Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  RedG : (06 December 2019 - 06:04 PM)

Sorry to hear, Wulfsbane. My condolences.

@  Wulfsbane : (05 December 2019 - 10:43 PM)

My grandfather passed on the 17th.

@  chief : (30 November 2019 - 03:32 PM)

oh?

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

This year's Thanksgiving was a lot tougher than normal.

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

Same to you.

@  RedAuthar : (28 November 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Happy American Turkey Day

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

Photo

Build A Better Mobius.

mobius

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,574 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

What are the races like in all your work?

In WfM Overlanders and Humans are interchangeable terms. 

#22 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,574 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

Other races include: Mobians (and Robians), Mystics, and Mutants. 

#23 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

Other races include: Mobians (and Robians), Mystics, and Mutants. 

Commander Shepherd: "Tell me about the Mystics."

#24 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,574 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

Mystics are a collection of mystical creatures such as Dragons, Trolls, Demons, and the like.  

Example Mystic Characters are: Naugus and Chaos. 

#25 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

Mystics are a collection of mystical creatures such as Dragons, Trolls, Demons, and the like.  

Example Mystic Characters are: Naugus and Chaos. 

Now that sounds intresting.  :awesome:

Dragons and enchated creatures exsist in Eot yet they wouldn't be happy with that general terminology. 

Dragons are a diverse gambit ranging from all types and affinties. Luckily most of the hostile ones are gone from the  modernizing world...we all hope.

Most mystical creatures you see in my Mobius actually have a mysterious origin and some suspect they come from a different realm entirely hence their otherworldy abilties. Magics other than the heavily interconnected Chaos-essence in Mobius seems to be drawn from a series of higher realities and laws beyond their own.  Underlanders, especially those who combine the manipulation of chaos-essence and other magics are very susceptible to physiogamatic mutability, a phenomeana where a persons outer nature becomes an outer expression of their inner psyche, or is transfigured on the basis of contaminant breeching their inside nature and thus manifesting this way physically. Bizzare and inhumane experiments and messing around with his own  essence lead many of the Oder of Ixis to be the way Nuagus is today. The Arcane is esoteric and mysterious and their are great risks in trifiling with such forces. So much so that it's taboo in many societies. For the Overlanders it's absolutely despised. Highly secular they conflate magic and spirtuality together and their forces dedicated

Some of the fiercest magical creatures are not even physical beings. For example the Demoniacs who can possess the unfaithful and the weak-minded are non-corporeal and ussually manifest themselves through nightmarish subjective-illusions. They have uncanny abilites to contort nature if given a physcial medium, bending elements, cuasing seemingly irrational disasters, and breaking physics.  Nuagus has probably had dealings with these debuachers in his rise to power, hence his raspy voice and sickly demeanour. There breaking of reality ultimatly damages the user...in more ways than one. They love to damage your mind, by filling it full of irrational ideas, making abstract pacts, rituals, and deals to skew they users perception of truth and the nature of reality. Lazaar avoided them like a plague, and in fact banished and exorcized quite a few. People who use demonicas to gain power are called Shamans, not mages. Where a Shaman uses supersition to become in contact of the supernatural, a Mage studies and doesn't abandon his rationality. A mage is more likely seen to be water-bending (yeah, think avatar) when comes to elemental studies, where a shaman is making strange fire come forth from his finger tips that doesn't quench in wet or degrade from lack of fuel. Mages use their own inner metaphysical strength and intellgence to use magic while a Shaman is on magic's awnser to steroids and suffers greatly for it despite the crazy power boost. Demoniacs want you to be a stupid superstious cad before you wither away in the presence of their evil abilties...why? So they can completly consume you.

Luckily Mobians are largely blessed and protected from such forces. It would take a lot for demoniac to lightly effect a Mobian. Mobians are quite mystical themselves, and have a lot of passive magic abilties and can easily absorb and redirect magic. Using magic is another thing, it's like trying to steer a car already going two hundred miles per hour for your first time driving. A Mobian is full of untamed and untapped magic and it takes them years to learn how to use that properly let alone with focus. Though it has been done. For example Knuckles can create invisible barriers around his fists with via an art called Theylmics which is fuled by the users Will, being attuned with the Master Emerald he is better at regulating and focusing his innate magical ability. Many Mobians like the Renard and the Latran however preferr the study of alchemy and alteration as their preferred expression of the supernatural ability. Everyone can learn magic, but their are going to have their own personal issues, diffculties, succetibilties, and talents while journyeing down that road. So far the Underladers have built the most natural sensitivity  though as a race, seeing how they have studied for generations and it the magic transfers from generation from generation.   

