Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Adapting Sonic Adventure In Satam

Sonic Adventure SA SatAM

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:14 PM

Since it's gotten a bit quiet around here, I figured I'd try livening the forums up a bit.

We know that SatAM was an animated adaption meant to promote the Sonic the Hedgehog games, but what made it so unique (especially nowadays) was how far it went with the source material. Despite featuring Sonic, Tails, Robotnik and the power rings, the series as a whole was a totally different interpretation of the franchise in both direction and tone. If you removed them, it could easily be its own entity.

But despite its differences, there were moments when the cartoon would incorporate elements from the games into the mythos. The two-parter "Blast from the Past" had Sonic and Sally utilizing the Time Stones from "Sonic CD" to traverse time and Robotnik builds a giant pinball-themed fortress to trap Sonic in "Game Guy". Additionally, the Deep Power Stones share a lot of similarities with the Chaos Emeralds, being mystical gemstones that grant its users a super form to take down a threat (unused concept art also reveals that Super Sonic would've been used at one point).

For the canceled 3rd season, Hurst revealed that Knuckles would've made his debut and that Metal Sonic might've made an appearance as well. It's anyone's guess if Amy Rose, the Chaotix, the Death Egg, or even the actual Chaos Emeralds would've also appeared in future episodes since there's very little information available.

Had SatAM been revived as Ben Hurst originally intended back in 1997, do you think the series would've incorporated more SA1 elements into the mythos? If so, how do you picture the series handling it? I've already got a rough idea, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts first.

#2 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:24 PM

Had SatAM been revived as Ben Hurst originally intended back in 1997, do you think the series would've incorporated more SA1 elements into the mythos? If so, how do you picture the series handling it? I've already got a rough idea, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts first.

For the first question: Yes.  I'm sure the series would have jumped on the idea of having more continuity to work with.  Specifically since Adventure 1 would be so easy to adapt into the SatAM universe.  

For the Second question:  The first thing is will Robotnik be revived or would this be part of Snively's run?  If this is part of Snively's run, I'd have him be manipulated by Naugus (or if a post Naugus story arc a new character maybe).  If Robotnik is revived, this would be a good story to reintroduce him.  Keep him in the shadows though until the right time to reveal him pulling the strings.  

You could also give Chaos origins to Lazaar.  He could have created Chaos a long time ago.  This would help explain why he is credited as one of the most evil beings in existence.  Perhaps Chaos could even be the "evil" that is released when his computer is destroyed.  

#3 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:11 PM

Interesting choice. I always wondered what the big deal was with Lazaar's background.

Had SatAM been revived during SA1's release, I could see it being used as a clever way of introducing more game characters into the mix. Knuckles being tricked by Robotnik/Snively and Amy being a victim of kidnapping would be a convenient way of adapting their introductions through the SA1 storyline.

The plot of SA1 would also fit the show's pro-environmental motif, with Perfect Chaos representing the repercussions of war and utter destruction. The use of E-102 Gamma would also add a great deal of depth to Robotnik's use of robotic forces, providing an alternative outlook to the whole "robots are the bad guys" doctrine.

#4 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:27 PM

Gamma has a lot of potential. On one hand you can make him like a SWATbot, but one who gains free will and a conscience. This would allow for more Robotic/AI characters to be hero characters. You could even attach NICOLE to the situation by them having a rivalry/friendship/romance being some of the few sentient computers.
Alternatively however, he could also work as a robian. The whole robian concept came from the classic badniks having animals inside them. Gamma could easily be a weaponized robian who is slowly regaining his free will. This also makes his fight against his "brothers" more meaningful as they could roboticized family members.

#5 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:30 PM

The Robian idea is interesting, but I think Gamma's story works best as one of Robotnik's footsoldiers. Maybe he becomes a liberator upon learning Robotnik's attempts to erase the Freedom Fighters' free will.

There's also Tails' big moment where he proves himself to be a capable fighter against Eggman. That would definitely give his character some much-needed development considering how underutilized he was in the show.

And to make the world seem more intertwined, maybe the ancient Mandaras which Sally frequently mentions were part of the Echidna civilization.

