Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Ishapar : (09 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Shame to hear about that. How old was he?

@  RedG : (06 December 2019 - 06:04 PM)

Sorry to hear, Wulfsbane. My condolences.

@  Wulfsbane : (05 December 2019 - 10:43 PM)

My grandfather passed on the 17th.

@  chief : (30 November 2019 - 03:32 PM)

oh?

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

This year's Thanksgiving was a lot tougher than normal.

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

Same to you.

@  RedAuthar : (28 November 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Happy American Turkey Day

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

Photo

Poll: 55% Sega Fans Said Sonic Did Not Have A Good Year

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Sonic Best or Worst Year

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Do you guys think Sonic has a good year?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Robthe1st

Robthe1st

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

Check this:

http://www.tssznews....-year-for-sonic/

I don't know... do you guys think Sonic has a good year? I vote no :(

#2 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

Not really.

Archie's lawsuit, Sonic Lost World getting mixed reviews it really wasnt a good year for him

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#3 Prince ByTor

Prince ByTor

SatAM and Sally Acorn Fan

• Fellow FUSer
  • 452 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

I'd have to say no as well for basically the same reasons Ben stated above plus the games released this year haven't been doing that well critically or sales wise.

#4 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

Bad year? It was an ass year!

People have had whole years of constipation better than this year of Sonic!
The Penders shit, the reboot, the half-assed Mega Man crossover, Lost World and Olympics 2014 getting mixed reviews, tec.
image.jpg

#5 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,575 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

Sonic didn't do bad this year, but where it succeeded was mostly the spin off/side story games rather than the main series and the comics.

#6 Speedy_25

Speedy_25

SatAM Vet. (knew the show since it first came out)

• Fellow FUSer
  • 694 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:47 AM

I think the whole Penders lawsuit is what made everything just go downhill for Sonic.....mainly in the comics as a whole.....I didn't get Sonic Lost World, not that it's a bad game...no it's quite good, the storyline's okay, I just wish they didn't take something that was already there....Mario Galaxy game mechanics.  I was quite surprised that Sega remastered Sonic 2 for the mobile devices, I just wish they did that for the XBLA and PSN versions as well, but them bringing the Hidden Palace lost level into the game just made that better for Sonic 2 as a whole, plus the boss attack challenges as well, and playing as Sonic, Tails, and even Knuckles alone in the game.  2013 wasn't a bad year for Sonic, but at the Same time, it wasn't a good one either.   Now, if we can just get Sonic Adventure 3...............

#7 GamemasterAnthony

GamemasterAnthony

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:11 AM

Definitely have to say no.  All for the reasons listed above.  In fact, it would not surprise me one bit if Sega is seriously considering giving up on Sonic because of all the crap that has happened.

#8 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:36 AM

In fact, it would not surprise me one bit if Sega is seriously considering giving up on Sonic because of all the crap that has happened.

Doubt it.

They had the base formula right with Lost World, yet the plot, the controls (constant theme with Sonic isnt it?), and Sonic's speed were the only major downfalls.

All Sega really needs to do is to tweek the controls a bit, speed up Sonic just a bit and fire the HTF writers they have.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#9 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:08 AM

In fact, it would not surprise me one bit if Sega is seriously considering giving up on Sonic because of all the crap that has happened.

Doubt it.

They had the base formula right with Lost World, yet the plot, the controls (constant theme with Sonic isnt it?), and Sonic's speed were the only major downfalls.

All Sega really needs to do is to tweek the controls a bit, speed up Sonic just a bit and fire the HTF writers they have.

I was perfectly fine with all of those. My only problem was the characters.

image.jpg

#10 Louis the Hedgehog

Louis the Hedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

You know what this means. There are still 45% of "fans" who will swallow anything that is shoveled down their throats, unless they're unsure.

A petition to keep up to a third of the characters in the sonic comics from being lost forever.

https://www.change.o...-hedgehog-comic

To those who want to give this "new direction" a chance, don't say I didn't warn you.

#11 Misk

Misk

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 741 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

You know what this means. There are still 45% of "fans" who will swallow anything that is shoveled down their throats, unless they're unsure.

Thanks Louis. Thanks a lot for that.

Please, teach me about your superior "taste."

#12 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,575 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:42 PM

Thanks for that dude.  

#13 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:44 AM

You expect anything different from Louis? If its not "his views" of Sonic then its crap.

#14 Louis the Hedgehog

Louis the Hedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

Thanks Louis. Thanks a lot for that.

Please, teach me about your superior "taste."

Thanks for that dude.  

You expect anything different from Louis? If its not "his views" of Sonic then its crap.

How much worse do things need to get before you realize things don't add up? Haven;t you been paying attention to what has been going on? The lawsuit and the abysmal review ratings for Lost World? That ring a bell? I'm not sure if sonic can survive for another 15 years.

I mean this whole "new direction" thing has happened before, and look what happened. And yet people keep falling for it over and over and over again.

Like the bumper sticker says "If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." If this happened to ANY other franchise the fans would go irate and not roll over and play dead like we always do. I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

One day you'll understand.

A petition to keep up to a third of the characters in the sonic comics from being lost forever.

To those who want to give this "new direction" a chance, don't say I didn't warn you.

#15 Misk

Misk

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

The only thing we "understand" is that you do not realize the difference between "opinion" and "fact."

Yes Louis. We know. "Everything released after 1994 is crap." We get it. We've heard it before. Just because you feel that way doesn't mean everyone else who doesn't is somehow "dumber" or "less of a fan" than you are.

Seriously. Go away. Please just go away and take your self-important opinions with you.

#16 Louis the Hedgehog

Louis the Hedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

The only thing we "understand" is that you do not realize the difference between "opinion" and "fact."

Yes Louis. We know. "Everything released after 1994 is crap." We get it. We've heard it before. Just because you feel that way doesn't mean everyone else who doesn't is somehow "dumber" or "less of a fan" than you are.

Seriously. Go away. Please just go away and take your self-important opinions with you.

I know I seemed a little harsh, but actually I don't think EVERYTHING after 1994 was crap. I thought Sonic adventure was interesting.

Question is why should we settle? As soon as we become satisfied with one accomplishment for too long, we start to decay. I'm not saying all change is bad, but that does not automatically make all changes good.

If you're one of the unsure people I'd likely go easier on you.

#17 Misk

Misk

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

No. You know what? No.

"Go easy on me." What gives you the right to act like you're superior? Seriously, what does?

#18 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

Dude, did you seriously just pull the "I'm superior than you" card?

Grow up bro.

You're not superior to ANYONE.

No. You know what? No.

"Go easy on me." What gives you the right to act like you're superior? Seriously, what does?

Misk i have your back bro

#19 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

Dude, did you seriously just pull the "I'm superior than you" card?

Grow up bro.

You're not superior to ANYONE.

No. You know what? No.

Misk i have your back bro

Classic Abusive Argumentum Ad Hominem. I have your side as well.

#20 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,575 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

Hold up a minute:

I like Sonic SatAM. I'm willing to admin a sight dedicated about it, that should be proof enough.
I also like Archie Sonic, both past and present issues. It was Archie Sonic that introduced me to the Sonic Series.
I like Sonic adventure and its following games. They are my favorite in the series.
I like Sonic 1, 2, 3, CD, and 4.
I like Advance, Rush, Battle, and Dark Brotherhood.
I like X, AoStH, and Underground.

I don't have to limit myself to one section of the franchise, I like Sonic in total. Now you don't have to like every piece of Sonic, but you can't condemn those who like the different parts just because it isn't what you like.

Be respectful of others' opinions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users