Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

Photo

What Would You Do With Sea3on?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,249 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:28 AM

I asked the question on the Sea3on page its self, but I figured why not ask the board as well.

So my question to all of you loyal readers, what would you do with Sea3on if you were incharge of writing the comic?

Also while I am at it. What would you do with Sea3on if you were the artist. Character changes? Leave it like the classic? Make Sally wear diapers (this is a test to make sure Kuta hasn't snuck back into FUS)?

#2 Gojira007

Gojira007

Fellow FUSer

• Sea3on Writer
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:15 PM

Curse you, Paul!

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURSE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!
"These hands of ours are BURNING RED! Their loud cry tells us..."
"To grasp happiness!"
"ERUPTING GOD FINGER!!! SEKI..."
"HA!"
"LOVE LOVE TENKYOKEN!!!"
-Domon Kasshu and Rain Mikamura, G-Gundam

#3 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:22 PM

I would work on expanding new areas to explore on Mobius. Outposts Robotnik has run independently and back up plans kicking in if anything happened to him. I certainly would play up Naugus as a real mind game villain, using his cunning to use the FF against one another. I think bringing back Lazar would be a must since this season would be dealing with a magical foe, they would need a teacher or guide to turn to. Naugus would set Robotropolis to self destruct that Sonic and Snively would need to work together to override. Perhaps some solo stories of Tails having his own adventures..

#4 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,004 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

I think bringing back Lazar would be a must since this season would be dealing with a magical foe

And also the Magic Scrolls could come into it somewhere for the same reasons. I would definitely find a way to bring in some season one elements and make those lost plot points relevant again.

9:06

#5 chalcara

chalcara

Oh the stupidity!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 638 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

Not much differently, it's a real high quality comic and I'm enjoying the ride.

One thing is to try cut down the words per panel/page, to give the art more room to breath, but that's more a question of personal preference. smile.gif
Read my comic Traces of Chaos - currently updating Thursdays
Visit my blog Imaginary Skies - Happily building Cloud-Castles since 1981.

"Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out!"
Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

#6 MistressAli

MistressAli

Pirate Extraordinaire

• Fellow FUSer
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

Huh, well I would say Nagus and Snively slash, but that would be expected of me. So yeah...um..
Nagus and Snively slash! upsidedown.gif

Maybe Nagus could brainwash Dulcy and bring her over to the dark side. Turn her into an evil mofo. lol.

I think I like the comic as it is. smile.gif

#7 salamander

salamander

You can do whatever you want in life.

• Sea3on Consultant
  • 425 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:03 PM

1. More Antoine
2. Antoine should be louder, angrier and have access to a time machine
3. Whenever Antoine is not on the page, the other characters should be asking "where's Antoine?"
4. ... (list goes on to 582 in a similar fashion)

QUOTE (chalcara @ Jul 4 2010, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One thing is to try cut down the words per panel/page, to give the art more room to breath, but that's more a question of personal preference. smile.gif

Yeah, the text/pic ratio is something I'm still trying to find a balance with.. On one hand I don't want to create big walls of text, on the other hand since there's only one page a week, I want to keep the comic moving at a good pace. Early on I got complaints that there wasn't much going on in each page/things were going really slowly, so I tried to include more content on each page. If there were more pages a week I'd probably stretch things out more, but as it stands I break up the pages so the plot moves forward every week. I go too far the other way sometimes and try to condense too much to a single page, but at least I'm getting closer to finding the right mix of art and story to make it work.

#8 chalcara

chalcara

Oh the stupidity!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 638 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (salamander @ Jul 5 2010, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. More Antoine
2. Antoine should be louder, angrier and have access to a time machine
3. Whenever Antoine is not on the page, the other characters should be asking "where's Antoine?"
4. ... (list goes on to 582 in a similar fashion)

QUOTE (chalcara @ Jul 4 2010, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, the text/pic ratio is something I'm still trying to find a balance with.. On one hand I don't want to create big walls of text, on the other hand since there's only one page a week, I want to keep the comic moving at a good pace. Early on I got complaints that there wasn't much going on in each page/things were going really slowly, so I tried to include more content on each page. If there were more pages a week I'd probably stretch things out more, but as it stands I break up the pages so the plot moves forward every week. I go too far the other way sometimes and try to condense too much to a single page, but at least I'm getting closer to finding the right mix of art and story to make it work.

I don't think that's an area where you have alot influence on on your own. I'm not sure how the script looks, but all you can do as an artist is compressing/decompressing and it's the action/exposition ratio, and Gojira's deciding THAT by writing the dialogue itself.

Now the dialogue's great - it's just that it's currently far more fitting to a novel than to comic. You've got far more space for dialogue per scene in a novel than you have in a comic, unfortionally. I've been struggling with that in my own comics as well. Blargh. Simply but, in order to tweak the dialogue/action ratio, Gojira would have to shorten dialogue and/or rely more on your art to convoy plot. Not much you can do, Salamander. smile.gif

"Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out!"
Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

#9 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,004 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:50 AM

I knew this could be boiled down as being all Gojira's fault!. It's okay, Sala, we'll find you a better writer soon.

