Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

Photo

Bwrosas Comic Discussions

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#61 zelchias

zelchias

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

Indeed. It's one of the several things I gleefully await seeing come down on St. John's head in the long run.

#62 bwrosas

bwrosas

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 410 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

GameboySage's Latest Take on The Sally Hate (Brings up some good points)

Let's Talk
by ~gameboysage
Fan Art / Anthro / Digital / Games ©2012 ~gameboysage
We all know there is a lot of Sally hatred out there, even after she made the ultimate sacrifice and gave up her free will and body to save the entire world. One thing I notice is that a lot of the time people that try to defend Sally often show her as crying or angry, when in truth the Sally we all know and love would meet this kind of hatred in only one way. With a clear and calm mind, and to talk to these people like the diplomat that she is. Whether the people she talks to would be willing to talk about facts and logic or just stick to their blind hatred though, is entirely up to them.

I could see being indifferent to Sally or having no really caring about her, but to flat out hate her and want her gone for good? I mean this is a strong feminine roll model we have here that honestly cares about her people and is willing to get her hands dirty to save the day, how can you flat out hate someone like this so badly that you want her dead?

Bellow is a little list of why I think Sally doesn't deserve the hatred she's been getting for so long now, a lot of which was said in my Derpy/Sally art, with some new material added into it.

Now I've heard quite a few reasons for hating Sally, many of them double standard nonsense and others being entirely unfair. The easiest one to disprove is the way she dresses. Why do people follow the belief that male Mobians can be naked while females have to be fully clothed? Cause they have curves? Seems kinda pointless since they have fur so you see nothing extra then what you'd see from a lady wearing a leotard...or are you saying the female body is something to be ashamed of?

As far as how she's drawn in the comic, most of the time she's drawn in a chibi form and only every so often does she take a more human form. Either way, isn't that something to hate the artist for instead of Sally? Why hate her because of how someone chooses to draw her? Why hate a character because of how people choose to draw fan art of her? Wouldn't you have to hate almost every single female character in any franchise ever if that was the case? If she was male this wouldn't even remotely be an issue to even talk about. Don't bother bringing up that it's cause the males have animal shapes while females have curves, there are plenty of male characters without clothes that have rather human looking forms, try looking up Drago for one.

I even have a suspicion that the entire Mecha-Sally arc is one very long reason to have Sally start wearing full body clothing when she gets turned back to normal. I mean Robotnik alters her body and now it's covered in all blue instead of her fur coloring? It's pretty obvious that just like when Bunny had a leotard and a belt on when she was de-roboticized, Sally will also be wearing full body clothing when she gets turned back to normal. I hate the idea of Archie falling to peer pressure that makes no sense, but it's quite likely that by 250 we'll have a Sally with a new design that is fully covered -.- (although why she'd want to wear the clothes she had on due to being Mecha Sally, I don't know).

Another reason people pick on Sally is how a handful of the male characters seem attracted to her. So, why is that a problem again? Exactly how many female characters are attracted to Sonic? Doesn't he have a ton of people attracted to him as well? Why must Sally be singled out for this? Let's also not forget that virtually anyone besides Sonic that liked her is currently in or was in a relationship with someone else. None of the love interests are pining for Sally and waiting in the shadows to strike, they've started their own relationships with other people.

Another way to think about it, is would it be more preferred to have Sonic and Sally fall in love for life right away on day one, or to date other people and find out after time that they truly are made for each other? The later seems more realistic to me.

On the same line, people hate her for the simple fact that she's trying to date Sonic, when some claim he only belongs to Amy or that Sonic shouldn't date at all. Amy didn't even exist in the SatAM show and that's what the comic is based on. This is also not the video game Sonic but another one entirely, an alternate dimension if you will. Why are you trying to demand that this Sonic be stuck to the same constraints as the video games when even SEGA themselves want the video games and Archie comic to be separated entirely?

Plus let's not forget the rather awesome paring of Han Solo and Leia Organa from the Star Wars series. It's amazingly similar to Sonic and Sally paring up and proves that a freedom loving rascal and a battle princess can hook up and have a very loving and fun relationship for years to come.

Going back to the whole Amy thing though...Sally was around and a potential love interest for Sonic before Amy was even released in a game to be played. Sonic the Hedgehog Issue #0 came out around March 1993 while the game Amy came from was out closer to September 1993. Not only that, but the comic hinted to Sonic and Sally having feelings for each other while the game made it very clear that Sonic had no feelings for Amy at all (plus she's technically the same age as Tails). Long story short, SEGA themselves said Sonic and Amy will never become a couple, why so hate Sally for dating him, when Amy never had a chance to begin with?

