Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Misk : (20 July 2018 - 02:12 PM)

"Welcome to the first level"

@  Sunnyfruit : (16 July 2018 - 12:10 PM)

Absolute disgrace

@  Sunnyfruit : (16 July 2018 - 12:10 PM)

Sonic ads from before pointed to the next generation, Sonic ads from today are references to two generations before.

@  Sunnyfruit : (15 July 2018 - 09:41 AM)

:D

@  MoKat : (11 July 2018 - 11:18 AM)

I suppose stranger things -have- happened ;D

@  Sunnyfruit : (11 July 2018 - 01:25 AM)

I'm pretty sure Croatia will stomp England today. The final will be tight, anything could happen.

@  Uncle Ben : (10 July 2018 - 07:31 PM)

Now I guess it's Croatia that's the most out there?

@  Uncle Ben : (10 July 2018 - 07:31 PM)

I wanted Switzerland to win cause it would of been the most out there team.

@  Sunnyfruit : (10 July 2018 - 08:09 AM)

So much resentment in the FRA-BEL to come.

@  Uncle Ben : (06 July 2018 - 08:13 PM)

Tarred and Feathered probably

@  Quickster : (06 July 2018 - 11:06 AM)

Last night I also dreamed that Chaos came to the Thorndyke family's dinner.

@  Quickster : (06 July 2018 - 11:05 AM)

Night before last I had a dream that Chris Thorndyke was going to appear in the Sonic comics, and I thought, "I wonder how the Chris haters are going to react?"

@  Shadow : (06 July 2018 - 10:17 AM)

Looks like Robotnik finally won.

@  Sunnyfruit : (05 July 2018 - 11:52 AM)

Just found a dead hedgehog while cleaning my mother's garden. Still can't figure what kind of presage this is

@  Sunnyfruit : (01 July 2018 - 03:22 AM)

Sorry to hear the news.

@  Uncle Ben : (30 June 2018 - 07:09 AM)

My rabbit had to be put down today. She was 12, twice the age she should have been

@  Shadow : (26 June 2018 - 11:12 AM)

Well I didn't need an ambulance, so no charge there.

@  LogiTeeka : (24 June 2018 - 10:34 PM)

I'm hoping the health bill isn't too hefty.

@  LogiTeeka : (24 June 2018 - 10:33 PM)

Sheesh! You're lucky it wasn't worse.

@  Shadow : (23 June 2018 - 11:19 AM)

Just rest, and tylonel. Woke up with a black eye which is new.

Photo

Current Anime

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#301 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:54 PM

I watched HunterXHunter for a while. It was good but I slowly lost interest in it in one Arc. Some battle arena arc or something...just kept dragging on.

I was a fan of Fairy Tail as well till they had one Arc that just dragged on and on and on...and it started pulling the one fight will last 3 or 4 episodes...got annoying.

One of the reasons why I love the 12 and 24 episode shows. They have a clear start and finish. There are some exceptions in that...FMA went 50 or so and totally worth it. So did Soul Eater and I loved that show as well.

#302 Silent X

Silent X

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:21 PM

That sounds kind of like the Greed Island arc. But even worse than that is the Chimera ant arc I'm currently on(and technically almost finished with) and its 60+ episodes -_x Still enjoying it overall but there are some minor annoyances here and there besides it dragging out. Few episodes back the narrator started narrating and explaining every single scene throughout the episodes, even obvious stuff. Like way to dumb it down for people haha.

Yeah I was loving some Fairy Tail for a bit. Watched all 40 something episodes Netflix had to offer, and then ventured off and watched close to 100 more on various anime sites. I kinda lost interest a bit after that time skip but kept telling myself I'd go and pick back up on it.

On the topic of anime dragging on too long, man One Piece has definitely taken the cake on that for me. It's been almost a decade now since I've last followed it because it just seems to have no end in sight. I like 12-24 but also don't mind ones that are a little bit longer, like 50-70 range if the quality doesn't dip. I think Monster was around 75 episodes and kept me hooked the entire time. Great psych/crime thriller.

On the other hand, I'm hearing Persona 5 the Animation is only gonna be 24 episodes long and that just doesn't seem like quite enough. I feel like 36 would have been ideal, and the fast pacing has definitely shown. That's a game I put 120+ hours in on my first play through. And that was pretty much all story, no side quests haha.

#303 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:37 PM

Yeah I stopped watching Fairy Tail in the arc just before the time skip I think.  The one where they went to their "training island".   I think I stopped half way through that. 

You should give Steins Gate a go.  Watch season 1 first obviously...   And if you look into Steins Gate its a series whiten other series.  All within the same universe or some junk.   Chaos;Head was the first and..I watched it but it was nothing special.  Robotics;Notes was actually quite good. But Steins;Gate is by far the best and using current era theme.  Like talks about Cern, that time traveler who was on the internet in the early 2000s..few other things.   And the characters are all like-able. 

#304 Silent X

Silent X

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:31 PM

Yeah, Steins Gate is more a matter of when than if for me right now xD I'm really intrigued by the time traveling element of it, and it being a series within other series. Almost reminds me of Baccano! And DRR! now that I'm mentioning it, not story wise but just the fact those two series were set in different times, nothing to do with each other, different casts of characters(aside from a cameo of two)but all set in the same world. Just thought that was really neat. Back to Steins though, the main reason I haven't started it yet -and this is sort of silly haha- is because I know it was originally a visual novel game, and I'm torn on if I want to watch it as an anime first or play the game first(or at all)

#305 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:44 PM

Well we are starting to learn a bit more about the world in Darling in the FranXX.  Also where we get 02's DNA from.

#306 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:29 PM

I get mixed feelings with the Netflix exclusive shows, but damn was Violet Evergarden good. Real heart-wrencher if you allow it to pull you in.

#307 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:15 PM

Violet Evergarden was amazing.    I dont have much else to say about that show.   Was just all around good. 

#308 Silent X

Silent X

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:16 PM

Yeah Franxx has been really good lately with the “wedding” episode and the latest one that gives us some more background on Papa and whatnot. Really intrigued to learn more about the Klaxosaur queen.

Haven’t heard of Violet Evergarden since I’ve neglected Netflix lately(they’ve been making their money off me for sure haha), but sounds like that’s something I need to check out since I shamelessly love heart wrenching anime.

#309 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 259 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:43 PM

It'll play the heart-strings like a harp. Really got to me. I wound up watching it through twice. I want a Violet figure if they decide to make them. best I've seen is a keychain.

#310 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Been watching Children of Whales on Netflix...Its actually quite good.  I picked it up some time back, watched part of ep one and got bored...Went back to it yesterday and I'm kinda upset at myself for just watching 10 minutes or so and deciding the fate of the show...And Im glad I went back to it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users