Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  wildfire : (13 September 2020 - 10:28 PM)

This is starting to become a monthly "thing" with me. Not that I mind though. What it is Shoutbox?

@  MoKat : (01 September 2020 - 08:38 AM)

*gives Ishpar a bottle of Gorilla Glue* U broke it, u can fix it :D

@  Ishapar : (29 August 2020 - 12:39 PM)

There, the quiet has been broken.

@  Ishapar : (29 August 2020 - 12:39 PM)

AHH!!@

@  Wulfsbane : (24 August 2020 - 07:21 AM)

Ye, it's been quiet here

@  MoKat : (22 August 2020 - 09:40 AM)

Looks like not much is up here, Wildfire. *looks down* Not much is down either :D

@  MoKat : (22 August 2020 - 09:39 AM)

Heh, neveermind Wulfsbane; it was just the new layout messing with me :/

@  wildfire : (20 August 2020 - 08:53 PM)

What up FUS? Thought i'd lurk a bit tonight.

@  MoKat : (20 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Hey, Wulfsbane! Woulda tell RedStranger I cannot login to FSoM now?

@  Wulfsbane : (04 July 2020 - 03:27 PM)

Happy Brexit 1776

@  Wulfsbane : (29 May 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Yo Lito

@  furrykef : (25 May 2020 - 09:38 AM)

I can handle it, but why do you want to delete your account?

@  Lito290 : (24 May 2020 - 09:02 PM)

How does one request the deletion of their account?

@  VHS : (21 May 2020 - 04:04 PM)

I gotta join that then

@  Shadow : (14 May 2020 - 01:17 PM)

Sure is. A lot more lively than here.

@  VHS : (02 May 2020 - 08:31 AM)

Oh shoot there's a Discord?

@  Nex : (25 April 2020 - 06:58 PM)

It's a disagreement between two people...n judging what goes on in there sometimes that's a very apt description xD

@  John Roberts : (25 April 2020 - 05:34 PM)

What's a Discord?

@  Nex : (25 April 2020 - 04:15 PM)

Activity is spread across forum, discord 'n the site chat room. There's life, it's just hiding under different rocks :D

@  RedAuthar : (25 April 2020 - 04:13 PM)

It's still slow. We ain't dead. Just close

Photo

Rate the last movie you saw

• Please log in to reply
1155 replies to this topic

#1141 MoKat

MoKat

Don't make Eliza-Death summon her Thanatos...

• Fellow FUSer
  • 773 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:54 PM

But I must say I don't get the hype. I think its pacing was bizarre, and it didn't seem to know whether it wanted to be a full-blown musical or not.

o.O; I thought the same thing after I saw it...especially about the weird pacing. Didn't mind Olaf tho'.

post-1851-0-51713600-1506363973.png

#1142 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:38 PM

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

8/10

A solid sequel from Marvel that captures the same fun as the original. It was nice that we finally got a villain who wasn't there to be a scowling bad guy to be blown up like other throw away Marvel villains. Kurt Russel as Ego was great in his role, and seemed perfectly reasonable in his goals up until one pivotal moment I won't spoil. The ultimate scene stealer was Yondu who every scene he had was filled with laughs. Although, I feel this film is not quite as good as the first one. The character Nebula felt dry and didn't bring much to the film, as I feel more time should have been dedicated to exploring Ayesha who was nothing more than a golden piece of wood. The middle half of the film drags once the characters visit Ego's planet and kind of sit around for a while. The appearance of Sly Stallone in the movie was a surprise, who I hope will return in a sequel. One of the stronger Marvel films to come out in recent years.

#1143 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,634 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:35 PM

Stallone isn't just a cameo either. His character is a legit one right outta the comics. An important one too. There's a good chance he and his team will be back.

#1144 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:07 PM

Alien Covenant

5/10

I found this a rather mediocre sequel that failed to do anything overly new with the Alien creature or the world. What Ridley Scott here has done is continue his Prometheus story,only this time make David the main character who is also the villain. This film on its own feels about on par with the last one, only with more of the xenomorph actually in it. Any intrigue he established in the last movie with the engineers is written off in a abrupt flashback which seemed to only add more disappointment to them as poorly thought out in general, with fans having much more interesting ideas of where to have taken them. Rather than focus on the fear of the Alien being an unstoppable horror and surprising us with new things from it, Ridley Scott has turned his sci fi tale into a self indulgent story about creationism. I find the character David an allegory for how egotistical and up his own ass the director is. Making bible references in your sci fi horror is not deep or meaningful. It's tripe. Just like this movie.

