Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Uncle Ben : (12 February 2019 - 09:07 AM)

We got a Nintendo Direct tomorrow. 5e/2p

@  Clocktopus : (10 February 2019 - 03:18 PM)

grats?

@  Uncle Ben : (08 February 2019 - 09:33 PM)

Well, just about a month until I move into a new place

@  chief : (03 February 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Laura has been off the internet and VA path for some time. Though she has slowly come back and is working on a few things. But reaching her can be hard these days. I'm currently working with her on a few things but everything is just done via email or discord now and then. Our time zones usually screw up the discord bit.

@  Ishapar : (30 January 2019 - 02:40 PM)

So Kev, find anybody for the voice acting yet?

@  ShenFNWoo : (25 January 2019 - 09:29 AM)

Time of death... 10:25am

@  Uncle Ben : (20 January 2019 - 10:16 AM)

Snow's stopped, turning to rain.

@  Kev : (10 January 2019 - 10:34 AM)

Thanks I will give that a try.

@  GamemasterAn... : (10 January 2019 - 08:19 AM)

Could you go to voicebunny to find someone to voice Bunnie? (I'm sorry...I had to do it.)

@  Shadow : (10 January 2019 - 12:00 AM)

Try the website voicebunny to look for someone.

@  Uncle Ben : (06 January 2019 - 05:09 PM)

There's probably a few out there

@  Kev : (06 January 2019 - 03:26 AM)

Is there anyone else that can do a good Sally voice over?

@  Kev : (05 January 2019 - 08:57 AM)

She voiced my last cartoon, I did ask her but it's been months now and I've not heard anything back.

@  Sandata : (05 January 2019 - 08:49 AM)

I don't know if she's still active, but look up LauraOlsenBlue on youtube. Think she used to be on here too.

@  Kev : (05 January 2019 - 08:45 AM)

Can anyone here or does anyone know anybody that can replicate Sally's voice from Sonic SatAm. I am trying to make another cartoon but need someone to voice it.

@  Uncle Ben : (31 December 2018 - 09:07 PM)

Happy new year everyone

@  Uncle Ben : (29 December 2018 - 10:02 PM)

So I got back into playing Pokemon GO again. Been completing the field research challenges and I encountered a Shiny Moltres!

@  ShenFNWoo : (25 December 2018 - 07:41 PM)

Merry Christmas if you didn't see me say it in the creative corner

@  Uncle Ben : (25 December 2018 - 04:20 PM)

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals

@  Sandata : (24 December 2018 - 03:02 PM)

Happy Christmas folks!

Photo

Bad News About Ben Hurst

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Nique

Nique

It's great to be different.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:40 PM

This isn't easy to say right now because we were so close, but today I got a phone call from Pat Allee. Ben passed away a couple weeks ago. They think it was his diabetes, which I didn't even know he had. I guess it came kind of suddenly. He even had a doctor appointment on Wednesday but he died Tuesday before he could go. What they believe happened is that he fainted and then went into a diabetic coma. Then he just died peacefully in his sleep, which is how he wanted to go. He didn't feel any pain or anything so that's comforting.

I feel very weird by this whole thing. He was such a lively man. He lived such a full life and he told me numerous times that if he died tomorrow, he'd be fine with that. I'm truly grateful for having known such a great man. I'm sure he's happy wherever he is now. I'm upset but knowing these things I think I'll be able to carry on.

Thanks Ben. It was wonderful getting to know you and hearing all your amazing stories. I'll never forget them and I'll never forget you either. I hope your next life is as fulfilling as your last. And know that all your friends here miss you and love you very much. So again, thanks for everything

I just wanted to tell you that the hardest thing I've faced
Wasn't the teasing or the pain
It was convincing myself I wasn't stupid, strange, or lame
And helping others do the same.

Forest Rain

#2 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:44 PM

Oh that's terrible to hear he passed. sad.gif But it is at least comforting that he passed peacefully.

#3 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,188 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:46 PM

I just moved this into the news section..

I think I can speak for all of FUS here on how sad this is. He was a good guy, I wish I had a chance to talk to him more then what I did. He was a great guy, did a lot for SatAM while it was running and after. The information he passed onto us for what Season 3 was going to be like..Along with everything else.

RIP Ben.

#4 Nique

Nique

• Fellow FUSer
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:47 PM

And getting the word out to the Sonic fandom was something he wanted. That's what Pat told me anyway. I don't want to keep typing the same thing out so I just basically copied what I wrote here to a few places. SMS, Sonic Retro, not sure about any other place.

He didn't want a funeral, but Pat's having a sorta party to celebrate his life on Sept 11th. Part of me wants to go, but I don't think I will. I wouldn't know anyone for one, and I don't know if I can afford it right now. I'm still not sure yet, I'll have to see about time off from work.

He always appreciated the fanbase BTW guys. I hope you all know you were special to him.

Also in case you're wondering, Pat had been trying to call me for two weeks now. I didn't recognize the number so I never answered. It wasn't until today when she left a voice mail that I finally got the message, so that's why it took two weeks for me to find out about it.

Forest Rain

#5 FreakyFilmFan4ever

FreakyFilmFan4ever

The Resident Freaky Filmmaker

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

Why is everyone cool or useful in entertainment suddenly dying in the past couple of years? sad.gif
I believe in what I want to believe in, you believe in what you want to believe in, so when someone wants to believe in something, no one will know what to believe!
Believe it or not...

