Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Shadow : (19 November 2017 - 05:32 PM)

You know what Stephen King movie would make for a good remake? Storm of the Century.

@  RedAuthar : (18 November 2017 - 11:09 PM)

Exactly.

@  Shadow : (18 November 2017 - 12:09 PM)

Oh yeah, that was a real masterpiece...

@  RedAuthar : (18 November 2017 - 11:02 AM)

Not really. He was in DOOM the Movie.

@  Shadow : (18 November 2017 - 03:12 AM)

The Rock has come far from his roots of being a PS2 CGI scorpion monster.

@  Shadow : (17 November 2017 - 08:54 PM)

aka the King Kong vs Godzilla prequel

@  RedAuthar : (17 November 2017 - 06:39 PM)

So...Rampage movie.

@  Uncle Ben : (17 November 2017 - 02:58 PM)

Wouldnt take long for Florida. It wouldbe at least 2 years max

@  Quickster : (17 November 2017 - 01:36 AM)

They are working on three Mario theme parks at Universal - one in Japan and two in the US. The Japan one will open in 2020. Don't know about the others.

@  Shadow : (16 November 2017 - 02:16 PM)

A Metroid ride would be great. Go through planet Zebes with Samus as your guide.

@  GamemasterAn... : (16 November 2017 - 07:38 AM)

I heard that as well.

@  Uncle Ben : (15 November 2017 - 07:59 PM)

I thought they were with Universal?

@  Shadow : (15 November 2017 - 05:32 PM)

I think its high time Nintendo opens up their own theme park based off all their franchise series.

@  Quickster : (14 November 2017 - 05:58 PM)

Speaking of movies, Nintendo and Universal are about to strike a deal to make a Mario movie.

@  Shadow : (13 November 2017 - 03:05 AM)

I know too much about movies.

@  Shadow : (13 November 2017 - 03:05 AM)

Just like how New Line axed a new Friday the 13th film this year being made because Rings bombed, so they figured it meant people weren't interested in horror movies and not the fact it sucked.

@  Shadow : (13 November 2017 - 03:04 AM)

Disney testing their brands if their was interest for sci fi films. But I guess after they got Star Wars all that crap went out the window for old IP's under them being revived.

@  RedAuthar : (12 November 2017 - 07:57 PM)

Honestly, why did they make a Tomorrowland movie?

@  Shadow : (11 November 2017 - 11:40 PM)

Well, not only was the second season cancelled despite it winning awards and having a huge fanbase but Disney up and went and axed Tron 3 because Tomorrowland bombed.

@  RedAuthar : (11 November 2017 - 10:53 PM)

I didn't watch Uprising, so I can't be bummed about it. Actually that's why I didn't watch it. So I wouldn't be bummed when the second season doesn't happen

Photo

Archie Comics Won’t Show Face At Sdcc After Public Breakup With Sega

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 FUS News Robot

FUS News Robot

Extra! Extra!

• Newsbot
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:32 AM

We’ve heard from SEGA. We’ve heard from Archie Sonic’s team, not just current workers but former ones too. But one party has been quiet on the matter: Archie Comics itself. Over 24 hours have passed since SEGA confirmed that Archie Sonic was done, and Archie Comics’ PR has not said a thing. In fact, it has been “business as usual” for Archie HQ, as promotion for Archie series and Riverdale continued on their Twitter. It doesn’t help that all this is happening simultaneously with San Diego Comic Con either, which recently started on Thursday. Indeed, it seems the SEGA/Archie “break up” has put a damper into the latter’s already lackluster SDCC plans, if what BleedingCool’s reporting has suggested:
Following yesterday’s report that Archie Comics was dumped by longtime licensing partner Sega via tweet, a new report reveals that Archie doesn’t have a booth at San Diego Comic Con this year.

Salacious comics tabloid The Beat reports that Archie marketing executive Alex Segura also pulled out of their Comics “Journalism” panel and is absent from the convention. The news would be all the more shocking if Archie had planned to attend the show in the first place, but in retrospect, a lack of any promotion or advertisement of Archie’s presence at the con beyond a single Saturday panel, Archie Comics Forever: Riverdale and Beyond, or any listing on the SDCC Exhibitors page, could probably have been considered a major clue that the company would not have a big presence at the show.

There is no question that Archie’s panel on Saturday (which coincidentally happens 6 hours before Sonic Team’s panel) will have people’s attention, but it won’t just be because of Riverdale. A speedy hedgehog disguised as an elephant will be in the room. Whether Archie will acknowledge it is still up for debate, but if their PR as of late has been any indicator, it’s not looking too likely.

Read the full story here

#2 Jman1236

Jman1236

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 575 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:42 AM

After 7 months of no news and after this, I wouldn't show my face in public, let alone Comic con, ether.

#3 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:08 PM

It just shows you just how little Archie really feels about the Sonic brand in general.