A third reason and the last I'll bring up is the Sally slap that occurred in 134, which I believe is the main reason for why so many people hate Sally in the first place and then struggled to find other reasons to hate her after. For starters, she was ridiculously out of character in that comic and the next few issues after while Bollers was the writer in charge. None of the other writers had Sally act like this so it's safe to assume that Sally wasn't herself in those issues and was acting like someone else entirely. It's quite similar to when someone writes a mini series for Marvel or DC and turns Batman into a murderous psycho or Superman into a depressed emo due to losing his powers. Do you hate them forever now because of how they acted in those few issues, or do you go based on their true personality that you know is how they really are like?

If you want even more to think about, what about Fiona, Tails and Mina? Fiona had a breakdown and turned completely evil for very little reason and people still support her, even though she's still a jerk and evil today. Tails had a breakdown, broke the law and broke his father out of jail and came to blows with Sonic physically all because Sonic was dating the girl that looked like the older version of a robot he once dated for a day when he was younger. People still supported Tails during all of that. Heck, Mina had a breakdown and created a hate song and is indirectly responsible for allowing Naugus to take over the kingdom so very easily, all because she didn't talk to Sonic and Sally before creating that song...yet people still support Mina.

What about Sally? She had to go an entire year thinking Sonic was dead and living with the fact that that she would never see her beloved ever again. One year goes by and he suddenly shows up and as soon as she thinks he's back in her life, she sees him getting beaten up and about to get killed again in front of her. Is it safe to say this would case her to have a mental breakdown and say and do things she doesn't necessarily mean? Even for a good chunk of time after the slap where she acts like a jerk to Sonic due to fearing going through the same pain all over again? You bet! Why is it that when other characters do stupid things everyone defends them, but Sally does something stupid and suddenly she's to be hated for life?

Why hate the character when it's the writer that makes them do the stupid things? Sally is a good person that has lived her life trying to bring peace and happiness to her people, that while having good points is a believable person and has her own weaknesses, how can you hate a character like that? Even after Penders and even Flynn turned Sally back to normal people continued to struggle to find reasons to hate her...I just don't get that. It's quite easy to see what Sally's actual personality is, even if she has a breakdown from time to time. I mean come on guys, she just gave up her body and soul to save the world, you don't have the "selfish" card to play anymore at all either.

Don't hate the character, hate the writer that ruined the character.

http://gameboysage.d...-Talk-291489902

#63 bwrosas

bwrosas

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 410 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

Should We Rush To Have Ian Flynn Removed As Head Writer?

Well, from what many have seen & read (depending on your point of view), it would seem that many (if not some) are cocked and ready to have that done, or at least start some of kind of movement to have Ian removed.

Now I'm not saying that I want Ian removed, but from what other's have ranted about, concerning his most recent actions in the comic and the Sonic Universe spinoff, (again depending on your point of view) can anyone truly blame them?

Others have come out and said and suggested to "let things play out, because you don't know what Ian has in store for the future issues of this massive storyarc." This indeed is a vaild point, and despite how people feel, that's exactly what myself and some others (who on the thin line fence when comes to Ian) are indeed doing. But again, you totally can't blame some for feeling the way they do when it comes to Ian's writing.

One of the major compliants that they have is, that Ian is going too much for shock value instead of plot development. Now others will argue that is not entirely true, and from their point of view it may not be, but others see it differently.

Some fans, like GBS, have even stated in their latest DA journal (http://gameboysage.d...y-Hit-292165121), that they have noticed other fans, some that are even on Ian's own Bumbleking web page/message board are started to notice cracks in his writing and that people are not simply freaking out over characters getting injured, but just the writing in general is starting to get people confused and annoyed, with how things are playing out. Now some will agree with GBS's point here, and of course they will be others that won't.

But GBS isn't the only one that has an issue with Ian's writing or his way of structing the story or characters in the comic. Others like LaserX5/SatAMSonicx93, Bleeding-Fingertips, ReeceTails, Louis The Hedgehog, Power 1x, Twilight-Na, among many others (including at times, those you wouldn't expect) all have an issue with Ian's writing and structiing of the story and characters. But also feel that he is slowly intergated something that he did before he became the head writer. Again, there will be a division on that subject as well/always.

Some have said that this "upset and unnerve the fans" arc of Ian's has not lived up to the hype and hasn't done justice to the comic/comics overall. Many have pointed out the fact, that it seems that Ian's has currently gone more along the lines of the "A Wizard did it" forluma when it comes to certain situations in the comic. While others have pointed out some flaws in recent issues, (ex. Elias and family leaving during the day instead of at night., Bunnie not getting a nantie suit or enhancements like Rotor., Robotnik/Eggman talking with Nagus like their old buddies, when this isn't the prime Robotnik, etc.. )

And of course, there's Sally. Everyone is divided on this. Some like what Ian has done and feel it will create some great character development for her, if/when/should she be returned to normal, which I agree is a strong valid point. While others don't like it one bit, and feel that this is just a year-long excuse to get her fully clothed when/if/should she be returned to normal, which in someways is a strong valid point as well. Of course through they have pointed out the fact, that to do this, Ian had to modified Sally with weapons (blades, lasers, and as of SU#38, a gun in her head?), which some have said is really, really pushing it for Ian and his writing, and as I mentioned/asked at the beginning, can you truly blame them?

