Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Sonic Fanfiction Coalition

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#101 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

It's a combination of being focused on other things and getting the feel of the scene down emotionally. Figuring out how I'm going to say things rather than what I'm going to say, as it were. I've still been putting a lot of thought into it, it's just hard to sit down and spend a few hours getting down a paragraph or two. It's not a matter of slowing down, as the process of writing this chapter has always been very slow.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm fine for now. I've got a roommate who's also a big SatAM fan, and I'll bounce ideas off him from time to time.

57677ee618a4a_FSOMBanner.jpg.004b52a1171

Story updates and more now available at Free Scribes of Mobius!

#102 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:03 AM

It's a combination of being focused on other things and getting the feel of the scene down emotionally. Figuring out how I'm going to say things rather than what I'm going to say, as it were. I've still been putting a lot of thought into it, it's just hard to sit down and spend a few hours getting down a paragraph or two. It's not a matter of slowing down, as the process of writing this chapter has always been very slow.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm fine for now. I've got a roommate who's also a big SatAM fan, and I'll bounce ideas off him from time to time.

It sounds you are having problem with find words and retorical-devices relating specifically to the tone of your story. Hm, if you could put your tone in one word what would it be?

Good. The offer stays on the table for the taking - there's no experation date. 

#103 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

I just finished a review of Ben's Fan-Fiction and PMed a good section of it (It's pretty big, I hope it all came through).

Red's is next on my list. I will be reviewing the first chapter in a editorial/review style. I find getting people's early work and reviewing it them encourages them more, for it shows them how much they have improved over time and how they can apply what they know now and what they have learned about their own work from the reivew into their second drafts and edits (which you should always do: always be prepared for revision, in writing no one ever gets it right the first time!). 

#104 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,564 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

Yea i got it. i just got home ill read it

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#105 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

For community colaberation project just started on the Fan Fix Fixin' forum post. Hope you guys have fun! http://sonicsatam.co...e=6#entry181741

#106 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

I just updated EoT with a small bout of writing. I have most of the this and the next chapter done, I am just fleshing out a lot of outlines and having the work proofread.

#107 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:10 AM

Progress is...happening. This final scene just keeps growing and expanding in a very organic way; though the rough physical events have been planned out for a few weeks now, the emotional aspects tied to them are continually being refined as I go, often leading to spur of the moment dialogue additions or entirely new thought processes.

It's going to be hard to tell how well all this flows from a logical perspective on a macro scale until I do a cleanup pass or two of editing, but I'm quite satisfied with the emotional flow. My best prose often comes straight from the heart and without any planning, and that approach has resulted in some wonderful turns of phrase over the last few pages.

The downside to this constant unplanned expansion is that it is very, very slow. A productive night might just result in a single paragraph, as this one did. I honestly don't know when this chapter will be finished. It could take another week or until the end of the month. After that, I'll take a break to read and review the stories listed in this thread. Progress on the second chapter will hopefully commence the week of Thanksgiving.

As for the story as a whole, I have the events of the first three chapters planned out. The remaining chapters are radically different in nature for reasons that I'm not about to disclose due to spoilers. I've got a rough list of things to cover for these later chapters, but I haven't clearly divided them up yet. As such, the total number of chapters remains unknown, though I anticipate between six and eight.

Given that I have been working on the first chapter for nearly five months...this could take awhile.

#108 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

Progress is...happening. This final scene just keeps growing and expanding in a very organic way; though the rough physical events have been planned out for a few weeks now, the emotional aspects tied to them are continually being refined as I go, often leading to spur of the moment dialogue additions or entirely new thought processes.

It's going to be hard to tell how well all this flows from a logical perspective on a macro scale until I do a cleanup pass or two of editing, but I'm quite satisfied with the emotional flow. My best prose often comes straight from the heart and without any planning, and that approach has resulted in some wonderful turns of phrase over the last few pages.

The downside to this constant unplanned expansion is that it is very, very slow. A productive night might just result in a single paragraph, as this one did. I honestly don't know when this chapter will be finished. It could take another week or until the end of the month. After that, I'll take a break to read and review the stories listed in this thread. Progress on the second chapter will hopefully commence the week of Thanksgiving.

As for the story as a whole, I have the events of the first three chapters planned out. The remaining chapters are radically different in nature for reasons that I'm not about to disclose due to spoilers. I've got a rough list of things to cover for these later chapters, but I haven't clearly divided them up yet. As such, the total number of chapters remains unknown, though I anticipate between six and eight.

Given that I have been working on the first chapter for nearly five months...this could take awhile.

