Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  ZealousFoX : (21 March 2019 - 09:17 PM)

Hello, been a long while.

@  Ishapar : (21 March 2019 - 05:42 PM)

I guess people are complaining about the site being dead. Can't help too much since I no longer have a computer, but I will check up with y'all here and there.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 March 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Both really, though she added more to the latter one over the past weekend

@  Shadow : (20 March 2019 - 08:22 AM)

You mean with the Hermione was black all along, or the Dumbledore was secretly gay?

@  Wulfsbane : (19 March 2019 - 08:14 PM)

I am absoultely convinced JK Rowling is trying hard to stay relevant.

@  furrykef : (17 March 2019 - 02:30 PM)

I mostly just check in to validate new users and to zap spambots. Obviously, we get far, far more spambots.

@  randomizer : (17 March 2019 - 12:08 AM)

I pop in every couple of days but I don't really have much to say so I mostly just lurk.

@  wildfire : (15 March 2019 - 11:33 PM)

Not looking for anything particular here, but since we got people checking daily, I thought I'd point out that I posted a new topic in SatAM Chat. Show a guy some love and check it out.

@  wildfire : (15 March 2019 - 10:56 PM)

bout the same for me too. I honestly don't remember at this point.

@  Shadow : (14 March 2019 - 01:50 PM)

I been here since I was 14 years old.

@  John Roberts : (14 March 2019 - 12:39 AM)

I lurk, too. Sometimes. Maybe us seniors should just meet up at a retirement village.

@  John Roberts : (14 March 2019 - 12:38 AM)

Hiho Wildfire!

@  wildfire : (13 March 2019 - 10:39 PM)

It doesn't help that everything i post on dies. But seriously, I do try and poke my head in from time to time. FUS was family to me for several years. I doubt I'll ever truly leave.

@  Shadow : (11 March 2019 - 04:43 PM)

I did mention before on the idea of a monthly podcast channel.

@  ShenFNWoo : (11 March 2019 - 06:06 AM)

Yeah, it's that kind of thinking that keeps this place dead, mang :\

@  wildfire : (10 March 2019 - 07:42 PM)

I still pop in from time to time. I'm like a professional lurker. As a senior member I think its fair to say I've earned that right. ;) Miss you guys.

@  ShenFNWoo : (10 March 2019 - 07:18 AM)

Rereading that, a lot of that came out completely wrong. But then again, it is a shoutbox, I don't know what the max word count is on the thing.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:25 AM)

As I've said many times before... IF the problem is that they themselves can't do it, then the guys running this place could possibly outsource in some form or fashion to people with more time to help work on this comic here. There's clearly people willing to pay for it, and even crowdfunding might be an option.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:23 AM)

There's really nothing stopping us. All we have to do is want to do this stuff.

Dr. Phil once said bored people are boring. Why a clinical psychologist who admits that most of the problem is of a functional nature within a patient's brain would believe this, I don't know, but there IS truth to that. Those who can't find something to try to work with to have or make a good time are usually just devoid of character themselves.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:21 AM)

I have a friend that's working on our game concept ideas who has major depression and horrible anxiety, 3 kids and a horrible job that takes up most of his day. He constantly gets on some of our team member's cases (even mine) about how there's 24 hours a day, and how Schwartzenegger's motivational speech can do wonders for us.

Photo

Sonic The Hedgehog: Edge Of Tomorrow.

fan fiction art writing story edge of tommorow

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

[The EoT Creative Team has decided to remove all our content due to private and personal concerns. We apologize for this to people interested in the series, but its something we all have had to do. We are aware that this is the most viewed Sonic-based project in the Creative-Corner by far, yet we seek to expand beyond just merely this corner of the net. We are currently creating our own site where this material and more will be easily accessed.]

#2 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,506 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

...wall of black.  

Can't really read it on the black theme (Warrior Theme) xD .

I'll have to copy on Word or something to read it. 

#3 Fearfek

Fearfek

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

Very nice so far.

Posted Image

#4 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

Very nice so far.

Thanks a bunch for the kind words!

Anything specific you liked about it? I'll try to reinforce those elements in the future.

...wall of black.  

Can't really read it on the black theme (Warrior Theme) xD .

...wall of black.  

Can't really read it on the black theme (Warrior Theme)  xD .

Whoop! That was an unforseen consequence! xD

I hope you enjoy it, Red. I am making this specifically for you guys, especially for you to enjoy during the dry spells between Sea3on panels, just to keep you guys psyched. Due note that I have outlined this series quite extensivly (I am doing about 14 episodes/stories a "Season", or better said book, and I took and am still taking lots and lots of notes from our Satam Reconstructed and What Would You Have You Done Diffrently posts. You will see things from every known canon in the Sonic Franchise, except there will be twists, turns, subversions, and intresting revisions that ground them thightly in a reconstructed Satam tone. I am pouring a lot of thought into this to just be a fan project (I actually am a journalist/published writer in real life). I am working my own novel franchise along with this. This is sort of a training-experiment for me before I publish my original work.

Feedback is deeply appreciated, especially in these developing stages. Can't wait to hear what you think.

#5 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

Ain't No Party Like A Superkick Party

• Moderators
  • 13,511 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

Pretty good thus far bro

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#6 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

Pretty good thus far bro

Thanks man!

