Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Shadow : (19 November 2017 - 05:32 PM)

You know what Stephen King movie would make for a good remake? Storm of the Century.

@  RedAuthar : (18 November 2017 - 11:09 PM)

Exactly.

@  Shadow : (18 November 2017 - 12:09 PM)

Oh yeah, that was a real masterpiece...

@  RedAuthar : (18 November 2017 - 11:02 AM)

Not really. He was in DOOM the Movie.

@  Shadow : (18 November 2017 - 03:12 AM)

The Rock has come far from his roots of being a PS2 CGI scorpion monster.

@  Shadow : (17 November 2017 - 08:54 PM)

aka the King Kong vs Godzilla prequel

@  RedAuthar : (17 November 2017 - 06:39 PM)

So...Rampage movie.

@  Uncle Ben : (17 November 2017 - 02:58 PM)

Wouldnt take long for Florida. It wouldbe at least 2 years max

@  Quickster : (17 November 2017 - 01:36 AM)

They are working on three Mario theme parks at Universal - one in Japan and two in the US. The Japan one will open in 2020. Don't know about the others.

@  Shadow : (16 November 2017 - 02:16 PM)

A Metroid ride would be great. Go through planet Zebes with Samus as your guide.

@  GamemasterAn... : (16 November 2017 - 07:38 AM)

I heard that as well.

@  Uncle Ben : (15 November 2017 - 07:59 PM)

I thought they were with Universal?

@  Shadow : (15 November 2017 - 05:32 PM)

I think its high time Nintendo opens up their own theme park based off all their franchise series.

@  Quickster : (14 November 2017 - 05:58 PM)

Speaking of movies, Nintendo and Universal are about to strike a deal to make a Mario movie.

@  Shadow : (13 November 2017 - 03:05 AM)

I know too much about movies.

@  Shadow : (13 November 2017 - 03:05 AM)

Just like how New Line axed a new Friday the 13th film this year being made because Rings bombed, so they figured it meant people weren't interested in horror movies and not the fact it sucked.

@  Shadow : (13 November 2017 - 03:04 AM)

Disney testing their brands if their was interest for sci fi films. But I guess after they got Star Wars all that crap went out the window for old IP's under them being revived.

@  RedAuthar : (12 November 2017 - 07:57 PM)

Honestly, why did they make a Tomorrowland movie?

@  Shadow : (11 November 2017 - 11:40 PM)

Well, not only was the second season cancelled despite it winning awards and having a huge fanbase but Disney up and went and axed Tron 3 because Tomorrowland bombed.

@  RedAuthar : (11 November 2017 - 10:53 PM)

I didn't watch Uprising, so I can't be bummed about it. Actually that's why I didn't watch it. So I wouldn't be bummed when the second season doesn't happen

Photo

Sonic Pr Announces End Of Partnership With Archie Comics

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 FUS News Robot

FUS News Robot

Extra! Extra!

• Newsbot
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:18 PM

It’s official. SEGA and Archie Comics are going their separate ways.

The official Sonic PR has announced this just moments ago. They do, however, say that “this does not mark the end of Sonic in comics”. What exactly that means is unknown, but one thing is for sure. The Sonic PR indicates that it was a move done by SEGA of America, a “decision to take a different direction for the series that will be announced at a later date”. Again, the exact meaning of this is unknown. We don’t know if this means the comics will shift publishers, if they’ll be toned down to being one-off issues, or what is going on.

Either way, it’s the end of an era.

Read the full story here

#2 Jon

Jon

Animator in Training

• Fellow FUSer
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:45 PM

Wow. Big news. Here's hoping some of the old writers and artists get a chance to work on the Blue Blur again!

#3 Robthe1st

Robthe1st

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:55 PM

Wow. Big news. Here's hoping some of the old writers and artists get a chance to work on the Blue Blur again!

I hope IGW Comics bought the rights from Sega! I hope. 

