Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Ishapar : (09 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Shame to hear about that. How old was he?

@  RedG : (06 December 2019 - 06:04 PM)

Sorry to hear, Wulfsbane. My condolences.

@  Wulfsbane : (05 December 2019 - 10:43 PM)

My grandfather passed on the 17th.

@  chief : (30 November 2019 - 03:32 PM)

oh?

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

This year's Thanksgiving was a lot tougher than normal.

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

Same to you.

@  RedAuthar : (28 November 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Happy American Turkey Day

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

Photo

Okay Here's Some Of Ben's Ideas

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#101 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,253 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:21 PM

I haven't chatted with her in some time.  ...Last time was last October(ish) I think.  And that's when I was trying to get Primes contact info.  Which she sadly did not have.    Best way (And really only way) I reach her is through facebook.  Though that can be a hit or miss. 

#102 Frieza2000

Frieza2000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:52 PM

Hm. I don't have a Facebook account. Could you just let her know I've got a package for her from Pat and that she can check her old hotmail account for details? Hopefully she remembers the password. I'll give her a month or so before I resort to calling.

#103 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,253 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:33 PM

Will do

#104 Frieza2000

Frieza2000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:42 PM

So, Sonique didn't want the stuff. I don't want it either. I'll keep one of the sticky notes as a sort of reminder, but I'm not into collecting stuff. So any of you who want a piece are welcome to it, free shipping and everything. International is fine too. First come first serve; just post with the item you want, then PM me a mailing address. The Palace Interior and Exterior have already been claimed, so here's what you have to choose from:

attachicon.gifBttP concept art - Chili Dog Stand (thumbnail).png
Spyhog Concept art - Interrogation room
attachicon.gifFreedom Fighters 238-200.png
attachicon.gifSally model 238-200.png
attachicon.gifSize comparison 238-200.png
attachicon.gifSonic model 238-200.png
attachicon.gifPost-it pad (blank).png

If multiple people are interested in the sticky notes, I can tear off individual notes and give one to everyone.

#105 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 569 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:47 AM

Never knew they had a model sheet of the other FF.  Neat.

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#106 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:18 PM

Never knew they had a model sheet of the other FF.  Neat.

I think some of them went unused. I don't recall seeing #8 or #10 in any episodes (unless they were well-hidden).

Also, it seems that #3, #4 and #9 went on to become Dylan Porcupine, Geoffrey St. John, and Hershey Cat in the Archie comics respectively.

#107 Frieza2000

Frieza2000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:47 PM

2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 10 (I think; from behind), 11, and 12 are all in the title sequence.

Attached File  vlcsnap-2017-02-20-16h33m17s447.png   574.42KB   1 downloads

Attached File  vlcsnap-2017-02-20-16h33m30s487.png   619.75KB   0 downloads

Attached File  vlcsnap-2017-02-20-16h33m39s607.png   600.56KB   0 downloads

Attached File  vlcsnap-2017-02-20-16h34m23s156.png   611.57KB   0 downloads

I think I understand the numbering system on them. 238 seems to be the production code of the show. The number after the hyphen indicates the season and episode (200 is season 1 and 300 is season 2). BttP concept art is all 304 and 305 (S2 E4+5), the interrogation room from Spyhog is 312 (S2 E12), and the character models are 200 (no episode number, since it's just concept work for season 1). Not sure why it starts at 200 instead of 100 - maybe 100 was pilot/bible stuff.

But more importantly...do either of you guys want any of this stuff?

#108 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:47 PM

I don't really feel qualified to request any of these with how new I am and I can't say I have all that much to contribute here - I'm more of an observer and fan, but I'd love the Sally model and/or Size comparison if they go unclaimed. Quite kind of you to offer this stuff!

#109 Frieza2000

Frieza2000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:17 PM

You're totally welcome to either one. Doesn't matter to me how long you've been here as long as you're a SatAM fan.

#110 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:33 AM

You're totally welcome to either one. Doesn't matter to me how long you've been here as long as you're a SatAM fan.

Well thank you then! I'll invest in frames for these!

#111 Frieza2000

Frieza2000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:28 AM

Nobody else? I'll give it another few days.

