Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

Photo

Adult Material

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Baz

Baz

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:13 PM

Trust me, I'm not one to tattle, but wouldn't this be considered adult material?

Every time I scan through the galleries this one snags me every time and . . . it just bothers me. Nothing personal against the artist, of course. I'm just conserned about it's placement in the galleries as opposed to the rules/standards set forth in the galleries.

Gawt, I should turn a cop and get it over with.

#2 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,244 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:39 PM

Nah, as long as it has no nudity its all good. Stuff with nudity can't be put into the gallery, although it can be put on the site. Providing that the topic clearly says NSFW, that the image in question is put behind spoiler tags, and that its not some hard core sex seen and so on. Only..hmm.. classy nudity allowed. Best way I can describe that.

#3 FreakyFilmFan4ever

FreakyFilmFan4ever

The Resident Freaky Filmmaker

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

And to be clear, in a SatAM universe nudity is the depiction of any sexual and/or private body parts. 'Cos very few of the characters are wearing anything at all in the first place. (Other than shoes and gloves.)

That picture does could a tad bit shocking at first. Though I really can't say it's any worse than this image here: snb.png And in the end it's funny more than it is provocative.
I believe in what I want to believe in, you believe in what you want to believe in, so when someone wants to believe in something, no one will know what to believe!
Believe it or not...

StefanFilms
My Graphic Art Page

#4 Vlad Yvhv

Vlad Yvhv

"Non-Intruder Organism"

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

Depending on what you're into and not into, this can at fall under "squick"...

Projection: If Intruder Organism reaches civilized areas...

Entire world population infected 27,000 hours from first contact.

#5 Baz

Baz

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:14 PM

I guess it depends on the age range this site is targeted to (but is this site only pitching SatAM to adults or all ages?)

Also, I guess it's because I don't find that stuff funny so of course, *SHAWK*

I'm just trying to understand the boundaries on this site since I'm still quite fresh.

#6 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,244 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:34 PM

We go for all ages, take Sea3on, we have 11 year old readers. However the forum its self is more mature. Always has been really. I don't recommend anyone joining the forum who is under 13-14 years old. I know Saturday Morning Sonic has a 8 or 9 year old on it. So I imagine thats the place for the really young crowd.

In all honesty after I took over I tamed this site back a fair amount. Use to have a adult section, don't now. But anyways, you will get use to the boundaries of the site.

#7 randomizer

randomizer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:51 AM

Put it this way: if you get banned, you've found the boundaries.

#8 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,003 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:58 AM

*Bans Randomizer*

9:06

#9 Baz

Baz

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:24 AM

Man, Randomizer, I don't really want to wait to get burned to find out. >o<

Thanks for the info, guys.

Fair enough on the forum and I agree, Chief. But wouldn't that include the gallery? Because I can't bring myself to send a preteen to a gallery with images like the one referenced. (I'm rather conscious about this stuff because I work with youth and am surrounded by kids). I'd just send them the comic itself since that's the major promotional project.

#10 FreakyFilmFan4ever

FreakyFilmFan4ever

The Resident Freaky Filmmaker

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:55 AM

Hm.... Just a crazy thought, but maybe we should orient the gallery around the same age audience Season 3 is attempting to target by mimicking what age audience SatAM was attempting to target. I don't pay attention, but does this image on the gallery pop up on the main page's gallery pic of the moment from time to time? We should probably at least avoid that.
I believe in what I want to believe in, you believe in what you want to believe in, so when someone wants to believe in something, no one will know what to believe!
Believe it or not...

StefanFilms
My Graphic Art Page

#11 Inhibitor

Inhibitor

Your Average Couch Potato

• FUS Reporter
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:18 PM

I can see why Baz was bothered. I'm not a huge fan of SallyxBunnie, let alone lesbianism itself. Maybe some sort of warning or filter would be nice.

#12 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,244 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:31 PM

Only thing I would put into it would be for the artist to put a warning on the images that are.. like that. I'm not cutting the Gallery out of the main page links just to re direct to Sea3on.

