Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  furrykef : (17 March 2019 - 02:30 PM)

I mostly just check in to validate new users and to zap spambots. Obviously, we get far, far more spambots.

@  randomizer : (17 March 2019 - 12:08 AM)

I pop in every couple of days but I don't really have much to say so I mostly just lurk.

@  wildfire : (15 March 2019 - 11:33 PM)

Not looking for anything particular here, but since we got people checking daily, I thought I'd point out that I posted a new topic in SatAM Chat. Show a guy some love and check it out.

@  wildfire : (15 March 2019 - 10:56 PM)

bout the same for me too. I honestly don't remember at this point.

@  Shadow : (14 March 2019 - 01:50 PM)

I been here since I was 14 years old.

@  John Roberts : (14 March 2019 - 12:39 AM)

I lurk, too. Sometimes. Maybe us seniors should just meet up at a retirement village.

@  John Roberts : (14 March 2019 - 12:38 AM)

Hiho Wildfire!

@  wildfire : (13 March 2019 - 10:39 PM)

It doesn't help that everything i post on dies. But seriously, I do try and poke my head in from time to time. FUS was family to me for several years. I doubt I'll ever truly leave.

@  Shadow : (11 March 2019 - 04:43 PM)

I did mention before on the idea of a monthly podcast channel.

@  ShenFNWoo : (11 March 2019 - 06:06 AM)

Yeah, it's that kind of thinking that keeps this place dead, mang :\

@  wildfire : (10 March 2019 - 07:42 PM)

I still pop in from time to time. I'm like a professional lurker. As a senior member I think its fair to say I've earned that right. ;) Miss you guys.

@  ShenFNWoo : (10 March 2019 - 07:18 AM)

Rereading that, a lot of that came out completely wrong. But then again, it is a shoutbox, I don't know what the max word count is on the thing.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:25 AM)

As I've said many times before... IF the problem is that they themselves can't do it, then the guys running this place could possibly outsource in some form or fashion to people with more time to help work on this comic here. There's clearly people willing to pay for it, and even crowdfunding might be an option.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:23 AM)

There's really nothing stopping us. All we have to do is want to do this stuff.

Dr. Phil once said bored people are boring. Why a clinical psychologist who admits that most of the problem is of a functional nature within a patient's brain would believe this, I don't know, but there IS truth to that. Those who can't find something to try to work with to have or make a good time are usually just devoid of character themselves.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:21 AM)

I have a friend that's working on our game concept ideas who has major depression and horrible anxiety, 3 kids and a horrible job that takes up most of his day. He constantly gets on some of our team member's cases (even mine) about how there's 24 hours a day, and how Schwartzenegger's motivational speech can do wonders for us.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:19 AM)

OR we can make our own sonic stuff, and put together something that could tide us over until the 'official' sea3on starts back up.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:18 AM)

We're all here because we like Sonic. We want more of it. When there is no Sonic to speak of, we could EASILY branch off into other topics, and continue discussing that stuff instead.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 07:00 AM)

Like, disagreements will NOT murder your world. You'll live. There were intense discussions that kinda just faded into dust. Most here seem to be polarized hard in either direction. People who're too conservative, and then those who swallow libtard nonsense regarding gamergate. And when disagreement that strong appears, people want it shut down. At this point, if I were running the place, I'd take any and all discussion

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 06:58 AM)

And I'm not just talking about what happens with me. Nothing extracurricular around here gets much of any attention. People seem to be afraid to get their thoughts challenged, so they just get dissuaded from participating.

@  ShenFNWoo : (09 March 2019 - 06:56 AM)

Like, there are artists here and writers here. I draw something for you guys, and sometimes I get a reply, but for the most part, people just look at it and go about their business. Don't you WANT more content being posted?

Photo

More New Stuff

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:44 PM

Alright so we now have a section for game reviews. Not just Sonic Game reviews that saber16 puts onto the forum every weekend, but game reviews for a multitude of different games. There are a few people involved in this project of ours but.. I would like a few more. If you would like to be a FUS Staff Game Reviewer (fancy huh?) just let me know in here. Post a few of your previous reviews, perhaps what type of gamer you are, be in PC, Console, Hand-Held?

From those who apply I'll choose a few of the best. Not sure how many.

Also, 1 thing I am really wanting is a World Of Warcraft reviewer. Post about game changes, patches, WoW events, and so on. WoW is a huge thing so having our own specific FUS WoW person would help out. And I know at least one of you out there is a WoW nerd.

So lets see your stuff. And as for the link to where all this will be.. Well its here. Nothing up yet but all the Sonic reviews should be tossed into there by the weekend.