#6 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:18 AM

I kind of doubt Satam and Adventure would have mixed if Satam did continue.  Adventure came about when Sega of Japan pretty much took over SOA, and they incorporated more of their cultural interests into Sonic's 3d breakthrough.  We know enough from history that SOJ didn't understand or appreciate SOA's attempts at creating the Mobian world, and they were willing to shut down every project that was tied to Satam/Archie after Sonic and Knuckles.  If Satam/Mobian Sonic still continued in the mainstream franchise, I doubt Sonic Adventure would ever took place, and so many of the story ideas (Chaos, Gamma, the echidnas) probably would have been non-existent. 

I always believe the tricky part to any Sonic writing is how to correlate with SOJ and SOA.  I would easily debunk a lot of the post-Sonic and Knuckles storylines because I believe they harm some of the quality of the Satam/early Archie Mobian storyline; but I can't deny that there is some good things that did come from Japan (constiancy with 7 chaos emeralds and one master emerald) and many modern Sonic fans are more familiar with Japan's concept of Sonic.  So in good writing, how much correlation is needed with the two sides, and how much should one side give in?

As far as trying to tie it into Satam, Chaos would either have to be separated from the Master Emerald (unless it is introduced into the storyline) or be the creation of something else.  Lazaar is a good candidate, but I believe his power is limited to his own computer of spells/ I don't think there is any indication that he messed with the powerful chaos emeralds (which is pretty much a plot device in the chaos story).  Maybe he did; if so, then his backstory has to be explained (like why he is the only human in Satam along with Robotnik and Snively).  Chaos may work better as a agent of the environment as Mobius' polluted stated could trigger a type of spiritual being to take vengence; if we follow this route, however, Chaos would most likely not be on Robotnik's side since he is a major cause for the destruction and carnage on Mobius.

I also would probably not attribute some of the ancient civilizations (Mauga) to the echidnas.  Satam has shown that Mobius has a variety of species and cultures, so why fall back on the same argument for every special event that happens in Mobius?  The echidnas can have a part with the chaos emeralds and possibly chaos, but they were only one culture, and they certainly didn't live in every geographical part of Mobius.  I would encourage writers to introduce new concepts and to break away from the shallow storylines seen in the games- try to incorporate what will make a good story, not a story that pleases every Sonic fan.

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#7 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:52 AM

I kind of doubt Satam and Adventure would have mixed if Satam did continue.  Adventure came about when Sega of Japan pretty much took over SOA, and they incorporated more of their cultural interests into Sonic's 3d breakthrough.  We know enough from history that SOJ didn't understand or appreciate SOA's attempts at creating the Mobian world, and they were willing to shut down every project that was tied to Satam/Archie after Sonic and Knuckles.  If Satam/Mobian Sonic still continued in the mainstream franchise, I doubt Sonic Adventure would ever took place, and so many of the story ideas (Chaos, Gamma, the echidnas) probably would have been non-existent. 

I dunno. "Sonic Underground" was created to promote SA1, and it took a LOT of creative liberties with the source material. Same thing happened with Archie and Fleetway, so this must've been before they enforced their control onto other regions. Had "Underground" been a revival of SatAM instead, as Hurst originally intended, I could imagine it continuing the story while utilizing elements from the games.

I doubt SatAM's continued existence would've prevented SA1 from ever happening. I mean, "Sonic CD" and S3&K were released during SatAM's airtime and they didn't hinder anything. They were different continuities and both SatAM and Archie simply adapted their material into their worlds.

I always believe the tricky part to any Sonic writing is how to correlate with SOJ and SOA.  I would easily debunk a lot of the post-Sonic and Knuckles storylines because I believe they harm some of the quality of the Satam/early Archie Mobian storyline; but I can't deny that there is some good things that did come from Japan (constiancy with 7 chaos emeralds and one master emerald) and many modern Sonic fans are more familiar with Japan's concept of Sonic.  So in good writing, how much correlation is needed with the two sides, and how much should one side give in?

Like what exactly? I mean, if SatAM managed to turn the goofy Dr. Eggman into the serious Dr. Robotnik, I don't see how difficult it would be to adapt other elements into the show.

Adding Knuckles is a given since many enthusiasts had been waiting for his long-expected appearance and his backstory of being the last of his kind could still translate into both SatAM and SA1's storylines. Amy shouldn't be that difficult to incorporate, considering a number of villagers living in Knothole. Same thing with Big (even though his inclusion isn't exactly necessary to the storyline).

