Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Shadow : (19 November 2017 - 05:32 PM)

You know what Stephen King movie would make for a good remake? Storm of the Century.

@  RedAuthar : (18 November 2017 - 11:09 PM)

Exactly.

@  Shadow : (18 November 2017 - 12:09 PM)

Oh yeah, that was a real masterpiece...

@  RedAuthar : (18 November 2017 - 11:02 AM)

Not really. He was in DOOM the Movie.

@  Shadow : (18 November 2017 - 03:12 AM)

The Rock has come far from his roots of being a PS2 CGI scorpion monster.

@  Shadow : (17 November 2017 - 08:54 PM)

aka the King Kong vs Godzilla prequel

@  RedAuthar : (17 November 2017 - 06:39 PM)

So...Rampage movie.

@  Uncle Ben : (17 November 2017 - 02:58 PM)

Wouldnt take long for Florida. It wouldbe at least 2 years max

@  Quickster : (17 November 2017 - 01:36 AM)

They are working on three Mario theme parks at Universal - one in Japan and two in the US. The Japan one will open in 2020. Don't know about the others.

@  Shadow : (16 November 2017 - 02:16 PM)

A Metroid ride would be great. Go through planet Zebes with Samus as your guide.

@  GamemasterAn... : (16 November 2017 - 07:38 AM)

I heard that as well.

@  Uncle Ben : (15 November 2017 - 07:59 PM)

I thought they were with Universal?

@  Shadow : (15 November 2017 - 05:32 PM)

I think its high time Nintendo opens up their own theme park based off all their franchise series.

@  Quickster : (14 November 2017 - 05:58 PM)

Speaking of movies, Nintendo and Universal are about to strike a deal to make a Mario movie.

@  Shadow : (13 November 2017 - 03:05 AM)

I know too much about movies.

@  Shadow : (13 November 2017 - 03:05 AM)

Just like how New Line axed a new Friday the 13th film this year being made because Rings bombed, so they figured it meant people weren't interested in horror movies and not the fact it sucked.

@  Shadow : (13 November 2017 - 03:04 AM)

Disney testing their brands if their was interest for sci fi films. But I guess after they got Star Wars all that crap went out the window for old IP's under them being revived.

@  RedAuthar : (12 November 2017 - 07:57 PM)

Honestly, why did they make a Tomorrowland movie?

@  Shadow : (11 November 2017 - 11:40 PM)

Well, not only was the second season cancelled despite it winning awards and having a huge fanbase but Disney up and went and axed Tron 3 because Tomorrowland bombed.

@  RedAuthar : (11 November 2017 - 10:53 PM)

I didn't watch Uprising, so I can't be bummed about it. Actually that's why I didn't watch it. So I wouldn't be bummed when the second season doesn't happen

Photo

Save The Sonic Comics!

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:14 PM

Im now just going to wait and see if Sega and another comic publisher make a deal.     The whole Archie/Penders thing could be a pain here. Because whatever contract was written with him was obviously bad for Sega and Archie.  As we all know.

So perhaps Sega may try finding a different publisher?   Or...Just end it completely.   I mean Sega has downsized staff all over.  I know a few people we originally had contacts for 4 years ago were let go shortly after making those contacts.   So...Ehhhh We shall see. 

Another publisher could end up taking this on...And I really hope so.   

#42 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:22 PM

I think this is the end for all Archie related comics and characters of Sonic. If a new comic springs up with another company it will most likely be a fresh slate with none of the original characters transitioned over, much of how Fleetway stayed contained in its bubble. Let us not forget how Archie cancelled Megaman and their were no attempts to outsource it to another licensed company.

#43 Jon

Jon

Animator in Training

• Fellow FUSer
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:34 PM

We can only hope the new company finds it in their hearts to add the Freedom Fighters and SatAM cast...

Unfortunately it's not the right time for it, like it was for when the comic originally started. Now the only show that would run close to its starting is Sonic Boom, and that's hardly rife for a lot of drama.

One good thing that we can look forward to is no Ken Penders ever again in Sonic. (Though his new Lein-da really gives me nightmares)

#44 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:02 PM

Unfortunately they will probably be seen as too much of a risk for most companies to invest a property into.

They say that the safest airline is the one that just had a crash, 'cause you can be damn sure they're not interested in having another one. So I doubt they seem any riskier than before.

#45 DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain

• Fellow FUSer
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:54 AM

Such a bummer. :(

"You're watching a poster!"

#46 Nightmus

Nightmus

Sally fan

• Fellow FUSer
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:03 PM

I don't think a new publisher will have much say in anything as Sega will definitely outline each and every direction the new comic has to follow. Also Sega has never shown interest in Freedom Fighters and SatAM continuity. They aknowledge the premise is strong as they basically used it for Sonic Forces, but the actual Freedom Fighters are left out. They haven't even tried to include them on some level. There's a custom OC character you can create, but you can't make anyone even remotely resembling Sally, Bunnie or others. Not even with a design of a Sonic Boom extra.

