Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  furrykef : (05 February 2020 - 07:32 PM)

No.

@  MoKat : (05 February 2020 - 01:09 PM)

*pokes the Shoutbox* Wake up!

@  GetCrazyWith... : (24 January 2020 - 01:21 PM)

Hi there!

@  Wulfsbane : (20 January 2020 - 06:26 PM)

Boop

@  Ishapar : (14 December 2019 - 04:23 AM)

Not bad. Would be neat if my grandpa makes it that old.

@  Shadow : (12 December 2019 - 03:19 PM)

I hope I get to live to 93.

@  Wulfsbane : (11 December 2019 - 09:42 AM)

@  Ishapar : (09 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Shame to hear about that. How old was he?

@  RedG : (06 December 2019 - 06:04 PM)

Sorry to hear, Wulfsbane. My condolences.

@  Wulfsbane : (05 December 2019 - 10:43 PM)

My grandfather passed on the 17th.

@  chief : (30 November 2019 - 03:32 PM)

oh?

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

This year's Thanksgiving was a lot tougher than normal.

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

Same to you.

@  RedAuthar : (28 November 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Happy American Turkey Day

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

Photo

Blast From The Past!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Scott Reese

Scott Reese

Geezer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:32 PM

Um, okay maybe more like an old Fart from the Past. :) Hello again FUS!

#2 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:33 PM

Holy shit....Long time no see buddy.  What have you been up to?

#3 Scott Reese

Scott Reese

Geezer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:58 PM

Discharged honorably from the Air Force, got a college degree as a graphic designer, and been bouncing around from job to job since graphic design wouldn't pay the bills. Finally found a girlfriend (or she found me, not sure which lol). I haven't been terribly successful but I'm happy.

Hows about you? I looked through the member list to find out who the admins are and I'm only seeing three names, of which yours is at the top. Have you taken over this motley crew of Sonic fans? If so, that's pretty kick ass man; definitely a good pick for admin at any rate. :)

#4 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:26 PM

Yeah Ive had control of FUS for a few years now.   Sites been staying pretty good.  Lots of new people so you will have to get custom to that...But we still get a decent chunk of the old crew popping in and out.   Though I havent seen Prime in some time..Miss that guy. 

Be sure to check out Sea3on...www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on   Have had that comic running for some time now.  As well as drop by the IRC whenever you get a chance http://www.sonicsata...page/chat-room/   Its not ever too busy in there but I'm normally puttering around.  

#5 RedMenace

RedMenace

yup.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 839 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:07 AM

Hey, Reese! Welcome. Or rather, welcome back (pretty sure you were before my time here).

As Chief said, site's been doing great! Only two hacks in two months!

this-job-has-worked-0-days-without-an-ac

But definitely check out the IRC, if you're feeling it. I miss the days of full chats.

#6 Scott Reese

Scott Reese

Geezer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:53 PM

Yeah I was hoping Prime would be around, it would be fun to wax nostalgic. I still recall the fan series he wrote where he and I were hopeless Sally fanboys who smoked way too much weed (and of course can't recall the exact name because I smoke way too much weed haha).  I'm glad to see the site still kicking and in the hands of an old school member. :D I'll definitely have to stop into chat and make a nuisance of myself soon. Comic is looking great too, got some talent going on from what I'm seeing!

Thankee much for the welcome back guys :) Some fond old memories attached to this place for sure.

#7 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:51 PM

Wasn't it the adventures of satam man and Sonique? Some junk lIke that...Damn that was LONG ago.

#8 Scott Reese

Scott Reese

Geezer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:37 PM

Yep that was it, in all its rude, crude, and socially unacceptable glory heh. Speaking of whom.... What happened to Nique, she just decide it was time to move on?

Also, the comic is awesome. I have a major complaint though, HUGE complaint: there isn't more of it! Ah well I know it takes some effort to balance life, work, and art and I think the team has done a great job from what I've seen. I did have a problem though, just got to chapter five and it goes straight from page 15 to page 38. I'm looking at pillow talk and then all the sudden its pandemonium lmao. Actually I just used the navigation arrows and its working, just the archive page is where it seems to skip. Cornfused me there for a sec.