Really, the only thing that I could see as problematic is Station Square. Since SatAM left humanity's presence vague, it would probably disrupt the mood of the show. But the final battle with Perfect Chaos still took place in a city, right? So why not have it set in Robotropolis instead? I could picture that being pretty deadly as well.

As far as trying to tie it into Satam, Chaos would either have to be separated from the Master Emerald (unless it is introduced into the storyline) or be the creation of something else.  Lazaar is a good candidate, but I believe his power is limited to his own computer of spells/ I don't think there is any indication that he messed with the powerful chaos emeralds (which is pretty much a plot device in the chaos story).  Maybe he did; if so, then his backstory has to be explained (like why he is the only human in Satam along with Robotnik and Snively).  Chaos may work better as a agent of the environment as Mobius' polluted stated could trigger a type of spiritual being to take vengence; if we follow this route, however, Chaos would most likely not be on Robotnik's side since he is a major cause for the destruction and carnage on Mobius.

I can picture the Master Emerald acting as some sort of a mystical key or barricade that sealed Chaos away for thousands of years. Once a peaceful creature, it went berserk when its power was abused by the Echidna tribes for warfare. In a fit of rage akin to the atomic bomb, the creature became too powerful for them to control and wound up destroying them. Fortunately, a young priestess managed to seal away the creature with a powerful spell and sent its location away so that no one could free it.

I can imagine this sort of story being passed down as a legend, leading to many wannabe-warlords like Robotnik (or maybe Snively) desiring to control it and use it against their enemies. As for how they know about the legend, maybe they learned it from Naugus, or some long-forgotten data file or book?

Personally, I have my own idea for what it could be, but it wouldn't make sense chronologically-speaking.

I also would probably not attribute some of the ancient civilizations (Mauga) to the echidnas.  Satam has shown that Mobius has a variety of species and cultures, so why fall back on the same argument for every special event that happens in Mobius?  The echidnas can have a part with the chaos emeralds and possibly chaos, but they were only one culture, and they certainly didn't live in every geographical part of Mobius.  I would encourage writers to introduce new concepts and to break away from the shallow storylines seen in the games- try to incorporate what will make a good story, not a story that pleases every Sonic fan.

I picked the Mandaras specifically because of their legacy. Apart from them being an ancient culture that mysteriously disappeared, the Mandaras also built Mayan-like structures and had powerful artifacts which grant the user(s) incredible powers. The semblance was uncanny and I thought it would make perfect sense to mash the two together.

I'm not saying they were the only ancient civilization on Mobius, but they certainly had the greatest influence in SatAM's narrative. It only made sense to me to combine the two.

#8 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:48 PM

I feel their would have to be some explanations given once Station Square would be introduced. Mainly on why Robotnik had been unable to conquer it yet.

#9 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:22 PM

I disagree.  Adventure was originally intended to be an RPG and have a much darker tone than the earlier Sonic games.  The only reason it remained a platformer was they thought the RPG elements would alienate too many long term fans.  If SatAM was still continuing at this time, I'd honestly think it would be influencing SOJ as much as the reverse.  We'd probably have a more united Fanbase than we do now.  

As far as trying to tie it into Satam, Chaos would either have to be separated from the Master Emerald (unless it is introduced into the storyline) or be the creation of something else.  Lazaar is a good candidate, but I believe his power is limited to his own computer of spells/ I don't think there is any indication that he messed with the powerful chaos emeralds (which is pretty much a plot device in the chaos story).  Maybe he did; if so, then his backstory has to be explained (like why he is the only human in Satam along with Robotnik and Snively).  

I always interpreted that the Computer was what Lazaar created.  That all the spells are in it because he put them there.  Otherwise it'd be just an ordinary Jumpdrive.  Made out of a crystal...thing.

That's a good idea.  You could easily tie in other races or civilizations into this backstory.  Perhaps the enemy in the great war?  Maybe Lupe's Tribe might be connected or involved.  Or throw in the spirit owl guy from Blast to the Past Part 1, and make it his people.  

I feel their would have to be some explanations given once Station Square would be introduced. Mainly on why Robotnik had been unable to conquer it yet.

