Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

Photo

Other Revival Ideas

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Miko_*

Guest_Miko_*
  • GUESTS

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:46 AM

Purchase more than 50% of each of the three companies' stock if you can afford it.

Sonic's worth about 8 billion. Which means you'd need at least 4 billion.

#22 Cheezmatt

Cheezmatt

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:18 PM

Time to start up that bake sale idea again, hey?
Posted Image

Aussie #3

#23 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:08 PM

Oh yeah, a bake sale is TOTALLY gonna help. Will you please buy a brownie for $4,000,000? There's no way we could lose. dry.gif
I won't give up! I will put SatAM Sonic back on the air!

#24 masterblaster

masterblaster

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:34 PM

You're gonig about this all wrong. You need celebrity endorsements!

Go to one of those rock concerts or movie screenings and get some celeb's autograph. Just make sure the paper you stick out in front of them is the Petition paper. Most of these guys don't know what you are handing them and they sign it anyway.

Take the signed petition and email it to TMZ saying "X actor/actress supposts the return of SATAM to the airwaves".

It's that easy.

Better yet, land a spot on the American idol Trial shows and Recite the SATAM theme before being booted off.

The Attention and acclaim SATAM would get would be Astronomical!!!

#25 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:25 PM

Sounds like a great idea if you enjoy getting sued.

9:06

#26 masterblaster

masterblaster

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:18 AM

Well, I was “somewhat” joking with my last comment.

But I was more or less serious about the celebrity endorsement and American Idol thing.

Someone other then Ben Hurst needs to come out of the woodwork for the show.

Come on, “Pants on the ground”? Do something stupid on national television and just be there with a SATAM poster or something.

Heck, go to one of those “Tea Parties” that are happening all of the time here in America dressed as a Sonic character. There’s some chick on SMS with a Sally costume. Get those two together with a sign saying “Down with the Dictator” or “Down with Tyranny”.

You’ll be so out of place that someone with a camera and microphone will come up to you and ask you for a story.

Be creative.

#27 Freya Manibrandr

Freya Manibrandr

Ein Fahrender Ritter

• F3 Staff
  • 777 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:40 AM

Not gonna happen, at least not in a way that will end well.

76561197990969478.png

#28 masterblaster

masterblaster

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:45 PM

The trick is to get average people interested in or talking about the show. People who aren’t online or have even heard of FUS or SMS. The DVD revival was one of those things. You could walk into a Wal Mart and buy the boxset. It was new (to the average joe) and a fresh take (the last video outing was on VHS and only a few eps.) on the SATAM show.

If someone, anyone outside of the internet is “still” talking about the show…a revival can still take place. And that revival doesn’t necessarily HAVE to be a new TV show, or Feature Film. It could just be a renewed “interest” in preexisting things with a SATAM label attached to them

#29 Freya Manibrandr

Freya Manibrandr

Ein Fahrender Ritter

• F3 Staff
  • 777 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:32 AM

Yes, but how many trekkie fans were there when the show and franchise got revived?

76561197990969478.png

#30 masterblaster

masterblaster

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:49 AM

I’m not gonna lie, SATAM is small minority in the vast universe of Sega Sonic franchises. But if you combine FUS, SMS, and the thousands of SATAM fans on DA into one pot. Suddenly your small minority is looking pretty big. And that’s just your online presence. That’s not including the SATAM fans offline who remember watching the show but just forgot about it.

The SATAM fanbase is fragmented in this regard. Especially in the realm of “revivals”. There have been some SATAM fans in the past that have given the revival a bad name. It shouldn’t just be “one” person that saves the franchise. It’s a joint effort. And if the community in general is weary of your intentions or doesn’t think you’re professional enough…you’re the captain of “RMS Revival” with no crew. And you’re going to sink, because your ego couldn’t see the iceburg heading your way.

United we stand, divided we fall, etc. etc.

Heck, go to one of those “Tea Parties” that are happening all of the time here in America dressed as a Sonic character. There’s some chick on SMS with a Sally costume. Get those two together with a sign saying “Down with the Dictator” or “Down with Tyranny”.