#9 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:23 PM

Sonique still shows up once in a blue moon, but yeah, she's mostly decided it's time to move on. She no longer has any ownership or administrative role.

John Roberts (or JonBob as I like to call him) is technically still FUS's official second-in-command, but nowadays he pretty much just sits around and drinks beer. So I'm currently chief's de-facto second-in-command when it comes to server administration, which lately seems to mostly involve cleaning up after hackers. I don't take much part in running FUS aside from the tech side of things, though.

#10 Tim J

Tim J

Tim "J" Campbell

• Sea3on Artist
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:27 AM

And I'm Chief's drawing gopher. Hi! xD Welcome back. Thanks a ton for the kind words about Sea3on's artwork. Stephen'll be happy too. ^^

------jNz0y5.jpg<-(Retired)
button_art_editor_aso_by_timjcampbell-db

#11 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,014 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:30 PM

Reese, you beautiful bastard!

John Roberts (or JonBob as I like to call him) is technically still FUS's official second-in-command, but nowadays he pretty much just sits around and drinks beer.

And I don't even do that anymore (it's single malt scotch now. Watching too much Mad Men.). Seriously, I am that out of touch here lately that I would not be surprised to login one day to find I've been deleted. Or demoted. Or traded off to a different forum (Paul tried doing that once, actually. I knew something was suspicious when my FUS login directed me to a Canadian Sodomy forum).

9:06

#12 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,595 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:57 PM

Or demoted. Or traded off to a different forum (Paul tried doing that once, actually. I knew something was suspicious when my FUS login directed me to a Canadian Sodomy forum).

He's trying to get the Canucks to the cup...

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#13 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,014 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:25 PM

Two Canucks, one cup?

#14 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,595 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:30 PM

Two Canucks, one cup?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#15 Vlad Yvhv

Vlad Yvhv

"Non-Intruder Organism"

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:06 PM

Hmm... I've lost track... Have we met, or were you gone before my time?

Projection: If Intruder Organism reaches civilized areas...

Entire world population infected 27,000 hours from first contact.

#16 Scott Reese

Scott Reese

Geezer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:52 AM

Its been probably four or five years since the last time I posted so probably before you came around. I used to be the resident weed head and all around kook. :P

#17 wildfire

wildfire

Pro Lurker

• Fellow FUSer
  • 246 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:56 AM

Wondered if I had the right Reese when I saw you the other day.  Yeah, I'm like a pro lurker here these days.  I post every now and again every few months and then let myself be distracted by some such thing or another.  Yeah, haven't seen Prime in a long time, Jim's deleted his account and mostly forgotten we're here.  Nique pop's in about as often as I do, and I'm sure the old crew's been around in some fashion or another.  Truth be told I miss you guys all a lot at times.  My fellow family in weirdness...

My X-Box LIVE Gamertag: a b1ue streak

Feel free to add me

3-22-05/8-23-11/2-17-12 Gone but never forgotten (I miss you guys)

#18 Scott Reese

Scott Reese

Geezer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:49 AM

Well I'm just glad to see that some core members are still around and kickin. Got plenty of weirdness in life but its always nice to come back to the weirdness I recognize and appreciate heheh.

#19 wildfire

wildfire

Pro Lurker

• Fellow FUSer
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:46 AM

Always a pleasure to chat with an old friend.  You'll hafta send me your contact info sometime.

My X-Box LIVE Gamertag: a b1ue streak

Feel free to add me

3-22-05/8-23-11/2-17-12 Gone but never forgotten (I miss you guys)

#20 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,014 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:51 PM

Well I'm just glad to see that some core members are still around and kickin. Got plenty of weirdness in life but its always nice to come back to the weirdness I recognize and appreciate heheh.

It's actually really, really cool scrolling through a thread and seeing old names pop-up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users