Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Check This Out: Sonic Movie Incoming?

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#1 Prince ByTor

Prince ByTor

SatAM and Sally Acorn Fan

• Fellow FUSer
  • 452 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

According to this article Sony Pictures have registered three websites for a Sonic film.

Does sound interesting....

#2 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

Very intresting...

#3 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

Sounds like the Sonic Adventure 3 Domain thing all over again.

#4 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

Remember that the Simpsons Movie domain was registered back in '99 or something.
image.jpg

#5 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

Yeah but This is SEGA, it's probably not happening anytime soon

#6 Robthe1st

Robthe1st

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 436 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

Yeah but This is SEGA, it's probably not happening anytime soon

I hope it won't happen. Because, making a movie based on the video game always end up the worst. Look it up...

#7 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

Maybe they are just securing it so no one else can use them

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#8 jtreese

jtreese

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

I'm hoping it's a Sonic movie revolving around the Archie Comics. That would be nice... but that's just my opinion...

#9 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

I'm hoping it's a Sonic movie revolving around the Archie Comics. That would be nice... but that's just my opinion...

Hopefully (IMHO) it wouldnt be 225-onwards

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#10 jtreese

jtreese

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

I actually wouldn't mind if the movie was to focus on the New Universe...

#11 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

I actually wouldn't mind if the movie was to focus on the New Universe...

Lets see how the new universe plays out. So far its been 50-50.

#12 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

I personally want something like the games, but with a tone that's probably a cross between Colors, Lost World and SatAM.
image.jpg

#13 Hammer

Hammer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 315 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:57 AM

Being realistic, I'm sure that a Sonic movie would focus on SegaSonic.

#14 Ogilvie

Ogilvie

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:43 AM

I don't think it will be based on the games, but be based on the Sonic Boom cartoon. Assuming a long dev time, it probably wouldn't be ready until 2015... by which point, Sonic Boom will have completed most of its run. It'd be a perfect way to kick off the end of the series (or its first season, more possibly). Furthermore, this is what practically all cartoons do - they eventually get an animated film. I'm actually surprised Sonic didn't have a movie set in any of its cartoon series' universes.

As for the possibility of it all: I think it's actually very possible. Sonic Adventure 3 is pretty much dead in the water, but a video game movie? Very reasonable. Wreck-It Ralph first showed that you could make some basis in video games and not suck, however scarce the actual video games were. Then you had Ratchet & Clank's movie announcement. Sony is also working on a Heavenly Sword film, while evidence is also behind a Last of Us film. That's three Sony franchises being made into films... it would not be too unreasonable for them to expand into non-Sony IPs. Sony wants to make this a repeat of the PS2 generation, and with the weakness of the Wii U and the rancor about the Xbox One, it very well could, especially if it pushes into cinema and expands its cultural presence.

#15 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

Except there has bed a Mortal Kombat III, Halo, StarCraft, WarCraft, and many other video game promised movies for years with little to no results. It wouldn't be that hard to believe the Sonic movie will ultimately go nowhere.

Also most cartoons either start with a movie or make a movie after they become popular. Now considering how popular the Sonic series is I wouldn't be surprised if they jumped the gun and assumed Sonic Boom would be popular, but still it probably wasn't a smart move.

#16 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

Except there has bed a Mortal Kombat III, Halo, StarCraft, WarCraft, and many other video game promised movies for years with little to no results. It wouldn't be that hard to believe the Sonic movie will ultimately go nowhere.

Also most cartoons either start with a movie or make a movie after they become popular. Now considering how popular the Sonic series is I wouldn't be surprised if they jumped the gun and assumed Sonic Boom would be popular, but still it probably wasn't a smart move.

Halo is in "development Hell" right now and last i heard Peter Jackson was gonna do it after the Hobbit was done and WarCraft is picking up steam right now

It sounds like they jumped the gun

#17 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

The sad thing is I'm normally the think positive guy

#18 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

I'm hoping Ratchet and Clank breaks the tradition of shit, because I've heard good things.

If I were to do a Sonic franchise, 1 would take inspiration from 3 and Knuckles and Adventure, 2 would be Adventure 2 and 3 would either be CD, Lost World or a mix of 06 and Unleashed.
image.jpg

#19 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

I'm hoping Ratchet and Clank breaks the tradition of shit, because I've heard good things.

If I were to do a Sonic franchise, 1 would take inspiration from 3 and Knuckles and Adventure, 2 would be Adventure 2 and 3 would either be CD, Lost World or a mix of 06 and Unleashed.

Did you postt that in the Ideal Sonic Movie topic?

#20 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:16 PM

I forgot there was one.
image.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users