The easy answer would be that Robotnik doesn't control all of Mobius.  We know for sure he took over the Kingdom of Acorn, but I don't believe that consisted of the whole planet.  The only reason we see so much of Robotnik and the Knothole Freedom Fighters and so little of any other group is likely due to the location.  This is Robotnik's main fortress.  His base of operations.  It is nearly impossible for outside help to get in there.  Also Knothole would be much easier to discover if large caravans of supplies and troops were being shipped in, forcing them to be self-sufficient.  

Station Square could be an independent Nation Compared to Knothole/Kingdom of Acorn.  The big question would be is it Human population or Mobian?

#10 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:52 AM

I disagree.  Adventure was originally intended to be an RPG and have a much darker tone than the earlier Sonic games.  The only reason it remained a platformer was they thought the RPG elements would alienate too many long term fans.  If SatAM was still continuing at this time, I'd honestly think it would be influencing SOJ as much as the reverse.  We'd probably have a more united Fanbase than we do now.  

As far as trying to tie it into Satam, Chaos would either have to be separated from the Master Emerald (unless it is introduced into the storyline) or be the creation of something else.  Lazaar is a good candidate, but I believe his power is limited to his own computer of spells/ I don't think there is any indication that he messed with the powerful chaos emeralds (which is pretty much a plot device in the chaos story).  Maybe he did; if so, then his backstory has to be explained (like why he is the only human in Satam along with Robotnik and Snively).  

I always interpreted that the Computer was what Lazaar created.  That all the spells are in it because he put them there.  Otherwise it'd be just an ordinary Jumpdrive.  Made out of a crystal...thing.

That's a good idea.  You could easily tie in other races or civilizations into this backstory.  Perhaps the enemy in the great war?  Maybe Lupe's Tribe might be connected or involved.  Or throw in the spirit owl guy from Blast to the Past Part 1, and make it his people.  

The easy answer would be that Robotnik doesn't control all of Mobius.  We know for sure he took over the Kingdom of Acorn, but I don't believe that consisted of the whole planet.  The only reason we see so much of Robotnik and the Knothole Freedom Fighters and so little of any other group is likely due to the location.  This is Robotnik's main fortress.  His base of operations.  It is nearly impossible for outside help to get in there.  Also Knothole would be much easier to discover if large caravans of supplies and troops were being shipped in, forcing them to be self-sufficient.  

Station Square could be an independent Nation Compared to Knothole/Kingdom of Acorn.  The big question would be is it Human population or Mobian?

I think Satam has it set up that Robotnik is in control of the whole planet.  There maybe pockets of individuals who are still defying Robotnik's rule (Season2 had Robotnik go to deal with the FF up "north"), but there is no significant threat to Robotnik's empire expect for Knothole's FF (probably due to their location, Princess Sally, and obviously Sonic).  I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to include the same Station Square that is seen in Sonic Adventure: maybe instead of Station Square we could use a different Mobian nation across the ocean/sea with another FF group.  I think a lot of that would be dependent on Chaos' origin and purposes as we were discussing earlier in the forum.  It may work better if it was a Mobian FF group that freed Chaos to attack Robotnik instead of SA's approach of Robotnik freeing the creature for his own purpose.

As for humans, I think the less humans, the better.  This is Mobius, not a alternate earth.  In Satam, the only humans we encounter are Robotnik, Snively, and Lazaar.  On the other hand, Satam shows use various other species that seem to make up the majority of Mobius.  I think it would be easier to add more human characters if we saw Satam doing it, but as I said before, we only have three humans in the entire show: one is a great wizard who has been asleep for centuries, and the other two are uncle and nephew (blood relations).  Using Archie Sonic I think helps with explaining other humans on Mobius and the existance of Station Square, but if we are just using Sonic Satam as the main setting, I have a harder time seeing a fully incorporated human Station Square in a Mobius under Robotnik's 10 year tyranny.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#11 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:05 PM

If Station Square is required to make an appearance in the adaption, I don't see anything wrong with it being an isolated colony separated from Mobian civilization. You could have it be the home where Robotnik once lived before he came to Mobotropolis. I mean, two related humans in a society dominated by anthropomorphic animals had to originate from somewhere (unless you prefer Hurst's original time-traveling idea).

