Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Sandata : (19 June 2017 - 07:36 PM)

Body's exhausted, but my mind is running 100mph...which is still slower than Sonic.

@  chief : (17 June 2017 - 09:17 PM)

very true

@  Uncle Ben : (17 June 2017 - 07:40 PM)

Just remember you guys had every right to win that series statistically but just couldnt solve Double T

@  chief : (17 June 2017 - 12:47 PM)

yep

@  Uncle Ben : (16 June 2017 - 08:18 PM)

2011?

@  chief : (16 June 2017 - 08:09 PM)

Hell I prefer Boston over Pittsburgh...And..Yeah you know how much I like Boston

@  chief : (16 June 2017 - 08:08 PM)

Very much so

@  chief : (16 June 2017 - 08:08 PM)

I hate Pittsburgh as well Ben

@  Uncle Ben : (16 June 2017 - 06:49 PM)

Site has been a bit unstable recently kef. Lost connection for a bit yesterday

@  Shadow : (12 June 2017 - 05:42 AM)

Home of Videodrome.

@  Uncle Ben : (11 June 2017 - 07:08 PM)

Chief I hate Pittsburgh

@  Uncle Ben : (10 June 2017 - 07:35 PM)

Also, Bubsy is back.... for some reason.

@  Uncle Ben : (10 June 2017 - 07:26 PM)

Indeed. He also did a lot of voice work in recent years. There's gonna be a huge void to fill.

@  Shadow : (10 June 2017 - 04:45 PM)

A full and successful one.

@  Uncle Ben : (10 June 2017 - 12:46 PM)

88. Man lived a full life.

@  Shadow : (10 June 2017 - 11:37 AM)

Well, today we lost Batman. R.I.P. Adam West.

@  ShenFNWoo : (07 June 2017 - 03:05 PM)

Now thing is, what are you going to do with it?

@  Uncle Ben : (06 June 2017 - 05:19 PM)

I'm just happy for Gold/Silver being on the VC

@  Sandata : (06 June 2017 - 02:13 PM)

We talking a pokemon or the real deal? Grats on either if you're happy with it.

@  Ishapar : (04 June 2017 - 01:21 PM)

I caught my first snapping turtle today! Sweet!

Photo

Your Satam

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,368 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:14 AM

Yeah, but too many execs think kids are stupid and won't notice low quality. They do. I'm sure by the time I was 10, I knew the difference between a Road Runner cartoon directed by Chuck Jones and one directed by Rudy Larriva. I didn't consider Larriva's shorts as unwatchable then as I do now, but I definitely knew something was off.

#42 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 11:36 AM

Yeah, but too many execs think kids are stupid and won't notice low quality. They do. I'm sure by the time I was 10, I knew the difference between a Road Runner cartoon directed by Chuck Jones and one directed by Rudy Larriva. I didn't consider Larriva's shorts as unwatchable then as I do now, but I definitely knew something was off.

It may not be something a kid can put into words, but you're right about feeling like something's off. I think kids are more likely to just shrug and watch on anyways.

#43 Koreth

Koreth

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

At the risk of being chided for necroposting upon my return, I'll throw my hat into the ring here.

I would have made the series longer. I'll explain a little.

Let's take the premise of the show still being cancelled after "Doomsday". In this scenario in my fantasy here, "Doomsday" is the season 3 finale, not the season 2 finale. The season 2 finale was "Blast to the Past Part 1", and "Blast to the Past Part 2" was the season 3 premier. This effectively gives a half-season of room to both seasons 2 and 3 to further develop the plot, and both the complaints voiced legitimately voiced upthread, such as characterization and humour.

I would have also kept some of the darker tone from the 1st season, as well as the incidental music. The season 1 music really helped set the mood, cheery and hopeful in the forest, brooding and menacing within the city, dramatic and grand when Sonic was being badass, and so on. The season 2 music just doesn't feel as memorable in comparison.

Addressing the characterization, first let's do something with the redshirts. I'd have liked to have seen more extras in frame in various scenes, like they were in "Sonic & Sally" and "Heads or Tails". Maybe a few of them could have speaking roles, like Cat did, some of them could have been mute, but doing something relevant or important in that scene (piloting a stolen hover unit, dropping ropes to provide an escape route, etc). And finally, I would have liked this cast of extras to be more consistent than not. Imagine if we'd seen Cat in a few episodes before and had a chance start to bond with him, or the redshirts from BTTP pt1 had been seen for some episodes doing genuinely useful things. In that case, the loss of Cat and the redshirts both would have been much more acutely felt. Next, have that extras cast gradually tick down over the course of the show, with captures both implicit and explicit, until almost none are left come "Doomsday". Finally, as a bonus, you could have the various captured and roboticized extras continuing to show up in an extra role as worker bots in the various scenes in Robotropolis. This would lend a 'darkest before the dawn' vibe to things, and remind just how high the stakes are.

