Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

Photo

Okay Here's Some Of Ben's Ideas

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#41 Nique

Nique

It's great to be different.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:23 PM

Aww come on guys he wasn't that bad, at least he never took down the site in a fit of rage... or wait.. I guess he kinda did, but at least he handed it off. But w/e, just weird to see this stuff about him.

I just wanted to tell you that the hardest thing I've faced
Wasn't the teasing or the pain
It was convincing myself I wasn't stupid, strange, or lame
And helping others do the same.

Forest Rain

#42 Gojira007

Gojira007

Fellow FUSer

• Sea3on Writer
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:17 PM

I'm STILL in the dark as to what Rocky did to make everyone hate him to the point where he had to resign; in my interactions with him, he seemed perfectly nice. That's not to say "I DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF YOU YOU'RE ALL LIARS!", just that...well, I clearly don't have the full story on Rocky's time at FUS, and I don't like not having that sorta info.

As for Ben's ideas, I'm intrigued by all of them. Definitely diggin' the building of Sonic and Nicole's buddy cop relationship from "The Void", and while the concept of a living mind inside a computer's shell is indeed as old as science-fiction, this is the first time I've seen it applied to Nicole, and the specifics of the idea do sound intriguing. I also think Ben and I are on the same wavelength regarding Sonic: he's a good-hearted guy, but he's going to have to grow up eventually, and it strikes me as a perfect plot to have that maturity forced on Sonic by finally getting the freedom he fought for.
"These hands of ours are BURNING RED! Their loud cry tells us..."
"To grasp happiness!"
"ERUPTING GOD FINGER!!! SEKI..."
"HA!"
"LOVE LOVE TENKYOKEN!!!"
-Domon Kasshu and Rain Mikamura, G-Gundam

#43 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:41 PM

Nah he was a good guy really. He resigned due to more personal stuff regarding a few people, not regarding the full board. But I'm sure his personal life as well had a part to do with it. He was constantly busy for it. Thats why I was slowly taking over anyways.. After turning head admin of the board and so on.

#44 demosthenes

demosthenes

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:25 AM

Some quotes from Hurst back in the 2005 SAGE chat:

[17:34] @Sonic_Writer: Anyway, they came back to the planet - and according to Einsteininistic stuff - many years had gone by and now he was the only one - along with Snively.

[17:34] @Sonic_Writer: But the fun part - is that left a colony out there that could discover a faster way to return - and that could remain as a possible story element.

And in regards to why the animals survive:

[17:36] @Sonic_Writer: Because animals exist in the non-human populated areas that would have been spared the blasts. And that doesn't mean there aren't humans somewhere on the planet in some form.

[17:36] @Sonic_Writer: Like underground.

So you still have overlanders to put into the story when the time is right. There would also probably be overland survivors from the great war.

#45 Glitcher

Glitcher

Indubitably, my dear Luke

• Fellow FUSer
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (Nique @ Sep 15 2010, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SERIOUSLY? I WROTE EVERY FRICKEN ONE OF THOSE MYSELF! 1132.png.gif

Wait, are you that crazy woman who insisted Tails is a girl? crazy.gif

#46 J.E.Smith

J.E.Smith

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (Glitcher @ Sep 16 2010, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Nique @ Sep 15 2010, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SERIOUSLY? I WROTE EVERY FRICKEN ONE OF THOSE MYSELF! 1132.png.gif

Wait, are you that crazy woman who insisted Tails is a girl? crazy.gif

If I remember correctly around the same time she wrote that, there seemed to be a lot of female Tails art around here (Or at least from Chalrca...I think she called hers "Tailsko?") and I think Nique was on the bandwagon for it (She didn't draw anything herself, but I think she was a fan of the idea).

#47 Glitcher

Glitcher

• Fellow FUSer
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:53 AM

I think I hate myself for wanting to see that. Do you have a link?

#48 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:10 AM

'A Hero's Tale' was the name of the web comic Chal drew with the female Tails in it (and a real arsehole Sonic). I don't think any of it exists online any more though, but I got all 14 pages on one of my hard drives. Somewhere...

9:06

#49 Glitcher

Glitcher

• Fellow FUSer
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:50 AM

A comic no less! Now this I have to see. Could you make it available as a zip file attachment, John?

#50 chalcara

chalcara

Oh the stupidity!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 638 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:27 AM

A Hero's Tale was very much Alternate Universe though - a mix of Fleetway and Sega Sonic - even more than Other M for example. I never insisted Tails was a girl in canon, it was just what worked best for the story.

The story would've been worth to continue (it had Nack! Explosions! We'd planned Many Murdered Mobians! And creepy factories working with brain-bits! Robotnik being creepy about Metal Sonic!) but these days I'm very much busy with Traces of Chaos.

Personally I'm fine with posting it, but I'm not sure how Cionex would feel about that - he dealt with my inks, which were HORRIBLE back then. (These days I do the colouring myself, so I dropped alot of habbits that make a colorist go batty.)

Anyway, I dig the "Nicole's an upload of a proper human idea", despite the fact that the sci-fie writer at me balks at the concept that a) a hivemind would HAVE to be something bad (for a well done beign hivemind, see Mars in the webcomic "A Miracle of Science" ) and cool.gif that she'd be incapable to find a solution that doesn't include sacrificing her own personality.

On the other hand, it's a pretty deep concept for a movie aimed at younger audiences, and I always loved the Nicole/Sonic interactions. Even if Sonic's a douche.
Read my comic Traces of Chaos - currently updating Thursdays
Visit my blog Imaginary Skies - Happily building Cloud-Castles since 1981.

"Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out!"
Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

#51 Glitcher

Glitcher

• Fellow FUSer
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:07 AM

Where and when did this comic go online? All I dug up was some ambitious planning on MobiaNet (with broken images unfortunately).

While I'm on the subject, John, why did you say Tails should be a girl? I can understand fan girls emasculating their favourite characters, but us dudes got to stick together, dawg.

#52 Masterge77

Masterge77

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:56 AM

Still, we have to use this if we can find a way to bring back the series , if time travel wwas possible, we could go back in time to prevent the series form getting cancelled, it's the only way we gan get the series back, it's our only hope that time travel becomes possible, I mean rteally, it's not going to end the world or anything.....

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!

#53 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:13 AM

You don't know that. If SatAM wasn't cancelled the French might have finally gotten pissed off because of Ant. Thus causing them to work on secret weapons, however being the French they fail and end up blowing up the earth by accident. Way to go Masterge, you just killed us all. Jerk.

#54 Glitcher

Glitcher

• Fellow FUSer
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:20 AM

Yeah, time travel could be used to stop 9/11, evacuate victims of the Boxing Day tsunami, or prevent the Rwandan genocide. But you want to use it to revive a television show nobody cares about. Git.

#55 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:29 AM

Lesson here is time travel to save SatAM is a bad idea and will either leave the world completely destroyed, or people will just think your a jerk for not preventing disasters.

However if you were to go and slap the creators of Enterprise and tell them that they will ruin everything... That would be alright.

#56 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:32 AM

Who is to say Ben's passing means SatAM isn't revived anyway? Granted it's been like 16 years and the likelihood of a revival isn't likely to begin with, but I highly doubt Ben's passing factors into that. I just don't understand everyone saying "OMG Ben's dead! SatAM will never come back!!"

#57 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

Well lets be honest here Morgan. Obviously the anger and uproar of the only 2 main SatAM sites will obviously bring SatAM back. I mean.. 2 websites, SEGA would just be stupid to ignore us! We have numbers! 2! Not 1! For 1 is lonely.. And cries its self to sleep sad.gif

#58 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:39 AM

Hahaha

...I mean I dunno. You look at Sailor Moon which was and still is vastly more popular than SatAM and has been off air for a few years and there's talk of an international revival. I don't know SatAM was that big to begin with but like I said, it's been 16 years, and yeah...there's like only 2 main SatAM sites. You would need a lot more than just that to get it back.

#59 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

The crappy shows always get more attention. I'm sure sailor moon was just popular do to the sorta nude transformation scenes. All the weird crazy homely looking guys are all "omg! yeah! Nakkkiiiid!"

#60 Frieza2000

Frieza2000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:08 PM

'Nique, is this "some" of the physical notes, or all of them? I keep remembering this ironic/prophetic conversation from the 2006 SAGE chat:

QUOTE ("SAGE 2006")
[22:11] <this_guy> Last year you talked about that if your plan for getting the third season of SATAM made fell through that you would write it up in narrative form and release it on the net. Do you still want to do this and if so when would they be released
[22:12] <Swriter> I think my phrasing was "might." Pardon me for fudging, but until all hope is extinguished - I'll not spill the beans on the (who knows if it will happen?) third season
[22:13] <Swriter> There's always hope.
[22:13] <Swriter> At least until I croak. Then, I could care less. LOL
[22:13] <SSNWadmanKiddo> If there's always hope, then that means logically we'll never see the spilled beans.
[22:13] <Swriter> JK
[22:14] <Swriter> Nah. I actually have a storyline and copious notes - and now with your question, I'll add to my will that they be released.

What we've seen so far doesn't seem "copious," so is there more you just haven't gotten to yet, or could there be undiscovered notes somewhere in his personal files? Do you know if this actually did get mentioned in his will?

I also keep remembering this ironic/prophetic story he shared with us in 2005:

QUOTE ("Ben")
Today, I had a long conversation with him, filled with laughter and memories, including how he, my sister and their children have always been big fans of the shows we've written on, particularly "Captain Planet" and "Sonic." He knows all about the "Sonic-saga" and all the personal storylines surrounding it. And as we were discussing it, he reminded me that none of us know how long we will be allowed to stay here on earth. Then, he put his hand on my shoulder and informed me, "Ya gotta follow your dreams,"' and with a grin, he added, "Juice and jam time for both of us."

So, I've decided that after I finish the two projects I'm working on, I'm going to explore the possibilities of pursuing the third season or the movie one last time. If I succeed, then good. If I fail, then I gave it my all. Three fans (sworn to secrecy) know there is a third option and that will be revealed if all else fails.

I take it you, Kanshisha, and his brother are the three fans. What was this last resort plan? A profic?

ALSO also, regarding Robotnik's backstory, I found a little more for anyone who didn't know or had forgotten:

QUOTE ("Ben")
Well, bearing in mind that we were given no history of the Sonic characters when we came on board, we created a "White Paper" that created a history for the characters. This doesn't mean that what we created is the definitive backstory. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the document, but as I recall, Julian and Snively were part of a space expedition from about 2200 (or thereabouts). Julian attempted a takeover of the colony, but his technology got out of control and he wound up destroying everything, narrowly escaping with his (and Snively's) lives.

Meanwhile, back on Earth, a nuclear holocaust had destroyed human life as we knew it - and the animals who survived mutated into sentient beings and built the society which you see in the form of Mobius. Einstein's ideas of the passage of time during faster-than-light space travel kick in and thousands of years have passed by the time Julian and Snively returned to find this "Animal" world. Well, Julian's thought was that in the land of the four-pawed critters, the two-handed man is king and so he set about to take over - as outlined in Blast to the Past.

All taken from here. Pretty good refresher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users