Now I know some, if none of you at these forums will agree with me or those that I mentioned. But you have to respect the fact, that despite whither you agree with their point of view or not, they at least came out and expressed how they feel about the comic and how Ian currently is doing in their eyes. Just as you here at these forums have the right to express how you feel about Ian and how he currently doing on the comic. So at least you have to show some respect for that.

Well, that is all I have to say for the night, have a good evening and sleep.

-bwrosas

(PS. YES I DID TYPE THIS WITH MY BARE HANDS AND FINGERS! ;) )

Attached Files

#64 bwrosas

bwrosas

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 410 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

Question : Is this Storyarc An Excuse to Get Sally Fully Clothed At The End of it?

What I mean, is with Ian having Eggman modifiy and weaponize Sally, complete with a blue body or armor. Is this Ian's way of finally fully clothing Sally if/when/should she be restored in the end. Well some fans do feel that might be the case. But why?

Well, throughout the years, the one thing many Non-Sally Fans have complained about, is the fact that she's almost completely naked, with the only execptions being her vest and boots. Now some/many long-time fans are okay with this, because this is how they have known Sally throughout the years in the comic and SatAM, heck she even has this design on the cover of the "Best of Sonic The Hedgehog" comic collection coming out later this year (I think it's this year). But still there are those that feel different about it, and throughout time, their dislike for her just wearing a vest and boots have shown.

Being among those fans since the game's reboot with "Sonic Adventure", one could probably understand this. Why? Because these non fans have pointed out at various times, that they feel that's it's unfair that characters like, Amy Rose, Rouge, Shade, Cosmo, Vanilla and Cream, and even Blaze and Marine have to be fully clothed, and Sally isn't. Heck, they even point out the fact that even, Bunnie, Mina, Lupe, and even Hershey are fully clothed and that it's unfair that Sally isn't. Now many would agree with their arguements, but again, there are those that try to point out the fact, that this is how Sally is.

One reason they point out is the fact that she is somewhat of a tomboy princess, and by just wearing a vest and boots, along with a short hairstyle is one way of proving that, which one would argue and agree is a valid point to make.

But if you want another example, let's look at Cleo, from "The Cataillc Cats", she naked for most of that show's run and in her appearances. Now I know someone will point out the fact that it was during the show's run from the mid-late 80s, so she was able to get away with it.

Okay, but what about Mona Lisa (from Season 4) in the orginal (TMNT) that aired on CBS in the 1990's, she was naked in her mutant form, save a belt and a ascot. And what about Venus in (Next Mutantion) she was naked for a majority of that show's run and no one complained and it was live-action, not animated. And again I know someone will point out the fact that she was/is a turtle and there's a differnce. True, however you should get what I'm trying to say and point out here.

The fact of the matter is, that there are those that don't like the idea of this arc possibly being nothing more than a long runned/running excuse to get her in a fully clothed bodysuit, because all she wears is a vest and boots. They feel by doing this, Ian is giving in to peer presure from not just Sega, but from fans that complain.

But here's a question for ya, How do you know that if this happens, if it won't be for the remainder of that issue she's possibly restored in, and that in the next issue she won't be back to her vest and boots style. How do you not know that? Because if you do, you'll realize, that's how she is and always will be accepted.

True, some fans have drawn art of what they feel she will look like in a bodysuit after she is possibly changed back to normal. And the reason they do this, is so they (Along with those that view their art) won't be too shocked and surprised by it, if that is what Ian might do, if she is possibly restored in a future issue or so.

So I thought I'd get that off my chest.

-bwrosas.

#65 blue

blue

Veteran poster

• Fellow FUSer
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

I don't think that is possible.

What I mean was after Ian left the comics and a new writer would make the comic better or worse depending on his or her style.

#66 bwrosas

bwrosas

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 410 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

You know, with the rumored news that the Sonic franchise (overall) is being considered for a reboot in 2014 if not beyond that, one has to wonder how this will affect the comic book series, the main one and the universe one, as well as all the specialized books and graphic novels that have come and will be coming out in the near future, how will this rumored reboot affect it overall.

Well there are many ways to look at it. 1. Archie comics could just restart the main comic book series with an all-new number one issue, just like comic book companies like Marvel and DC do with some of their titles. Now that could be one way to go, but the question is, will the fan base/subscribers/readers of the comic accept it? Some fans have stated that a reboot is necessary, because they feel that if the comic book series restarts fresh without any of the confusion that the current comic book in their eyes is/has caused throughout its history, they feel and believe would be for the better.
Others however feel that a reboot is not necessary, and that all that needs to be done is for whoever is in charge to basically fix the confusion that some say is there. I mean from what they have said, a reboot would not change anything. Because just like with the current comic, we would still have the same staff working on the new one that is currently working on the current one.

