Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Penders Is Going To Shoot Himself In The Foot Again!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Louis the Hedgehog

Louis the Hedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 188 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

https://twitter.com/...086799980388353

Would he RATHER just have everyone at Sega and Archie pretend that everything he ever did NEVER existed?! Because if he keeps doing this that's EXACTLY what is going to happen.

I'd say he's due for a psyche evaluation. It's so sad he's dragging down so much with him.

A petition to keep up to a third of the characters in the sonic comics from being lost forever.

https://www.change.o...-hedgehog-comic

To those who want to give this "new direction" a chance, don't say I didn't warn you.

#2 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

He's gonna sue about a game... that came out 10 years ago...

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#3 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

ASS! THIS IS ASS!
image.jpg

#4 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:56 PM

We're sorry you got free advertisement Penders. We'll make sure nobody advertises your work again.

#5 Speedy_25

Speedy_25

SatAM Vet. (knew the show since it first came out)

• Fellow FUSer
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:42 PM

:facepalm:  :superfacepalm:  why, why, why, why, why

#6 Prime

Prime

Shuffle up the Wildcards! And deal 'em!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 521 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:34 AM

Yep, because everyone who bought Sonic Mega Collection clearly bought it for the collection of comic covers and the readable copy of Sonic Firsts and not for the videos games on the disk. The games were just the bonus features obviously.

Go fuck yourself Ken.

'Star Wars' is my story, just like my house is my house. So if I wanna paint my house green, even if everyone else thinks it should be red, guess what? I'm gonna paint it Jar Jar! - George Lucas

"The Devil Inside is the new scam from director William Something Something. The movie stars actors and was edited on a computer. Somewhere. This movie is the latest film in a series of very low budget films designed to look like real movies! And be released in theaters to make a quick buck via a horribly off kilter budget to profit ratio that the general public seem to be stupidly unaware of! These films use to be called 'direct to video' but now they are called 'first run features'. These films then vanish from the theaters, like a rapist leaving the scene of a crime." - Mike Stoklasa of RedLetterMedia

#7 Robthe1st

Robthe1st

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

Well... I don't know what to say... he's just living in his own happy world. Too bad he doesn't know he's living in a wrong world. :biggrin:

And does he ever, I mean ever know that the Mega Collection was release ten years ago?... What else he's going to sue the Sega Company for? Maybe just to take over?!!!  :weird: Jeez... :facepalm:

#8 MagentaDrake

MagentaDrake

The Twins

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

Does Penders realize that anything you invent to be used by a company while employed by that company is actually thier intellectual property? 

I mean if you invent a rocket while working at tacobell that's different. But if you invent a faster way to cook meat and USE it at your Tacobell that meat cooker is actually Tacobell's intellectual property and not yours.

Technically every character he invented while under Archie is ARCHIE's 

Posted Image

#9 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

The problem is, MagentaDrake, he just got through a settlement with Archie that said that isn't so.

#10 MagentaDrake

MagentaDrake

The Twins

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

Which is what we hear. But even on Penders twitter thing above, it is to close to the case for anyone to actually be able to discuss what happened. The only thing we know for sure is Archie has chosen to drop all of his characters.

Posted Image

#11 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Penders has already made impact and is still trying to go further. His career is essentially over now, no studio will ever take the risk of working with him.

That was a brilliant analogy, add a couple of kittens on the rail (our beloved franchise) and it's perfect.

#12 Prime

Prime

Shuffle up the Wildcards! And deal 'em!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 521 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:57 AM

I'm just waiting for Ken to take his lawsuit towards Paramount Pictures and DC Comics and try to sue them for the Star Trek comics he worked on.

Or how about Ken trying to say that because he painted up they craptastic cover for the Shout!Factory DVD set of SatAM, that by doing that, he is now connected to the show and demands royalites for every single set that was sold. Or maybe he is just THAT batshit insane he'll say the show was based off his run on the comic.

'Star Wars' is my story, just like my house is my house. So if I wanna paint my house green, even if everyone else thinks it should be red, guess what? I'm gonna paint it Jar Jar! - George Lucas

"The Devil Inside is the new scam from director William Something Something. The movie stars actors and was edited on a computer. Somewhere. This movie is the latest film in a series of very low budget films designed to look like real movies! And be released in theaters to make a quick buck via a horribly off kilter budget to profit ratio that the general public seem to be stupidly unaware of! These films use to be called 'direct to video' but now they are called 'first run features'. These films then vanish from the theaters, like a rapist leaving the scene of a crime." - Mike Stoklasa of RedLetterMedia

#13 Speedy_25

Speedy_25

SatAM Vet. (knew the show since it first came out)

• Fellow FUSer
  • 694 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:03 AM

I'm just waiting for Ken to take his lawsuit towards Paramount Pictures and DC Comics and try to sue them for the Star Trek comics he worked on.

