Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Uncle Ben : (22 October 2017 - 04:42 PM)

a dartboard?

@  RedAuthar : (22 October 2017 - 04:32 PM)

Yeah, uh where did the name Ashura actually come from?

@  GamemasterAn... : (22 October 2017 - 12:42 PM)

Plus they missed a golden opportunity with him. After all there was this certain glitch that appeared in the games, so they could've called him...oh, I don't know...ASHURA?!?

@  RedAuthar : (22 October 2017 - 12:04 PM)

It kinda backfired.

@  RedAuthar : (22 October 2017 - 12:03 PM)

That was what they attempted to do with Scourge, make him more Reverse-Sonic instead of Anti-Sonic.

@  RedAuthar : (22 October 2017 - 12:03 PM)

It's still the same concept. It's the hero character, only evil. An Anti-Version. And if done right it can be interesting.

@  Shadow : (22 October 2017 - 11:39 AM)

Well in the case of Reverse Flash it was less the case of an evil version of him and more of a twisted fanboy from the future who wanted to become him.

@  RedAuthar : (21 October 2017 - 10:28 PM)

I always blamed DC Comics and Flash.

@  Uncle Ben : (21 October 2017 - 07:50 PM)

Point there.

@  Shadow : (21 October 2017 - 05:08 PM)

The doppelganger really is a played out idea that Ken Penders ripped off from Star Trek TOS, with the whole mirror universe.

@  Uncle Ben : (21 October 2017 - 06:12 AM)

I like the concept of the "Anti doppelganger" but I kinda doubt they would bring back the concept in IDW.

@  Ryuji : (20 October 2017 - 06:03 PM)

I just want my Scourge xP

@  Uncle Ben : (20 October 2017 - 03:01 PM)

I would like to see someone try to do something with her. I think there's potential that never got used.

@  Shadow : (20 October 2017 - 02:13 PM)

Well I'm fine with her not returning. Nothing exactly anything noteworthy done to miss her.

@  Sandata : (18 October 2017 - 02:15 PM)

Nice One Ben

@  Quickster : (18 October 2017 - 08:52 AM)

Or maybe they should have officially announced her retirement within the comic. :P

@  RedAuthar : (17 October 2017 - 10:02 PM)

Or maybe, just maybe, It's Maybelline

@  Uncle Ben : (17 October 2017 - 06:52 PM)

Or maybe they could have gone to the Winchester, grabbed a pint, and waited for all this to blow over. :P

@  RedAuthar : (17 October 2017 - 05:52 PM)

Or they should have left the robot version and never touched the real one.

@  Shadow : (17 October 2017 - 05:52 PM)

you mean like with the whole Brotherhood, or the the off panel exile of all the echidnas by Thrash?

Photo

Rate the last movie you saw

• Please log in to reply
1145 replies to this topic

#1141 MoKat

MoKat

Don't make Eliza-Death summon her Thanatos...

• Fellow FUSer
  • 727 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:54 PM

But I must say I don't get the hype. I think its pacing was bizarre, and it didn't seem to know whether it wanted to be a full-blown musical or not.

o.O; I thought the same thing after I saw it...especially about the weird pacing. Didn't mind Olaf tho'.

post-1851-0-51713600-1506363973.png

#1142 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:38 PM

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

8/10

A solid sequel from Marvel that captures the same fun as the original. It was nice that we finally got a villain who wasn't there to be a scowling bad guy to be blown up like other throw away Marvel villains. Kurt Russel as Ego was great in his role, and seemed perfectly reasonable in his goals up until one pivotal moment I won't spoil. The ultimate scene stealer was Yondu who every scene he had was filled with laughs. Although, I feel this film is not quite as good as the first one. The character Nebula felt dry and didn't bring much to the film, as I feel more time should have been dedicated to exploring Ayesha who was nothing more than a golden piece of wood. The middle half of the film drags once the characters visit Ego's planet and kind of sit around for a while. The appearance of Sly Stallone in the movie was a surprise, who I hope will return in a sequel. One of the stronger Marvel films to come out in recent years.

#1143 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,367 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:35 PM

Stallone isn't just a cameo either. His character is a legit one right outta the comics. An important one too. There's a good chance he and his team will be back.

#1144 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:07 PM

Alien Covenant

5/10

I found this a rather mediocre sequel that failed to do anything overly new with the Alien creature or the world. What Ridley Scott here has done is continue his Prometheus story,only this time make David the main character who is also the villain. This film on its own feels about on par with the last one, only with more of the xenomorph actually in it. Any intrigue he established in the last movie with the engineers is written off in a abrupt flashback which seemed to only add more disappointment to them as poorly thought out in general, with fans having much more interesting ideas of where to have taken them. Rather than focus on the fear of the Alien being an unstoppable horror and surprising us with new things from it, Ridley Scott has turned his sci fi tale into a self indulgent story about creationism. I find the character David an allegory for how egotistical and up his own ass the director is. Making bible references in your sci fi horror is not deep or meaningful. It's tripe. Just like this movie.

#1145 randomizer

randomizer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:16 AM

Leo the Lion (2013). A film I was more or less dared to watch. I don't think I can give it a rating because it is so incomprehensibly bad that it's good. Kind of like Sharknado, but in an entirely different league of bad. I recommend watching it for the sheer WTF factor, which increases exponentially with running time. If you get motion sickness or are easily disoriented, I recommended skipping the first 90 seconds.

#1146 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:11 PM

Shin Godzilla

6/10

Well I had some hype for this movie, as this was a radical new take on Godzilla. After all these years Toho finally took a risk on reinventing Godzilla to be something different than the same old lizard that saves humanity from another monster. While this new version I feel is not as cool looking as the Legendary Godzilla, it does have an interesting evolution. What ultimately is wrong with the movie is the complete hollowness of it. Their are no real characters set up, as they are just walking mouthpieces who sit down and talk about government things for most of the movie. What should have been witnessed is more carnage from the ground view of people being trapped and crushed in the devastation left behind, holding back on what the aftermath of disaster survivors go through and the trauma that no real Godzilla movie has yet to touch. The effects for a japanese film were pretty good considering this Godzilla was CGI...although its smaller forms do look incredibly dodgy. The climax of the movie was very anti-climatic with Godzilla not so much defeated but temporarily halted until the next movie rolls around. It feels relatively on par with the last American remake, and could use some fun the 1998 remake had.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users