Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Shadow : (19 November 2017 - 05:32 PM)

You know what Stephen King movie would make for a good remake? Storm of the Century.

@  RedAuthar : (18 November 2017 - 11:09 PM)

Exactly.

@  Shadow : (18 November 2017 - 12:09 PM)

Oh yeah, that was a real masterpiece...

@  RedAuthar : (18 November 2017 - 11:02 AM)

Not really. He was in DOOM the Movie.

@  Shadow : (18 November 2017 - 03:12 AM)

The Rock has come far from his roots of being a PS2 CGI scorpion monster.

@  Shadow : (17 November 2017 - 08:54 PM)

aka the King Kong vs Godzilla prequel

@  RedAuthar : (17 November 2017 - 06:39 PM)

So...Rampage movie.

@  Uncle Ben : (17 November 2017 - 02:58 PM)

Wouldnt take long for Florida. It wouldbe at least 2 years max

@  Quickster : (17 November 2017 - 01:36 AM)

They are working on three Mario theme parks at Universal - one in Japan and two in the US. The Japan one will open in 2020. Don't know about the others.

@  Shadow : (16 November 2017 - 02:16 PM)

A Metroid ride would be great. Go through planet Zebes with Samus as your guide.

@  GamemasterAn... : (16 November 2017 - 07:38 AM)

I heard that as well.

@  Uncle Ben : (15 November 2017 - 07:59 PM)

I thought they were with Universal?

@  Shadow : (15 November 2017 - 05:32 PM)

I think its high time Nintendo opens up their own theme park based off all their franchise series.

@  Quickster : (14 November 2017 - 05:58 PM)

Speaking of movies, Nintendo and Universal are about to strike a deal to make a Mario movie.

@  Shadow : (13 November 2017 - 03:05 AM)

I know too much about movies.

@  Shadow : (13 November 2017 - 03:05 AM)

Just like how New Line axed a new Friday the 13th film this year being made because Rings bombed, so they figured it meant people weren't interested in horror movies and not the fact it sucked.

@  Shadow : (13 November 2017 - 03:04 AM)

Disney testing their brands if their was interest for sci fi films. But I guess after they got Star Wars all that crap went out the window for old IP's under them being revived.

@  RedAuthar : (12 November 2017 - 07:57 PM)

Honestly, why did they make a Tomorrowland movie?

@  Shadow : (11 November 2017 - 11:40 PM)

Well, not only was the second season cancelled despite it winning awards and having a huge fanbase but Disney up and went and axed Tron 3 because Tomorrowland bombed.

@  RedAuthar : (11 November 2017 - 10:53 PM)

I didn't watch Uprising, so I can't be bummed about it. Actually that's why I didn't watch it. So I wouldn't be bummed when the second season doesn't happen

Photo

You Least Favorite Moment On Sonicx

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:09 PM

Worst part:  the annoying anime cliches.

Bad voice acting...

Background characters acting very dumb...

Epic moments being overused with character's sighs/groans...

Grown ups acting like immature children (or even babies)...

Human characters having weird hairdoos...

Anime does have some pros, but I really get tired of seeing the same thing in every anime.

As for a specific scene, it's kind of tricky, but I have three irks:

1. Anytime Amy gets fangirly obsessed with Sonic.  She wasn't bad all the time, but sometimes her actions made me embarrased watching the show in front of my parents.

2. Anytime Knuckles is portrayed or being referred to as dumb by the other characters.  At least Cream still respects him...

3. Anytime a human character (especially Chris) acts like a crybaby.  It maybe a cliche of anime, but still it is pretty embarrising.

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery_51493_212_294091.png

#82 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

Whenever Chris is on screen.  

Behold, the Heart of the World,
Progenitor of Life, Father and Mother, 
Alpha and Omega, Our Creator...
And Our Destroyer.

#83 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:14 PM

Everything about it. I'd rather put up with the bad musical numbers from Sonic Underground than get through a single episode.

#84 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:17 AM

Well, at least the English opening is better than anything Underground ever coughed up.  I did like the bit in the first episode where Sonic is drowning in the pool, and he's trying to run his way out, and they start playing the "Drowning" theme.

And Our Destroyer.

#85 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 522 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:20 AM

Well, at least the English opening is better than anything Underground ever coughed up.  I did like the bit in the first episode where Sonic is drowning in the pool, and he's trying to run his way out, and they start playing the "Drowning" theme.

Yep, of all the places to land Sonic creates a huge cannonball in a rich kid's swimming pool.  His fear of water was really hyped up in this series, but at least that fear did give him some breadth in his stale persona.  Cruise Blues, anyone?

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery_51493_212_294091.png

#86 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:27 PM

The series would've been more tolerable if they had replaced Chris with Helen instead. She was way more relatable and sympathetic than Chris ever was, and her episode with Sonic was one of the better episodes of the entire anime.

#87 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,381 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:25 PM

The series would've been more tolerable if they had replaced Chris with Helen instead. She was way more relatable and sympathetic than Chris ever was, and her episode with Sonic was one of the better episodes of the entire anime.

True, but unfortunately, Not a lot of Sonic's Adventures would be Wheelchair accessible.  I feel it would belittle the character and the show itself if they were constantly finding ways to get her around or alternatively not allowing her on the adventures because of her condition.  Is it doable?  Absolutely, but if it's done wrong, it would make things worse.  