#7 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

Think this worthy of being cover art?

http://theredstranger.deviantart.com/art/Sonic-Boom-359582627

Early concept art for the story's illustrations. You guys like the more realistic-anthro look for Sonic? I'm trying to make the character's looks fit the Satam tone as opposed to his original game's (I know this might be heresy for some, especially the green eyes xD but please indulge me.) 

http://theredstrange...Sonic-394708545

A famous villan is next...

#8 MikeMurdock

MikeMurdock

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 320 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

I am very impress with that design. Makes  sonic look bad ass and fitting into a T-M rated game O_O

#9 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,506 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

Waiting for Robotnik. 

#10 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

I am very impress with that design. Makes  sonic look bad ass and fitting into a T-M rated game O_O

That's what I am going for in this. It's for the kids who grew up with Sonic, and want him to grow up with them.

It's realistically dark, but not unrealistically dirty. I'd go with rated T, thought I don't pull punches. The humour and lightheartedness is still there. But there is blood and there is grit in both the art and the story.

And people will die. :whistle:  

#11 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,506 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:47 PM

And people will die. :whistle:  

Good.  Because if nobody dies the badguys aren't really a threat.

*Glares at Animated Series Cobra Commander*

#12 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:49 AM

I am going to do weekly updates.

Saturday good for you guys?

When Season one is all on paper, I'd hope get a group along to narrate it and put it on youtube (with some illustrations). If it goes real good, maybe I can do some comic work (though I'll need to polish my sequential illustration skills).

I'll send you other goodies from time to time too.  :awesome:

#13 Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Running Wild

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:05 AM

I'm liking what I'm seeing!  Cool artwork, it's drawn really well and the style is quite different but feels just right for the story. Taking notes from all of us I see? Hehehe, glad I could help.

I like how you put in the Overlanders, and you got the characters down spot on, keep it up!

Seriously, HOW THE HELL did nobody know that Robotnik was evil!? I mean just look at those red, glowing, hellish eyes, oh yeah I can completely trust that guy with my life! *sarcasm*

#14 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

Ain't No Party Like A Superkick Party

• Moderators
  • 13,511 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:29 AM

What ever works best for you, your story you release when ya wanna

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#15 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

What ever works best for you, your story you release when ya wanna

I just prefer consistancy for you guys. Saturday it is then, just like the ole cartoon.

#16 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

An example of a weekly goodie: https://soundcloud.com/theredstranger:awesome:

This is a sountrack piece I made  if and when I have this narrated.

Feedback is appreciated. :biggrin:

#17 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

Updated the other day.

Plan to dish out some new music and art very soon!

#18 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

Another update. This time it's some demo-music.

#19 brmsort

brmsort

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

I am not familiar with the comics (which I assume you draw some inspiration from). Despite that, I didn't feel lost, though it is clear this is only an intro. I am interested to see where this is going.

My biggest praise for this is that the story is full of descriptive narrative not just dialogue. One of my pet peeves is seeing a page full of dialogue without any additional details. SatAM was a cartoon; the pictures told a thousand words. Fanfics don't have that luxury, so they must paint with words.

I love my God, my wife, my 5 kids, and I like my guns, my beer, my whiskey, and my pickup.

I dislike politicians, policemen, diet foods, no-smoking signs, and mowing the lawn.

I like Sonic games from the Genesis days, tolerate the Sonic Adventure series, can stomach Sonic Heroes, and can't stand the rest.

And there is only one true story of Sonic, SatAM.

#20 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

I am not familiar with the comics (which I assume you draw some inspiration from). Despite that, I didn't feel lost, though it is clear this is only an intro. I am interested to see where this is going.

My biggest praise for this is that the story is full of descriptive narrative not just dialogue. One of my pet peeves is seeing a page full of dialogue without any additional details. SatAM was a cartoon; the pictures told a thousand words. Fanfics don't have that luxury, so they must paint with words.

Thanks for the kind words! Indeed this is common problem in most fanfiction. The diologue is not properly supplemented with visuals and the page-breaks become very airy, which speed up the pacing to where the visuals become blurry or, worse, non-exsistant. Body language and action is everything to the context of good diologue scene, as well description of internal, subjective, mental experiances/sensations/thoughts. There are too many seemingly disembodied voices in novice writing that are only speaking out: reacting, yes, but never truly acting. We move and act as we express ourselves vocally. A great resource on how people act and react physically with their emotions and how they feel during so is this: http://www.amazon.co...ional thesaurus. As for other visuals, people need to read more and more to fatten up their verbal-range and take mental notes and research what they are trying to describe. For example I read voraciously everyday, and practice my writing daily, just like muscian would practice his scales or an artist their anatomy. Discipline and drive in the act of reading and writing are the secrets to good writing. Nowadays I never read any book - be it my Bible, a textbook, or a Tolkien Novel - without my digital note-pad and a gel highlighter. 

People from the comic are going to be thrown around on a wild ride, because I plan to mess with their expectations. This combines a bit of everything into the Satam series and plays it off like it belonged perfectly within the context of the original 26 canon episodes and Sea3on. It's been a tough task, but careful outlining has prevailed so far. It's distant enough for anyone to jump into and none of the plot-concepts require much , if any , prior knowledge of the other two series to enjoy.

Expect a lot more music, illustrations, and chapters soon! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fan fiction, art, writing, story, edge of tommorow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users