Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Misk : (15 June 2018 - 05:07 PM)

That was the one part that made it tolerable.

@  Misk : (15 June 2018 - 05:07 PM)

She didn't have a voice.

@  Uncle Ben : (15 June 2018 - 07:17 AM)

Wonder if Shadow will be one? Knuckles is now an Assist Trophy

@  GamemasterAn... : (15 June 2018 - 06:52 AM)

I think the idea of the Echo Characters is an interesting way of dealing with the clones. That way they are recognized as being similar to other characters, but still allowing them to have their own "feel" as it were and allowing for the addition of other fan favorites who could be Echoes as well.

@  RedAuthar : (14 June 2018 - 10:43 PM)

Daisy has technically been in the game as an alternate skin to Peach since Melee. It's no different than Alph or the Koopa Kids.

@  LogiTeeka : (14 June 2018 - 10:14 PM)

Aw, I like Daisy. :(

@  Misk : (14 June 2018 - 03:45 PM)

And that rock is a clone of Dark Pit

@  Misk : (14 June 2018 - 03:45 PM)

I know, but I would have honestly preferred a rock to have been playable.

@  RedAuthar : (13 June 2018 - 06:27 PM)

She's basically a extra character like Lucina and Pitoo.

@  Misk : (13 June 2018 - 05:51 PM)

Why couldn't Daisy have been an Assist and give the slot to literally anyone else

@  Sunnyfruit : (12 June 2018 - 03:39 PM)

But of course if someone asks me I'll answer DMC5 hype.

@  Sunnyfruit : (12 June 2018 - 03:38 PM)

I was really happy for the new Crush 40 title

@  LogiTeeka : (12 June 2018 - 03:23 PM)

She's an Assist Trophy, at least.

@  Shadow : (12 June 2018 - 12:31 PM)

But no Midna =/

@  Uncle Ben : (12 June 2018 - 08:56 AM)

Ohh and Ridley got announced too but he looked broken.

INCLUDING SNAKE

EVERYONE IS BACK

@  Uncle Ben : (12 June 2018 - 08:55 AM)

So For Super Smash Bros. Ultimate....

@  Sunnyfruit : (12 June 2018 - 02:44 AM)

And the homing attack and a feeling of general awkwardness, but it's not exclusive to this title.

@  Sunnyfruit : (12 June 2018 - 02:42 AM)

I never had a problem of slippery controls, the only thing that I thought was weirdly implemented was the triangle jump.

Photo

Sonic Writers Topic

Ken Penders Archie Lawsuit

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#181 blue

blue

Veteran poster

• Fellow FUSer
  • 360 posts

Posted A week ago

Me either.  I'm not entirely positive that a new focus on mostly Modern Sonic's world is going to help things out, especially for the FF and former fans of the Archie series.  I honestly think the best way for the fandom to stay alive and preserve the characters is for them to work on their own stories and art.  I have noticed that the majority of times a big corporation takes control of an artists' work, the quality of the work goes downhill.  With Sega in control of the content of the comics (and with their own position with Sonic), I am not seeing good hopes with this comic series.  It's possible we may have some good storylines from the new comic, but I fear in doing so we will also lose the legacy of previous Archie and Satam characters.

Maybe that's the intent because to SEGA, SatAM and Archie Sonic are outdated and conflicts with Modern Sonic. So, they stop renewing the license to Archie Comics and gave it to a new comic publisher, IDW, to enforce their Sonic easily. Unless they allow IDW some creative freedom, what's the point of reading the comic when you can play the games with similar or the same experience.

#182 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,136 posts

Posted A week ago

Maybe that's the intent because to SEGA, SatAM and Archie Sonic are outdated and conflicts with Modern Sonic. So, they stop renewing the license to Archie Comics and gave it to a new comic publisher, IDW, to enforce their Sonic easily. Unless they allow IDW some creative freedom, what's the point of reading the comic when you can play the games with similar or the same experience.

Ian has repeatedly said that he and the staff at IDW now have fewer restrictions with the license compared to Archie, so it sounds like they have some creative freedom. But he has also stated that the stories presented in the comics are from SEGA themselves, so maybe it isn't as flexible as he makes it sounds?

It sounds complicated, to be honest.

#183 Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben

Five-Star Match Machine

• Moderators
  • 13,353 posts

Posted A week ago

Ian has repeatedly said that he and the staff at IDW now have fewer restrictions with the license compared to Archie, so it sounds like they have some creative freedom. But he has also stated that the stories presented in the comics are from SEGA themselves, so maybe it isn't as flexible as he makes it sounds?

It sounds complicated, to be honest.

I'm assuming this is just like a "this is the base plot of the story, write it out" kinda situation.

If not... ech.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users