Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

My Sonic Satam Cel- Info?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:57 PM

http://www.ebay.ca/i...l-/251988725970

Is this the seller?

#22 WaspPlague

WaspPlague

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:16 PM

Sorry for the real late reply...Ive tried to get my hands on Primes contact info and have had no luck sadly.  I even asked the original owner of FUs if she had any recent contact info on him but she does not.

I will keep hunting around though.  Prime really is awesome at anything collectible. 

Thanks so much, Chief! That would be awesome if you could get a hold of Prime, but don't sweat it if you're unable to. Thanks again for going above and beyond!

Yeah that's the guy. I actually bought the cel from his US ebay store. It looks like he's selling another cel he has (he told me he had several in his possession). It looks like the price is marked up at $175 now- I bought mine for $150 from him.

#23 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:11 AM

Is this topic so great that you can't talk about all of the other topics?

#24 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:42 PM

Um... what?

#25 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:54 PM

Um... what?

Nevermind. Ignore it. I was in a bad mood.

#26 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:36 PM

I ended up contacting the seller privately and bought one for myself. Behold!
1WIBwPv.jpg

#27 Prime

Prime

Shuffle up the Wildcards! And deal 'em!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:41 PM

Well what's been said about this cel has been said already. I guess this could be considered a "hanken" cel, key word here being "could". Hanken cels are animation cels that are created for copyright/promotional purposes and are never actual production cels, meaning they weren't used within the production of the actual shows. Hanken cels are one of a kind cels and are always of a much higher standard, often made by the studios top animators, then regular production cels because they are the ones that might be used on packaging or other promotion material. Where this differs from an actual Hanken cel would be the fact there are multiple copies of this cel.

When it comes to actual SatAM cels used during the making/production of the series itself, there only seems to be three types of cels that are known, at least to the best of my knowledge, been out of the cel game for a while, but these are the ones I always seem to see:

. Cels from the opening credits of the show.

. Cels from the episode "Sonic and Sally", so far cels from only two sequences of the episode have been found.

. Cels from the "original opening" of the show. Although often called the "original opening", it would be more accurate to call it a promo reel used to promote the show to the network to let them see what the show could look like. DiC had done a similar promo for "The Real Ghostbusters" back in 86 which had numerous differences to the finished version of that show. And a small snippet of this original SatAM footage does exist on a Youtube video which seems to have been recorded at a gaming expo back in early 1993.

There is other production material of SatAM that does exist however. You can actually find numerous handpainted backgrounds, model sheets, script outlines, the original Bible for the series and other pieces on the main FUS website, but when it comes to genuine production cels from the series, the above three examples seem to be the only ones that have made it out to the public. And keep in mind the "original opening" cels were never seen on TV, so it is up to you if you wish to class them as production cels since that footage was never intended to be seen by the public.

In recent years I have picked up a few model sheets and one of interest is a color model sheet of an early version of Bunnie Rabbot. Before her final design was decided upon, one such look for her included having her entire chest having been roboticized. This early version of her made one official appearance in the Archie comics on a pin-up in I believe #1 or #2 of the original mini-series before her actual debut in the comic.

'Star Wars' is my story, just like my house is my house. So if I wanna paint my house green, even if everyone else thinks it should be red, guess what? I'm gonna paint it Jar Jar! - George Lucas

"The Devil Inside is the new scam from director William Something Something. The movie stars actors and was edited on a computer. Somewhere. This movie is the latest film in a series of very low budget films designed to look like real movies! And be released in theaters to make a quick buck via a horribly off kilter budget to profit ratio that the general public seem to be stupidly unaware of! These films use to be called 'direct to video' but now they are called 'first run features'. These films then vanish from the theaters, like a rapist leaving the scene of a crime." - Mike Stoklasa of RedLetterMedia

#28 Scott Reese

Scott Reese

Geezer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:34 AM

Is that..... *squints* Naw, couldn't be. Prim e, old buddy ol' pal?

#29 nzoomed

nzoomed

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:37 PM

I remember seeing this for sale on ebay at that time last year.

I did not think much of it, because I just assumed its promotional material, and at the time I was more interested in finding an actual production cel from the show. (which i know is not easy to find, but a few have turned up on ebay)

Anyway, I was a bit stupid and would have bid now if i had a second chance.

If I cant locate a copy, I would be very tempted to get one drawn.

#30 nzoomed

nzoomed

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:25 AM

I ended up contacting the seller privately and bought one for myself. Behold!
1WIBwPv.jpg

Do you know if any more are available?

I would be keen to get my hands on one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users