Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Ishapar : (23 May 2017 - 02:19 PM)

Ballistic NG?

@  RocketBoiArch : (19 May 2017 - 02:23 PM)

Anyone interested in Putting Nicole into BallisticNG?

@  Sandata : (18 May 2017 - 02:39 AM)

I stand corrected. It'll be "soon" then.

@  furrykef : (17 May 2017 - 10:17 PM)

Nah, the remastered version ain't out yet.

@  Uncle Ben : (15 May 2017 - 05:58 PM)

I know, been meaning to get it

@  Sandata : (14 May 2017 - 02:36 PM)

The original Starcraft has been rereleased with a full remaster and it's free. Just FYI

@  Uncle Ben : (12 May 2017 - 02:11 PM)

Hell, I trashed the family computer by playing RuneScape (or so I was told as a 13 year old)

@  Uncle Ben : (12 May 2017 - 02:10 PM)

I never had a PC that could have handled it until recently.

@  Ishapar : (12 May 2017 - 11:54 AM)

AOE is the most I have done with RTS games.

@  GamemasterAn... : (12 May 2017 - 06:58 AM)

I don't touch RTS games myself. Too much micromanaging for my tastes.

@  chief : (11 May 2017 - 08:32 PM)

..yyou never played starcraft?

@  Uncle Ben : (11 May 2017 - 04:09 PM)

For the record I never played StarCraft. I just know about "YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS" meme

@  Sandata : (10 May 2017 - 02:53 PM)

We require more minerals!

@  GamemasterAn... : (10 May 2017 - 06:50 AM)

Pile on the pylons!

@  Uncle Ben : (09 May 2017 - 05:37 PM)

WE MUST BUILD ADDITIONAL PYLONS

@  Shadow : (09 May 2017 - 04:42 PM)

Seems to happen once every month.

@  furrykef : (09 May 2017 - 02:38 PM)

*gone down lately

@  furrykef : (09 May 2017 - 02:37 PM)

Well, the server hasn't gone lately, nor have I seen it running insufferably slow. Looks like I fixed it!

@  Shadow : (08 May 2017 - 09:23 AM)

I also recommend Phantasm.

@  Shadow : (08 May 2017 - 09:23 AM)

Oooh, if she loves horror make sure to introduce her to the 1980's The Thing.

Photo

Adapting Sonic Adventure In Satam

Sonic Adventure SA SatAM

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:31 PM

But wouldn't Snively's presence be a problem for them?

Depends. When would take place in the timeline?  How much of a threat was Snively?  What would have ol "Red Eyes" done?  Since the third season never happened we don't actually know how much of an effect Snively would have had on Mobius.  And even if he was, would he be defeated during the Adventure arc?  There's not good answer for this question so I've been function on the belief that Adventure would be Season 4ish and Season 3 would be over at this point in time.

My take was that had SatAM been revived to coincide with SA1's release as was originally intended, Hurst might've used the opportunity to continue the story where it left off. Thus Snively would've been the reigning villain like in the show's ending.

The red-eyed anomaly is still a mystery, though. Hurst might've claimed it was Naugus, but I can't help but be a little speculative about that. Not only do the eyes resemble that of Sonic's rather than Naugus', but the whole mystery ending seems unnecessary since we've already been introduced to Naugus earlier in the series. Had the cliffhanger been resolved, it wouldn't have been much of a surprise reveal if Naugus was the character behind Snively all along.

If it did turn out to be Naugus, I could picture him telling Snively about Chaos' imprisonment within the Master Emerald and how to release him. Who knows? Maybe Naugus was the enemy the ancient Echidnas were battling long ago and that he survived into the "modern-day" to finish what he started.

Had the show gone on to adapt SA2 as well, I can imagine the space colony ARK tieing directly into Hurst's original plans for Robotnik originating from a space station.

Who knows? Maybe the ARK was the reason why the animals of Earth survived and evolved into the Mobians, and project Shadow was the indirect ancestor to Sonic. But that's a whole other can of worms.

Maybe to soon to open that can of worms but...
You could use Ark, or the battle of Ark as the excuse why there are no more Humans.  Maybe Robotnik and Snively are the only survivors?

Another great idea. After all, there has to be a reason why it's called the "ARK".

#22 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,282 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:47 PM

Shadow has a couple possibilities.  He could be just another Hedgehog.  Since his speed is provided mostly by his shoes, there's really nothing wrong saying he's just another hedgehog who happens to face off against Sonic.  Though this would bring questions about people mistaking him for Sonic but that was shakey at best anyways. 

Alternatively Shadow could be created by Robotnik/Snively.  BioLizard is a created being, Shadow could be too.  Again though this would feel a bit out of norm for Robotnik/Snively, but not so much for Naugus if Shadow was Magically created.

Lastly Shadow could be related to Sonic either being an Ancestor frozen like in the games, or even a distant relative.  

