Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

Photo

Sonic Fanfiction Coalition

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#281 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,563 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:26 AM

So a concerned friend of mine is worried that our projects aren't getting noticed enough.  And I agree, the Fan Fictions are probably our lowest traffic sections on the forums.  

As the Fan Fiction Coalition is considered a "FUS Group Project" and not just a creative corner project, I'm gonna steal the reigns from 'Stranger for a bit and modify the rules to help your Fan Fiction Stay a float.  

NEW RULES:

• Group Skype Meetings - Tons of us aren't even aware these are happening (I'm not).  While Private Skype Texts/Chats/Calls can continue as is, large group meetings should be planned out ahead of time and posted here.  If you need help setting up a meeting, contact RedStranger or me.  If needed we can also hook you up with a chat room meeting.
  • Don't forget FUS - Try to keep something of your story on FUS even if you host it on Deviant Art or FanFiction.net.  A link or and update schedule or something.  If you're not updating here FUSers won't notice your story updating at all.  I have no idea who is on what chapter or what project anymore because those posts aren't here on FUS.  Keep the rest of the Coalition in the loop by posting here.  Even if it is just in this thread.  
  • Forum Based Stories - If FUS is hosting your story, make sure there's an out of story thread to also post in.  Many FUSers don't like posting directly in the middle of someone's chapter.  Create a secondary topic for updates.  Also try finding a secondary host like DeviantArt.  It helps spread the Fan Fiction.
  • Scheduled Updates - While you can't rush art, and life schedules get in the way, a large part of the Fan Fictions not being noticed is because they haven't Updated recently.  Most FUSers don't like posting in topics over a month old with no updates.  Your individual topics should be updated at least weekly or biweekly.  Even if you don't have a new chapter, post a status update too keep people in the loop.  
  • Post in Other Writer's Topics - We have a nasty habit of posting in our own topic but never looking at someone else's (or at least not commentating so nobody notices).  If you want to be noticed, you need to help others get noticed.  They in turn should return the favor.  This here is also what the whole Coalition is about, helping everyone's topics/stories get noticed (that and improving them when we can).  Make suggestions, ask questions, or just comment on if you liked the current chapter.  The more replies, the more people notice the topic.  

And most importantly, have fun with it.  Remember this isn't a job, this is a group of pals writing for the fun of it.  If you don't enjoy your work, your doing it for the wrong reasons.  

Thanks for your time.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users