Another option fans would look at as a possibility, is if Archie comics decided to do another spinoff, in other words should this rumored reboot occur, instead of restarting the main comic and the universe spinoff, that doing an all-new original spinoff comic based on the rumored reboot would be better than just stopping the main comic and the universe spinoff in mid-story arc.

Now despite whatever direction Archie comics may go in, should the rumored reboot occur. One has to think about those working on the comics. I mean right now we are in the middle of this very epic if not controversial story arc in the main comic book and it's spinoff. Now no one knows for sure if the 50th issue of the universe comic and the 247th issue of the main comic will be the beginning to the conclusion of this epic/controversial story arc that is currently going on. The reason being, is that those working on the comic have kind of hinted at the fact that this story arc may continue well beyond the 250th issue of the main comic, which when you look at it could very well be a reality and a possibility.

However, plans may change. For if this rumored reboot becomes a reality, then the possibility of this epic/controversial story arc going beyond issue 250, could have to make a slight u-turn if the reboot somehow affects the main comic book series and the spinoff in some way. Because as I mentioned above, the reboot, rumor or not is being targeted for a 2014 release if not beyond that, and you have to realize if that is true and if it becomes a reality, then the plans truthful or not to extend this story arc beyond 250 may cause this story arc to end at 250. Because when you add the 25 more months to the 275th issue, that goes way beyond 2014 and into 2015 which is past or around the timeframe that the rumored reboot will/may occur. Again though, the only possibility for this story arc to extend beyond the 250th issue is for Archie comics to possibly create another spinoff comic based around the rumored reboot, that my fellow Sonic fans would be the only way.

But then the question will arise though or has arised, what if Archie comics doesn't have a license no more to publish the Sonic comics in the future? Well what's ironic about that question, is that according to a previous report, the Sega Corporation themselves right now are in a financial downward spiral. In other words their losing a lot of money. And we all know that when a corporation goes belly up, that all the names, all the properties, and all the characters go belly up with them, that's if though a more financially secured Corporation comes in and buys up was left of the Sega Corporation. However, right now it seems Sega is okay. But even if they survive financially, will they still renew their license and allow Archie comics to publish the Sonic The Hedgehog comic book series, and it universe spinoff, etc.? Well, I would have to say that they probably will allow Archie comics to keep the license to publish the comics, for that is one way of gaining financial security for the Corporation.

This of course, (the financial reasoning being one of the reasons), is why this rumored reboot of the Sonic franchise is being explored and discussed. And although some fans are skeptical about it, and some fans are intrigued by it. The question still remains, how will it affect the Archie comics publication of the Sonic comic book series, the universe spinoff, the graphic novels etc., in the near future? Will the main comic have to restart with an all-new number one issue, or when they create a spinoff comic based on this rumored reboot?

Those my friends, are questions that we hope to have answered in the very near future.

Thank you for your time

#67 bwrosas

bwrosas

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 410 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

https://d.facdn.net/...ss='bbc_img' />

#68 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Uh....good for you?

#69 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,573 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

Yeah...I'm not really sure where you are going with this....did you get them all?

#70 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

If your going to say something, then say it.

#71 bwrosas

bwrosas

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 410 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

You may want to mark this down. For on this day, Monday, April 16, 2012. I am going to attempt to prove to each and every one of you that I am indeed in the "MIDDLE" as I say I am.

Now I'm pretty sure that it's become no secret that despite what I say or have said in the past 5 1/2 months, that a majority of you here at these message boards and even at sites like YouTube feel as though I have not shown that I am indeed in the middle. I can't blame you for feeling like that, because from the various videos and posts that I have shared with each and every one of you, it may seem and look like I am not in the middle. But I am here today to prove you all wrong. Or at least attempt to.

Let's get started shall we.

I'm pretty sure that is become no secret that many fans including myself are not happy with Sally being mechanized and later on weaponized/modified. But despite how we feel whither we all on one side against Ian and hate what he's done or were on his side and love what he's done or in my case at least attempt to be in the middle and let the future be judged for itself. I will say this, we may and may not like the new and temporary (in my eyes) Mechanized Sally. But we all know sometimes for the victory to be greater for the forces of good, their despair and being strongly weekend and shaked must be just as bad if not downright rock-bottom and low for the victory in the end to be greater.

And even if that means taking one of the most popular characters and most popular princesses in the history of videogame related media and comic book/Saturday morning cartoon related media and turning her into a mechanized/weaponized villainess if only for a temporary time. Then so be it. For in the end, should/would/if/will she be restored, the character development for her will possibly be great. One, she may not trust herself to go on missions anymore because she will be unsure of the decisions she will make and whether or not it will negatively affect her and her friends. However secondly, she could go back to being the Sally that everybody loves and everybody despises but yet have a different outlook on things. Example being she can still stick to the code of honor, thus showing mercy to their enemies and rivals and let them in the end rot in prison or find a way from preventing them to cross zones/diminsions into their world, with Eggman though being the exception, and that with him they would show no mercy. In other words she could look at Eggman who's currently using her as a weapon and say "Screw him, let's take Eggman out once and for all so he is no longer a problem for us or anyone." Those my friends are just a few examples of the character development that could come out of her restoration, should/when/if it happens down the road.