#23 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:15 PM

One idea I concocted in my head had Shadow being released from his cryogenic sleep by Snively following his uncle's defeat at the end of season two. Having run out of options, Snively listens to Shadow's advice and resorts to collecting the legendary chaos emeralds in hopes of releasing Chaos from his imprisonment and wiping out the Great Forest once and for all. But Shadow is secretly hiding a darker agenda.

Not only does it explain the mysterious glowing eyes behind Snively, but it allows Shadow to play a larger role as the secret villain. He's the true brain behind the whole operation and it's all building up to the eventual SA2 adaption. He is also the one sparking Sonic's rivalry with Knuckles, with the guardian mistaking him for the blue hedgehog when he shatters the Master Emerald to free Chaos.

Granted, this idea would not work chronologically-speaking since Hurst's original plans for a SatAM revival would've been made prior to SA2's production, but it's still an interesting idea nonetheless.

#24 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,282 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:06 AM

It would work. Shadow could play a larger role, Knuckles and Sonic's rivalry would be founded on more than butting heads, and it connects the two Adventure Game Storylines.

The only issue is Shadow himself. Why do people mistake him for Sonic?

#25 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,282 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:01 AM

In the games it just kinda happens. Despite the color and quills, but that's shaky at best. In Sonic X it was intentional, they wanted people to think it was Sonic.

So why here?

#26 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:15 AM

Hmm. Good point.

But since the scene in which the Master Emerald is shattered takes place at night, Knuckles might not have been able to see Shadow entirely; knowing only that the culprit was a hedgehog. This is confirmed when he is later rescued by Snively after the island falls. Snively tricks him into thinking it was Sonic trying to steal the emerald for the Freedom Fighters' revolution, which sets Knuckles on the warpath to rebuild the Master Emerald. What Knuckles doesn't know is that Snively is secretly using some Master Emerald shards to power his new flying fortress, the Death Egg.

Since SatAM never got around to adapting S3&K, I figured I'd insert elements from the game into the SA1 adaptation. The same thing could also apply with "Sonic CD", with Metal Sonic replacing Zero as he kidnaps and later persues Amy Rose.

And while we're at it, I could also throw in "3D Blast" with the Flicky bird Amy finds wanting to return home to its family - which is revealed to be the Void, allowing the Freedom Fighters to attempt another reascue mission for the king.

#27 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,282 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:14 PM

I have a reply...but I started watching through SatAM at lunch at work so I'm tweaking it episodes propose new questions and answer others.  

#28 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,282 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:04 PM

Let’s say that the whole “what Season 3 could/would’ve been” doesn’t affect this idea so we can ignore the Naugus thing, as Naugus left off on good terms with the Freedom Fighters so we have no reason to expect him to be evil.  

So here’s how I see it:  [Insert Clue Music and Tim Curry for Narration]

Shadow is the glowing eyes at the end of Season 2.  Sometime just before Doomsday, Snively discovered a pod containing Shadow who promises Snively the chance to have Robotnik’s power and more.  Snively agrees, and after the events of Doomsday gets Robotnik’s position as Rule of Robotropolis, though due to the Great Power Stones, there’s not much to rule.  Shadow offers a power that overshadows the Great Power Stones, the Power of Chaos.  Again Snively agrees.  
Shadow then travels to the “Floating Island and Steals the Master Emerald.  Knuckles only seeing it as a Hedgehog with great speed gives chase and ends up mistaking Sonic for Shadow, causing the two to fight.  Using this to their advantage, Snively constructs a Robot Sonic (Metal) to distract Knuckles and a Robot Robotnik (Egg Robo) to distract the Freedom Fighters, while they head off to track down Lazaar’s Computer as they need it to extract the Chaos from the Master Emerald.  The Robot Sonic is proven to be too good however, as it starts to develop pride and attitude like the real deal and begins to think it’s better than the real Sonic. 
Sonic and Co are fighting off Robot Robotnik thinking he’s the real deal at first, however his tactics are much more….pathetic, as he’s really only a glorified SWATbot.  But the main issue they have with beating him is that Knuckles keeps interfering trying to defeat Sonic.  Finally the Robot Sonic interferes intending to beat Sonic, proving he’s the better hedgehog but is defeated by the combined forces of Sonic and Knuckles.  This allows the Freedom Fighters the grounds they need to beat Robot Robotnik, discovering he too is nothing but a fake.  After defeating him they find out Snively had created them as a distraction to hide his true purpose of finding Lazaar’s computer, which they find out is on an island not too far from the Main Lands (Flicky Island).  
During this Story arc, Amy can be introduced as a new Freedom Fighter who has a hero worship of Sonic.  Though she’ll play only a minor role for the time being.  
Meanwhile Snively and Shadow find Lazaar and his guardian and using Shadow’s abilities defeat the duo.  Lazaar is disposed of into the Void and they use his computer to drain the Master Emerald’s Power.  The “good” energy of the Master Emerald is absorbed by the local wildlife while the “chaos” energy takes the form of chaos 0.  However Chaos is mere fraction of his supposed power and Snively must track down mystical artifacts such as the Great Power Stones and the Time Stones to bring Chaos to full power.  So he starts collecting the local wildlife (Flicky’s and the like) to use a power sources for his robots to find the other artifacts.  
Sonic and Co, now being accompanied by Knuckles who believes Metal was the hedgehog who stole the Master Emerald, travel to the island to stop Snively, however by the time they arrive Snively is already gone.  They do however destroy his base there and free the local wildlife from his harvesters.  
While the Freedom Fighters are gone, Snively and Chaos find various power sources to fuel the creature’s appatite, including the Lower Mobius’s crystal and half of the rock….thing that makes Power rings.  Snively also has captured quite a few of the powered creatures and harnessing that power has rebuilt Robotropolis back to full power.  
When Chaos absorbs the half of the ...rock that makes power rings that Griff has, he is able to track the one in Knothole.  Sonic and Co arrive just in time to fight Chaos but he has become too powerful for them to defeat.  Snively takes their half of the rock that makes power rings (I know it had a name but I forgot) and take it back to Robotropolis.  He intends to use it to create power rings for himself.  
However, Chaos betrays him and absorbs the stone as well.  Sonic and Sally are forced to used the Great Power Stones once again to stop him.  
As this goes on, a subplot with the freedom Fighters plays out.  Amy discovers the creatures being used to power Snively’s machines.  Using her knowledge of mystic arts…

