Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

Photo

Star Wars Episode Vii Discussion

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:57 AM

Well since theirs no topic on this here, might as well make one. Some recent leaks on what to expect.

WCQnz6k.jpg

7JHT7R3.jpg

sxAFNh7.jpg

2S1vDQ3.jpg

kQOyUfy.jpg

eYcxElb.jpg

#2 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,572 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:28 AM

based on scenes from Guardians of the Galaxy (and a lesser extent Thor 2) I'm sure they can do some epic space battles. However that's the only thing I'm sure of. Everything else is so hush hush...

#3 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:41 AM

Sheesh! The CGI has definetly improved since the last episode aired in theaters; and it was already impressive back then.

While it won't be fallowing the origonal EU canon, they did confirm that several elements from the EU will be reused in the new series. If so, I wonder what they have in mind. If anything, this could very well be taking place in an alternate timeline (much like Abrams' "Star Trek" films).

#4 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:16 AM

Even with all of the CGI, it looks very much like the Original Trilogy. It may just be the leak quality, but it reminds me of something filmed in the 80s.

Hopes are still high.
image.jpg

#5 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:05 PM

Some rumors floating around

"I'm told that in the back story for the film, Luke Skywalker does something amazing with the Force. He's really powerful, more of "wizard than lightsaber wielding warrior." Basically, Luke Skywalker has a "Force Unleashed" moment and realizes he might be bad for the universe.The aftermath of that event is difficult for Luke.

Luke Skywalker has become the most powerful Jedi ever, but he doesn't believe he's the wisest. He doesn't want to make the mistake his father made by thinking he knows what's right for the universe. Skywalker becomes somewhat deranged in his seclusion. He is consumed by his fear that if he should return to "society" his power could be misused, he could be manipulated, and he may accidentally hurt the one's he loves.

For these reasons, to protect the galaxy and himself, Luke retreats into self-imposed exile for many years. I'm told he can't always control the power. While he sits in a meditative state, he levitates things unconsciously and he's not always in complete control and he's never sure if he's doing the will of the Force or acting on his own passions. Luke is seeing the past, the present, the future, "old friends long gone" and other things that prey upon his sanity.

Luke Skywalker is described as "creepy and frightening in appearance" because you supposedly can see "the fire in his eyes" behind his grizzled appearance during some scenes."

#6 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:33 AM

HYPE INTENSIFIES
image.jpg

#7 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,572 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:35 AM

buying tickets now.

#8 Robthe1st

Robthe1st

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 436 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:50 AM

HYPE INTENSIFIES

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS!!!! :D

#9 stm858

stm858

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:46 PM

Man, I'll be honest that Star Wars as a franchise has never really grabbed me. I love the idea of all these epic fantasy-style duels with the sci-fi elements of inter-planetary travel and the lore! God, the lore from the EU sounds so intricate and interesting.

But that description of Luke sounded awesome. I really do like stories of heroes who have evolved into imperfect shadows of their former selves.

#10 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:54 PM

The cross saber looks fucking stupid. A regular lightsaber would clip off the pieces in a regular duel.

Also, was that Benedict Cumberpatch talking?

#11 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:49 PM

Reposting my gut reaction from another forum:

Running my computer in Safe Mode at the moment, so I can't comment on the audio.

The visuals, however, honestly look very underwhelming. Ignoring the obvious oddities like the "soccer" droid, which feels like it was included in the trailer for the sake of "Lol! So random!" humor, and the ridiculous new lightsaber design, it all feels very...off, to the point that if I didn't know otherwise I would think that this was fan-made.

It's hard to explain this difference in aesthetics, though the best example is probably the shot of the X-Wing pilot. The cockpit and flight suit feel very cheaply made, with far less detail than their counterparts in the Original Trilogy.

Just compare 0:44 in the trailer with this:

Other thoughts:
-The opening shot with the stormtrooper popping up feels very off unless it's played for comedy. How did he just pop into the shot like that? Was he sitting or lying down? If so, shouldn't his armor be covered with sand? Even ignoring that, his armor's too clean to be believable. Compare it with the Sandtroopers from A New Hope.
-The composition of the shot with the Falcon doesn't feel like Star Wars at all. The camerawork is far too active and attention-grabbing, especially with the slight shaking it seems to have.
-The lightsaber design makes no sense at all. I'm no swordsman, but as far as I'm aware, crossguards are supposed to protect the user's hands, both from enemy blades and from the user accidentally touching his or her own blade. An energy-based crossguard accomplishes neither, as touching it would only harm the user, thus making the blade more difficult to wield. At the same time, the crossguard blades come from emitter nodes on either side of the hilt. An enemy saber sliding down the length of the saber would simply sever the node, destroying the crossguard and rendering it useless.

Plenty of people have already gone into more depth about this. Here's one such article:

Personally, I'd just have the crossguard be made of cortosis or some other lightsaber-resistant material.

So yeah, I wasn't a fan of the trailer (still haven't heard it with audio, though). Admittedly, I'm a bit biased, as I'm still bitter about the Expanded Universe being wiped out in favor of this, but I'm trying to be as objective as I can with these comments. I'm hyped for John Williams composing more Star Wars music, of course, but otherwise I'm not excited about these new films at all.

57677ee618a4a_FSOMBanner.jpg.004b52a1171

Story updates and more now available at Free Scribes of Mobius!

#12 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,572 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:09 PM

Responses are a lot more negative then I thought. True the CGI looks a little off, but it's far better looking then the original trilogy's Hoth Battles, from the most popular in the series.

The soccar droid looks...stupid. There's no defending that.

The new light saber is actually an interesting design choice. Honestly it's a much better hold than Maul's (Try using a staff where you can't have your hands leave the center). Also as many times people lose their hands in the series maybe they're on to something with the laser guards.

Rather than comparing it to the original, because our biases will never let it live up to them, you should judge it as a stand alone movie in the se universe.

As Lucas said, the fans only have accept what they want to be canon. If you don't like it, don't include it

#13 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:31 PM

Yeah I did feel the camera work felt more generic and typical action movie with the angles. It kind of reminded me of Thor 2, which had a very bleh quality to everything. Almost like a big budget tv movie. Surprisingly the soccer droid didn't bother me. It doesn't talk, and its not Jar Jar Binks.

#14 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:35 AM

Disney has confirmed that a new trailer will debut on showings of Avengers: Age of Ultron.
image.jpg

#15 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,572 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:37 AM

Sweet. 

#16 DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain

• Fellow FUSer
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:48 AM

The Star Wars Saga Digital Release has a new fanfare before the films!

I went ahead and bought the new digital releases of Star Wars tonight. Surprise, surprise:

https://twitter.com/...387893318369280

I bought them on Amazon and I was surprised to put on The Phantom Menace and find a new fanfare replacing the Twentieth Century Fox fanfare we’ve all had attached to the films for the last few decades.

The new era is upon us! This is likely what we’ll hear when we watch Star Wars: The Force Awakens this December!

*A New Hope still has the classic Fox fanfare.

Source

"You're watching a poster!"

#17 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:08 AM

HAN AND CHEWIE HOLY SHIT
image.jpg

#18 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:23 AM

Time has not been kind to Solo

#19 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,580 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 02:29 PM

"We're Home."

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#20 Speedy_25

Speedy_25

SatAM Vet. (knew the show since it first came out)

• Fellow FUSer
  • 694 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:13 AM

Let the lines for the movie....BEGIN!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users