Now as far as the story goes itself. We may not like some of the decisions that Ian Flynn makes when it comes to this story arc, but you have to agree, whether you like to or not, this story arc has got people talking and it's got them guessing. Now the reason I say that is because there has not been a story arc in quite some time out of this comic book series that has gotten so much attention from fans and even media. Yet this one has. For even though we have at times guessed and predicted what Ian was going to do next, this is one time where we may get it right but then again we may not. Now I will admit and I know I'll get some backlash for this, Ian Flynn can be controversial, and it may seem at times that he's running out of ideas. But this is why in my opinion I feel that he's put all the chips down and he's wagering/betting everything on this massive story arc. The question will be whether or not it will pay off for him in the end. And even if I intend to disagree or agree with it, from the reaction that this story arc has been getting from various websites and media and fans, from where I stand right now it looks like it's definitely going to be a huge payoff in a positive way.

I know some you reading this, and even watching the other version may think that I have lost my mind. But I have not, for you see I will not deny that I am a Sonic/Sally supporter, and that at times I do kind of show favoritism to the Saturday morning contingency. But here's why. When you have been a fan as long as I have, that of course being since the beginning and have only establish yourself as a fan of the American version of Sonic, and only in the past 10 to 15 years immersed yourself into the other franchises and media outlets of Sonic, then you too would understand why it may seem and I'm not hiding behind this that I show favoritism towards those that don't like what Ian Flynn has done. But here's the thing, when issue 123 came out, I was living in Lawrence Kansas, and when I saw that cover and I read that issue I was as happy as a schoolboy, and the reason was because in my opinion at that time the true pairing of romance of this franchise was back together. However fast-forward to the introduction of Sonic X, and my whole outlook changed, for you see I came to realize that there are indeed different fan bases within the fan base of this franchise. And as I've said before in various different outlets, Sonic X was the SatAM of this generation. It was/is the possible reasoning while you have supporters of Sonic/Amy as opposed to the Sonic/Sally supporters. And again it was through this that I came to accept that it doesn't matter what version of Sonic you're a fan of, things are going to be different and fans of going to favor one side over the other and vice versa.

And this is what I've been meaning when I said I was in the middle. For you see I'm a fan of both sides. Even though at times it may not seem like it, I am. All I have been doing when I relink my fellow fans to these rants and summaries and opinions that other fans have and the reason I do it the other way and relay the message through that, is because I'm providing a medium for both sides. That is what I am doing.

Look we may not all agree with what Ian has done. We may all look at it in different aspects, but truth be told what Ian has set out to do he has accomplished. He's got us talking about the story arc more than any other story arc with the exception of Endgame and as I said before he's got us guessing and trying to predict what he's got planned next.

True some of us may not like him coming out and admitting that he loves to torture the fans and loves to see us squirm if you will. But when you look at it in between the lines and come to the realization whether we like it or not, or we like to admit it on not, that is the job of every head comic book writer, doesn't matter who they are are or who they work for, it's their job to keep us on edge and to keep us guessing/predicting or at least trying to.

You know when I did the other version of this yesterday, I mentioned in it that the new story arc addtions/issue/stories happening down the line, will be kind of reminiscing of the mid-90s wrestling feud between WCW and the NWO. Now I know you'll read this and say what does that have to do with the story arc. Well let me explain, like I mentioned above, in the mid-90s the NWO was dominating WCW for over a year, from summer of 1996 to about Christmas 1997, sure WCW had small victories here and there, but it was mostly NWO domination, that was until Sting beat Hulk Hogan at the Starrcade 1997 pay-per-view and thus WCW not only finally had its grand victory over its adversaries, but the NWO was never quite the same after that. You had the NWO split into two different factions, one was the red and black, which from the comic book standpoint you can look at as possibly the Secret Freedom Fighters and even Bunnie if you want to throw her into that group, the black and white faction, which from a comic book standpoint is like the Eggman Empire, the OWN, which from a comic book standpoint is like Snively and the Iron Queen (possibly) and the Chaotix , and WCW, which from a comic book standpoint is the Freedom Fighters/Team Fighters. Now the reason I created the similarities, was back then, in 1998 you had WCW, the red and black Wolfpack, and the OWN all against the black and the white, and from what I remember the black-and-white didn't really achieve much and in the summer of 98 WCW had another grand victory when Bill Goldberg defeated Hulk Hogan for the WCW title on Nitro in front of the whole free world, and just like in December of that past year, the black and the white most importantly started to lose a lot of steam. Now true the black and white and red and black reunited at the beginning of 99, but as many wrestlers that were part of that group and those working behind the scenes, will pretty much tell you, things when never the same, and that the NWO lost a lot of momentum after that, and pretty much when they decided to have Hulk Hogan go back to being a baby face again and wearing the red and yellow, that pretty much ended a era. And no matter how many times they try to bring it back, no matter who the company was, it was never the same.

