Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  furrykef : (05 February 2020 - 07:32 PM)

No.

@  MoKat : (05 February 2020 - 01:09 PM)

*pokes the Shoutbox* Wake up!

@  GetCrazyWith... : (24 January 2020 - 01:21 PM)

Hi there!

@  Wulfsbane : (20 January 2020 - 06:26 PM)

Boop

@  Ishapar : (14 December 2019 - 04:23 AM)

Not bad. Would be neat if my grandpa makes it that old.

@  Shadow : (12 December 2019 - 03:19 PM)

I hope I get to live to 93.

@  Wulfsbane : (11 December 2019 - 09:42 AM)

@  Ishapar : (09 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Shame to hear about that. How old was he?

@  RedG : (06 December 2019 - 06:04 PM)

Sorry to hear, Wulfsbane. My condolences.

@  Wulfsbane : (05 December 2019 - 10:43 PM)

My grandfather passed on the 17th.

@  chief : (30 November 2019 - 03:32 PM)

oh?

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

This year's Thanksgiving was a lot tougher than normal.

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

Same to you.

@  RedAuthar : (28 November 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Happy American Turkey Day

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

Photo

New Show

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#41 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:49 PM

To be honest, I prefer Satam's version of the Roboticizer over Archie's, even it was more simple and brief.

Satam's to me just makes more sense. It was a device that was used to help old people live longer, instead of Archie's, which instead showed it testing its effectiveness on Sonic's father after getting critically injured in the Great War. I never liked that idea because why should it be Sonic's dad can never be returned to normal due to that?

Anyway, the Ultimate Satam, eh? Sound interesting.

What did you have in mind? Who's all in it as well?
Posted Image

#42 DLTN

DLTN

Rating : Awesome!!!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 300 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:59 PM

Well... mainly ideas and a brief synopsis of issue 1.
So far the changes (Dons riot gear, in case of flaming)Robotnik takes over when Sonic and the gang are about 12 to 15, by using Chucks Roboticizer and Royal army defectors. In the invasion as Sonic, Sally and other children are escaping, Max Acorn is seemingly killed and Chuck destroys a teleporter to Knothole, staying behind to face the recently turned Robians and Robotniks army made of Royal traitors who don power armour and advanced weaponary who call themselves Swatbots.
For the next 5 years, Sonic, Sally, Antoine, Cat, Bunnie, Rotor and Johnny (Lightfoot from the Fleetway comics) among others are trained by former Royal commando Geoffrey St John in Knothole, a network of bunkers hidden in the great forest, to fight against Robotniks rule.
The newly dubbed Freedom Fighters emerge to discover that Robotnik rules out of fear, most crime and any uprising is punished with public roboticization of the culprit and any loved ones. Media is controlled by Robotniks aide Snivley. During a covert mission to hack a military outposts database, they are caught in a firefight with Swatbots with Robians against local resistance led by Amy Rose. Amys team are quickly wiped out and she herself is recruited by Sonic and the others, she joins easily as there is "something about Sonic". Amys men already hacked the database and she informs the FFs that the robians are armed with weapons that "Infect" victims with Roboticizer Nanites. The also got a sample of an antidote of sorts, but it only stops the nanites themselves and not turn robians back. 1 robian catches up to them, None other than Chuck. He uses the weapon and hits Bunnie and Cat. Sonic reluctantly fights his uncle and disables him by destroying the weapon and breaking one of Chucks legs thats still partially organic.
Amy and Sally wonder who to give the antidote to until Cat takes it and administers it to Bunnie, who "has her whole life ahaed of her"
St Johns wife Hershey arrives in a vehicle to transport most of the FFs, but swatbots catch up and open fire. Hershey is killed in the confrontation and Antoine starts to show signs of extreme panic. Geoffrey rescues Antoine and goes ahead with the others leaving Sonic, Sally and Cat, who is now physically changing robian. Cat tells Sonic to take Sally and to look at whatever Amy and her people found, so that he wont die for nothing. Sally asks what he means by that, Cat responds by holding a grenade in each hand and walking toward the swatbots. Sonic carries Sal and runs back to Knothole while Cat is gunned down by the swatbots. Cats grenades blow up, covering the FFs trail.
Back in Knothole, Bunnie is in the infirmary being looked after by Rotor, Antoine is put on suicide watch due to PTSD, And Geoffrey begins to become distant and aggressive due to Hersheys death. Sonic and Sally talk about what the next move is, while Sonic is more concerned with the possibility of facing his uncle again, and that the best thing to do might be to disable him permanently.