As for the secondary characters...

If you look at Antoine's character, he is obviously based off the famous Inspector Clouseau of the Pink Panther films. A complete moron with an outrageous bad french accent who tends to walk face first into danger. Instead of Antoine being the third wheel of most missions, I'd have made him more of a wild card. A guy who screws up in hilarious and unexpected ways that will not only get the Freedom Fighters in trouble, but then make things worse for Robotnik than they ever could. Could think of some great ideas with this formula if done properly.

I argue that we already saw hints of this (Antoine as a wildcard) As an example of his bumbling going well for the freedom fighters, he finds the way out in "Sonic and the Secret Scrolls". I agree that I would have liked to see more of this, especially going into the second season, instead of him becoming more gratingly useless. FWIW, I liked the bit of characterization he got in  "Hooked on Sonics" and definitely think we could have had more of that.

Bunnie should have also been used WAY more. She deserved at least one limelight episode (maybe a flashback about her robotocization). At the very least there should have been at least ONE Season Two episode she had some sort of physical role in a mission. It's like the writers completely forgot about her.

This, definitely this. I think I'd be willing to trade an episode of season 1 for one which addressed a flashback to her partial robotization. And in my fantasy split season 2, there'd have been more room to see her in more missions. It's hinted throughout the show that Bunny might actually have some badassity of her own. She kicks down the replicant Sally in "Sonic and Sally" to save Sonic, is teaching Tails martial arts in a season 2 episode ("Fed Up with Antoine"? I don't remember.), and in "Spyhog", counters the cowardly and surrendering Antoine with "We are *not* giving up without a fight!"

Dulcy could have been tolerable if:

1. she got a proper introduction, and

2. she'd been developed as something more than bad comic relief.

Agreed. Heck, the introduction to Dulcy could have been the season 2 premier in my fantasy split season. They encounter Dulcy hiding out from Robotnik's forces, or perhaps rescue her and perhaps at first are wondering what to do with her. Then towards the end of the episode, she does something heroic or proves crucial at a dramatic moment, and the rest of the freedom fighters agree Dulcy's totally welcome to stay with them. Or something along those lines.

Rotor, I'm not sure what to do with, other than I know I liked his Season 1 design and voice better. It would have been cool if the restored hover unit used in "Doomsday" was seen in the background in his workshop in previous episodes, in increasing states of completion as the season went on.

#44 nzoomed

nzoomed

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 22 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Rotor was one of my favourite characters, but yes i agree, i liked the season 1 design better.

I would not miss dulcy if she was removed in season 3 also.

#45 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 509 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

I would miss Dulcy just because she was pretty relevant in Season 2: it's one thing for her to pop out of nowhere for season 2, but to then just put her on the bus for season 3?

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery_51493_212_294091.png

#46 nzoomed

nzoomed

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 22 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

I would miss Dulcy just because she was pretty relevant in Season 2: it's one thing for her to pop out of nowhere for season 2, but to then just put her on the bus for season 3?

I believe that there was some debate over this on the forums here.

Perhaps she can be written out? I dont see the character in the season 3 comics yet.

Perhaps the matter can be dealt with. She did serve a useful purpose at times in season 2. Dont know what plans Ben hurst had for the character.

#47 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 509 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

She could still pop up in Sea3on, but that's FUS' decision.  In season 2, she served as a means of transport and a powerful fighter for the FF, so I think it would be odd for her to suddenly vanish in season 3 unless there was a reason given by the author.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

#48 nzoomed

nzoomed

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 22 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

She could still pop up in Sea3on, but that's FUS' decision.  In season 2, she served as a means of transport and a powerful fighter for the FF, so I think it would be odd for her to suddenly vanish in season 3 unless there was a reason given by the author.

yes I agree, there would have to be some explanation if she was removed.

I dont have a problem if she remains, but probably does not need to be a main character.

#49 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 509 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Exactly: give more screentime to the original FFs.

The ending of season 2 was leaning more in that direction.

#50 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 254 posts

Posted A week ago

I think we've lost track of the original topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users