Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

Photo

Looking For Artist!....again

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 FUS News Robot

FUS News Robot

Extra! Extra!

• Newsbot
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

I know, I know.. I announced a new Sea3on artist some time ago as I had found one.  Sami as you all know has worked on shorts before in the past, plus her work has always just been amazing.   So, we (myself and her) were hoping for her to get back on her drawing path and become our main artist.
Sadly over the course of the last month plus some her work life just became too hectic.  With working the next town over and working 6 day weeks (which currently show no sign of ending) she came to me this morning expressing that there is no possible way for her to get going as the main artist at this time.  We chatted about holding off on the comic a bit longer, maybe things will clear up come summer..But in the end we both decided that for now at least it is best to try finding a artist.

So..I hope to end this artist curse that seems to be haunting Sea3on.

So..Looking for artist(s).   I'm actually wiling to accept a team of people this time.  I know a lot of you last time wanted to try something and were waiting for a page for me to toss out...Anyways I have that page now.

But be warned... Taking on this job apparently throws your personal life into absolute hell.  For it is the CURSE OF SEA3ON!!!

So PM me on the forums with your work, email me Paul@Sonicsatam.com or jump into our IRC chat room and chat with me about this.  http://www.sonicsatam.com/sample-page/chat-room/

As for a promo page to try out..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page One
Plain white background. The Freedom Fighters are all standing, side by side, in the foreground and looking at the audience. From left to right: Antoine, looking bashful; Bunnie, giving a big wave and an even bigger smile; Sally, arms folded in font of her chest and a calm smile on her face; Sonic, winking and giving a flashy thumbs up; Rotor, arms folded behind his back, eyes closed, but a small smile on his face; and Tails, hopping up and waving with both his eyes with an enthusiastic grin.
Everyone: HELLO!
Close up of Sally, still smiling calmly at the audience.
Sally: Welcome to the Audition! This little exercise is designed to-
Same shot, but Sally is now being pushed aside by an eager-looking Sonic on the right side of the panel, much to her annoyance.
Sonic: We wanna see how awesome you can be!
Normal shot; we can see the characters from the waist up now. Sally is on the left, pushing Sonic away toward the right side of the panel. Sonic is stubbornly trying to get back to the center, flailing his arms at her, but it's no use. Sally is glaring daggers at him, and he at her.
Sally: That's only part of it, Sonic! They're not just here to show off, but to practice!
Medium long-shot. Rotor is in the background, and has picked Sonic and Sally up by the scruffs of their necks; he is looking at Sally with a chiding expression. Sonic and Sally are both looking quite surprised.
Rotor: C'mon, you two, settle down. What we're trying to get at is...!
Same shot, but we are now seeing it from the bottom of Rotor's neck upwards. His hat has now been snatched by Tails, who is hovering over him in the upper portion of the panel with his tails spinning; he looks very amused with himself. Rotor looks befuddled.
Tails: We're trying to say, we're here to have fun!

Page Two
Long shot. Bunnie is in the lower left corner of the panel with a cocky little grin, extending her robot arm up to Tails, who is in the upper right of the panel looking surprised, and grabbing on to Rotor's hat; Rotor (still holding on to Sonic and Sally, both of whom look mildly annoyed) is in the center, still confused by all this.
Bunnie: Now now, Sugah-Fox, don't you get carried away up there.
Medium close-up of Bunnie looking at the audience with a friendly smile; her robot arm is pulling back in from the upper right of the panel, with Rotor's hat in its hand.
Bunnie: Now then, why don't we get back t'business 'n' introduce ourselves to...!
Medium long-shot. Bunnie is on the left of the panel, looking up in shock at Rotor, who is looking pretty mad and has tossed a shocked Sonic and Sally aside into the lower right of the panel so that he can begin to try and tackle Bunnie. Tails, also looking annoyed, has begun diving toward Bunnie from the upper right of the panel.
Rotor and Tails, simultaneously: GIMME THAT HAT BACK!!!
Same shot, but everyone has fallen to the bottom of the panel in a big, messy heap, kicking up a cloud of dust and debris in the process.
Same shot, but everyone is now lying down, looking mildly pained, at the bottom of the panel in a crumpled heap.
Same shot, but Antoine, nervously twiddling his thumbs, looking at the audience with a sheepish smile and sweating a little, has side-stepped in front of the pile.
Antoine: Eh-heh-heh...I am most apologizing for zis embarassing display, but...to get to ze very point....
Medium close-up of Antoine, eyes closed and smiling awkwardly, waving at the audience.
Antoine: ...Goodbye!

Read the full story here

#2 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

I'm extremely sorry to sound that pessimist, but at this rate this season 3 will never meet his conclusion.

Now please don't kill me for said that. I still whish the best of luck for everyone involved in this.

If my english can look like crap, don't kill me...please? French is my native language!
PS: I love bacon. Why? Because i said so...(i also love the Dreamcast)
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZoneofDoom

#3 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

Perhaps it's for the best that my skills at 2D art are nonexistent. Though I'd love to help, I wouldn't want to get in over my head.

Regardless of how things pan out, I still intend to see this through to the end. Sea3on's been a pretty significant source of inspiration for me, and a few delays haven't changed that. Even if my support amounts to little more than words of encouragement and the occasional donation, the team behind the comic will continue to have it. As well as my gratitude.