...no really.  This is legitimately something she has in the game canon.  She just never really uses it. 

….she and some of the Freedom Fighters face off against the Robots being powered by the animals.  Here they’ll befriend Gamma and defeat Zero.  Upon releasing all the animals, the power forms to create the spirit of Tikal, an ancestor of Knuckles and friend of Chaos.  
Sonic and Sally defeat Chaos, saving Robotropolis and with Tikal’s help Chaos’s power is restored to the Master Emerald.  
However unlike the final battle against Doomsday, Sonic and Sally had to actually Fight Chaos, so rather than being left empowered, they’re left tired.  Shadow uses this opportunity to steal the Great Power Stones, which he plans to use to power the Arc Laser.  He reveals he used Snively to gain access to the stones so he could destroy mobius….

To be Continued.  

#29 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:55 AM

0mKXcg1.gif

#30 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,282 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:29 AM

Thank you, Thank you, I'll be here all week. 

624.gif

#31 Arekkisu

Arekkisu

The Pymann

• Game Staff
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:05 PM

This is why Red writes stuff.

But like, why is Tikal formed, and what does she do? I mean I guess she's important to Chaos's backstory, but is she necessary when Chaos was adjusted to fit in the story? Especially since Sonic and Sally just fight Chaos anyway and don't utilize her relation with Chaos in the first place?

FIdYUMh.png

J6GqqRM.jpg

#32 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:00 AM

RedAuthar's retelling is pretty vague when it comes to minute details. But for the sake of consistency, I'll assume Tikal's role in the adaptation is pretty much similar to her role in SA1.

If I'm wrong about that, you're welcome to correct me.

#33 Arekkisu

Arekkisu

The Pymann

• Game Staff
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

I guess I missed the where he said that the Tikal helps seal away Chaos back into Master Emerald

FIdYUMh.png

J6GqqRM.jpg

#34 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,282 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

RedAuthar's retelling is pretty vague when it comes to minute details. But for the sake of consistency, I'll assume Tikal's role in the adaptation is pretty much similar to her role in SA1.

If I'm wrong about that, you're welcome to correct me.

No pretty much spot on. The idea was to connect the Flickys and Sonic 3D Blast into the Adventure Story. So Tikal's good energy/power escapes into the woodland creatures when Shadow and Snively extract chaos's power from the Master Emerald. Not until Amy and essentially show "Team B" rescue those animals does it reveal Tikal.

#35 ShenFNWoo

ShenFNWoo

Order of Swords Final Boss

• Fellow FUSer
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:42 AM

Oh man, been a while.  Glad to see everything's moving along. 

This is a topic that I delved upon many times as I worked on Sonic Quantum, and I've managed to incorporate SA into Satam myself, albeit it wasn't easy, and many of the original content from the games had to be scrapped to provide a better feel and transition.

As for Satam incorporating SA elements into Satam.....  untouched?  Absolutely not.  The characters introduced would have their origins totally retooled, due to missing and or completely altered world designs that are incompatible with the source material.  For example, SA seemed to have or imply that human civilization was prevailent.  Besides the two villains, and some npcs, there doesn't appear to be much hinting at any currently existing human societies at all - but then agian, my memory isn't the greatest in regards to the show. 

Who knows whether the implementation of SA content would even be accepted by the masses at that point. 

My art:  http://shen-fn-woo.deviantart.com/

http://www.furaffini.../shenfuckinwoo/

Advertising the community "The Free Scrubs of Mobius".  Free of everything valuable, including humor.  Let them help you with your personal online conflicts, while ignoring your IRL struggles.  Participating in such honest activities as trying to undermine another community's right to govern their site by stealing their users.  Their banner:  http://orig08.devian...woo-db57bnk.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sonic, Adventure, SA, SatAM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users