And thats a brief outline of the first arc. So far, no Robotnik or Snivley appearances, No Naugus yet, No Tails YET, and at the moment, no half Roboticized Bunnie... or is there.

#43 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

Woah.....

That's...pretty deep and well thought out. I'd love to hear more of your developing plot.
Click "Show" button in case of fire -->
Spoiler

#44 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:50 PM

Very interesting plot to say the least.

Although, I do have some questions.

1. How come you decided to have Robotnik take over when Sonic and his friends near their teens instead of as young kids? It's not a bad idea, just curious about it.

2. How is their crime in Robotropolis if Robotnik took over? Wouldn't he have roboticized every citizen he could get his hands on? Also, why would he need to control the media? Are there citizens under his control that he dictates to that aren't roboticized yet?

3. Why did you decide to have Geoffrey become the one who trains the Freedom Fighters? I mean, isn't he kind of young to do that since you said they'd be between 12-15?

4. Where did Amy get men working for her? I mean, is she a different character in this version where she's a fearless leader?

I hope you're not offended by these questions. I just like a little more information about this story arc of yours.
Posted Image

#45 DLTN

DLTN

• Fellow FUSer
  • 300 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:10 PM

Im not offended Laser, My writing just is'nt that well thought out lol.

1. With them being older I think it leaves storylines open to much darker and adult elements that the original or any other continuity would allow, plus just in case of any shipping, though I havent thought of that yet.

2. I didnt really explain in synopsis so fair eneough. Robotnik is still a tyrant, but I think my version of him would rather have people to oppress and control. Simply Roboticizing everyone in sight on this one would eliminate what he wants, which is to toy with the minds of Mobians with laws that get harsher each day. Also I would think constant use of the Roboticizer would cost his economy Billions through overuse lol. I have also not decided if his rule is just continental or planetwide yet.

3. This Geoffrey is much older, about late 30s to early 40s with years of combat experience. He probably Isnt the only one, but he will be the most prominent, because next arc would be his heel turn, and Sonic and Sally will have to fight an opponent who knows all they know.

4. Amy is going to be a mix of the versions of her I know of. She is still going to be "Very interested" in Sonic. But in a fight she is going to be similar to her Fleetway counterpart. And she will be brave, but she proven herself as a not so great leader if she is the last one of that local resistance, The FFs at the moment only have her beacause of the info she has.

#46 Vampfox

Vampfox

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:42 PM

why should it be Sonic's dad can never be returned to normal due to that?

Sonic's dad was dying and Uncle Chuck had no other way to save his life. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

#47 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

I see...

While your explanation to my first question makes sense, I like the idea of Robotnik taking over when they're young children a bit more, especially since that event could have seriously traumatized Sonic and his friends, thus giving them more incentive to fight back as they grew older and make Julian pay for all the grief he put them through.

Interesting concept you have there, about roboticizing people would cost him billions of dollars. That does leave me wondering. How much money and power does a roboticizer take anyway to run everyday? As for trying to decide whether to make it worldwide or continental, I'd definitely go worldwide. After all, that's the whole point of Robotnik, to control every inch of Mobius.

