Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  wildfire : (13 September 2020 - 10:28 PM)

This is starting to become a monthly "thing" with me. Not that I mind though. What it is Shoutbox?

@  MoKat : (01 September 2020 - 08:38 AM)

*gives Ishpar a bottle of Gorilla Glue* U broke it, u can fix it :D

@  Ishapar : (29 August 2020 - 12:39 PM)

There, the quiet has been broken.

@  Ishapar : (29 August 2020 - 12:39 PM)

AHH!!@

@  Wulfsbane : (24 August 2020 - 07:21 AM)

Ye, it's been quiet here

@  MoKat : (22 August 2020 - 09:40 AM)

Looks like not much is up here, Wildfire. *looks down* Not much is down either :D

@  MoKat : (22 August 2020 - 09:39 AM)

Heh, neveermind Wulfsbane; it was just the new layout messing with me :/

@  wildfire : (20 August 2020 - 08:53 PM)

What up FUS? Thought i'd lurk a bit tonight.

@  MoKat : (20 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Hey, Wulfsbane! Woulda tell RedStranger I cannot login to FSoM now?

@  Wulfsbane : (04 July 2020 - 03:27 PM)

Happy Brexit 1776

@  Wulfsbane : (29 May 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Yo Lito

@  furrykef : (25 May 2020 - 09:38 AM)

I can handle it, but why do you want to delete your account?

@  Lito290 : (24 May 2020 - 09:02 PM)

How does one request the deletion of their account?

@  VHS : (21 May 2020 - 04:04 PM)

I gotta join that then

@  Shadow : (14 May 2020 - 01:17 PM)

Sure is. A lot more lively than here.

@  VHS : (02 May 2020 - 08:31 AM)

Oh shoot there's a Discord?

@  Nex : (25 April 2020 - 06:58 PM)

It's a disagreement between two people...n judging what goes on in there sometimes that's a very apt description xD

@  John Roberts : (25 April 2020 - 05:34 PM)

What's a Discord?

@  Nex : (25 April 2020 - 04:15 PM)

Activity is spread across forum, discord 'n the site chat room. There's life, it's just hiding under different rocks :D

@  RedAuthar : (25 April 2020 - 04:13 PM)

It's still slow. We ain't dead. Just close

Photo

Satam Episode Chronology

SatAM episode timeline chronology

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Tennyo

Tennyo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:06 AM

I think Bible was meant as a more general term in the past, but was adopted by Christianity over the years to be the name of the main book.  According to Google:

Middle English: via Old French from ecclesiastical Latin biblia, from Greek biblia ‘books,’ from biblion ‘book,’ originally a diminutive of biblos ‘papyrus, scroll,’ of Semitic origin.

I mean, think of the term "bibliophile."  It simply means that you love books.  I've met people who think it's a religious term, but it's not.  It simply means you love reading. :P

But anyway, I wanted to comment on Sonic's character in SatAM.  I always liked him since I was a kid.  I have a soft spot for the snarky, sarcastic hero who trash talks the villain (ie Spider-Man, etc)  Did he sometimes act egotistical?  Was he sometimes rude?  Yes, but think of this as just part of the hero's journey.  One of my favorite aspects of a story is reading/watching a character change and adapt to the events around them, and I feel Sonic does do this.  His ego slowly tones down over the course of the show, and he becomes more responsible and competent. 

One thing about Sonic is that he usually owns up to his mistakes, especially the big ones, and with each one he learns a lesson.  One in particular is trying to save Uncle Chuck.  He apologizes to Sally for acting so rash, and even eventually takes on a (somewhat) more responsible role where Uncle Chuck was concerned.  Sonic worries about Chuck being a spy, and tries to lecture him into giving up the spy gig to come back to safety.  It was an interesting twist.  You'd think Sonic would be the one who was all in favor of being an undercover spy in Robotropolis, but he actually disapproves of Chuck doing this. All part of growing as a character. 

Not to mention I always loved his interactions with Tails.  He takes on an older-brother role and for the most part is very responsible when Tails is in his care, even taking him on training missions to help him grow as a Freedom Fighter. 