Now the reason I used that for an example, is because that's what I feel Ian Flynn may be building towards in the near future, to a point and climax that will have Eggman not only fully decimated, but his empire never being the same again. That's what I feel in my opinion Ian Flynn is building towards whether on not we like what he's doing to the characters right now.

You know there are some Bunnie fans out there that don't like what she's going to be doing or possibly doing, but I feel, if she's going to try to get her cybernetics back, it's going to be a positive situation, sort of like another character that is undercover as a Grand Master, she will not succumb to the villain's control, and what ever bombs are implanted in the cybernetics, I feel she will not have to worry about for I've got a feeling they will be disarmed.

As far as Ian, creating more villainess, whether the villaines is temporary or not, I think what he's trying to do is give the female gender an equal ground for villainy. And while you may ask why, because may be he feels that the female gender isn't getting the opportunity to shine in the role of the antagonist. But it's also to show that even a female, whether we like the story arc their involved in or not can be just as powerful if not more so than the primary antagonist. And in the case of Fiona, be just as Devious and slick and smart if not more so than the primary antagonist. That is why I feel he wants to create more female villains, so they can have an equal ground with the primary antagonist. Heck even Lein-Da is in that same category.

Now as far as story arcs have gone in the past, I'll admit some have been very good and some have been very mediocre. I know a lot of fans have criticized the 11 month Iron Dominion arc, but you have to admit it established the fact that there are more villains and factions out there that are just as powerful and deadly if not more so than the Eggman Empire can/could be. Even the Suppression Squad proved to be just as dangerous as the Empire, when they had a hostile takeover of freedom headquarters, which lasted mind you for 10 issues or just about. And even when he did the Knuckles story arc where he became the new Enerjak, he did it to show just as he doing right now with Sally, it showed that the Freedom Fighters and the Chaotix would not be as invincible as they thought or invulnerable to manipulation as they thought. Now of course you had your filler issues in between the Dominion arc and 225 but even those were pretty good.

So basically folks I hope in this post/topic that I tried my best to prove to each and every one of you that I am indeed trying to be middle grounded, whither I like some of the decisions Ian Flynn has done and made, I remain optimistic and as a true fan I believe things are going to turn out right whither we like a certain character or not we all have to agree she will be restored down the line and I truly believe in closing that that restoration probably will begin around 239/240, because by the time 240 comes around it will/would have been 10 issues since she got mechanized.

God bless you all and have a good day.

Attached Files

#72 bwrosas

bwrosas

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

You know everyone, many among many feel that I constantly complaining and talk about Princess Sally's current situation way too much. And perhaps I do. But I'm not the only one. For if you to go to several websites that are dedicated to the Sonic franchise, there is no doubt that you will find several fan's that will constantly talk about Sally's current predicament just as much as I do if not more so.

But yet people want me to talk about other things going on in the comic book. Well then, if that is what they ask of me, then that is what they shall get, starting right now.

First up, Bunnie's current situation. There is somewhat of a debate going on with this. One side doesn't like the fact that Ian Flynn in their eyes just had Bunnie up and walk out on her comatoaste induced husband and just leave a note explaining or somewhat explaining her actions. On the other hand you have fans that try to explain to the other fans that Ian wrote her like this because she is now one of the characters that's in desperation mode. Meaning she will do anything to help protect her friends and her loved ones by any means necessary. Even if it means permanently giving up her bottom half and her I guess left arm to cybernetic replacement. Again fans are split in the middle because of this, and the main reason, is that whether you like him or you don't, Ian has yet to touch on this subject. In fact one fan who is coming around to Ian's writing, has stated that the Bunnie situation is the last thing that's truly bothering them and once answered with a straight fluid answer will be all that they need to truly enjoy this story arc. And this may go for a lot of other fans as well.

Now I will give Ian Flynn a lot of credit for establishing the team concept of two teams and one secret team for the upcoming story arc in the universe spinoff and in the main comic. Because I will agree, that at least these characters are not just sitting around doing nothing, and that their finally up and doing something. On one hand, you have one team going global to follow their arch nemesis and rescue the friend and try to restore her in the process. True this one team mainly consist of game characters, actually three main game characters, but if that's what Sega has asked for going into the 250th anniversary issue, it's nothing new, because it was done in the three part 175 to 177 anniversary arc, so again it's nothing new.