So this version of Geoffrey is older? I see... You know, to be honest, I never liked him much in the comic. He seemed arrogant, pushy and a bit of a bully too I might add. Plus, with Ian now making him a traitor, maybe even a murderer(I so hope I'm wrong about that part) I've grown to hate him all the more.

And yea, I like the idea of Amy being a tough Freedom Fighter. I never liked the concept of her just being a whiny fangirl, always chasing after Sonic, getting caught too easily. At least this one you made seems more likable like Sally.

Anyway, I will say the main thing I like most about your series more than anything is its dark storyline. You seem to really put a heavy does of it in there, especially mentioning Freedom Fighters getting killed and showing the aftermath of it. Very nice touch I might add. It's one thing I try to put more of in my own fanfic series, though I have a hard time trying to find to find the right balance.

Sonic's dad was dying and Uncle Chuck had no other way to save his life. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I know, but I just never liked the idea of Jules ending up that way. He should some injuries I'll admit, especially since that happens in war, but not to the point he has to stay that way forever.

It's kinda like when Archie made it so Bunnie could not be returned to normal from her roboticization either. I always hated that idea. Why did they have to make a story where she's stuck as a cyborg? I could understand for the time being, but for her whole life?
Posted Image

#48 PuffinGrandeur

PuffinGrandeur

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

Jules and Bunnie are more interesting the way they are now, but for everybody else that's not the case. They needed an out so they could cure the others without curing them.

Also Geoffrey didn't kill Hershey, that's even concretely confirmed this issue. I don't know why everybody thought he did, nothing actually hinted at THAT.

#49 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:27 PM

Jules and Bunnie are more interesting the way they are now, but for everybody else that's not the case. They needed an out so they could cure the others without curing them.

I agree Bunnie is more interesting with robotic limbs, for now anyway. Jules on the other hand... No. I just don't see the point in him being stuck as a Robian. What's the point in it? He doesn't use his metal body to fight against Eggman, so why even have him that way in the first place?

Also Geoffrey didn't kill Hershey, that's even concretely confirmed this issue. I don't know why everybody thought he did, nothing actually hinted at THAT.

I didn't say he did, but the way Geoffrey spoke of her, REALLY rubbed me the wrong way.

The fact he said, "deep undercover" and, "she's dead to me." almost gives me the indication he might have played a part in her speculated death, or at the very least, divorce.

I know Ian probably just said that to throw a curve ball at his viewers, but why would Geoffrey say those things unless he knows something he's not telling them?
Posted Image

#50 PuffinGrandeur

PuffinGrandeur

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:32 PM

Jules being a robot is just a bit more interesting than Jules not as a robot, because Jules not as a robot is just not interesting at all. He has a somewhat neat design and a very different living arrangement than the other characters, and turning him back into a hedgehog would just ruin that for very little payoff.

Also, Geoffrey didn't say she was dead to him. He just said she was dead. He even looked quite sad as he said it, and in the very next issue, explained that she WAS killed while deep undercover for the Eggman Empire.

#51 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:20 PM

Jules being a robot is just a bit more interesting than Jules not as a robot, because Jules not as a robot is just not interesting at all. He has a somewhat neat design and a very different living arrangement than the other characters, and turning him back into a hedgehog would just ruin that for very little payoff.

I don't know what payoff you're referring to since him being a Robian means he can't have a normal life anymore. Not to mention he can't ever have intimate moments with his wife again. Plus, he really doesn't contribute much to comic, outside of being a background character.

Also, Geoffrey didn't say she was dead to him. He just said she was dead. He even looked quite sad as he said it, and in the very next issue, explained that she WAS killed while deep undercover for the Eggman Empire.