Palestinian protesters pose as Na'vi from "Avatar"

Hehheh…I can’t help but picture Palestinian protesters dressed up as Freedom Fighters raiding a Israeli tank with stones and rocks.

And you thought I was crazy!

#31 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:37 PM

I have to agree with you on that masterblaster.

Hey remember how I said I tried to get a lisence for the characters(that might have been on the petition thread, sorry)? Well, I kinda told you wrong. The first time I tried to bring SatAM back, I wrote to Mr. Don Mesa, SEGA's marketing director. Anyway, he wrote back saying he had gotten several letters like that, but that it's illegal to use our ideas. That's were the whole licensing idea came from. And while I've written to SEGA's licensing department a couple times, I never got a reply. I decided that I needed some evidence to convince SEGA to consider the license agreement.
I won't give up! I will put SatAM Sonic back on the air!

#32 Freya Manibrandr

Freya Manibrandr

Ein Fahrender Ritter

• F3 Staff
  • 777 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:10 PM

Ehhh, I don't see a point in forming a millitia for a show that only a small percentage of the profitable audience would actually give a shit about.

If you really want a franchise revival, nothing short of dangling a carrot in front of Sega's nose will do the trick. The question is, what this carrot is, and who is able to procure that carrot.

76561197990969478.png

#33 masterblaster

masterblaster

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:13 AM

The question is, what this carrot is, and who is able to procure that carrot.

Archie?

#34 ALIENwolve

ALIENwolve

That one guy that doesn't do anything.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (masterblaster @ Feb 22 2010, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The question is, what this carrot is, and who is able to procure that carrot.

Archie?
Nah. Obviously those characters are doomed to the forces of evil, as the cover shows.
This is a legally binding sentence.

#35 acstrife

acstrife

THE LAW!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 734 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:57 PM

In total agreement there.
Glory lasts forever

#36 masterblaster

masterblaster

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:16 AM

How about...

Da Bear?

#37 Ratty Randnums

Ratty Randnums

He of Little Sleep

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:38 AM

If Sega was interested in the Archie characters they wouldn't be wanting a more SoJ feel for the comic, and more sega characters in it. Besides it would be an embarrassment to them to have to resort to characters/a western property they didn't actually create. And judging by it's relatively small fanbase there's no reason for them to think they couldn't make something just as profitable and more appealing.
"I really think of life as a great expression of joy. And if you take yourself seriously you're going to be defeated I'm afraid.
...Maybe that is the whole recipe of life, is to be in on the joke. Because life is a joke and if you're not in on it you're out.
But if you're in on it, you can make it." - Vincent Price

"What have you got to lose? You know you come from nothing you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!"
- Eric Idle

#38 ALIENwolve

ALIENwolve

That one guy that doesn't do anything.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (masterblaster @ Feb 23 2010, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about...

Da Bear?
You may have something there. But he'd probably end up stealin' tha' show.
This is a legally binding sentence.

#39 Roareye

Roareye

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE (EthanHedgehog @ Feb 17 2010, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey remember how I said I tried to get a lisence for the characters(that might have been on the petition thread, sorry)? Well, I kinda told you wrong. The first time I tried to bring SatAM back, I wrote to Mr. Don Mesa, SEGA's marketing director. Anyway, he wrote back saying he had gotten several letters like that, but that it's illegal to use our ideas. That's were the whole licensing idea came from. And while I've written to SEGA's licensing department a couple times, I never got a reply. I decided that I needed some evidence to convince SEGA to consider the license agreement.

I have a knowledge of the situation SEGA has with it's licencing, and it's ability (or lack thereof) to produce it's own new merchandise. Believe me that any upcoming projects would need the approval of Jetix, which was recently bought by Disney. So you need Sega, Disney and whatever company owns DiC.