#4 Nightmus

Nightmus

Sally fan

• Fellow FUSer
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:46 PM

I'm afraid no matter who becomes the new publisher and whatever direction they intend to choose for the new comic, there will be no Freedom Fighters. Sega never showed any interest in them and even took SatAM premise for its newest Sonic Forces game, excluding the actual FF. Also it looks like an attempt to streamline the franchise and maybe even make a lead to their feature movie. My poor poor Sally.

#5 bwrosas

bwrosas

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 410 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:14 AM

I discuss Sega and Archie Comics ending their near 25 year partnership and where the Sonic Comics go from here. 

Overall, it was miscommunication on both Archie And Sega towards the freelance artists and writers and the fanbase

Comments are Welcomed

https://www.youtube....h?v=KSQ-dgZwnME

#6 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:19 PM

We better hope Archie Sonic gets a fan comic continuation like Fleetway Sonic.

#7 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:53 PM

I'm afraid no matter who becomes the new publisher and whatever direction they intend to choose for the new comic, there will be no Freedom Fighters. Sega never showed any interest in them and even took SatAM premise for its newest Sonic Forces game, excluding the actual FF. Also it looks like an attempt to streamline the franchise and maybe even make a lead to their feature movie. My poor poor Sally.

I wouldn't give up hope completely. IDW has a history of continuing the continuities of purchased licenses and utilizing beloved characters. SEGA may not particularly care for the FFs all that much, but they don't have a problem with them as long as their core cast is still the central focus.

Best case scenario: they'll do a soft reboot of the Archie continuity and continue where the comic last left off.

If not, I still don't think it's the end of the FFs. Having just been announced after the previous comic's cancellation, they'll probably just reuse the formerly-exclusive characters for an all new continuity. Afterall, they did say they want to "appeal to both older and newer fans."

#8 Nightmus

Nightmus

Sally fan

• Fellow FUSer
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:21 AM

I wouldn't give up hope completely. IDW has a history of continuing the continuities of purchased licenses and utilizing beloved characters. SEGA may not particularly care for the FFs all that much, but they don't have a problem with them as long as their core cast is still the central focus.

Best case scenario: they'll do a soft reboot of the Archie continuity and continue where the comic last left off.

If not, I still don't think it's the end of the FFs. Having just been announced after the previous comic's cancellation, they'll probably just reuse the formerly-exclusive characters for an all new continuity. Afterall, they did say they want to "appeal to both older and newer fans."

Glad to hear! Looking forward to their announcements as long as there's hope.

#9 Jon

Jon

Animator in Training

• Fellow FUSer
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:54 AM

As long as there's no canon Amy x Sonic. Can't stand that.

#10 Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben

The Bee's Knees, The Cat's Pajamas, The Whole Shebang

• Moderators
  • 13,205 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:12 PM

As long as there's no canon Amy x Sonic. Can't stand that.

Sega says that can't happen. It's been in place for a long time.

The occasional date seems to be okay (see Black Knight)

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he once put Helen Mirren in a dishwasher, and that at the Winter Olympics he was disqualified from the skeleton event for riding down the hill on an actual skeleton. All we know is he’s called the Stig!”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

#11 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:31 AM

I seriously hope you're right about that.

#12 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

I might or might not. That's still to be determined.

From what I can gather, IDW is well aware of the previous comic's continuity. If enough people voice their concerns and appreciation for the characters and setting, they just might consider continuing it.

It sounds like they'll start laying down specific plans in the autumn and early winter, so write to them to let them know.

#13 Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben

• Moderators
  • 13,205 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:31 PM

I might or might not. That's still to be determined.

From what I can gather, IDW is well aware of the previous comic's continuity. If enough people voice their concerns and appreciation for the characters and setting, they just might consider continuing it.

It sounds like they'll start laying down specific plans in the autumn and early winter, so write to them to let them know.

A lot of people on twitter have been asking IDW if the Freedom Fighters will carry over.