I have no doubt we would have seen Sonic progress further had season 3 been allowed to happen.  For me, as long as I know the story doesn't think the hero being in the wrong is okay, I can deal with it, because I know there will be payoff in the character development.

Makes me even sadder that the show was cancelled before we got a season 3. :(

#42 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:05 AM

But anyway, I wanted to comment on Sonic's character in SatAM. I always liked him since I was a kid. I have a soft spot for the snarky, sarcastic hero who trash talks the villain (ie Spider-Man, etc) Did he sometimes act egotistical? Was he sometimes rude? Yes, but think of this as just part of the hero's journey. One of my favorite aspects of a story is reading/watching a character change and adapt to the events around them, and I feel Sonic does do this. His ego slowly tones down over the course of the show, and he becomes more responsible and competent.

One thing about Sonic is that he usually owns up to his mistakes, especially the big ones, and with each one he learns a lesson. One in particular is trying to save Uncle Chuck. He apologizes to Sally for acting so rash, and even eventually takes on a (somewhat) more responsible role where Uncle Chuck was concerned. Sonic worries about Chuck being a spy, and tries to lecture him into giving up the spy gig to come back to safety. It was an interesting twist. You'd think Sonic would be the one who was all in favor of being an undercover spy in Robotropolis, but he actually disapproves of Chuck doing this. All part of growing as a character.

Not to mention I always loved his interactions with Tails. He takes on an older-brother role and for the most part is very responsible when Tails is in his care, even taking him on training missions to help him grow as a Freedom Fighter.

I have no doubt we would have seen Sonic progress further had season 3 been allowed to happen. For me, as long as I know the story doesn't think the hero being in the wrong is okay, I can deal with it, because I know there will be payoff in the character development.

It makes it all the more funnier when you look at how Sonic's character has changed over the years:

* In AoStH, he is always showing off and making snarky remarks just to make himself look cool.

* In SatAM, his groove is starting to slip and he has to take more personal responsibility for his actions.

* In "Underground", he is much more levelheaded and cautious when it comes to protecting his siblings and love-ones.

* In "Sonic X", he's pretty much got the whole hero thing down and is now a professional, managing to take out nearly every threat without so much as a glance.

* Then finally, in "Boom", the whole battle shtick has become routine and he's now bored and uninterested most of the time.

Strange, isn't it?

#43 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 03:18 PM

But anyway, I wanted to comment on Sonic's character in SatAM. I always liked him since I was a kid. I have a soft spot for the snarky, sarcastic hero who trash talks the villain (ie Spider-Man, etc) Did he sometimes act egotistical? Was he sometimes rude? Yes, but think of this as just part of the hero's journey. One of my favorite aspects of a story is reading/watching a character change and adapt to the events around them, and I feel Sonic does do this. His ego slowly tones down over the course of the show, and he becomes more responsible and competent.

One thing about Sonic is that he usually owns up to his mistakes, especially the big ones, and with each one he learns a lesson. One in particular is trying to save Uncle Chuck. He apologizes to Sally for acting so rash, and even eventually takes on a (somewhat) more responsible role where Uncle Chuck was concerned. Sonic worries about Chuck being a spy, and tries to lecture him into giving up the spy gig to come back to safety. It was an interesting twist. You'd think Sonic would be the one who was all in favor of being an undercover spy in Robotropolis, but he actually disapproves of Chuck doing this. All part of growing as a character.

Not to mention I always loved his interactions with Tails. He takes on an older-brother role and for the most part is very responsible when Tails is in his care, even taking him on training missions to help him grow as a Freedom Fighter.

I have no doubt we would have seen Sonic progress further had season 3 been allowed to happen. For me, as long as I know the story doesn't think the hero being in the wrong is okay, I can deal with it, because I know there will be payoff in the character development.

It makes it all the more funnier when you look at how Sonic's character has changed over the years:

* In AoStH, he is always showing off and making snarky remarks just to make himself look cool.