StefanFilms
My Graphic Art Page

#6 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:56 PM

It sucks, Freaky. A lot of good people have been dying in the last few years.

As for this news, I'm truly saddened by it. I never really spoke to Ben myself, though he was a writer for SatAM, which I loved as I grew up, and it led me to this place where I met a lot of wonderful people. So Ben certainly meant something to me. I am happy at least that he was at peace.

#7 Ratty Randnums

Ratty Randnums

He of Little Sleep

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:58 PM

Ouch, a piece of my childhood just left me. I'm glad he went like he wanted to, with no pain. I just wish I could have thanked him for all the happiness and needed escape he brought me growing up. Rest in peace man, your legacy lives on in all of us who's imaginations and perspectives were shaped and influenced by SatAM and your other work growing up.
"I really think of life as a great expression of joy. And if you take yourself seriously you're going to be defeated I'm afraid.
...Maybe that is the whole recipe of life, is to be in on the joke. Because life is a joke and if you're not in on it you're out.
But if you're in on it, you can make it." - Vincent Price

"What have you got to lose? You know you come from nothing you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!"
- Eric Idle

#8 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (Nique @ Aug 31 2010, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This isn't easy to say right now because we were so close, but today I got a phone call from Pat Allee. Ben passed away a couple weeks ago. They think it was his diabetes, which I didn't even know he had. I guess it came kind of suddenly. He even had a doctor appointment on Wednesday but he died Tuesday before he could go. What they believe happened is that he fainted and then went into a diabetic coma. Then he just died peacefully in his sleep, which is how he wanted to go. He didn't feel any pain or anything so that's comforting.

I feel very weird by this whole thing. He was such a lively man. He lived such a full life and he told me numerous times that if he died tomorrow, he'd be fine with that. I'm truly grateful for having known such a great man. I'm sure he's happy wherever he is now. I'm upset but knowing these things I think I'll be able to carry on.

Thanks Ben. It was wonderful getting to know you and hearing all your amazing stories. I'll never forget them and I'll never forget you either. I hope your next life is as fulfilling as your last. And know that all your friends here miss you and love you very much. So again, thanks for everything

That is so sad to hear. sad.gif

He will always be the best Sonic writer ever IMO.

It's such a shame his life was cut short, but he made quite an impact as a writer. If I could have, I would have loved to have a chat with him and learn about his secrets on what it takes to being a successful writer.

Thanks for making Sonic Satam the amazing show it was Ben, you'll be sorely missed.

I hope as a memorial, they'll find some of his old papers of what he had planned for Season 3 and beyond and publish them. I would have loved to see that, if he wrote it down of course.

Posted Image

#9 Nique

Nique

• Fellow FUSer
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:40 PM

I hope as a memorial, they'll find some of his old papers of what he had planned for Season 3 and beyond and publish them. I would have loved to see that, if he wrote it down of course.

I have these... somewhere. I'll probably post them in a few days. Just not right now, sorry.

Forest Rain

#10 Vampfox

Vampfox

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 231 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

Sad to hear that Ben is no longer with us.
Thanks Ben for creating a wonderful cartoon that both kids, and adults can enjoy.
May you rest in peace.

#11 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:49 PM

I think a tribute or like a "in loving memory of" for Ben would be an excellent idea. Like to show how much Ben meant to us. I think he would have loved it.

And Nique, we understand. Take your time. I know this is very difficult. sad.gif

#12 Nique

Nique

• Fellow FUSer
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:06 PM

Most users ever online was 49 on A minute ago

wow this news is really traveling fast.

Forest Rain

#13 hedgehogfan162

hedgehogfan162

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:13 PM

man i just felt a piece of me die...i least he went out like he wanted...one thing is for sure we will always remember him and for that he will never fully die
soo many boxes so little time

#14 GothicMetalXVI

GothicMetalXVI

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:14 PM

Indeed it is, for I found this out while on Bumbleking of all places...But yes this truly is a horrible day for SatAM fans, and I feel rather crappy for returning to these forums only after such a sad event...This fanbase is now missing its most important figure, and will never be the same...

I wish Ben's family well...as his loss surely he means more to them than it ever could for us.

#15 Nique

Nique

• Fellow FUSer
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:16 PM

What is Bumbleking? I wonder if I should post this on Ken Pender's board... probably not.

Forest Rain

#16 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,188 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:22 PM

http://www.bumblekin...opic.php?t=3021 Thats where you would have found out on Bumbleking

#17 Vampfox

Vampfox

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 231 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:24 PM

Bumbleking is Ian Flynn's forum, and I was the one who posted it on there. I hope that noone minds that I linked to this fourm.

#18 acstrife

acstrife

THE LAW!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 734 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:25 PM

He will be be missed by all, hes in a better place now and we all are appreciative of his gift to us all.
Glory lasts forever

#19 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,188 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (Fionafan @ Aug 31 2010, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bumbleking is Ian Flynn's forum, and I was the one who posted it on there. I hope that noone minds that I linked to this fourm.

No, not at all. Its great that the news spreads fast.

#20 JayFoxFire

JayFoxFire

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:53 PM

Omg!! I would never think he would die! I am really in shock. My heart sunk hearing this; man this sucks. sad.gif I feel saddened by his passing. At least he's in a better place. RIP Ben Hurst, thank you for making SatAM a wonderful cartoon for us to enjoy.
SatAM rocks my socks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users