#2 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:48 PM

Not a huge gamer so that's not me. Good luck finding a good review staff!
Click "Show" button in case of fire -->
Spoiler

#3 chalcara

chalcara

Oh the stupidity!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 638 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:15 PM

How exactly would that WoW gig look?
Read my comic Traces of Chaos - currently updating Thursdays
Visit my blog Imaginary Skies - Happily building Cloud-Castles since 1981.

"Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out!"
Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

#4 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:22 PM

Its just a gaming blog. All the WoW person would have to do is post updates, what updates do, post pictures along with it, events, what events happen when and so on. Just using wordpress blog for this. Over in the category section I'll add a WoW section so people can just click on that and get all the WoW stuff.

Toss your own input into everything going on in the WoW community and so on.

#5 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:29 PM

Mmm. I'm definitely a gamer. I play console games a lot more though, sometimes I play PC and hand-held games but not as much. I might be interested in being a reviewer sometime but not sure I'd really be able to presently. But hey at least the thought's there.

#6 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,062,997 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:52 PM

I'm not sure how viable this idea is right now, but I'm mulling over the idea of paying FUS Staff Game Reviewers. When I actually have free time again (c'mon December!) that's definitely something worth pondering the details on.

9:06

#7 Inhibitor

Inhibitor

Your Average Couch Potato

• FUS Reporter
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:43 AM

If there's any console I play the most it would have to be on my own laptop. I'd love to review PC games for FUS. If you're looking for any previous experience you can check out a review I posted not too long ago at IGN. (http://rr.pc.ign.com.../828181/130860/) If I'm to be accepted to the FUS Staff Game Reviewers, I just want to let you guys know that I'd just be reviewing for the joy of it and not looking forward to any salary. You already got the Sea3on team to pay for, so I wouldn't want to drain more money out of your pockets. I hope you'll consider my 'application'.
happy.gif

I also want to note that I am NOT a World of Warcraft player. I've played quite a few MMOs but World of Warcraft is certainly not one of them. Its mainly the ongoing monthly fee that turns me off. There are other free MMOs that have higher quality and depth imo.

One more thing. I'm just a little curious on something; it seems that if there will be a section dedicated to video game reviews, why not the same for movie reviews? Maybe a Fus Staff Movie Reviewers, a team the reviews movies, both old and new. If you guys are just working on the gaming staff, thats completely fine. Just a suggestion I thought of.

#8 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:28 AM

We are just doing gaming stuff for now. 1 section at a time. Also I read your review and I like it. We will ens up contacting you within a few days Id imagine if we choose to go with you. With the lack of entries so far..It looks good.

And come on Chal.. You know you want to be our WoW person.

#9 saber16

saber16

Sea3on Artist

• Sea3on Artist
  • 609 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (John Roberts @ Nov 11 2010, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure how viable this idea is right now, but I'm mulling over the idea of paying FUS Staff Game Reviewers.

... You serious? One things for sure, if I got any pay it would go to buying more games to review... I'll review them, and get more money to buy games to review... it's an unholy cycle, my friends.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing where this goes! Good luck everyone, can't wait to see everyone's reviews!

... Speaking of, I've got some reviews I need to post somewherez... after I get some sleep...

Posted Image

#10 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:01 AM

Yeah you gotta get the stuff into the game centre. You should be able to fix that picture thing with just uploading manually like how I said in the PM.

As for paying. I think if we did we would make it more on salary. You post at least so much a month, you get said amount. If it were based on each review I would be scared of people rushing every review, turn in a total piece of junk, and expect money for it. But all that is just in talking stages.

#11 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:53 AM

Well I am interested in it and could actually review for games since I gab a lot about games I like. I'd do so whether or not I'm paid. My only concern is if I have the time to be able to do it. I'd have to see further on though.

#12 Inhibitor

Inhibitor

Your Average Couch Potato

• FUS Reporter
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (chief @ Nov 13 2010, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also I read your review and I like it. We will ens up contacting you within a few days Id imagine if we choose to go with you. With the lack of entries so far..It looks good.

Sweet. Can't wait to post my first review here at FUS. cool.gif

#13 XaverJin

XaverJin

Thats XJ to you.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:33 AM

As a bigtime WoW nerd i would enjoy keeping a blog updated on that subject, a long time ago i used to co-own a smalltime gaming blog that did reviews on the more popular releases. Though if i were to do such a thing i wouldnt really want any money for it tongue.gif I'd enjoy doing it too much for that to corrupt my already withering conscience tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users