There many different types of magic, many different types of magic users, and arts that express such, and they all conflict and compliment themselves in one way or another, much like the elements in pokemon. And that's not expounding on Anti-Magic (Apathian Magic) Chaos-Essence, and the sources of different magics (some that can bend time, some than can scry the past and present, some that can build constructs out of magic, some that can enchant items to do otherworldy things, ect). 

Stranger Shepherd: Okay, What can you tell me about the Mu-  I'm tired of your disengenious assertions!

*Pushes you through a window*

OH GOSH I DIDN'T MEAN TO PRESS THE RENEGADE BUTTON I'M SOOOOO SORRY. *Looks down the high-rise* Red. Red? Red!

#26 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,574 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

I'm okay...the table broke my fall....*cracks back back into place* GAH!  Mutant healing factor....oh wait......

Mutants are the freaks such as Biolizard, Tails (too a minor extent), and Other Genetically or Naturally mutated beings.  

#27 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:06 AM

I'm okay...the table broke my fall....*cracks back back into place* GAH!  Mutant healing factor....oh wait......

Mutants are the freaks such as Biolizard, Tails (too a minor extent), and Other Genetically or Naturally mutated beings.  

Oh not Mr. Table! He had three wives and a kid!

Poor Tails...that could be bad. *Looks at biolizard then him.*

EoT takes a very biologically realistic take on mutation, showing it has been seen throughout real observational science as a negative loss or nuetral rearrangment of genetic material, not benifical gain. Genes don't magically rearrange themselves into more complex structures.  Several scientific studies over generations of various fast-living species (for example Fruitflies) have come up with no eveidence for postive change,   but the mutations sure readily cause cancer, limb-dengeneration, albonism, columbo, and Sonamyshipperphila... :(. An example from EoT would be that there are some people who have were exposed via radiation during the Great War, instead of getting superpowers they just got horrible sicknesses. For a real life example of natural mutation look at the disease H. Pilori, as with other diseases. it can mutate to become immune to a certain anti-biotics that hunt down the specific genetic markers that were lost during mutation. Without that certain gene around to produce a regulative chemical for homestasis in the bacteria, the sickly bacteria actually survives...for now.  It is like loosing a limb before it can get cuaght in a Bear Trap. Yeah you didn't get cuaght, but you already lost your leg...natural selection is coming for you. Other cases of "mutation" are actually not evolutionary at all  but a survival mechanism already built within the genetic code, much like ejector seat of a jet . A disease has certain RNA that help it perform a scramble to hide itself from antibodies.

And just think if there was additive mutation. It wouldn't be X-man stuff it would be slow, gradual defectivities in forms that would just fall over dead (I mean how many creatures with randomly growing horns, fingers, and guts, and shifting limbs and organs could possibly survive their very conception let alone reproduce themselves?).  Reknown scientists like Microbiologist Micheal Behee and Micheal Denton, would luagh at the thought given the true nature of mutation.

I like to keep my science as accurate as possible, and leave the magical stuff to the magical stuff (but even that I have made rules and laws for and it's far from being an absurd free for all). As for EoT Tail's well his double tails are a result of his Renard heritage culture wise more than biophysisology. Every so often one Renard will recieve the "Kitsune's blessing", where they are exposed to a mystical force that gives their second tail in the womb. I can't tell a lot about this yet because it's spoiler material. But let's just say all of the Xorda Gene-bomb crap and the question of Mobius being Earth is highly reconstructed in a very fresh take on origins of Sonic's homeworld.    

#28 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

Note that this Thread has expanded to count in character analysis/reconstructions as well.

First the worst: Amy.

Show me yo' moves!

#29 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

A smack across the back of the head with an oar

I kid i kid, First of shee needs to be toned down a lot, second she needs to be useful

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#30 jtreese

jtreese

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

I kid i kid, First of shee needs to be toned down a lot, second she needs to be useful

Agreed. I believe that Amy's role in Sonic Lost World was great (personality wise). She wasn't a crazy fangirl and she seemed to be useful when it came to informing Sonic and Tails of what was going on on the planet below and helped protect the animals while they were gone.