#1145 randomizer

randomizer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:16 AM

Leo the Lion (2013). A film I was more or less dared to watch. I don't think I can give it a rating because it is so incomprehensibly bad that it's good. Kind of like Sharknado, but in an entirely different league of bad. I recommend watching it for the sheer WTF factor, which increases exponentially with running time. If you get motion sickness or are easily disoriented, I recommended skipping the first 90 seconds.

#1146 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:11 PM

Shin Godzilla

6/10

Well I had some hype for this movie, as this was a radical new take on Godzilla. After all these years Toho finally took a risk on reinventing Godzilla to be something different than the same old lizard that saves humanity from another monster. While this new version I feel is not as cool looking as the Legendary Godzilla, it does have an interesting evolution. What ultimately is wrong with the movie is the complete hollowness of it. Their are no real characters set up, as they are just walking mouthpieces who sit down and talk about government things for most of the movie. What should have been witnessed is more carnage from the ground view of people being trapped and crushed in the devastation left behind, holding back on what the aftermath of disaster survivors go through and the trauma that no real Godzilla movie has yet to touch. The effects for a japanese film were pretty good considering this Godzilla was CGI...although its smaller forms do look incredibly dodgy. The climax of the movie was very anti-climatic with Godzilla not so much defeated but temporarily halted until the next movie rolls around. It feels relatively on par with the last American remake, and could use some fun the 1998 remake had.

#1147 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,029 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:07 PM

Saw the new Sonic movie with my 3 year old daughter. Now, I have been so far removed from anything Sonic for a good decade now so I have to admit I went into this feeling very happy sharing an old favourite character with my little girl without having an ugly 'oh this better not fucking suck' attitude.

My daughter loved it. Of course she loved. It was a kids movie through and through.

And me? Well, what can I say? I loved every minute of it too, watching it through her delightful and innocent eyes. We both had a very good time.

9:06

#1148 Prime

Prime

"Son, I am disappoint"

• Fellow FUSer
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:18 PM

Saw the new Sonic movie with my 3 year old daughter. Now, I have been so far removed from anything Sonic for a good decade now so I have to admit I went into this feeling very happy sharing an old favourite character with my little girl without having an ugly 'oh this better not fucking suck' attitude.

My daughter loved it. Of course she loved. It was a kids movie through and through.

And me? Well, what can I say? I loved every minute of it too, watching it through her delightful and innocent eyes. We both had a very good time.

You big softy you. Glad to hear your daughter and you enjoyed it man.

'Star Wars' is my story, just like my house is my house. So if I wanna paint my house green, even if everyone else thinks it should be red, guess what? I'm gonna paint it Jar Jar! - George Lucas

"The Devil Inside is the new scam from director William Something Something. The movie stars actors and was edited on a computer. Somewhere. This movie is the latest film in a series of very low budget films designed to look like real movies! And be released in theaters to make a quick buck via a horribly off kilter budget to profit ratio that the general public seem to be stupidly unaware of! These films use to be called 'direct to video' but now they are called 'first run features'. These films then vanish from the theaters, like a rapist leaving the scene of a crime." - Mike Stoklasa of RedLetterMedia

#1149 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,029 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:52 PM

Prime, old boy. How are you mate?

Such a fun movie we had to see it twice. Completely missed the after credits scene the first time. Very nice touch. Also, did I see echidnas attacking Sonic during the opening scene?

Attached Files

#1150 Prime

Prime

"Son, I am disappoint"

• Fellow FUSer
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:13 PM

Prime, old boy. How are you mate?

Such a fun movie we had to see it twice. Completely missed the after credits scene the first time. Very nice touch. Also, did I see echidnas attacking Sonic during the opening scene?

Things been pretty good this end good sir, just the same old same old this end. Still doing the convention circuit and collecting the autographs. Actually managed to meet the man... Or would that be "Shape" himself, Nick Castle a couple of years ago.

And yeah that was some Echidnas at the beginning of the movie. No doubt Ken Penders popped a chubby over that.