Or how about Ken trying to say that because he painted up they craptastic cover for the Shout!Factory DVD set of SatAM, that by doing that, he is now connected to the show and demands royalites for every single set that was sold. Or maybe he is just THAT batshit insane he'll say the show was based off his run on the comic.

Why do I imagine that happening for some reason....... :facepalm:

#14 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

You know he's gonna find a way to do that now

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#15 acstrife

acstrife

THE LAW!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 734 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

Hes just getting more insane as time goes by, hes lost all credibility.  He'll never work again professionally.  That in of itself is a huge loss.

Glory lasts forever

#16 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

Hes just getting more insane as time goes by, hes lost all credibility.  He'll never work again professionally.  That in of itself is a huge loss.

Truly, you do have a point. This sword he swings cuts both ways.

#17 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

So his Graphic Novel was gonna go from failing to bombing. I think this will be a bigger failure than the Last Airbender Movie

#18 DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain

• Fellow FUSer
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

God... Penders...  That the F**k...  :superfacepalm:

"You're watching a poster!"

#19 Louis the Hedgehog

Louis the Hedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:03 PM

I can just imagine Ken Penders' lawyer is very embarrassed right now.

Lawsuit #1 Penders vs. ACP.

"Look, you created those characters for THEM to use. The contract you signed said so! Besides, most of them look like Knuckles anyway. Sure they should have compensated you for the reprints but two wrongs don't make a right."

Lawsuit #2 Penders vs Bioware/EA.

"Okay, you got lucky that time, but you're really pushing your luck now. Why would you sue people who you are trying to pay homage to you? I mean you've paid homage to OTHER things and they didn't try to sue you."

Lawsuit #3 Penders vs SEGA.

"It was just BONUS content! The whole game didn't revolve around it. Besides, that was ten years ago, the statute of limitations have already expired!"

Lawsuit #4 Penders vs Paramount Pictures.

"But they haven't done ANYTHING! YOU don't even know why you're trying to sue them!"

Lawsuit #5 Penders vs the Hurst estate.

"It's not HIS fault the film didn't receive the green light, it's YOURS! Also it was not your idea, it was HIS. Oh and news flash, he's been DEAD for years now!"

Lawsuit #6 Penders vs SHOUT! factory.

They ALREADY PAID YOU FOR IT!

Lawsuit #7 Penders vs house cat.

"How can that cat be stealing your work!? Cats cannot make those kinds of decisions!...........LOTS of cats look like that!!! How can that cat be stealing Hershey's design?! Heck, YOU had a cat that looked like that! THAT'S WHERE THE IDEA CAME FROM!

Lawsuit #8 Penders vs Knuckles Plush.

"How stupid can you get?!?! A Knuckles plush cannot make decisions!.......No, the reason why your kids are missing is because YOU were not watching them!......A Knuckles plush is NOT A LEGAL GUARDIAN!!!! I don't care that he's the guardian of the master emerald, THAT'S A FICTIONAL STORY!!!"

Lawsuit #9 Penders vs General Motors.

"IT'S NOT THE CAR'S FAULT THEY'RE DEAD AND INJURED IT'S YOURS!!!.....CRUSE CONTROL DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!!!.....YOU KNOW WHAT?!?! FUCK THIS!!! YOU'RE AN IRRESPONSIBLE JACKASS!!!!! I SAID YOU'RE AN IRRESPONSIBLE-"

Lawsuit #10 Penders vs his ex-attorney.

Inspired by this video:

A petition to keep up to a third of the characters in the sonic comics from being lost forever.

https://www.change.o...-hedgehog-comic

To those who want to give this "new direction" a chance, don't say I didn't warn you.

#20 The Mysterious Traveller

The Mysterious Traveller

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:55 AM

He didn't get lucky, Louis. He knew from the beginning that he was going to win the court case. That's why he was so confident about the whole thing while we were all scratching our heads, wondering what he was thinking.

As for the royalties, what are you saying precisely? That he should have said, "Well, I'm being cheated out of the money I'm owed but never mind! It isn't like I need to eat or anything crazy like that! And I'm sure that the bills will pay themselves!" There are genuine reasons to dislike Ken Penders as a person but that really isn't one of them. I'm not saying what he did was wise in the long run, simply that I can understand why he did it.

What was the point of all the other stuff in your post? You've resurrected a topic which has lain dormant these past few weeks just to mock Penders for the sake of mocking him? Were you bursting with the need to sneer vindictively at someone whose actions have no impact at all upon your life?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users