Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

Photo

Fuck Sarah Palin

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:20 PM

Inhibitor, I'm fine with people having other views. You need too, its only natural. But don't follow up with your "I'm trying be be tolerable" then bluntly say "And just for the record, you're not 'attracted' to other men, you're just confused". Thats not trying to be tolerable.

Wanna say what you think? Fine. I'll support that. But don't BS with being tolerable then follow up with a blunt statement like that. Say "personally I think its just confusion" Or something.

Do that again (Being a rude twat over it) and I'll ban you. I'm fine with other peoples views but I don't take pricks who say words like that specifically to cause trouble or hurt others lightly.

Lets try to learn some manors, be polite and THEN say our views.

Sound good buddy boy, Inhibitor?

#42 Ratty Randnums

Ratty Randnums

He of Little Sleep

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:07 PM

I recommend everybody just takes a breather.

Inhibitor - while a lot of the things you say here probably won't be agreed with by many people if any in the community, we we're not trying to bash you or your viewpoints. We merely question them, and would like reasons- as in evidence and proof for your ways of thinking. As Chief said we value different points of view and diversity in general amongst our community.

In a civil debate one side may expose the other to new evidence and lines of reason that both can benefit from may be exchanged. Such (civil) debates are almost always a boon for intelligent or at the least interesting discussion in any community. "An unexamined life" after all. I've been extra snarky myself, probably from the lack of sleep and stress of finals and for that I apologize. But to pretend to know someone else's, or indeed millions of people's minds better than they do without a scrap of evidence. To present your opinions as facts and make assumptions all over the place about what is right and wrong, natural and unnatural -again- all without evidence. What people and even what innocent species are and are not worthy of attempts at compassion and understanding. Well I believe just about anyone would be rubbed the wrong way, and rightfully so.

But the point is it's not too late for intelligent, civil debate. I suggest that we move such a debate into a topic created for it if we do though, rather than continuing on in a thread about a whacky, stupid and sadly very dangerous politician. Doesn't set the right tone.
"I really think of life as a great expression of joy. And if you take yourself seriously you're going to be defeated I'm afraid.
...Maybe that is the whole recipe of life, is to be in on the joke. Because life is a joke and if you're not in on it you're out.
But if you're in on it, you can make it." - Vincent Price

"What have you got to lose? You know you come from nothing you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!"
- Eric Idle

#43 RedMenace

RedMenace

yup.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 839 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:30 PM

Oh, right. Almost forgot where this started. lol

#44 Ratty Randnums

Ratty Randnums

He of Little Sleep

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (RedMenace @ Dec 14 2010, 03:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, right. Almost forgot where this started. lol

Lol yeah.
Also because I can't resist- one more piece of snark (a classic I assure you) this'll just give you some idea of what your arguments have thus far looked like from this side of the fence Inhibitor:
"I really think of life as a great expression of joy. And if you take yourself seriously you're going to be defeated I'm afraid.
...Maybe that is the whole recipe of life, is to be in on the joke. Because life is a joke and if you're not in on it you're out.
But if you're in on it, you can make it." - Vincent Price

"What have you got to lose? You know you come from nothing you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!"
- Eric Idle

#45 RedMenace

RedMenace

yup.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 839 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (Ratty Randnums @ Dec 13 2010, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a relief. Well, at least I now know it's natural. xD.png

#46 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:28 PM

What, her nice boobs are natural?

9:06

#47 RedMenace

RedMenace

yup.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 839 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (John Roberts @ Dec 14 2010, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What, her nice boobs are natural?

Only one of them, actually. The other two are plastic.