#4 Prime

Prime

Shuffle up the Wildcards! And deal 'em!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 521 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:59 PM

Well Archie's loss is IDW's gain as they have secured the rights to Sonic.

http://www.cbr.com/s...e-sonic-comics/

'Star Wars' is my story, just like my house is my house. So if I wanna paint my house green, even if everyone else thinks it should be red, guess what? I'm gonna paint it Jar Jar! - George Lucas

"The Devil Inside is the new scam from director William Something Something. The movie stars actors and was edited on a computer. Somewhere. This movie is the latest film in a series of very low budget films designed to look like real movies! And be released in theaters to make a quick buck via a horribly off kilter budget to profit ratio that the general public seem to be stupidly unaware of! These films use to be called 'direct to video' but now they are called 'first run features'. These films then vanish from the theaters, like a rapist leaving the scene of a crime." - Mike Stoklasa of RedLetterMedia

#5 Gojira007

Gojira007

Fellow FUSer

• Sea3on Writer
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:26 PM

Fingers crossed they bring the creatives who got unceremoniously dumped by Archie thanks to the abrupt, ignominious cancellation, and/or the SatAM/Archie originals, too.  Doubtful, but given the space of the two announcements, one DOES sense this has been in the works for a while, so who knows?

"These hands of ours are BURNING RED! Their loud cry tells us..."
"To grasp happiness!"
"ERUPTING GOD FINGER!!! SEKI..."
"HA!"
"LOVE LOVE TENKYOKEN!!!"
-Domon Kasshu and Rain Mikamura, G-Gundam

#6 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

I asked artist Steven Butler about it, and he said he is currently too busy to commit to applying for comic work with IDW but is happy this is going through.

#7 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:18 PM

Fingers crossed they bring the creatives who got unceremoniously dumped by Archie thanks to the abrupt, ignominious cancellation, and/or the SatAM/Archie originals, too.  Doubtful, but given the space of the two announcements, one DOES sense this has been in the works for a while, so who knows?

Who can say, really?

#8 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:59 PM

If they do continue the comics, I hope it's more of a return to form.  I stopped reading around issue 65.  Changing the characters to the "modern versions" and the overall quality of the stories was no where near the lat 30s-50 arc.

Behold, the Heart of the World,
Progenitor of Life, Father and Mother, 
Alpha and Omega, Our Creator...
And Our Destroyer.

#9 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:23 PM

If they do continue the comics, I hope it's more of a return to form.  I stopped reading around issue 65.  Changing the characters to the "modern versions" and the overall quality of the stories was no where near the lat 30s-50 arc.

It's gonna be the modern incarnations, without a doubt. Whether you like them or not, they're the current face of the franchise.

And to be honest, I found that era of the comics to be a pretty shallow representation of SatAM. In some cases, it was downright cringy, and "Endgame" was really overrated.

#10 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:58 PM

Sure, but there were bad stories all the time.  I really enjoyed "Endgame" except for everything with Dulcy...

And Our Destroyer.

#11 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:53 PM

Was Endgame overrated? I thought most people hated Endgame. I know I do.

#12 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:59 AM

I loved Endgame and still do. It would have been a perfect place to end the comics before they went to shit. It was the greatest moment of Robotnik reaching a level of villainy that put him on the levels of Doctor Doom for me. Such a shame that Eggman never quite had the same bite as Endgame had.

#13 Vampfox

Vampfox

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:23 PM

Endgame doesn't hold up for me especially when you compare it to it's Satam counterpart Doomsday which does everything better.

Plus it's full of dumb shit like Hershey wearing a Sonic mask that makes everyone look like Snively. If Robotnik really wanted to frame Sonic for killing Sally why didn't he use one of his lifelike infiltrator robots instead?

Plus the Dulcy shit about how dragon's can sense the truth and can't lie.

Plus there's the ending where Snively was the one who killed Robotnik since he altered Robotnik's ultimate annihilator to only target Robotnik's DNA signature. 

On top of that Penders wanted to kill Sally off.

Just a bad story.

#14 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:28 PM

If you try and compare everything to SatAM, you'll always come up short :P
The mask was a bit of a gimmick, I admit, but I don't care too much.  He probably needed the plant because he wouldn't know exactly where they would attempt to enter.  
Dulcy ruins everything, we know, we know.  She's just crap.
That ending was cool... : {
Penders is an ass, and it only goes to show that the fans were the ones that wanted to keep her.  Sally 4 Eva.

And Our Destroyer.

#15 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

The Doomsday project in SatAM was cool in concept but compared to a reality ending super cannon comes up short, at least for me. I'm not sure why they made it into a large tunneling project and not a Death Egg. Perhaps if we saw more emphasis on Robotnik's armies invading then a few scout parties it would have felt much more of a doomsday machine. The Endgame arc showed off growth as a villain more than anything to Robotnik. It also made Croc Bot into a competent villain, if only for this one time.

#16 Jon

Jon

Animator in Training

• Fellow FUSer
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:13 PM

Yeah, Dulcy is a weird character in both design and implementation. Even in the show. 

There was that time Eggman destroyed Knothole- that was pretty intense on his part.

#17 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:54 PM

There was that time Eggman destroyed Knothole- that was pretty intense on his part.

I found that one scene way more emotional than anything "Endgame" tried attempting. Not only was it a tragic event, but it had a lasting impact on the series. With their home gone, the Freedom Fighters no longer had a base to call home.

Sure, the situation was shortly resolved thanks to Nicole and her nanites, but at least that was properly introduced beforehand and didn't come completely out of nowhere - unlike in "Endgame" wherein Penders had Knothole flung 3 hours into the future for no adequate reason other than Deux ex Machina and was hardly ever addressed in later stories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users