Your style could benifit from  Stephen King's "Fossil method". King pants most his work of the basis of an idea, typically forumlated into a what-if question (What if Cell Phones could fire a signal that made the user go insane? - The Cell; What if a vampire invaded a small New Engalnd town? - Salem's Lot). He goes about mining out the idea like the story is already there and doesn't need to be built or forged, just uncovered. I recommend you buy his book Memoire of The Craft it could help you out. I love when he talks about his first novel Carrie. He admits he threw the first manuscript into the trash! xD But luckily his wife, dusting ashbuts of it and yanking it from the bin, encouraged him to finish it. He says it came together in the second draft because he read it and saw extra things he hadn't really exploited yet in the story. The symbolism and the subtext of Carrie (mostly through blood) was very deep and one of the hallmarks of the novel. The dramatic substance really came from him twiddling along "a word at a time" then stepping back from "looking at the trees" to "looking at whole the forest."  Plotting can be like a jackhammer sometimes, sure it gets the job done but it can break the subtlties, chip the fossil so to say. Sometimes you have allow room for you aforementioned method.

I sit somewhere in middle of this, since I write long continuities that I wish to not get confused. I rarely write in a vacum. My works ussually all interrelated. If you want to go more my own route on things the book Outling Your Novel: Map Your Way to Sucess is great. It even teaches you how to balance the mehthods of "pantsing" and "outlining".  It makes a more powerful foreshadowing and build up in your novel if you both outline and pull off the second draft revisionism of King. 

Okay guys I am giving a shout out to Bytor and his new work One Bad Day. http://sonicsatam.co...?showtopic=4923 . It's a riveting read with an awesome concept. One that really plays up Robotnik in an unfettered way, showing his true colors. It's an excellent character study, with a good plot.

#109 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

Okay, new post for you guys. 

http://sonicsatam.co...?showtopic=4952

New Newsletter coming up soon.

#110 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

Well, I haven't written anything for two weeks. The college semester's been leaving me pretty drained, sadly. I'm planning on devoting the evening to a writing session, but there's no way this is going to be done by the end of the month. Hopefully by Thanksgiving...

The upside to this frustrating lack of progress is that it makes the slow rate of Sea3on updates that much more understandable. I can't very well desire for Saber to rush his art while constantly delaying my own work.

#111 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

Hey guys. I'm doing the First post for the "Drop-off" (Sonic Fan Fic Coallition news letter) soon. I want to do it on a topic of your choosing. It's going to be bi-weekly news, advice, updates, and honrable mentions. All that fun stuff. What would you like tutorial wise? I have a lot of advice to give. What would you like to know about?

#112 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

I have been taking some fuirous notes and doing some writing workshops material to get get ready for when the group goes 100% legit this December (Christmas break will give people time to get the work out there).  *Cough* Sorzo *Cough* 

Sense you guys weren't vocal about a prefrence for the New-Letter I going dictate dictator style and do in Plot-First style scene writing. The essay is called: Drafting a Dream: How to put your first thoughts on paper. Note all Newletters and updates will be on the top O.P.

Update: WfM edit will PMed hopefull by mid-week.

I'm personally requesting a review for the Sub-Chaper One of EoT. 

Planning on posting two reviews within the month. I think that is a good qouta for everyone, given their variating schedules.

Build a Better Mobius is still up. Note the collaborative effort among other's is encouraged. Help each other build a Better Mobius!

Also opening up a new sister thread soon....a real free-form writing game based off the famous table-top game Fiasco and Once Upon a Time. We pick and agree a situation an write the scenes together. Then finish it post by post, the person who finishes it up the best wins a prize (I don't know what yet). The rules are uber simple and I will post them soon.

#113 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,564 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

I still think we should make a dA group as well

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#114 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

(Christmas break will give people time to get the work out there).  *Cough* Sorzo *Cough*

It's almost as if you're implying something.

#115 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

Nah... :D Perish the thought, old boy.

I agree with Sorzo on the issue of DA. We will make a branch but let's first grow the trunk.

#116 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

I thought my stance was declare war and burn the SonAmy heretics to the ground.

#117 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,564 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

I thought my stance was declare war and burn the SonAmy heretics to the ground.

May i join in this holy crusade?

#118 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

And let someone else share in the fun? Heck no.

#119 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

And let someone else share in the fun? Heck no.

Sorzo knows well there are only two. The Apprentice...and...

*Turns in his throne, surveying planet Mobius from the vast, panoramic window.*

The Master....

*The Stranger stands, his red robes blowing as he pulls a power ring from without his cloak*

"From this day forward, Sorzo..."

*The Power ring blares bright in his hands*

"You shall be called ...Darth Acorn." 

*Knights with the fiery power-ring.*

"Now go, go my son."

*Points to the temple of Deviant Art and hands him the ring.*

"Execute Order 134..."

#120 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

*Throws Stranger down a reactor shaft*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users