Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Uncle Ben : (22 October 2017 - 04:42 PM)

a dartboard?

@  RedAuthar : (22 October 2017 - 04:32 PM)

Yeah, uh where did the name Ashura actually come from?

@  GamemasterAn... : (22 October 2017 - 12:42 PM)

Plus they missed a golden opportunity with him. After all there was this certain glitch that appeared in the games, so they could've called him...oh, I don't know...ASHURA?!?

@  RedAuthar : (22 October 2017 - 12:04 PM)

It kinda backfired.

@  RedAuthar : (22 October 2017 - 12:03 PM)

That was what they attempted to do with Scourge, make him more Reverse-Sonic instead of Anti-Sonic.

@  RedAuthar : (22 October 2017 - 12:03 PM)

It's still the same concept. It's the hero character, only evil. An Anti-Version. And if done right it can be interesting.

@  Shadow : (22 October 2017 - 11:39 AM)

Well in the case of Reverse Flash it was less the case of an evil version of him and more of a twisted fanboy from the future who wanted to become him.

@  RedAuthar : (21 October 2017 - 10:28 PM)

I always blamed DC Comics and Flash.

@  Uncle Ben : (21 October 2017 - 07:50 PM)

Point there.

@  Shadow : (21 October 2017 - 05:08 PM)

The doppelganger really is a played out idea that Ken Penders ripped off from Star Trek TOS, with the whole mirror universe.

@  Uncle Ben : (21 October 2017 - 06:12 AM)

I like the concept of the "Anti doppelganger" but I kinda doubt they would bring back the concept in IDW.

@  Ryuji : (20 October 2017 - 06:03 PM)

I just want my Scourge xP

@  Uncle Ben : (20 October 2017 - 03:01 PM)

I would like to see someone try to do something with her. I think there's potential that never got used.

@  Shadow : (20 October 2017 - 02:13 PM)

Well I'm fine with her not returning. Nothing exactly anything noteworthy done to miss her.

@  Sandata : (18 October 2017 - 02:15 PM)

Nice One Ben

@  Quickster : (18 October 2017 - 08:52 AM)

Or maybe they should have officially announced her retirement within the comic. :P

@  RedAuthar : (17 October 2017 - 10:02 PM)

Or maybe, just maybe, It's Maybelline

@  Uncle Ben : (17 October 2017 - 06:52 PM)

Or maybe they could have gone to the Winchester, grabbed a pint, and waited for all this to blow over. :P

@  RedAuthar : (17 October 2017 - 05:52 PM)

Or they should have left the robot version and never touched the real one.

@  Shadow : (17 October 2017 - 05:52 PM)

you mean like with the whole Brotherhood, or the the off panel exile of all the echidnas by Thrash?

Photo

Abc Saturday Morning Preview Special From 1993

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 J.E.Smith

J.E.Smith

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:30 AM

Hey folks,

I remember many years ago in topics debating which episode of SatAM aired first, some mentioned Super Sonic and others mentioned Sonic Boom. I brought up that the night before SatAM premiered, they showed a Saturday Morning Preview special, and the first act from Super Sonic was shown, with them afterwards saying to watch tomorrow to find out what happens to Sonic. The special has finally shown up on YouTube. The Sonic portion begins at 7:14:

#2 Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben

The Bee's Knees, The Cat's Pajamas, The Whole Shebang

• Moderators
  • 13,190 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

Excellent find

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he once put Helen Mirren in a dishwasher, and that at the Winter Olympics he was disqualified from the skeleton event for riding down the hill on an actual skeleton. All we know is he’s called the Stig!”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

#3 Gojira007

Gojira007

Fellow FUSer

• Sea3on Writer
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:05 PM

Oh snap!  I've been looking for this baby for ages; it was how I was first exposed to SatAM way back in the day.  Thanks kindly for the find. 8D

"These hands of ours are BURNING RED! Their loud cry tells us..."
"To grasp happiness!"
"ERUPTING GOD FINGER!!! SEKI..."
"HA!"
"LOVE LOVE TENKYOKEN!!!"
-Domon Kasshu and Rain Mikamura, G-Gundam

#4 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 522 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

So Super Sonic was the first one aired?  Interesting.

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery_51493_212_294091.png

#5 Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben

The Bee's Knees, The Cat's Pajamas, The Whole Shebang

• Moderators
  • 13,190 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

So Super Sonic was the first one aired?  Interesting.

If I remember correctly, Season One aired in a weird order

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he once put Helen Mirren in a dishwasher, and that at the Winter Olympics he was disqualified from the skeleton event for riding down the hill on an actual skeleton. All we know is he’s called the Stig!”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

#6 RaginRonic

RaginRonic

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:17 AM

I always knew that Super Sonic aired first, because I saw it that Sept. 18, 1993 morning on ABC and I think ATV(my CTV affiliate at the time).

It'd be good if every ABC airing of the SatAM made it to YouTube, so the episode broadcast order could FINALLY be sorted out once and for all.

Also, it's interesting to hear the 1st version of the show's theme, and to see absolute evidence that it made it onto TV. For a long time, I thought that version was posted to this site, by the original owner Quexinos/Sonique/Nique, from an audio tape she found somewhere. Obviously, that was in error on my part, something I now confess to being mistaken about, and am happy that that theory is now debunked forever.

BTW, there was a period on ABC where the SatAM aired for 1 hour on that block as well, in that 1st season. I think it was done only when the 1st rotation of episodes had run it's course by the 1st Sat. of December of 1993.

In any event, it's REALLY awesome that that piece of Sonic history has now hit YouTube. Here's hoping a LOT more SatAM footage keeps getting uploaded there. =)

#7 PatrickButlerSatAM

PatrickButlerSatAM

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:37 PM

I always knew that Super Sonic aired first, because I saw it that Sept. 18, 1993 morning on ABC and I think ATV(my CTV affiliate at the time).

It'd be good if every ABC airing of the SatAM made it to YouTube, so the episode broadcast order could FINALLY be sorted out once and for all.

Also, it's interesting to hear the 1st version of the show's theme, and to see absolute evidence that it made it onto TV. For a long time, I thought that version was posted to this site, by the original owner Quexinos/Sonique/Nique, from an audio tape she found somewhere. Obviously, that was in error on my part, something I now confess to being mistaken about, and am happy that that theory is now debunked forever.

BTW, there was a period on ABC where the SatAM aired for 1 hour on that block as well, in that 1st season. I think it was done only when the 1st rotation of episodes had run it's course by the 1st Sat. of December of 1993.

In any event, it's REALLY awesome that that piece of Sonic history has now hit YouTube. Here's hoping a LOT more SatAM footage keeps getting uploaded there. =)

No, Super Sonic wasn't the first to air in every single area in the US. It depended on the area you lived it. Sonic Boom was the first episode I remember seeing in my area. I didn't watch Super Sonic until almost or around November of 1993. Game Guy was the first episode of Season Two in my area.

#8 PatrickButlerSatAM

PatrickButlerSatAM

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

The video is no longer up and I am very disappointed.

I was going to download it via Keepvid and do an edit to only include Sonic's preview and was going to upload it to YouTube. Now there is no way for me to do that thanks to the person that remove the entire video of the 1993 ABC preview on YouTube. I am not happy about it.

#9 PatrickButlerSatAM

PatrickButlerSatAM

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:17 PM

I found the old file of the preview and was able to edit and upload it to YouTube. I just put the link to it on this post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users