57677ee618a4a_FSOMBanner.jpg.004b52a1171

Story updates and more now available at Free Scribes of Mobius!

#4 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

I think a story ark in this web-comic should be inspired by this production curse....eventually (if a new artist get found, of course).

If my english can look like crap, don't kill me...please? French is my native language!

#5 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,569 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

This project is officially cursed...

I think a story ark in this web-comic should be inspired by this production curse....eventually (if a new artist get found, of course).

As a joke/ end of the chapter bit.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#6 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

"It is ze curse! ZE DOOMED CURSE!"

- Chief Antoine

57677ee618a4a_FSOMBanner.jpg.004b52a1171

Story updates and more now available at Free Scribes of Mobius!

#7 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

- Chief Antoine

MALÉDICTION! C'EST LA MALÉDICTION! ELLE NOUS A TOMBÉ DESSUS! POURQUOI FALLAIT-IL QUE SA ARRIVE?

#8 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,553 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

Right back to the drawing board, again.

#9 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,569 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

- Chief Antoine

MALÉDICTION! C'EST LA MALÉDICTION! ELLE NOUS A TOMBÉ DESSUS! POURQUOI FALLAIT-IL QUE SA ARRIVE?

Waarom zijn vervloekt als deze?? Kunnen we op zijn minst een run van geluk te gaan?

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#10 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

Ittai nani ni tsuite hanashiterun dai?

#11 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

- Chief Antoine

Waarom zijn vervloekt als deze?? Kunnen we op zijn minst een run van geluk te gaan?

Google traduction have to gave me such a awfull translation here :/

I speak french first, then english second....and that's about it. Are you speaking many language Ben, or it's just a random language you choose?

#12 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,569 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

- Chief Antoine

Google traduction have to gave me such a awfull translation here :/

I speak french first, then english second....and that's about it. Are you speaking many language Ben, or it's just a random language you choose?

It was the first one it was one... it was Dutch btw

#13 Ogilvie

Ogilvie

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

Well drat!

I'm really sorry that these problems keep cropping up. :(

I'm hopeful that some sort of arrangement where there are multiple artists contributing comes up in the future.

If not for the comic seeming to aim for a more episode-like format, I'd have suggested it be like Sonic the Comic and be broken into multiple smaller stories. Sonic the Comic would release with about 7 pages for a story, and there'd be four of those stories. Some would be one-shot, but others would continue in other issues.

I'm not quite sure how it would work, but if there was a willingness to indeed break up the stories, I can think of one idea. There'd be multiple "categories" that each represent a separate story that's being told. Could be two, three, four, or whichever is convenient. Each story is assigned a different artist, and they update when able. Perhaps once a week? One of my favorite webcomics operates on this model - it runs the main story and also has a side arc that it rotates updates with.

To better explain what I mean. Let's say we have three stories: one focuses on the overall plot, while another focuses on Tails and another on Rotor. The overall plot is assigned to Artist A, Tails to Artist B, and Rotor to Artist C.

The main arc updates on Saturday, Tails on Tuesday, and Rotor on Thursday. The artist of each thus has a week to prepare their page. While people wait for the next addition to a particular arc, however, the other two arcs update. There's a continuous stream of updates, but each artist has plenty of time to work. If the week-long format still encounters issues, it could be lengthened to say, 12 days, with a new page posted every 4. The rotation model retains artistic consistency within an arc, has regular updates, and also gives each artist a flexible amount of time to work with.

The two issues with this proposed model are apparent: for one, it could possibly disrupt flow as each new page is unrelated to the last and you will most likely need to re-read the previous page in an arc to remember what was going on. The other is that multiple artists are required to make it work.

In the realm of Sonic fancomics, I'd also look at Other M (most well-known for being Ian Flynn's project before he became the writer over at Archie). The art style changed quite a bit between pages due to different artists often doing each, but the art quality was still good enough and the story interesting enough that the art change wasn't too jarring. It seems odd to change artists between pages, but it can be done well if necessary.

I'm just rambling, though! I've always been saddened Sea3on runs into issues like this, though, and try to think of ways it could be structured to update regularly yet not make anyone pull out their hair.

#14 Adamis

Adamis

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

- Chief Antoine

"MALÉDICTION ! C'EST LA MALÉDICTION ! ELLE NOUS EST TOMBÉE DESSUS ! POURQUOI FALLAIT-IL QUE ÇA ARRIVE ?" is the correct version ;)

I'd have applied for the artist position if I wasn't already busy with Sonic the Comic Online :/ Maybe for small stories or illustrations / wallpapers...

#15 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

Bah, je ne porte jamais trop attention aux fautes d'orthographe. :whistle:

#16 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

Life... is... unfair.

#17 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

Why does this keep happening?! Why does the world hate Sonic SatAM?!

#18 Hammer

Hammer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 315 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:20 AM

Fate hates SatAM.

Well screw fate! Keep up guys.

#19 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,569 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

Maybe its time to put an ad on craigslist??

#20 Ogilvie

Ogilvie

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:03 AM

There'll be an artist alley at Sonic Revolution 2014! We'll only have ten tables this year but... hey, one can always scope them out for contributions, I suppose!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users