Then on the other other hand, you have a team consisting of one original Saturday morning/comic book character as its leader and the rest consisting of game characters, and the reason this team was built and created was to protect the citizens at home. So in other words these two teams were created to do what the original team had done before but by being split in two can accomplish more. And for that I give Ian Flynn credit.

As far as the third team, the secret team if you will, that is been created for the universe spinoff and its upcoming story arc. Again I give credit. Now true one of the members if not one of the co-leaders is the game character Silver, while the rest consists of original characters created specifically for the comic book. Now this idea has a lot of potential. For you see, Ian stated in his recent interview that some of these original characters would be touched upon and developed beyond being just background and cameo appearance characters. At least that's what I understand. Again this has a lot of potential starting with issue 41 and going all the way through to issue 44. The question however is what impact will this secret team in this spinoff story arc have. Because we know that whatever universe story arc tie-in comes after is going to have to feel the effects in some way of the previous one and whatever occurs in the main comic. But I do feel that this will indeed be a good thing in the long run.

Now speaking of the universe comic book. One question that Ian Flynn was asked, and I'm sure it's a question that many fans have, and that is if the four-part story arc pattern will be broken after this upcoming story arc. In other words will the story arc that comes after it be a three parter and the story arc after that be a two parter. My answer and personal opinion on that, I believe the cycle/pattern will be broken. Because how else are you going to fit in and tie in the 50th anniversary issue of the universe comic book with the main comic book and it's 250th anniversary issue that comes up a few months later. To me it only makes sense that this is the direction that Ian Flynn will probably go in. However like many of you, I don't really know the specifics of that and if that will be the case.

And finally, Hershey the cat. Apparently Ian Flynn had plans to incorporate her into said story arc. But as he put it in the interview that he did a week ago, that due to circumstances beyond his control, his plans for her have to be shelved for the near future/indefinitely. Now if there is one thing that a split fan base could probably agree on, it would be and I mean this with no disrespect, that if Ian Flynn new he couldn't use Hershey the cat in any shape or form due to the circumstances a.k.a. the Ken Penders/Archie comics court case, then why in the name of this franchise/comic book would you even come out and say you have concrete plans for this character. Why would you do that? I mean to be honest, if anyone here and they may disagree with me and agree with me, but if anyone here was in the position that Ian Flynn's in, and they somehow heard about or knew about this court case/circumstances, don't you think they/I/any other fan if they were in Ian Flynn's position would have asked if it was all right to probably use said character in my/our epic story arc. Don't you think it would've made more sense to ask first before coming out and saying you have concrete plans for said character. I think it would've made sense. That way you wouldn't have gotten some/most fans hopes up for this character's reappearance.

But perhaps he's just baiting us in. That's the only answer I can come up was as well as others can come up with, so who knows.

Anyway I hope that showed that I can talk about other things other than Sally's predicament.

Rebuttals/comments are welcome

God bless

Attached Files

#73 bwrosas

bwrosas

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

Is if he doesn't consider "Mobius 25-30 Years later" canon in someways. Then why did he follow up on it in a SU 4 issue arc. I understand resolving a cliffhanger that the previous writer left us on with the main comic. But why continue it, if he doesn't see it as canon.

Okay I understand, he may see it, like many do as spoiling the obvious outcome in the war with Eggman. But if that is the case, then why continue it.

True, he can (since he is the HEAD WRITER) can spin around a bit and say it takes place in another time and zone. However some may not buy that, and would still consider it canon.

I think ever the previous writer (who created the original story) doesn't like the changes made. But in truth, there's nothing he or anyone else could do (except maybe Sega and Archie Comics uppers) about it

But what do you think?

#74 blue

blue

Veteran poster

• Fellow FUSer
  • 360 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

Hey bwrosas, someone on youtube accuse you of stop buying the comics until Sally's back to normal. Though i'm sure if it's true or not, but can you correct him because I know you were neutral about this.
Here's the video:

#75 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hey bwrosas, someone on youtube accuse you of stop buying the comics until Sally's back to normal. Though i'm sure if it's true or not, but can you correct him because I know you were neutral about this.

Actually, bwrosas addressed this video with one of his own back on May 9.
Posted Image

#76 bwrosas

bwrosas

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 410 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

Could this be Sally's New Look after/if/when she's restored?

Posted Image

Makes one wonder. huh? But do anyone you agree?

#77 bwrosas

bwrosas

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 410 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

I think Ian Flynn's Trying to Get The Comic Back to Status Quo (WRITTEN)

The reason I say this. Is because despite how we feel about what is currently going in the comic's right now, whither we like or are indifferent about it, I think Ian's doing this, so he can get the comic's back to status quo. What I mean, is not some deal/situation where we have three separte teams trying to set things right, but back to the ol' Freedom Fighters and their allies going on missions, foiling Eggman's plans, end of issue/story, or issues/stories if it's multied part.