#47 Jon

Jon

Animator in Training

• Fellow FUSer
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:23 PM

You never know...Sonic Mania was essentially made by fans, so if the fans fight hard enough, the FF could make their return!

#48 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:54 AM

Their isn't enough demand to see the characters due to the baggage the comics have put them through.

#49 Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben

The Bee's Knees, The Cat's Pajamas, The Whole Shebang

• Moderators
  • 13,205 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

That and Ian said he doesnt think they will carry over

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he once put Helen Mirren in a dishwasher, and that at the Winter Olympics he was disqualified from the skeleton event for riding down the hill on an actual skeleton. All we know is he’s called the Stig!”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

#50 Nightmus

Nightmus

Sally fan

• Fellow FUSer
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

Sonic Mania didn't require as much resources to make and it tries to be in line with the original trilogy (SK mostly), which is universally praised, so there isn't much risk involved. They just wanted to release more modern-looking stuff, so if Sonic 4 was better received, there wouldn't be Mania.

Freedom Fighters on the other hand are controvesial as they aren't present in main canon. Many people don't know about them, some even hate them, Sally at least. Plus it conflicts with Sega's main somewhat shipping couple, Sonamy. While SatAM has a good reputation and is mostly praised, it also has a lot of baggage after years of comics.

So I don't really see Sega exploring FF any time soon. Maybe after some kind of SatAM reboot, which starts over and reestablishes characters.

Sally was the best Sonic franchise had to offer. I hope to see her again someday.

#51 Prime

Prime

Shuffle up the Wildcards! And deal 'em!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 521 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

Been announced that IDW Publishing has picked up the rights to Sonic The Hedgehog and will commence publishing in 2018.

http://www.cbr.com/s...e-sonic-comics/

'Star Wars' is my story, just like my house is my house. So if I wanna paint my house green, even if everyone else thinks it should be red, guess what? I'm gonna paint it Jar Jar! - George Lucas

"The Devil Inside is the new scam from director William Something Something. The movie stars actors and was edited on a computer. Somewhere. This movie is the latest film in a series of very low budget films designed to look like real movies! And be released in theaters to make a quick buck via a horribly off kilter budget to profit ratio that the general public seem to be stupidly unaware of! These films use to be called 'direct to video' but now they are called 'first run features'. These films then vanish from the theaters, like a rapist leaving the scene of a crime." - Mike Stoklasa of RedLetterMedia

#52 Jon

Jon

Animator in Training

• Fellow FUSer
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:48 PM

With this pickup, I'm cautiously optimistic.

#53 DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain

• Fellow FUSer
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:57 PM

Good. At least we have a new publisher.

"You're watching a poster!"

#54 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,381 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:33 PM

That was fast

#55 Prime

Prime

Shuffle up the Wildcards! And deal 'em!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 521 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:56 PM

That was fast

Gotta go fast.

More likely that this has been planned for a long while now and Sega decided to hold off announcing it till San DIago Comic Con.

'Star Wars' is my story, just like my house is my house. So if I wanna paint my house green, even if everyone else thinks it should be red, guess what? I'm gonna paint it Jar Jar! - George Lucas

"The Devil Inside is the new scam from director William Something Something. The movie stars actors and was edited on a computer. Somewhere. This movie is the latest film in a series of very low budget films designed to look like real movies! And be released in theaters to make a quick buck via a horribly off kilter budget to profit ratio that the general public seem to be stupidly unaware of! These films use to be called 'direct to video' but now they are called 'first run features'. These films then vanish from the theaters, like a rapist leaving the scene of a crime." - Mike Stoklasa of RedLetterMedia

#56 Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben

• Moderators
  • 13,205 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:10 PM

That was fast

Gotta go fast.

More likely that this has been planned for a long while now and Sega decided to hold off announcing it till San DIago Comic Con.

Probably Sega had IDW in the background as a back up.

Rumor is that Archie wants to finish final arcs + Mega Drive

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he once put Helen Mirren in a dishwasher, and that at the Winter Olympics he was disqualified from the skeleton event for riding down the hill on an actual skeleton. All we know is he’s called the Stig!”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

#57 Jon

Jon

Animator in Training

• Fellow FUSer
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:20 PM

I would be happy even if it were just one mega (drive) issue just to get all of it done and put away. 

#58 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:25 PM

I'd want to see Archie publish the last of the issues they completed with Megadrive and start pumping out trade paperbacks, but I don't think they're gonna.

#59 PatrickButlerSatAM

PatrickButlerSatAM

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

I'd want to see Archie publish the last of the issues they completed with Megadrive and start pumping out trade paperbacks, but I don't think they're gonna.

There not going to publish the final issues from 291 to 294 because Archie dropped the ball when it comes to the Sonic The Hedgehog comic. Archie is mostly focused on the Archie franchise and Riverdale for 2017 with the exception of Marvel. I am not too happy with Archie and I have banned anything Archie that is being released this year and beyond.

#60 Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben

• Moderators
  • 13,205 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:37 PM

I'm starting to think that's what the "in talks" part was still about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users