Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Who Were The Freedom Fighters On The Northern Frontier?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Koreth

Koreth

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:58 PM

In the episode No Brainer, Robotnik leaves Robotropolis in Snivley's hands while he leaves to personally handle a freedom fighter uprising on the northern frontier. This thread is not about Snively's time in robotopolis. Rather, this thread is about those freedom fighters on the northern frontier. Apparently they were causing enough trouble that Robotnik felt it was necessary to go and handle them personally, but this is all the more mention of them made in the series.

So, let's have some fun here, and speculate. Who were these northern freedom fighters? Where did they come from? What were their capabilities? What were they up to that made them earn Robotnik's personal attention?

Any takers?

#2 MoKat

MoKat

Don't make Eliza-Death summon her Thanatos...

• Fellow FUSer
  • 766 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

If I could recall in which episode Dirk and Apollo were introduced, I'd have a good starting point. Didn't Sally introduce them as the leaders of the northern and southern freedom fighter groups?

post-1851-0-51713600-1506363973.png

#3 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:11 PM

Since I view the SatAM series as an alternate timeline from the Archie continuity, I simply interpreted it as the Artic Freedom Fighters (though Robotnik never specifically mentions how far north he traveled).

#4 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:15 PM

Well I'm curious as to who they are as well. If I remember correctly Dirk was the one from the North.

But Robotnik said that he took care of them. Which asks the question: Did Dirk survive or he's from a different "Northern Freedom Fighters?" I think he was a part of a different group from the North that was either allied with the group in question or knew of them.

Yet there's also Blast to the Past to think about: How much did that change the timeline (if it did)? Did this Northern group get the same attention or not?

What were they up to that made them earn Robotnik's personal attention?

Tactically speaking I doubt there was a certain incident. I think he was trying to minimize as much resistance as he could and he found the perfect opportunity to take them out.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#5 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:20 PM

Yeah Dirk was from the north if I remember right. And seeing as most of you day the same I'm sure we are right. Though he never does talk about any of his companions.

Ben has a interesting point about the blast to the past part. We know they managed to change the future..and are in aware of how much they actually changed it.
Thinking of just time travel and all that stuff in scifi a simple change in the past could hold multiple changes in the future.

So.. the possibility that the North didn't get wiped out is there. Or it could even be possible that the changes in blast to the past just allowed Dirk to survive.

Time travel and the infinit possibilities are fun.

#6 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:17 AM

I guess you can chalk up many of the show's inconsistencies to time travel paradoxes. Or even entire continuities, for that matter.

On one hand, you have the original timeline in which King Acorn survived Robotnik's coup d'etat and became a renegade and operative for the Freedom Fighters - as seen in "Sonic Boom". But then you have the timeline in which the time-traveling Sonic and Sally intervened with said events, thus preventing King Acorn from ever escaping and the events of season 2 occur.

If you go further back to when Naugus takes on an accomplice, he can take two possible options: Robotnik or Kodos. If he chooses Robotnik, the events depicted in SatAM unfold in which he seals Naugus inside the Void. If he chooses Kodos, Kodos tries to kill him but Naugus flees into the Zone of Silence instead - leading to the Archie continuity.

If we prevent the Great War from ever happening, things happen quite a bit differently. Instead of marrying Bernadette, Jules might've married Queen Aleena of Mobodoon instead, leading to the events depicted in "Sonic Underground".

If we prevent the creation of Angel Island, we get Planet Freedom from the OVA. Without an island to protect, Knuckles uses his emerald-tracking instincts to become a treasure hunter and both the Mobians and Overlanders live in harmony (except for Robotnik and his Shadowbots).

And finally, if we prevent the Xorda invasion of Earth, we're left with the future Earth of either the official games or the reboot Archie comics.

At least, that's my theory.

#7 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:53 AM

Man, that's a lot of different possibilities. 

Just based on Satam, I think the FF group was another red shirt group that gave enough trouble to rouse Robotnik's patience.  Robotnik did not appear agitated upon his return, so I guess the conflict ended in his favor which most likely led to the group being wiped out or robotocized.  During Satam's timespan, Robotnik probably travelled across Mobius to take out larger FF groups (FF who had the manpower and tech to pose as a militant threat); the reason why Knothole is his top priority is because 1. the base is close to his capital 2. King Acorn's heir is leading the group and 3.  Sonic has proved himself to be a thorn to his side.

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users