Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Ishapar : (23 February 2018 - 06:32 AM)

Why is the snow always gone?

@  Quickster : (22 February 2018 - 11:31 AM)

Issue 5 has been revealed!

@  Uncle Ben : (21 February 2018 - 09:03 PM)

I will never understand the weather around here

@  Uncle Ben : (21 February 2018 - 09:03 PM)

It was 70 today and it's gonna snow tomorrow

@  chief : (21 February 2018 - 07:44 PM)

yes..yes it is snowing shadow

@  Shadow : (21 February 2018 - 01:43 PM)

*Grumble* It's snowing out...

@  Quickster : (15 February 2018 - 02:34 PM)

It's now been 400 days since the release of the last Archie Sonic issue.

@  Uncle Ben : (14 February 2018 - 10:23 PM)

Arguably it lead to 21CF selling to Disney

@  RedAuthar : (14 February 2018 - 09:12 PM)

Ha!

@  Shadow : (13 February 2018 - 10:23 PM)

These are also the same people who thought Fant4stic would be so successful they would combine it with FOX's X Men to make their own Avengers franchise.

@  Shadow : (13 February 2018 - 10:22 PM)

Sony are fickle bastards who on one hand sold the rights off to Spiderman to Marvel Studios but at the same time are exploiting every loophole to be able to use and abuse the Spiderman brand without directly having Spiderman in it. Like the upcoming Miles Morales Spiderman animated movie.

@  Shadow : (13 February 2018 - 06:17 PM)

Venom is being done by Sony which is not part of the MCU, but they are counting on you thinking it is due it being a Marvel property.

@  Uncle Ben : (12 February 2018 - 08:21 PM)

Is Venom being made by 20th Century or Marvel now? The whole 21st Century Fox sale to Disney makes things confusing

@  Shadow : (12 February 2018 - 06:05 PM)

Kind of pointless then if you have a teaser but nothing to show the actual character.

@  Sandata : (11 February 2018 - 06:30 AM)

It's just a teaser so far though right? Maybe the full trailer will show him.

@  Shadow : (09 February 2018 - 12:36 PM)

Well, Sony's Venom trailer sure sucked. He wasn't even in it.

@  MoKat : (06 February 2018 - 01:41 PM)

*coughs* Didymus! What's up?

@  furrykef : (01 February 2018 - 02:51 PM)

We win the internet.

@  Shadow : (31 January 2018 - 10:38 PM)

What do we win?

@  Clocktopus : (31 January 2018 - 07:46 PM)

So the Sega forums are shutting down. That means we win right?

Photo

Idw Comics Is The New Home For Sonic Comics In 2018

IDW Comics IDW Sonic The Hedgehog SatAM Archie Comics Sally Acorn Bunnie Rabbot Tails Sega

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Quickster

Quickster

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:48 AM

The first issue if IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog will be released in April!

https://www.sonicsta...art-april-2018/

Pumped for IDW in April 2018! And also the 2019 Sonic movie.

It's high time I got an avatar...

#22 DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain

• Fellow FUSer
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

Sonic NYCC 2017 IDW Event: Tyson Hesse Art Shown Off

Sonic NYCC 2017 IDW Event: IDC Sonic Issues #1-4 Releasing Every Wednesday In April

Sonic NYCC 2017 IDW Event: Ian Flynn Confirmed Head Writer Of IDW Comics

"You're watching a poster!"

#23 Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben

Five-Star Match Machine

• Moderators
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:16 AM

We got some new news... and it's not necessarily good. Ian Flynn confirmed on BumbleKast that none of his characters from Archie will be returning at all in IDW Sonic.

HOWEVER he has yet to say anything about the Freedom Fighters, who aren't technically Archie characters. I still believe if the Freedom Fighters weren't going to be in it, we would have told about it by now.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

#24 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:42 AM

Unless not even they know yet.

#25 Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben

Five-Star Match Machine

• Moderators
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:39 AM

I would imagine they would know by now.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

#26 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:55 PM

From what I know of the industry, by this phase of production, at least the first issue would be written and the second would be being planned.  Artwork is being done and inked.  

Behold, the Heart of the World,
Progenitor of Life, Father and Mother, 
Alpha and Omega, Our Creator...
And Our Destroyer.

#27 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:22 AM

Which still doesn't mean they know if they're gonna use the Freedom Fighters or not. They don't have to be in the first issue. :P

#28 Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben

Five-Star Match Machine

• Moderators
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:20 AM

I could see them being introduced at the end of issue 4

#29 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:59 PM

It's likely they'll be introduced at some point later, if not subtly hinted at in the opening story arc.

For now, I guess it might be best just to take it slowly. I mean, they'll probably have to introduce and establish the main characters first before adding any other niche characters to the fold.

#30 FooNess

FooNess

Let's do it to it!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:39 AM

Which still doesn't mean they know if they're gonna use the Freedom Fighters or not. They don't have to be in the first issue. :P

:thumbsup:

#31 Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben

Five-Star Match Machine

• Moderators
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:45 AM

It's likely they'll be introduced at some point later, if not subtly hinted at in the opening story arc.

For now, I guess it might be best just to take it slowly. I mean, they'll probably have to introduce and establish the main characters first before adding any other niche characters to the fold.

I think it would be better to hint them in issue 2-3 and at the end of 4 they appear

#32 Sunnyfruit

Sunnyfruit

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

From what happened until now, when Ian doesn't say no, it means #knowingSmile. If the FFs weren't kept, they probably would have been named alongside other characters' names, I think this omission is very telling.

Also the comic promotion is about the Sonic franchise, not SatAM. It's only natural they keep giving some implicit hope to the fans while trying to get new readers for this hard reboot.

It looks good, but I won't be relieved until I see Sally, Bunnie and Antoine. IwishRobotnikgetsnameddroppedfromtimestotimesjustlikebeforeitwouldbenicetoreassertwhatiscanonafterall

#33 Dcfan200

Dcfan200

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:24 AM

If I may, would you people want to assist me in ensuring that the characters from the TV shows return?

#34 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:58 PM

I doubt we can really do much except voice our wishes. And IDW is well aware of the demand.

#35 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:20 PM

I just want proper trade paperbacks from Archie of all their issues from beginning to end, and not in the tiny to read digest booklets.

#36 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:32 AM

There's just one problem with that. Rhymes with "Pen Kenders".

#37 Dcfan200

Dcfan200

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:13 AM

Yeah, well sometimes, a voice can be the greatest weapon at one's disposal. I understand that you people are hoping for the best, but hope alone isn't going to complete one's goals, most times. This most certainly applies when SEGA of Japan is involved.

#38 Quickster

Quickster

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:44 AM

Yeah, don't expect any of Penders' characters to appear. I would, however, like to see Snively, Naugus, Breezie, Mighty, Honey, and some of the other obscure TV and game characters to appear.

Pumped for IDW in April 2018! And also the 2019 Sonic movie.

It's high time I got an avatar...

#39 Dcfan200

Dcfan200

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:51 PM

Then, maybe you would like to glance at this? https://www.ipetitio...ect-all-freedom

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IDW Comics, IDW, Sonic The Hedgehog, SatAM, Archie Comics, Sally Acorn, Bunnie Rabbot, Tails, Sega

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users