The truth is, however, these companies are not going to okay the licencing rights for a show with no development, no scripts and no actual new information to add to the already established (and long since abandoned) production line. Yes you will need names, like Ben Hurst, supporting it, but his name isn't going to be enough to showcase any real potential for a company that would have to part with money. He's not Tom Cruise, and regardless of how you may feel about that comparison, the fact is Mr Cruise makes money for definate. Ben Hurst does not. You need some definates for the companies, or some already pre-created works which showcase the scale (if it is even large enough in scale) of the project working in their financial favour.

It is cold, it is somewhat unfair and not a very pleasant reality, but that is business. SEGA Europe are the most fan-friendly company I've ever met, and even then SoJ are almost impossible to work with or get anything out of for their own fanbase. Sumo Digital had to actually fight for every character in Sega Superstars Tennis, because SoJ would refuse the rights without long winded and solid proof of why they should put the characters in there. SoJ are only trying to protect their property, but if they would make it so difficult for a company they hired and funded to make their own game, they're certainly not going to go easy on funding something for the fans.

QUOTE (Valerie Valens @ Feb 21 2010, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you really want a franchise revival, nothing short of dangling a carrot in front of Sega's nose will do the trick. The question is, what this carrot is, and who is able to procure that carrot.

The carrot would be some names willing and ready to work on the franchise, who have already gone out of their way to begin pre-development scripture, artwork, concepts and storyboards in their own time. Like a freebie of what they can expect from a group should they decide to fund them to create a finalised project. So Ben Hurst would need to spend unpaid time writing some scripts, you'd need a somewhat big-name artist willing to do prelimary art and rushes without being paid etc etc All in the hopes the pitch will be successful and they'll be in business, which is far from guaranteed. Also, what professional will happily work at their job for free? Big big obstacle.

QUOTE (masterblaster @ Feb 23 2010, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about...

Da Bear?

wink.gif
I am going to stress his show is not official. Sure it would tick all my aforementioned points (Scripts, art and animation etc all worked on at the preliminary and soon complete level for free) but neither myself nor Miranda are big names in the industry (As mentioned, this is an early portfolio project for our studio) and it's very unlikely SoJ would allow for a new SatAM show since they want to try and solidify everything into SegaSonic canon. I will be looking into licencing with SEGA, Disney and DiC later on for Blu-Ray releases of this (In small numbers) but it's unlikely to be a store release. Moreso it will be an order through DdS online service, and that's only if these companies give the okay to do it. Reason being that Full HD movie files that are 28 minutes long tend to be a little large for your standard download lol.

And as for getting names involved, I will be speaking to Ben Hurst at some point. I want to ask a favour and get some suggestions on a particularly difficult episode, but first I have to find out how to contact him. I'm finding his contact details difficult to find (Not surprising cos otherwise he'd be inundated with constant reams of "Bring bax SatAM! I will save yor show!" emails all the time xD

Roareye Black.

#40 masterblaster

masterblaster

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:32 AM

Sally, Rotor, Bunnie etc. have been portrayed outside of SATAM for many, comics, toys, chapter novel books, and even video game cameos.

People inside and outside the fandom have all gotten their fill on those characters. Whether it was solely from the DiC cartoon or Archie Comics…people can readily tell you if they “love” or “hate” charactesrs (such as)Sally from the get go.

But who is SATAM Fisher?

Nobody outside of the SATAM show will know him. And even then, only the diehard fan would even remotely know who you are talking about.

So if you take this remote unknown character and flesh him out to being a bad@$$ Freedom Fighter…then that just gets more people talking about SATAM and if fans across the aisle universally like him…that’s even better. As you have now established a “common ground” for people to jump into SATAM and…who knows…might get some people to buy the DVD to check out the official adventures of “the bear”.

If “the bear” can make SATAM cool across the spectrum, then he needs a toy line, various t-shirts, multiple action figures, a foreign language spin-off show! Etc. Etc.

:^D

But still, being a UK fan, I find it cool that you are using an obscure character from a 20 year old American cartoon and refreshing him for a 2010 audience. That IS…somewhat…another revival of SATAM. Be it “official” or “not” that’s still pretty cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users