#112 MidnightStar

MidnightStar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:20 AM

I would absolutely love to have these, Frieza2000.  I've been a fan of SatAM, its characters, and the world it portrayed since I first discovered the show in 1995 when the second season was premiering; the first episode I saw was Game Guy.  These would be absolutely treasured by me, and would be well cared for.  I've been visiting this site since Sonique ran the place, and took the step of signing up to this forum so I could reply to your generous offer.  I'm assuming that you are from the U.S., so you wouldn't have to worry about international shipping assuming that you are in the U.S. as well.  I would like all the items you are giving away if possible, but top priority for me is the concept art.

Before you give away the art of the palace interior and exterior, would you be able to make some high-dpi scans of those saved to a lossless format (PNG).  The higher the dpi the better; whatever the maximum your scanner can handle.  These are things that need to be digitally archived and preserved.  This is what I plan to with whatever you hopefully send me.   Edit: After posting this I went and looked at the previous page, and discovered that you had already made high resolution PNG scans of the concept art.  Very nice, although it seems that the highlights are blown out with the palace images, my guess being that your scanner software applied some automatic post-processing to these and got a little to aggressive.  Other than that, well done.

I look forward to your reply.

#113 Frieza2000

Frieza2000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:44 AM

Already did. See my post on the previous page. Or, here:

BttP concept art - Chili Dog Stand (high res)
BttP concept art - Mobotropolis (high res)
BttP concept art - Palace Interior (high res)
Spyhog Concept art - Interrogation room (high res)

They're each over 100MB, so nobody will ever host them, but I'll leave them up as long as I can.

PM me your mailing address. If nobody else shows up I'll probably give everyone 2 items, since so far everyone has expressed interest in 2 and none of them have overlapped.

#114 MoKat

MoKat

Don't make Eliza-Death summon her Thanatos...

• Fellow FUSer
  • 766 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:18 PM

Just saw this and would like to have a piece of concept art, but I'm not sure where I could put it right now.

post-1851-0-51713600-1506363973.png

#115 Prime

Prime

Shuffle up the Wildcards! And deal 'em!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 521 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:29 PM

If there's anything left over, I'll gladly take something, perhaps one or two of the concept backgrounds if possible. it'll be nice to add to the SatAM production material collection I have, been a while since I added to it and I don't have any SatAM backgrounds, got plenty of Sonic Underground backgrounds, but no SatAM ones.

'Star Wars' is my story, just like my house is my house. So if I wanna paint my house green, even if everyone else thinks it should be red, guess what? I'm gonna paint it Jar Jar! - George Lucas

"The Devil Inside is the new scam from director William Something Something. The movie stars actors and was edited on a computer. Somewhere. This movie is the latest film in a series of very low budget films designed to look like real movies! And be released in theaters to make a quick buck via a horribly off kilter budget to profit ratio that the general public seem to be stupidly unaware of! These films use to be called 'direct to video' but now they are called 'first run features'. These films then vanish from the theaters, like a rapist leaving the scene of a crime." - Mike Stoklasa of RedLetterMedia

#116 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:30 PM

I'll be watching my mailbox like a hawk for these. Are they 8.5 x 11? I may go pick up some frames ahead of time.

#117 MidnightStar

MidnightStar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:18 PM

Hopefully I'm not being rude to MoKat and Prime, but I would like to think that I've called dibs on the concept art.  He only has two pieces to give out as he has apparently committed to giving the concept art of the palace to someone else; it's a pity as out of all the concept art I would have to absolutely wanted to have those.  As for the other items, it appears that Sandata has called dibs on the model sheets.  Ultimately, it's Frieza2000's decision but he has my mailing info so like Sandata so I will be watching my mailbox like a hawk.  I might as well mention this here just in case, but I'm sure it goes without saying to make sure that these are not folded.  You probably already know that but my nervousness is getting the better of me so I figured I would go ahead and say something.

