Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  MoKat : (26 February 2017 - 03:26 PM)

And here I was enjoying a nice, mild winter before that front blew through :P

@  MoKat : (26 February 2017 - 03:25 PM)

Definitely long-sleeve shirt weather here today >.<

@  Sandata : (24 February 2017 - 02:30 PM)

Ditto. I also wear long-sleeves all year though...

@  furrykef : (24 February 2017 - 12:04 AM)

I don't ever walk outside without my shirt, 'cause nobody wants to see that.

@  Ishapar : (20 February 2017 - 10:31 AM)

True...but I guess I never walked outside without my shirt during February.

@  RedAuthar : (19 February 2017 - 09:41 AM)

Not too weird. A lot of Sunburns happen when it is cold because people don't expect it.

@  Ishapar : (19 February 2017 - 05:00 AM)

I got sunburned the first time this year. In February! Weird...

@  Ishapar : (17 February 2017 - 06:20 AM)

That must have been a pain in the neck. Sorry to hear that.

@  Sandata : (17 February 2017 - 06:15 AM)

Yep. Wound up having wilted flowers delivered to my Mrs. Very poor form ProFlowers...

@  Ishapar : (17 February 2017 - 05:55 AM)

Yeah, at least that holiday's over.

@  Uncle Ben : (13 February 2017 - 04:54 PM)

I'll admit it eats away at me

@  Ishapar : (13 February 2017 - 12:16 PM)

Pfft....major humbug to valentines...staying single.

@  Sandata : (13 February 2017 - 03:44 AM)

Then you get to save your money. It's a win-win!

@  Uncle Ben : (12 February 2017 - 08:20 PM)

Or if she's already taken...

@  RedAuthar : (12 February 2017 - 03:09 PM)

What if I haven't met her yet?

@  Sandata : (12 February 2017 - 09:46 AM)

Attention procrastinators! 2 days until Valentine's! Buy her something already!

@  Ishapar : (09 February 2017 - 03:17 PM)

Bring on the snow!

@  Ishapar : (20 January 2017 - 05:04 PM)

You're good, Red.

@  RedAuthar : (18 January 2017 - 11:14 PM)

New Avatar for the start of the year.....Only half a month late....

@  furrykef : (30 December 2016 - 09:16 AM)

This analogy gets a little muddled because game designers in the indie scene usually take on other tasks like programming. But they're still considered separate jobs.

Photo

Adapting Sonic Adventure In Satam

Sonic Adventure SA SatAM

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 6 days ago

But wouldn't Snively's presence be a problem for them?

Depends. When would take place in the timeline?  How much of a threat was Snively?  What would have ol "Red Eyes" done?  Since the third season never happened we don't actually know how much of an effect Snively would have had on Mobius.  And even if he was, would he be defeated during the Adventure arc?  There's not good answer for this question so I've been function on the belief that Adventure would be Season 4ish and Season 3 would be over at this point in time.

My take was that had SatAM been revived to coincide with SA1's release as was originally intended, Hurst might've used the opportunity to continue the story where it left off. Thus Snively would've been the reigning villain like in the show's ending.

The red-eyed anomaly is still a mystery, though. Hurst might've claimed it was Naugus, but I can't help but be a little speculative about that. Not only do the eyes resemble that of Sonic's rather than Naugus', but the whole mystery ending seems unnecessary since we've already been introduced to Naugus earlier in the series. Had the cliffhanger been resolved, it wouldn't have been much of a surprise reveal if Naugus was the character behind Snively all along.

If it did turn out to be Naugus, I could picture him telling Snively about Chaos' imprisonment within the Master Emerald and how to release him. Who knows? Maybe Naugus was the enemy the ancient Echidnas were battling long ago and that he survived into the "modern-day" to finish what he started.

Had the show gone on to adapt SA2 as well, I can imagine the space colony ARK tieing directly into Hurst's original plans for Robotnik originating from a space station.

Who knows? Maybe the ARK was the reason why the animals of Earth survived and evolved into the Mobians, and project Shadow was the indirect ancestor to Sonic. But that's a whole other can of worms.

Maybe to soon to open that can of worms but...
You could use Ark, or the battle of Ark as the excuse why there are no more Humans.  Maybe Robotnik and Snively are the only survivors?

Another great idea. After all, there has to be a reason why it's called the "ARK".

#22 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,237 posts

Posted 5 days ago

Shadow has a couple possibilities.  He could be just another Hedgehog.  Since his speed is provided mostly by his shoes, there's really nothing wrong saying he's just another hedgehog who happens to face off against Sonic.  Though this would bring questions about people mistaking him for Sonic but that was shakey at best anyways. 

Alternatively Shadow could be created by Robotnik/Snively.  BioLizard is a created being, Shadow could be too.  Again though this would feel a bit out of norm for Robotnik/Snively, but not so much for Naugus if Shadow was Magically created.

Lastly Shadow could be related to Sonic either being an Ancestor frozen like in the games, or even a distant relative.  

#23 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 4 days ago

One idea I concocted in my head had Shadow being released from his cryogenic sleep by Snively following his uncle's defeat at the end of season two. Having run out of options, Snively listens to Shadow's advice and resorts to collecting the legendary chaos emeralds in hopes of releasing Chaos from his imprisonment and wiping out the Great Forest once and for all. But Shadow is secretly hiding a darker agenda.

Not only does it explain the mysterious glowing eyes behind Snively, but it allows Shadow to play a larger role as the secret villain. He's the true brain behind the whole operation and it's all building up to the eventual SA2 adaption. He is also the one sparking Sonic's rivalry with Knuckles, with the guardian mistaking him for the blue hedgehog when he shatters the Master Emerald to free Chaos.

Granted, this idea would not work chronologically-speaking since Hurst's original plans for a SatAM revival would've been made prior to SA2's production, but it's still an interesting idea nonetheless.

#24 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,237 posts

Posted 3 days ago

It would work. Shadow could play a larger role, Knuckles and Sonic's rivalry would be founded on more than butting heads, and it connects the two Adventure Game Storylines.

The only issue is Shadow himself. Why do people mistake him for Sonic?

#25 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,237 posts

Posted 3 days ago

In the games it just kinda happens. Despite the color and quills, but that's shaky at best. In Sonic X it was intentional, they wanted people to think it was Sonic.

So why here?

#26 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 3 days ago

Hmm. Good point.

But since the scene in which the Master Emerald is shattered takes place at night, Knuckles might not have been able to see Shadow entirely; knowing only that the culprit was a hedgehog. This is confirmed when he is later rescued by Snively after the island falls. Snively tricks him into thinking it was Sonic trying to steal the emerald for the Freedom Fighters' revolution, which sets Knuckles on the warpath to rebuild the Master Emerald. What Knuckles doesn't know is that Snively is secretly using some Master Emerald shards to power his new flying fortress, the Death Egg.

Since SatAM never got around to adapting S3&K, I figured I'd insert elements from the game into the SA1 adaptation. The same thing could also apply with "Sonic CD", with Metal Sonic replacing Zero as he kidnaps and later persues Amy Rose.

And while we're at it, I could also throw in "3D Blast" with the Flicky bird Amy finds wanting to return home to its family - which is revealed to be the Void, allowing the Freedom Fighters to attempt another reascue mission for the king.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sonic, Adventure, SA, SatAM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users