Ive honestly never had any issues or complaints about it in till this specific one. To be honest, I'm not overly concerned about it. I think the rule against nudity in the gallery and anything with any sort of nudity on the forum needs warning flags and spoiler tags all over it. Not to mention I'm strict on that stuff too.

There is a lot more risky stuff everywhere on the net and on TV then what you will find in the gallery. I'll think about getting artists to put warning tags on pieces like this but thats really it.

#13 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:09 PM

If I had mad art skillz, I'd totally flood the gallery with SalBun pics right about now. wink.gif

#14 Freya Manibrandr

Freya Manibrandr

Ein Fahrender Ritter

• F3 Staff
  • 777 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:32 AM

At least it's not some weird fetish picture like say unbirthing involving Dulcy. tongue.gif

76561197990969478.png

#15 Baz

Baz

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (FreakyFilmFan4ever @ Jan 12 2011, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm.... Just a crazy thought, but maybe we should orient the gallery around the same age audience Season 3 is attempting to target by mimicking what age audience SatAM was attempting to target. I don't pay attention, but does this image on the gallery pop up on the main page's gallery pic of the moment from time to time? We should probably at least avoid that.

It does. It was right in my face as soon as I entered the gallery, but I'm an adult so I'm able to ignore/avoid whatever I want on the net.

And I would say a partially dressed kinky situation is worse than a nude image with cleaner content/intent. I've seen lots of the latter in classic shows/books for kids and classical art.

Fine for you if it's an adult gallery, but not for 11-14 year olds.

C'mon, Admins, you all need to decide what audience is your target. You are using this site to promote a great show and knowing your target audience is rather basic. I am positive that if you get kids into the show through this site, they will want to submit fan art.

I just wanted to bring that to the table, thanks for listening.

#16 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:33 PM

I was about to make the following point:

"What makes Sally and Bunnie kissing more 'adult' than Sonic and Sally kissing?"

Then I had a look at the pic again. "Oh yeah. I guess that carrot there does change things a bit, doesn't it?" tongue.gif

#17 Baz

Baz

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:39 PM

Because Sally/Sonic kisses in the show are miles away from a bedroom situation, Kef. You would never see that aimed at the young audience let alone girl-on-girl action.

Like I said, the site needs to make up its mind on its target audience.

#18 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,244 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

Don't really need to make our mind up. Target audience has always been older. Been that way since Alison started the site long ago. Thats why I wouldn't recommend pre teens and stuff on joining up. In fact I think it warns them not to join if they are under 13.

Because we seem to be attracting some pre teens and so on because of the comic and other things does not mean that I'm full out targeting them.

The website that fully targets a younger audience would be SMS. Not us. We just get them from time to time, more now then before because of the comic but thats it.

All in all, I'm not going to leave out one group or another, but my target audience has never been younger kids.

I could make a warning on the main site about the Gallery containing some suggestive scenes, however thats not going to stop the random pic generator and.. Would just seem kinda useless having a warning in one area where right on the main page its showing the images anyways.

But if you want a site thats more open to kids and what not, go to SMS. Ive tamed down the site a bit to fit in some younger teens and so on, but I'm not going to tame it down so much where I cut off the older audience (which is mostly what I get). Hell, the second comic in the works will not be child friendly one bit.

Anyways, thats that. The site already attracts the audience we really look for.

#19 randomizer

randomizer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

A possible work around if it was considered necessary would be to have a gallery for adult-oriented material and one that is "safe" for young eyes. Then the random pic generator need only pull images from the latter gallery. If two galleries is impractical, then you could add a prefix to the filenames for all images that are deemed not for under 13s (or those that are for under 13s, depending on which is the smaller group) and then have the random pic generator only grab images that have or don't have that prefix.

#20 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,244 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:08 PM

It would have to be a whole new and different way to upload pictures then. As the current gallery is built into invision, well.. we had to pay for it but its invision. If I put a more "adult" gallery on the invision one it will still show up there. That takes away from our idea of getting a lot of the site to be built around the forums..

I will look into it but this has been my first complaint of anything like this. So, again, I'm not worried about it.

If enough people complain and want it out then I will remove anything adultish. But for now.. I don't think so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users