I don't have the greatest experience in drawing comics, but I can put my hand up and say how difficult it is to write comic pages, especially in a weekly format. You do not have the luxury of a few pages to build up to something without your pace suffering from it. I'm a huge fan of the 4-5 act breaks formula used for TV writing. It's how I think and write my scripts. But in a page-a-week formula you just can't do it, not without losing any kind of suspense you may have tried to build up. Be kind of like eight commercial breaks in a single scene.

So, my hats off to those writers, and artists, that can make it work.

9:06

#10 chalcara

chalcara

Oh the stupidity!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 638 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE (John Roberts @ Jul 5 2010, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I knew this could be boiled down as being all Gojira's fault!. It's okay, Sala, we'll find you a better writer soon.

I don't have the greatest experience in drawing comics, but I can put my hand up and say how difficult it is to write comic pages, especially in a weekly format. You do not have the luxury of a few pages to build up to something without your pace suffering from it. I'm a huge fan of the 4-5 act breaks formula used for TV writing. It's how I think and write my scripts. But in a page-a-week formula you just can't do it, not without losing any kind of suspense you may have tried to build up. Be kind of like eight commercial breaks in a single scene.

So, my hats off to those writers, and artists, that can make it work.

Yep, it's really, really hard. It all comes down to balance - and it's hard to balance stuff like this. Each comic page is like a mini-story itself, and hitting the right notes... bleh.

*shakes fists at her own comic scripts*#

But like I said, I love Season3 and it was just a minor quibble.

Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

#11 Gojira007

Gojira007

Fellow FUSer

• Sea3on Writer
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:22 AM

My ears are burning.

Anyway, I actually do try to keep that weekly-basis thing in mind when writing my scripts (the current one in particular has undergrone numerous and drastic revisions for that very reason), and I also try to be as descriptive as I can for sala so she best understand how to translate that work to the page. If I have failed in either area to whatever extent, I apologize profusely, and promise to try harder in the future to improve on both.
"To grasp happiness!"
"HA!"
"LOVE LOVE TENKYOKEN!!!"

#12 chalcara

chalcara

Oh the stupidity!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 638 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:37 AM

*hands you ear-lotion*

See, that's why I usually keep my mouth shut. wink.gif

Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

#13 Gojira007

Gojira007

Fellow FUSer

• Sea3on Writer
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:00 AM

No no, it's good to hear this sort of thing. It'll really help me in the future, and I thank you for pointing it out in the first place, chal. happy.gif
"To grasp happiness!"
"HA!"
"LOVE LOVE TENKYOKEN!!!"

#14 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,249 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

It won't help you in the future. You are fired. Shitty for you. Should have learned how to write before!

#15 Gojira007

Gojira007

Fellow FUSer

• Sea3on Writer
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:05 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. T_T
"To grasp happiness!"
"HA!"
"LOVE LOVE TENKYOKEN!!!"

#16 Inhibitor

Inhibitor

Your Average Couch Potato

• FUS Reporter
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:41 PM

Moar Bunnie and/or Sonic action! You know I can't live without it! I'm tired of seeing tails or antione in every panel but not the COOL PEOPLE. Do you guys want to lose a loyal fan? Get to work slackers! mad.gif

#17 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,249 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

Eh, we have more loyal fans where you come from. Like that one loyal fan that thought I was serious about killing off tails. That fan can take your spot easy enough. They can even cover your crazyness and anger too. So... See ya!

NEXT!

tongue.gif

#18 Glitcher

Glitcher

Indubitably, my dear Luke

• Fellow FUSer
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

When you consider what the most popular episodes of SatAM are, the answer seems obvious. I think Sea3on should revisit the time-travel concept of Blast to the Past, giving the Freedom Fighters another chance to rewrite history. I'm a sucker for time-travel stories (I masturbate to paradoxes) and it will be a great way to include the kids into the comic. Tell me Sonic and Sally pick up the Time Stones in the future. (No pun intended.)

#19 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,249 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:55 PM

Hahaha to be honest creating a huge ass parodox would be a fun way to confuse people

#20 SBaby

SBaby

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:55 AM

I'd probably make it like my FanFic, but that's just because it would be the easiest way to write the story, since I'd already have the plot figured.

The only three characters that I ever used for my SatAM-related fanfic were Knuckles (in a character that was very different from any incarnation of Knuckles to-date), Sonic's mother (Aurora, since I couldn't think of a better name), and Void (originally a Sega Sonic character, she was a robot in the Fic, named after 'that place', as Naugus put it, and she was the only enemy at the time that could truly challenge Sonic's speed). But I did throw in that Nicole was named after Sally's mother (although that was in the prequel mini-Fic).

Now if you want specifics, I'd have to look at my notes, because it's been awhile since I worked on it (I could summarize the whole thing for you if you wanted, but it would take awhile). But I do remember having the Chaos Emeralds in it, as well as a new magical item called the Staff of Seven Parts (which started as a D&D reference and became somewhat of an anomaly later in the Fic). Also, the Emeralds were significantly more dangerous in my Fic than in any other incarnation of Sonic.
A Winner Is You!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users