I figured I would say this here, but the evocative detail that the people behind SatAM put into the Mobian architecture still amazes me to this day as it portrays a society absolutely dedicated to beauty and the betterment of each other.  In my mind it really sets the backdrop as to who these people are as a unique society and culture and how these people saw their world and their place in it.  In other words, the mobians are not simply humans with fur that come from some western country on Earth.  This to me is what made this show and who and what it portrayed really resonate with me, especially when I saw it for the first time way back in 1995.  I know other people picked up on this as well, especially people like Dan Drazen.  If you've never read Dan Drazen's Runaway, you should as he explores aspects of Mobian culture in Part 2.  Anyway, not to get too much into it, but human society is absolutely ugly and it seems to be getting worse.  And as bad as it's getting in western countries, if you travel outside of the safety of North America and Europe, what you will find is a decaying hell hole of misery everywhere.  Which brings me back to the mobians, out of compassion they allow two humans to come live among them, and as they say the rest is history.

Anyway, I want to thank you again, Frieza2000.  I will treasure whatever you send me.

#118 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:55 PM

Anyway, I want to thank you again, Frieza2000.  I will treasure whatever you send me.

I can certainly echo this sentiment.

Like you and a number of the fans here, I enjoyed SatAM when it was originally on the air. Something about it stuck with me through the years...and the models would be a wonderful memento.

#119 Prime

Prime

Shuffle up the Wildcards! And deal 'em!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 521 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:16 PM

Hopefully I'm not being rude to MoKat and Prime, but I would like to think that I've called dibs on the concept art.  He only has two pieces to give out as he has apparently committed to giving the concept art of the palace to someone else; it's a pity as out of all the concept art I would have to absolutely wanted to have those.  As for the other items, it appears that Sandata has called dibs on the model sheets.  Ultimately, it's Frieza2000's decision but he has my mailing info so like Sandata so I will be watching my mailbox like a hawk.

Well that's fine that you called dibs and all, but considering all of these items came from Nique and I was a friend of hers back in the day, I would like something at least to keep not only as a memento to the show, but to remind me of her as well.

'Star Wars' is my story, just like my house is my house. So if I wanna paint my house green, even if everyone else thinks it should be red, guess what? I'm gonna paint it Jar Jar! - George Lucas

"The Devil Inside is the new scam from director William Something Something. The movie stars actors and was edited on a computer. Somewhere. This movie is the latest film in a series of very low budget films designed to look like real movies! And be released in theaters to make a quick buck via a horribly off kilter budget to profit ratio that the general public seem to be stupidly unaware of! These films use to be called 'direct to video' but now they are called 'first run features'. These films then vanish from the theaters, like a rapist leaving the scene of a crime." - Mike Stoklasa of RedLetterMedia

#120 Frieza2000

Frieza2000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:48 PM

You're all quite welcome!

I did say first come first serve, so MidnightStar, pick the item you want. The Chilidog Stand and the Interrogation Room are the remaining background pieces.  Mokat, you choose next, then Prime. Sandata, you said you wanted whichever of those two model sheets didn't get taken, so at the moment that's your choice. You're welcome to change it in advance of anyone else, since you weren't sure you'd get anything at first.

I'll let you know when it's time to start checking your mailboxes. I going to send them all at once.

it seems that the highlights are blown out with the palace images, my guess being that your scanner software applied some automatic post-processing to these and got a little to aggressive.

If you mean the strip of glare running down the middle of the palace interior, that's actually the way it's painted (either that or a defect from the copy machine they came off of; these are reference copies that were given to Ben for him to look at while writing, not originals). Otherwise, I've spot checked them. The colors all match. I even made sure there was no hair or noticeable dust on the scanner glass. Did them all at the same time too, so they should be consistent.

I'm sure it goes without saying to make sure that these are not folded

I'm afraid they've already got a crease in one of the corners, but it's not too noticeable. My fault. I will be sandwiching them in thick cardboard. I've got to pick up some extra large envelopes too. I've only got two big enough.

Are they 8.5 x 11? I may go pick up some frames ahead of time.

Yes, the model sheets are on standard printer paper.

considering all of these items came from Nique and I was a friend of hers back in the day

'nique never touched 'em. They were intended for her, but Pat and I are the only ones who've handled them since Ben.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users