- the only season where your town can burn to the ground and then be flooded

@  Clocktopus : (11 September 2018 - 04:10 AM)

'Tis the season

@  Ishapar : (10 September 2018 - 08:12 PM)

Rain 3 days in a row. I guess a hurricane is coming along the East coast.

@  Uncle Ben : (01 September 2018 - 07:20 PM)

ALL IN might have been the best wrestling show I've ever seen.

@  Misk : (23 August 2018 - 04:08 PM)

unless it was the phantom ruby. Then it makes total sense.

@  Ishapar : (23 August 2018 - 09:03 AM)

A little bit mixed around, mate.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2018 - 08:37 PM)

one day I saw a ruby, playing with a child the size of a tangerine.

@  Ishapar : (16 August 2018 - 03:44 PM)

Eh, I prefered the 64 version. It had the right balance to difficulty and fun. I prefer the game as it relies more on the character's skill at controlling Mario rather than relying too much on powerups (which would explain my fondness of Genesis Sonic games).

@  Misk : (16 August 2018 - 02:48 PM)

Camera was way better too.

Photo

Sonic Mania, Not Necessarily Spoiler Free

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:38 AM

OMGIT'SOGOODIJUSTWANTTOSITHEREWITHOUTEATINGANDJUSTPLAYUNTILIDIEOFSTARVATION

*Froths at the mouth*

Behold, the Heart of the World,
Progenitor of Life, Father and Mother, 
Alpha and Omega, Our Creator...
And Our Destroyer.

#2 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

It should be noted that the PC version has Denuvo DRM and cannot be played offline. Pretty ridiculous for a single-player game, IMO, but I don't think I'm gonna refund it.

(EDIT: Being unable to play offline is apparently a bug. They're looking into it.)

#3 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:01 PM

Meh, most are like that nowadays.  Who the hell is offline anyway.  *slightly less frothing*

And Our Destroyer.

#4 Sunnyfruit

Sunnyfruit

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:32 AM

So, there was some more leaks and it seems that after all Mania Plus has way more than your classic SEGA milking with two reskins and a glorified Time Attack mode. They visibly went to the trouble of adding the missing transitions (including some more great SMS fanservice), Instashied/Peelout in a normal game, and even a brand new boss.

I have some personal quibbles with Mania but the amounts of love the devs put in the game is astounding. They could have just made a glorified Sonic 2 reference game but they made sure to try to appeal to every shade of the fanbase, even the forgotten ones.

I usually don't like leaks but I'm going to be spoiled no matter what so oh well. Mania was just okay in my book but if Mighty and Ray are as polished as the rest of these updates, this might become a 9/10 game for me.

Now no more references in Sonic please

#5 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 543 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:54 AM

So just a quick question:  is it worth buying Mania from Steam?

The classic 2d Sonic games are still my favorite video games, but I could only play Mania through Steam.  I have heard many rumors about the DRM causing issues with the gameplay, but I guess it has been mostly patched up.  Any opinions?

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#6 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:21 AM

I haven't had any trouble with the Steam version.

#7 Sunnyfruit

Sunnyfruit

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:01 AM

Unless you plan to play on the toastiest of toasters, there are absolutely no problems with Mania PC. The game is also playable offline despite what rumors say.

#8 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:30 AM

I only ever encountered a single bug with the game in more than 50 hours of it.  The DRM doesn't do anything, and if you REALLY want, you can get a crack.  People rail about Denuvo messing your hard drive up, and being intensive to run, and it's a load of crock.  Nothing has ever been proven with that.  

That said, the game is ASTOUNDING. BUY. GO. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And Our Destroyer.

#9 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 543 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:48 AM

I just bought Mania Wednesday night and had the most fun playing a video game in a number of years!  I still think Sonic 2 and 3 are superior than Mania, but I would put Mania above 1 and CD.  The only issue I've noticed was sometimes the music track would turn off and I would be playing with just the sound effects.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#10 Sunnyfruit

Sunnyfruit

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:37 AM

This is no Sonic 4, for sure. I just wish they could put some automated anti-cheating mechanism for the leaderboards. Or at least use the banhammer the most absurd scores.

wI9D4Iq.jpg

#11 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 543 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:58 PM

Never was fond of online content in games.  I am so used to just playing a game and enjoying the local content.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#12 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,463 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:31 PM

This is no Sonic 4, for sure. I just wish they could put some automated anti-cheating mechanism for the leaderboards. Or at least use the banhammer the most absurd scores.

Never was fond of online content in games.  I am so used to just playing a game and enjoying the local content.

I don't mind Online content.  But Online Leaderboards are a waste of data in games.  I know back in the day, when you went to the arcade, you'd compete for a high score.  But in this day and age, it's too easy to cheat or mod games and take the top slot with impossible scores.  Why have them at all?  

#13 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 543 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:29 AM

I don't mind Online content.  But Online Leaderboards are a waste of data in games.  I know back in the day, when you went to the arcade, you'd compete for a high score.  But in this day and age, it's too easy to cheat or mod games and take the top slot with impossible scores.  Why have them at all?  

Exactly.  I don't play Sonic to try to beat a bunch of stranger's high scores; I play to have fun.  If they did some online competition mode, though, then it might be tempting.

gallery 51493 212 294091

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users