#31 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

Agreed. I believe that Amy's role in Sonic Lost World was great (personality wise). She wasn't a crazy fangirl and she seemed to be useful when it came to informing Sonic and Tails of what was going on on the planet below and helped protect the animals while they were gone.

How would you handle her romantic feelings? I for one would downplay them, and make mreo introverted and make Sonic more extroverted in their relationship (though only percieving her as a good friend).

#32 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

How would you handle her romantic feelings? I for one would downplay them, and make mreo introverted and make Sonic more extroverted in their relationship (though only percieving her as a good friend).

Same

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#33 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

Okay in professional writing their is this thing called a dramatic throughline.

Essentially this is how your character changes in the narrative like this.

Scrooge:

Greed and Cold----Guilty, forlorn, and cowardly vascilating----Broken and repentant---- Spirtually Reborn, cheerful, altruistic, and Righteouss.

Go for it (and don't say dead...unless they get a good send off relevant to their dramatic arc).

#34 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

I think Amy should actually be moe like a female Sonic, brash, bold, but otherwise feminine. I would gt with a more Mulanesque approach, tough core but deep down very much a girly-girl and way more soft-spoken, bashful and introverted than Sonic. She likes Sonic but doesn't really know how to express it. She crushes on him, but looks to the mission first, her dreams of Free Mobius being something they share yet ironically a point of conetion for intamacy (she doesn't want to get to much love triangle banter with Sally going around Knothole when various enemies would capitalize on that) .

#35 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,574 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

Amy hasn't been introduced in WfM yet so the information would be spoiler.  If you do not care go ahead an read the spoiler box.  If you do care, skip over it.

Spoiler

#36 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

Amy hasn't been introduced in WfM yet so the information would be spoiler.  If you do not care go ahead an read the spoiler box.  If you do care, skip over it.

Spoiler

This is a good example of freshing up a character. Thanks Red.

#37 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

Okay. I gotta challange for you girls. 

You have been given the order to thicken up Sonic's rougue's gallery. You start with Robotnik but need more villans in tandem. How would you develop these side villans (not mooks and minons mind, real independent villans). Bonus points if you reconstruct old villans to be fresh and truly threatening. Comedic villany is allowed, but only if they are a true risk to the heros.

#38 MagentaDrake

MagentaDrake

The Twins

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

I haven't touched my sonic fan fic in years. Still, one of the things I used to beef up my villain list was make Chaos one of many creatures like him.This kind of leaked over to the Work in Progress RPG. 

Chaos is a male "water" monster attracted to chaos and disorder

Turmoil was a female "magma" monster attracted turmoil and fear

Havoc was a male "acid" monster attracted to devastation and destruction. 

Anarchy was a male "shadow" monster who resulted if one of these three got to powerful. 

There were others but they were all minor monsters. Of the core three Chaos was the weakest and the only one with a chance at reforming. 

That's not very detailed but I haven't touched it in years. 

I also had a tribe of Enchidna who were in tune with "elements"  and could control them kind of like benders. This was before Avatar so they weren't the same... but I think they'd be closer if I re-wrote it. 

On that note though,  in this fan fic Knuckles was the middle child of three kids and the Dark Legion (or whatever) didn't really exist... 

Posted Image

#39 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

I haven't touched my sonic fan fic in years. Still, one of the things I used to beef up my villain list was make Chaos one of many creatures like him.This kind of leaked over to the Work in Progress RPG. 

Chaos is a male "water" monster attracted to chaos and disorder

Turmoil was a female "magma" monster attracted turmoil and fear

Havoc was a male "acid" monster attracted to devastation and destruction. 

Anarchy was a male "shadow" monster who resulted if one of these three got to powerful. 

There were others but they were all minor monsters. Of the core three Chaos was the weakest and the only one with a chance at reforming. 

That's not very detailed but I haven't touched it in years. 

I also had a tribe of Enchidna who were in tune with "elements"  and could control them kind of like benders. This was before Avatar so they weren't the same... but I think they'd be closer if I re-wrote it. 

On that note though,  in this fan fic Knuckles was the middle child of three kids and the Dark Legion (or whatever) didn't really exist... 

You should finish it. :)

And join this...http://sonicsatam.co...?showtopic=4873

#40 MagentaDrake

MagentaDrake

The Twins

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

I might re-write. I'd have to do some deep thinking about characters because the original draft is heavily damsels in distress except one female Enchidna from the above bender tribe. 

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users