Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  furrykef : (02 December 2020 - 04:04 PM)

Now that all the parts have arrived, I'm not in any mood to actually build the PC.

@  furrykef : (30 November 2020 - 09:25 AM)

Welp. The good news is my RAM arrived today. The bad news is I'd misread the package tracking, so my mobo and fan are coming late.

@  furrykef : (30 November 2020 - 02:25 AM)

Groan. All my parts are supposed to get here today, except my RAM shipped late, so it will get here Wednesday. And there's no DDR4 RAM anywhere else in the house.

@  furrykef : (23 November 2020 - 04:17 AM)

Me.

@  Nex : (21 November 2020 - 07:11 PM)

All this chat about failing hardware reminds me that I gotta update my GPU n SSD this year. Who'dve thought an M.2 boot drive could get filled entirely by sodding Windows updates >.<

@  tiff15 : (21 November 2020 - 12:28 PM)

computer fans are starting to wonk out, so Im using a laptop for now...Hi all!

@  furrykef : (18 November 2020 - 05:56 AM)

The bad news is my hard drive is busted. So I'm currently on a Linux Mint Live CD. Ain't that fun?

@  furrykef : (18 November 2020 - 05:56 AM)

Whew! I'm finally on my PC after three weeks of not being able to use it.

@  Shadow : (07 November 2020 - 01:51 PM)

FUS should bring back the artist galleries.

@  Ishapar : (05 November 2020 - 01:22 PM)

Honestly I only come here for Sea3on and the forums.

@  Nex : (03 November 2020 - 08:00 PM)

Crikey! I'm so used t just heading straight to the forum since the front page hadn't updated since July 2019 xD

@  wildfire : (03 November 2020 - 01:09 AM)

HOLY SCHNIKES! The main site's been updated

@  Nex : (28 October 2020 - 10:15 AM)

You can panic all you like though. Just don't you DARE painc!

@  John Roberts : (28 October 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Don't painc!

@  tiff15 : (23 October 2020 - 09:14 AM)

Thanks for the welcome guys. Im working with Octascratchrock right now on our RP series. once thats up to snuff, we can continue the series here (I hope.) I'll also see about moving my fan fiction series here as well.

@  Shadow : (15 October 2020 - 12:36 PM)

All your base are belong to us.

@  Ishapar : (13 October 2020 - 12:16 PM)

So the last two days had the most shoutbox activity. We broke a record, mates!

@  Ishapar : (13 October 2020 - 12:11 PM)

I haven't been doing much of anything in life, so I really haven't been to forums either. Hey, tiff15, welcome back.

@  Nex : (13 October 2020 - 12:54 AM)

Ya most of the FUS monkeys like to hide in the Discord server these days.

@  tiff15 : (12 October 2020 - 05:02 PM)

I see. well, Im just glad someone answered at some point. Ive been to less active forums, so this is fine! ^-^

Photo

What Year Is It?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 A Fox in a Dress

A Fox in a Dress

Relic of the past

• Fellow FUSer
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 10:13 PM

Hi all.

None of you will remember me because I can't even remember the username I had here 50 years ago. It was either Fadedmyth or something like that. I drew a lot.

Well, I've got news for you, I still draw a lot. Just not a lot of Sonic. It's been a while. How you doing, kids?

Me? Oh I'm just fine. I got out of Australia just in time for it to burn down, and now I'm n America, ready for the same thing to happen here. Ah, life.

Seriously though I'm good. It's weird to think the last time I was here I was some punk in Australia working in a retail store, now I work in the game industry. 10+ years now. Nintendo, Bungie, now Sucker Punch. Life's good.

How are you all? I missed you kids. Oh yeah I drew stuff. It's in the gallery. I'm rusty. Go easy on me.

*Back cracks*

Welp. Off to the hospital for oldmanitis.

I'm on Patreon! Sign up if you want to see more Sonic art or just chill.

#2 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,619 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:08 AM

Welcome back

Seriously though I'm good. It's weird to think the last time I was here I was some punk in Australia working in a retail store, now I work in the game industry. 10+ years now. Nintendo, Bungie, now Sucker Punch. Life's good.

giphy.gif

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#3 A Fox in a Dress

A Fox in a Dress

Relic of the past

• Fellow FUSer
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 05:08 PM

You get one.

Whether or not I can answer it is not guaranteed.

#4 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,032 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 05:29 AM

Way to leave the rest of us Aussies behind to burn up in this mess. *Maybe* I remember you? That username you tried to spell (or spew) rings some bells?

Fuck knows. Welcome back though mate! We've all gone through bigger and weirder changes since first signing up to this forum back in the 60s.

Except for Kef. Kef is still a twat.

9:06

#5 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,619 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:06 PM

You get one.

Whether or not I can answer it is not guaranteed.