* In SatAM, his groove is starting to slip and he has to take more personal responsibility for his actions.

* In "Underground", he is much more levelheaded and cautious when it comes to protecting his siblings and love-ones.

* In "Sonic X", he's pretty much got the whole hero thing down and is now a professional, managing to take out nearly every threat without so much as a glance.

* Then finally, in "Boom", the whole battle shtick has become routine and he's now bored and uninterested most of the time.

Strange, isn't it?

Nah, I'm thinking that's just Boom Sonic's character for the sake of keeping the comedy element in the show.

#44 Tennyo

Tennyo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:06 PM

Strange, isn't it?

I've actually only seen one or two episodes of Underground and I haven't seen any episodes of Boom, so I can't comment on those shows.

But I do have to confess that of the three shows you've listed that I have seen (AoStH, SatAM, and X) the SonicX version of Sonic is probably my least favorite.  In fact there were some times he just downright rubbed me the wrong way on that show.

#45 MoKat

MoKat

Don't make Eliza-Death summon her Thanatos...

• Fellow FUSer
  • 773 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 08:26 AM

But I do have to confess that of the three shows you've listed that I have seen (AoStH, SatAM, and X) the SonicX version of Sonic is probably my least favorite.  In fact there were some times he just downright rubbed me the wrong way on that show.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who feels that way.

post-1851-0-51713600-1506363973.png

#46 NotSoFast

NotSoFast

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 18 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Ironically, it was the exact opposite for me. The Sonic X incarnation was the least annoying, probably because he didn't spend most of his time bragging or acting like a clown. As much as I loved SatAM, Sonic's characterization was probably one of my least favorite parts. His behavior always came off like that of an arrogant and insufferable 11 year old trying to act cool and hip.

#47 Koreth

Koreth

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 28 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

Personally I just take season 1 with a grain of salt. It happened but maybe not the way that we saw it happen. The two seasons really do feel like different shows. Take Dulcy as an example. Season 2 acts as if she's always been there plus there's the King Acorn plothole. In season 1 he was in Ironlock Prison  while in season 2 we see that he's been in the Void since Robotnik's Coup.

It's funny that you mentioned that. I recall reading an interesting theory on these forums which attempted to explain that major plothole. To put it simply, season 1 is the original timeline, but the 2nd season is a divergent timeline caused by Sonic and Sally's time-traveling escapade; a world in which King Acorn was banished into the Void.

I think what happened was that Robotnik held King Acorn in Ironlock prison for a couple days during the coup, until he would decide what to do with him.  During this time, while KA is in the prison, is when Robotnik tricks Naugus to going to the Void.  Then he decided to send KA there too.  My clues...

1.  Robotnik mentioned during the Blast to the Past episode where he opened the portal to send KA to the void, to "give his regards to Naugus who will be your new neighbor", which tells us that he sent Naugus to the void before KA

2.  When Robotnik was tricking Naugus to going to the Void, he was wearing his red/black uniform with the cape, which means that he sent Naugus to the void after he stormed the castle and captured King Acorn.  Before he stormed the castle he was in his white royal Minister of War uniform.

While KA was in Ironlock, he found that computer and sent Sally as much info as he could, knowing that Sally and her friends may have escaped the coup.  But I think he got caught by one of the SwatBot guards which explains why he "never finished the message", as Sally pointed out in Sonic Boom.  But he still was able to save the Subter file to that computer, and then upload a message via satellite to Robotniks mainframe computer (which was probably still the Kingdom's computer at the time), the same computer that controls the stealth bots, which would explain why Sally stumbled upon the message when she hacked into the stealth bot's control system.  Just my 2cents...

There was a fanfic posted to the old boards, by Tristan Palmgren if I recall correctly, that attempted to tie King Acorn's presence in the Void to the Subter file and message found in Ironlock Prison. That one involved branching timelines. I'd always liked that fic for how it managed to tie continutiy between the two seasons. But, I like this idea too. I don't suppose you'd be willing to develop it into a short fic?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SatAM, episode, timeline, chronology

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users