'Star Wars' is my story, just like my house is my house. So if I wanna paint my house green, even if everyone else thinks it should be red, guess what? I'm gonna paint it Jar Jar! - George Lucas

"The Devil Inside is the new scam from director William Something Something. The movie stars actors and was edited on a computer. Somewhere. This movie is the latest film in a series of very low budget films designed to look like real movies! And be released in theaters to make a quick buck via a horribly off kilter budget to profit ratio that the general public seem to be stupidly unaware of! These films use to be called 'direct to video' but now they are called 'first run features'. These films then vanish from the theaters, like a rapist leaving the scene of a crime." - Mike Stoklasa of RedLetterMedia

#1151 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,029 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 05:25 AM

You sonovabitch. Choke on that autograph along with your damn pulse rifles. Still need to watch that new Halloween...

Good to see you're still poking around mate; It's been a life time or two.

Yes... Penders. I'm tipping he's looking for a new lawsuit as we speak.

#1152 Prime

Prime

"Son, I am disappoint"

• Fellow FUSer
  • 558 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 04:00 PM

You sonovabitch. Choke on that autograph along with your damn pulse rifles. Still need to watch that new Halloween...

Good to see you're still poking around mate; It's been a life time or two.

Yes... Penders. I'm tipping he's looking for a new lawsuit as we speak.

You think that's bad? I got a Good Guys doll sitting in the corner of my room too. :P

And yeah you should totally check out the newest Halloween movie. It was actually pretty damn awesome and Nick Castle even returned to play The Shape for one scene too. Better be quick about it as a sequel is releasing later this year.

#1153 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 05:50 PM

And yeah that was some Echidnas at the beginning of the movie. No doubt Ken Penders popped a chubby over that.

Or preparing to sue the studio.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#1154 VHS

VHS

Skeleton Man

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:13 PM

Scoob! - 4/10

I feel like there was some genuine effort and heart under the problems with this movie.  When it tries to properly adapt Scooby Doo into CGI, the mystery, the humor, etc, it does a fantastic job.  But it's bogged down by the celebrity voices, the cringe worthy "We're so hip and modern" jokes, pop culture references, and worst of all, the shoehorning of other cartoon characters for the sake of a Cinematic Universe.

There are good ideas, but the movie feels like three movies (Scooby and Shaggy, Blue Falcon's son, and Dastardly rescuing Muttley) smashed together because "Wow, the same universe!!!!".  Instead of trying to make a good movie that could expand into a universe, Warner Bros again blows their load on trying to get that Marvel money.  This is the family film equivalent to Batman Vs Superman and The Mummy 2017.

Hunter x Hunter: Phantom Rouge - 1/10

I have difficulty telling when I think a movie is bad or not, it takes me a few rewatches to form a critical opinion that is firm in my mind, and even then I may try to deny a bad movie is bad if I feel disappointed.

I immediately could tell this movie was off, and it only got worse. Maybe because the author had no involvement, but nothing about the movie was like the anime.  The series keeps me on my toes as I watch it for the first time and does interesting things that I never expected.  The movie is a cliche-storm and predictable, being boring at worse, and confusing at best.  The writing is poor enough that I felt like many characters were completely out of character, specifically Killua and his entire story arc through the movie.  Avoid this if you like the manga or anime(s), one of the worst experiences I have ever had watching a movie for the first time.

10b1877fec7ebd7925e7572ebfed538a01ac451b

#1155 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 03:12 AM

Spookies-images-d9a5f9e0-7b58-4051-91d0-

Spookies

2/10

I'm not really sure what I was expecting going into this. I had heard this was some kind of rare gem of a horror flick that I saw from some scenes had some pretty cool creature effects. Although those good effects are only two scenes, with the rest being complete ham and cheese fest. You got a cast of actors who feel like they belong in a Troll 2 type movie, with their being some snarling wolfman dude who just creeps around spying on them who never does anything. You got some old dude who is some kind of cultist which comes off like a Manos Hands of Fate type deal if any of you seen MST3K. Waste of time movie, but I will admit has a really awesome art cover for the blu ray if you want to buy it just for the pretty art.

#1156 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,634 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:13 AM

Mortal Kombat Legends Scorpion's Revenge - 5/10

Unless Scorpion is your Mortal Kombat favorite, there's not much here. And it doesn't even do that right as it still doesn't give him enough focus for his decisions to make sense. Too short to get to know anyone, too rushed to understand what's going on, and kinda overpowers Scorpion to the point of ridiculousness.

Probably would have been better to focus on either the first game's tournament or just Scorpion himself.

I will say the Scorpions origins were pretty good, the action and gore were good, and some, not all, of the jokes made me laugh.

But seriously this feels like the pilot for a TV show.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users