Well it depends, Halo-era Bungie or Destiny-era Bungie cause if it's the latter then I'll need to think about it.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#6 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 05:10 PM

There won't be anything to think about, because you just used up your one question. :P

#7 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,619 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:49 PM

That doesn't count because I do not know what era he worked in. I might have a specific question for either one (though more for Destiny)

#8 MoKat

MoKat

Don't make Eliza-Death summon her Thanatos...

• Fellow FUSer
  • 773 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 01:06 PM

Hi all.

None of you will remember me because I can't even remember the username I had here 50 years ago. It was either Fadedmyth or something like that. I drew a lot.

Hi.

Hmm, that rings a faint bell. I used to draw a lot too. I'm a lot busier these days, and every time I sit down the cat jumps into my lap; kinda makes it hard 4 me to draw ;D

post-1851-0-51713600-1506363973.png

#9 A Fox in a Dress

A Fox in a Dress

Relic of the past

• Fellow FUSer
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:46 PM

My fat cats always jump in my lap when I'm drawing. That's a universal constant.

I worked in Destiny-era Bungie, from D1 through to November of last year. I'm now at Sucker Punch working on Ghost of Tsushima.

You won't get much out of me though, unless it's general studio culture questions. NDAs are a thing and I respect my teammates even after we part ways.

Oh and according to comments on my Deviant Art I was apparently Faded Myth here, which checks out. I remember a bunch of people here (some I still know outside of FUS). My art is slightly better now though.

#10 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,619 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 09:09 AM

My fat cats always jump in my lap when I'm drawing. That's a universal constant.

I worked in Destiny-era Bungie, from D1 through to November of last year. I'm now at Sucker Punch working on Ghost of Tsushima.

You won't get much out of me though, unless it's general studio culture questions. NDAs are a thing and I respect my teammates even after we part ways.

That's why I'm gonna list a few because I do not know what you'll be able to answer.

1. It's been well documented that Destiny's story has changed over time. At the start of D1 when you get revived by Dinklebot Northbot it has been said that this was supposed to be the Exo start as the Human and Awoken starts were scrapped due to the changes made before launch, would you be able to say what the Human and Awoken starts would have been like?

2. What was the inter-office reaction when Cayde-6's death was confirmed to start off Forsaken?

3. Who/what were your favorite/least favorite characters/weapons/areas to work on and were there any sort of characters/weapons/areas that you saw in development that you liked but didnt make it past development stages?

#11 A Fox in a Dress

A Fox in a Dress

Relic of the past

• Fellow FUSer
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:57 PM

1: No idea! I started at Bungie in 2013 and by then we were past that point, so I don't even know if that's accurate or not. It's all documented internally but that's not something I ever really digged into since I was too busy constantly trying to ship what we were currently working on. Which never ends when you're on a live service title. It's always onto the next thing.

2: The people who make the game are just like everyone else, each with their own attachments to various characters. Overall I think everyone agreed it was a dynamic way to kick Forsaken off. Certainly it fit the vibe. I think everyone was sad to see Cayde go but at the same time excited about pushing the story and game forward to new horizons.

3: I didn't work on the weapons myself, but my favorite weapon is the Two-Tailed Fox. I'll give you a couple guesses why that might be. I can't speak about stuff that never made the cut though. These things have a habit of making their way into the game sooner or later.

#12 A Fox in a Dress

A Fox in a Dress

Relic of the past

• Fellow FUSer
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 11:18 PM

Incidentally, I remember doing a bunch of Cayde art around the time Forsaken was coming out. These were just for fun and not for anything professional.

https://twitter.com/...035939617325057

I also had the pleasure of working with art director Shiek Wang on a mini comic that we cooked up just for fun. I wrote it and did the concept art/panel layout, he did the final artwork:

https://twitter.com/...809743444992000

#13 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 09:08 PM

I remember you from DA. I watched your work when you did a lot of funny Sonic art that seemed to vanish.

#14 A Fox in a Dress

A Fox in a Dress

Relic of the past

• Fellow FUSer
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 03:18 AM

Yeah that was me. I still do silly art, but I'm also cleaning up my portfolio so that my better stuff is front and center. My old stuff still exists here and there.

#15 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 04:40 PM

I do miss your old work. A lot of it was pretty funny. Especially the "I lick nuts" one.

Also, is your topic title a Twin Peaks reference?

#16 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,619 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:53 AM

Hey Fox, I do got one more question for you:

What do you think of Bungie's current situation with Destiny? It seems like the player base is rather pissed off about how Eververse seems to be getting all the better content while the seasons since Shadowkeep seem to be rather lackluster in content, with heavy complaints to season rewards, overrelying on bounties, lack of decent loot, etc. The FOMO problem has been talked extensively but up until recently little seemed to be addressed, even less so with the extreme negative reception of Eververse post-Activision. I've actually skipped Season of the Worthy because I burnt myself out in Season of the Dawn. I still love the game but I just can't bring myself to play it right now. I'm just curious what a former employee thinks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users