#48 Inhibitor

Inhibitor

Your Average Couch Potato

• FUS Reporter
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:17 AM

*after not visiting the topic for nearly a whole day*

Alright, alright. I am sorry. Its not my place to tell anyone whats right and whats wrong. I made a complete dick of myself and I feel terrible for that. Ratty, I hope you'll find it in your heart to forgive me, and put this argument behind us. Velvet, I'm not good with facts, but I know for sure I said some things that aren't true, so sorry for that. And Chief, I don't blame you for wanting to ban me, this has to be the 3rd unnecessary argument I've started. I set my opinions and views as facts and said things I wouldn't normally say. Again, you have my most sincere apologies.

#49 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

Don't worry about it man. Just gotta be more polite on some stuff. Word things better. Other then that I have no issues with your thoughts. We each got our own.

#50 Velvet D'Coolette

Velvet D'Coolette

Lurky lurker

• Gallery & Fic Moderator
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:34 PM

Edit: ah, fair enough. That's all right, Inhibitor, mate.

Why not check out my fanfiction?

Antoine's Adventure

http://www.fanfictio...ine-s-Adventure

Psychological adventure in which Antoine gets therapy.

Sonic and the Deliberate Mary Sue
http://www.fanfictio...rate-Mary-Sue-1 (approx. age 13 and up)
Mary Sue parody with an actual storyline.

Psychological original character reference sheets available from my DeviantArt account: http://palantean.deviantart.com/

#51 BigWigRah

BigWigRah

coming to a fridge near you

• Fellow FUSer
  • 611 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:24 AM

I'm not particularly crazy about Sarah Palin, but I do have a beef to pick with her critics and the media.

It's one thing to disagree with someone's policies and political ideas, as long as you have the ability to articulate your own belifs and back them up with a few facts. Sadly, the media has resorted to "Ad Hominem" arguments (i.e, X is immoral, so X's argument is false). I don't care if people disagree with Palin's ideas about government and the country, but I do have a problem with the immorality of the media going after her daughters, family, appearance, etc. At the very least, I can respect Palin because she was willing to stand by her principles against abortion even when her principles were tested by her daughter. It's one thing to hold principles and never have to actually live by them, but Palin certainly did in this case.

I can't say I disagree with any of her broad political ideas on the constitution, but I don't think she would be much good as a commander and chief of the army. Fortunately, I highly doubt she is going to run. She seems to be content with entering the entertainment/commentary biz a la Mike Huckabee, which is actually a better fit for her.
Who Is John Galt?

#52 FreakyFilmFan4ever

FreakyFilmFan4ever

The Resident Freaky Filmmaker

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (BigWigRah @ Jan 1 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sadly, the media has resorted to "Ad Hominem" arguments (i.e, X is immoral, so X's argument is false). I don't care if people disagree with Palin's ideas about government and the country, but I do have a problem with the immorality of the media going after her daughters, family, appearance, etc.

I agree, but the Palins kind of brought that upon themselves. Bristol was more than welcomed to turn down Dancing With The Stars, a show that draws media attention in it of itself. Sarah could have not made her own TV show on cable, which also draws media attention in it of itself. She could also not make up big words when she can't seem to think of a real word. As a result, whereas I don't seem to disagree with too much of her views, she just appears as being not very competent in the role of Presidency over the Unites States.

I think that's the catch 22 of politics. The road to presidency is through debates, where "Ad Hominem" arguments (bashing the person to disprove the person's argument) should be looked down upon. But then as president the person makes a lot of decisions based on how he or she is as a person, not entirely based on the points they made debating, and then potentially screws something over. And Sarah Palin might be able to be a better debater if she would just quit making up words, but the role of presidency should be based upon competence, which she doesn't appear to have any as shown during through all of the media she seems to have willingly bathed herself in.
I believe in what I want to believe in, you believe in what you want to believe in, so when someone wants to believe in something, no one will know what to believe!
Believe it or not...

StefanFilms
My Graphic Art Page

#53 Massagraf

Massagraf

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:21 PM

As a resident of the country with legal abortion, prostitution, softdrugs, euthanasia and gay marriage... yes, we all think Sarah Palin is a very amusing person.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users