The people are speaking, question is if IDW listens.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he once put Helen Mirren in a dishwasher, and that at the Winter Olympics he was disqualified from the skeleton event for riding down the hill on an actual skeleton. All we know is he’s called the Stig!”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

#14 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:16 PM

A lot of people on twitter have been asking IDW if the Freedom Fighters will carry over.

I'm convinced that IDW wouldn't mind continuing it, considering all the other properties they've recovered from other publishers. The true question is whether or not SEGA would want it.

According to Ian, the Freedom Fighters just barely managed to make it into Archie's reboot since SEGA needed reassurance that the characters were indeed theirs following the lawsuit with Penders and that they were still relevant with the fanbase. The overall reception towards the reboot and the FF's new personas has been largely positive (depending on which side of the fanbase you ask), but that could still change.

But if they've been receiving that many requests by fans/readers, IDW has got to respond to it in some way. I mean, they've already shown interest in bringing Ian and the other former artists onboard, so who knows?

#15 Jon

Jon

Animator in Training

• Fellow FUSer
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:12 AM

I'd say that once the reboot found its legs, I ended up enjoying the characters a whole lot more than their original (Penders written) counterparts, and the conclusion to the Dark Gaia arc was really great. Wasn't too bothered about the (what is this, the third?) genesis arc being interrupted, but I love what they did specifically with Nicole and Sally's storylines.

#16 Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben

• Moderators
  • 13,205 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:36 PM

I'm convinced that IDW wouldn't mind continuing it, considering all the other properties they've recovered from other publishers. The true question is whether or not SEGA would want it.

According to Ian, the Freedom Fighters just barely managed to make it into Archie's reboot since SEGA needed reassurance that the characters were indeed theirs following the lawsuit with Penders and that they were still relevant with the fanbase. The overall reception towards the reboot and the FF's new personas has been largely positive (depending on which side of the fanbase you ask), but that could still change.

But if they've been receiving that many requests by fans/readers, IDW has got to respond to it in some way. I mean, they've already shown interest in bringing Ian and the other former artists onboard, so who knows?

Take a look on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit & (if you really want to go there) tumblr. They're still widely popular with the fans. I think they are still relevant if you look at the comments, tweets, posts, etc. Yeah there's some who dont like them and hey more power to them.

As for the FF's new persona's and all that- ehh. I've been okay with Sally (for the most part) and Bunnie but I haven't liked Rotor or Ant's new stuff. I guess I'm 50/50 on it.

#17 Jon

Jon

Animator in Training

• Fellow FUSer
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:27 AM

As for the FF's new persona's and all that- ehh. I've been okay with Sally (for the most part) and Bunnie but I haven't liked Rotor or Ant's new stuff. I guess I'm 50/50 on it.

For me, Ant's been one of my favourite character post-reboot. He's scared, yes, but he actually fights and he's actually quite lovable. Often pre-reboot he would come across as completely pathetic, to me. As for Rotor...he's always been in a weird position as a character in my eyes, but his stint as Tony Stark weapons fanatic pre-reboot was a great part of his arc, as well as the payoff when it bit him in the butt and caused him permanent impairment.

Of course, that was then used to more or less cut him out of most of the stories outside of the home base.  

#18 Vampfox

Vampfox

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 231 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:26 AM

Well I might not have liked the closer to the games "reboot" universe as much as the old universe I did like some of the new characters.

Thunderbolt: I like that Dr. Robotnik finally had a minion who actually liked working for him.
Phage: Had potential and felt like A.D.A.M. done right.
Breezie: A good take on an AOSTH character who was just originally a Jessica Rabbit wannabe. I'm sad that we'll never know if she was a robot or not.
Dr. Ellidy: His story was tragic. I was looking forward to seeing where his relationship with Nicole would have gone.
Cassia and Clove: Of all the reboot verse characters losing them really hurts. They were interesting character with great designs.

So even though I liked the old universe's characters better, I'm still going to miss the new universe's characters as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users