Now I know some of you will say, "Oh, but Brian, aren't they doing that now? Well, somewhat YES, and mostly NO. What I mean is by having THE Freedom Fighters (Sonic, Sally, Bunnie, Rotor, Tails, Amy Rose, Antoine, and perhaps Dulcy) along with some allies, going on missions and foiling Eggman's plans. But with a bit more wisdom on their side, meaning making sure their are ready for anything that may get thrown their way.

In fact, you know that pic I posted very recently, well with the expection of Bunnie, Antoine and Dulcy not being in that group shot, that MAYBE what we get when it's all said and done.

That's why I think Ian is doing this whole arc, that's been spanning over both comic's for the past 7-8 months, with everything ranging from Nagus becoming King to Eggman bringing back robotization and the Death Egg Mark II to recently as of 40 and 237. All because he, in my honest and humble opnion wants to restore the status quo in shape and form of matter.

But hey, that's just me. What about you?

#78 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

Could this be Sally's New Look after/if/when she's restored?

Posted Image

Makes one wonder. huh? But do anyone you agree?

Nah, this would make too much logical sense for Archie Sonic to do for Sally.

She would be a cool heroine then, and that's something I'm almost certain of they don't want to do for this character.

That's just my two cents though.
Posted Image

#79 bwrosas

bwrosas

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

Who thinks that one of the character changes, not just with you know who (if she's restored) but with several characters after this arc is over and done with, will be to finally end the likes of Eggman, Nagus, and even DR. F. once and for all. In other words, when it comes to those three, more specifically Eggman, show no mercy.

Just curious

#80 bwrosas

bwrosas

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 410 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

Hello, today is Friday, June 15, 2012.

As you could probably see, the question in this topic's name is one that some have voiced opinion on. Now I know you may sit there and say that this is like the one millionth time or so that I have talked about this, or at least in the field of it. Now in your own opinions, which you have a right to, you're probably right. But I think this is one questionable topic that has yet to be discussed at any of the Sonic forums.

Now one would probably look at this question and ask why anybody would ask this question. Well it's just a matter of opinion. For you see not just in comic books or television or movies or even sports entertainment, does an event of something or done by someone possibly start to wear thin. What I mean, is that when something initially happens at first, many will embrace it and talk about it for some time and even get behind it and probably cheer it. An example would be a year ago when WWE superstar/wrestler CM Punk dropped his infamous pipe bomb shoot or worked shoot at the end of Monday Night Raw. After that, many fans embraced Punk's pipe bomb style in the WWE, and although a year has passed and fans still give him huge pops/ovations every time he enters an arena, there are some that have voiced their opinion and said that his pipe bomb style has worn out its welcome and that it's wearing thin, and that it's shock value doesn't have the shock that it used to have. Of course that is just the opinions of some WWE/wrestling fan's.

You're probably asking, what does this have to do with the topic you're talking about? Well in the opinion of some, the Mecha-Sally deal has started to lose its flavor and value when it comes to its shock value. In other words some fans who gave/given their opinions, (just like I mentioned above in the example that I used), if they feel this whole situation with Sally and the predicament that she's in currently, has worn out its welcome and the shock value that Ian Flynn wants to go for with other characters that have yet to see her in her robotic form is wearing thin, they have to right to voice that opinion. Basically, some feel that the shock value that Ian Flynn is still trying for is done and over with and he needs to come up with something different. Like let's Merging Mecha - Sally and the Metals into one bot, that would bring shock value back to the story, believe it or not.

I know many of you here at these Sonic message boards may disagree or will disagree with what I'm saying and what these others are saying. But again it's just their opinions, just like you have your own opinions about other stuff that goes on in the comic and it's spinoff.

And before I go any further, let me say this, you have a right to say what you want to say about me and say that I'm obsessed with Sally being restored, and you have a right to say that, but let me make something perfectly clear, that your opinions and your entitled to them, but I will say this once, I am not obsessed. That's I'm going to say. Now moving back onto topic.

Again, I know some you will disagree with what is being shown here. But it's just the opinions of the fans. True you have the right to say that they need to move on and just let the comic be what it's supposed to be. And that you have a right to say that. But it's also their rights to say how they feel about this situation and how they feel it starting to wear thin.

So that's all I'm going to say on this topic, and yes I will provide a link to one of the topics down below. And don't worry it's not a video.

God bless and have a good Father's Day weekend.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm certainly getting bored of the Mecha Sally angle too. I mean how many times can you replay the "character sees Sally roboticez and is shocked" card over and over and over until you just say "get on with it already!"? I mean it's nice that she's using her tactical mind and all instead of just being a mindless fighting machine, but the shock value is completely and utterly gone now and it's just a dragging plot point that makes you wonder when it will get an ending already. However, in two issues she gets sent to assassinate her brother, so I'm guessing the climax of her arc will be reached in a few months and by around 242 or so she'll either get her mind back or be returned back to normal, time will tell. http://gameboysage.d...dates-304153785

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users