As for Lazaar, was he supposed to be human? His elven appearance combined with his Yoda-esque dialect gives me the impression that he might've been something else.

#12 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:18 PM

SatAM_Lazaar1.jpg

Lazaar could be human.  He also could be some elf species thing.  

#13 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:23 AM

If you're going by the pre-SGW Archie canon, I would make the argument that Lazaar was some sort of Overlander. Since they were human degenerates, it's not surprising that they would take on more animalish features.

Considering his usage of magical technology, I wouldn't be surprised if Lazaar was an ancient Technomage.

#14 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:03 AM

I always assumed Lazaar was a human.  I guess I didn't notice the ears, but he is supposed to fit the steorotyped wizard (long nose, long beard, etc.).

gallery 51493 212 294091

#15 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:40 AM

So to be fair either way Lazaar is the wild card. 

I don't think there'd be anything wrong making Station Square Populated by Mobians.  Heck this would be post Season 2, we could even say Station Square was built by the Mobians after Robotnik was defeated over old Robotropolis.  Having a "Station Square" is a must but who populates, what it is called, and where it is, it not so much.  

#16 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:55 PM

Just say Lazaar is a wizard and that him and Naugus are the same species. That they vary greatly in looks. Also I feel that their should be mobians living in Station Square. It would be a jarring shift if their was just suddenly people and no mobians around.

#17 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:08 PM

I don't think there'd be anything wrong making Station Square Populated by Mobians.  Heck this would be post Season 2, we could even say Station Square was built by the Mobians after Robotnik was defeated over old Robotropolis.  Having a "Station Square" is a must but who populates, what it is called, and where it is, it not so much. 

But wouldn't Snively's presence be a problem for them?

If Station Square is too problematic to incorporate into the SatAM universe, I don't see anything wrong with excluding it from the hypothetical adaptation. I mean, it doesn't bear that much importance to the plot as a whole, it's just another city that Eggman desires to destroy. You could easily replace it with Knothole and the Great Forest and still get the same results.

#18 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:34 AM

Concur with you.  If you did decide to keep Station Square, I would go with the Mobian population to keep it more intact with the Satam universe.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#19 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:24 PM

Had the show gone on to adapt SA2 as well, I can imagine the space colony ARK tieing directly into Hurst's original plans for Robotnik originating from a space station.

Who knows? Maybe the ARK was the reason why the animals of Earth survived and evolved into the Mobians, and project Shadow was the indirect ancestor to Sonic. But that's a whole other can of worms.

#20 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:41 PM

But wouldn't Snively's presence be a problem for them?

Depends.  When would take place in the timeline?  How much of a threat was Snively?  What would have ol "Red Eyes" done?  Since the third season never happened we don't actually know how much of an effect Snively would have had on Mobius.  And even if he was, would he be defeated during the Adventure arc?  There's not good answer for this question so I've been function on the belief that Adventure would be Season 4ish and Season 3 would be over at this point in time.

If Station Square is too problematic to incorporate into the SatAM universe, I don't see anything wrong with excluding it from the hypothetical adaptation. I mean, it doesn't bear that much importance to the plot as a whole, it's just another city that Eggman desires to destroy. You could easily replace it with Knothole and the Great Forest and still get the same results.

There does need to be a "Station Square".  But that Station Square could be Knothole, Robotropolis, Mobotropolis, Griff's Town, Lupe's Village, Dirk and/or Pollo's areas, etc.  

Concur with you.  If you did decide to keep Station Square, I would go with the Mobian population to keep it more intact with the Satam universe.

Easily done.  Humans don't even have to be part of the equation.  xD

Well...Okay Robotnik and Snively should be part of the equation.  

Had the show gone on to adapt SA2 as well, I can imagine the space colony ARK tieing directly into Hurst's original plans for Robotnik originating from a space station.

Who knows? Maybe the ARK was the reason why the animals of Earth survived and evolved into the Mobians, and project Shadow was the indirect ancestor to Sonic. But that's a whole other can of worms.

Maybe to soon to open that can of worms but...
You could use Ark, or the battle of Ark as the excuse why there are no more Humans.  Maybe Robotnik and Snively are the only survivors?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sonic, Adventure, SA, SatAM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users