Though, If I were to do the show with Helen instead of Chris, I'd probably tie her into the Tornado's transformations.  Perhaps Tails attempted to build something to help her get around that he later replicated into the Tornado's walker design.  I'd also play off the fact that her family isn't Rich.  There isn't unlimited funds which means Sonic and co would have access to the state of the art equipment and there'd be less grounds to hideout on compared to the huge mansion.  Not saying their dirt poor, but what Chris sorta provides is a good hiding place and unlimited funds in which to equip and have wild adventures with.  Helen's family can't do that.  So rather let it be a hindrance, have the show use it.  Have Sonic frequently take her places she can't normally visit.  Rather than attempting to hide Sonic and Co from her Parents, involve them nearly from the start, and allow them to fill in roles on the team that they probably never would have before.  

There'd be a lot of different angles you could take this one.  

#88 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:23 PM

I sorta liked the character of Chuck Thorndyke though, so I'd probably keep him as Helen's grandfather. His laboratory/garage would probably serve as a better outlet for building and storing equipment than just leaving it in the house, and the attic would probably be a suitable hiding place for the Mobians since hardly anyone visits their attics. It'll be like "E.T." meets "Back to the Future".

Though looking back at it now, it's hard trying to picture Chuck without hearing Rick Sanchez's voice.

#89 Dav246

Dav246

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:19 PM

I always thought that Chuck Thorndike was kind of a shoutout to Sir Charles. Like Chuck is the human version of Uncle Chuck. Thoughts?

#90 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:46 PM

I always thought that Chuck Thorndike was kind of a shoutout to Sir Charles. Like Chuck is the human version of Uncle Chuck. Thoughts?

If he were an uncle, maybe. But Chuck is a pretty common name so it's still unknown whether this was a direct reference or not.

If there was a more obvious shoutout to SatAM in "Sonic X", it would've been the return of the Power Rings. But I also noticed that the squirrels that inspired Sally's look (Ricky) have blue eyes exclusively in the anime, which could be another possible homage.

#91 Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben

The Bee's Knees, The Cat's Pajamas, The Whole Shebang

• Moderators
  • 13,205 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:18 PM

I sorta liked the character of Chuck Thorndyke though, so I'd probably keep him as Helen's grandfather. His laboratory/garage would probably serve as a better outlet for building and storing equipment than just leaving it in the house, and the attic would probably be a suitable hiding place for the Mobians since hardly anyone visits their attics. It'll be like "E.T." meets "Back to the Future".

Though looking back at it now, it's hard trying to picture Chuck without hearing Rick Sanchez's voice.

Wait, Chuck and Rick are voiced by the same guy?

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that he once put Helen Mirren in a dishwasher, and that at the Winter Olympics he was disqualified from the skeleton event for riding down the hill on an actual skeleton. All we know is he’s called the Stig!”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

#92 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:24 PM

Wait, Chuck and Rick are voiced by the same guy?

No, though that would've been pretty funny if it were.

Both characters bear such a strong resemblance to each other that I can't help but hear Rick's voice coming out of Chuck. Couple that with Chris' insecure personality and you got a perfect match for Morty.

It's likely that both Chuck and Chris were influenced by the same characters that spawned Rick and Morty, Doc Brown and Marty McFly from "Back to the Future".

#93 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,381 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:57 PM

If he were an uncle, maybe. But Chuck is a pretty common name so it's still unknown whether this was a direct reference or not.

If there was a more obvious shoutout to SatAM in "Sonic X", it would've been the return of the Power Rings. But I also noticed that the squirrels that inspired Sally's look (Ricky) have blue eyes exclusively in the anime, which could be another possible homage.

I think that was mentioned somewhere that the head translator never played the games or watched any of the cartoons, so if it is a reference it was likely either accidental or done by someone below him.  

#94 Clocktopus

Clocktopus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:59 PM

True, but unfortunately, Not a lot of Sonic's Adventures would be Wheelchair accessible.  I feel it would belittle the character and the show itself if they were constantly finding ways to get her around or alternatively not allowing her on the adventures because of her condition.  Is it doable?  Absolutely, but if it's done wrong, it would make things worse.  

Though, If I were to do the show with Helen instead of Chris, I'd probably tie her into the Tornado's transformations.  Perhaps Tails attempted to build something to help her get around that he later replicated into the Tornado's walker design.  I'd also play off the fact that her family isn't Rich.  There isn't unlimited funds which means Sonic and co would have access to the state of the art equipment and there'd be less grounds to hideout on compared to the huge mansion.  Not saying their dirt poor, but what Chris sorta provides is a good hiding place and unlimited funds in which to equip and have wild adventures with.  Helen's family can't do that.  So rather let it be a hindrance, have the show use it.  Have Sonic frequently take her places she can't normally visit.  Rather than attempting to hide Sonic and Co from her Parents, involve them nearly from the start, and allow them to fill in roles on the team that they probably never would have before.  

There'd be a lot of different angles you could take this one.  

Emotional impact, in an anime? How absurd! We can't have believable characters, we need everyone to be superheroes who are never challenged unless the script calls for it, then they just transform and win anyway.  Feelings?  Development? In a show for children? HA! Like anyone would watch a show like that. 

And Our Destroyer.

#95 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:11 AM

No, he's just another cartoon caricature of Albert Einstein. Nothing more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users