Where did you read that? I've looked at the Archie Sonic wiki site on issue 224, and I didn't see anything about Hershey being killed in there.
Posted Image

#52 PuffinGrandeur

PuffinGrandeur

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:08 PM

The previews have Sally accusing him of killing Hershey, and him specifically stating that it didn't happen. She died fighting undercover against the Eggman Empire (and even that's suspect at the moment.) As for Jules, while he contributes little as a background character, turning him back Mobian would have him contribute even LESS. There's literally nothing he can give to the book as a Mobian, that he doesn't already do as a Robian while also being a robot dad. His being unable to eat and sleep and age are interesting, and while taking those away would make his life slightly more bearable it would then also make him entirely useless and have him take up space.

#53 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

Do you have a link of that info?

I haven't seen one yet.

Anyway, if that is indeed true about Hershey, I find that explanation very weak writing on Ian's part.

If Hershey is indeed dead, why couldn't he show it during a recent issue? And secondly, how did Geoffrey escape unscathed? Don't those 2 go on missions together?

I somehow get the feeling Ian's got a wild ace up his sleeve about this whole comic arc.

As for Jules. Eh, that may be true, but the idea of being stuck forever as a Robian just doesn't feel right to me.
Posted Image

#54 Vampfox

Vampfox

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:54 AM

Do you have a link of that info?

Here you go.
http://bumbleking.co....php?f=4&t=3956

#55 PuffinGrandeur

PuffinGrandeur

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:23 AM

Geoffrey and Hershey don't go on every mission together: that's never been true. If she is dead, why show it in a recent issue? It wouldn't be a very interesting story then, and it'd be too easy as well. Right now, there still isn't any real proof she's dead and gone. We don't know what actually happened, if she's dead, Legionized, shot into space and accidentally ended up on a war world. It's infinitely more intriguing for her to be secretly gone with an unreliable expositionary than it is if she were to just show up, get shot and go away forever.

#56 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

Ok, you got me there.

Although, there is one thing that still doesn't make sense. Why on Mobius would she take on the Eggman Empire by herself anyway? Unless its Sonic or Bunnie, that's just suicide.

As I said before, I really get the feeling Ian is holding back some info until later issues as to completely shock us with a, "Whoa, where did that come from?" moment.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Posted Image

#57 DLTN

DLTN

• Fellow FUSer
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:37 AM

Arc 2 would involve Geoffrey recruiting a large number of FFs and start a civil war so to speak, between Sally followers and those with St John. Geoffrey will try and wipe out Robotropolis with a series of suicide nuke attacks. He would rather destroy the city and all the scared little people who "Dont want to be saved" than go for trying to take the city back. Hersheys death causes him to become cold and vengeful in my version.
In the meantime Sally and Sonic are in the city looking for Amys friend Miles, who may have figured out how to restore free will to Robians. Meanwhile Robotnik begins eo become obcessed with finding out as much as he can about the freedom fighter Sonic, and his similarity to Project Shadow.

In the REAL comic though... I think that Geoffrey may be being manipulated by Naugus. Hes done it before with Max after all.

#58 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:49 PM

Wow, Geoffrey wants to nuke Robotropolis? That is dark. Your story arc kinda reminds me of another who makes dark Sonic Satam fanfics as well, though they're too dark for my taste.

And, Miles is Tails right? I'm pretty sure it is, but I just wanted to know.

Anyway, you may be right about Naugus, though I don't know how he could manipulate Geoffrey before his powers were restored by that Chaos Emerald.

Another thing I don't get though is, why is Geoffrey wanting to take over the New Mobotropolis rather than get revenge on Eggman if he did indeed kill his wife? That just doesn't compute to me.
Posted Image

#59 Vampfox

Vampfox

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:07 PM

Another thing I don't get though is, why is Geoffrey wanting to take over the New Mobotropolis rather than get revenge on Eggman if he did indeed kill his wife? That just doesn't compute to me.

Maybe Geoffrey blames the New Mobotropolis government for her death.

#60 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:24 PM

Maybe Geoffrey blames the New Mobotropolis government for her death.

When you put it that way, it does kinda make sense. I mean, who in the world gave Hershey that assignment anyway?

And why in the world do I get the feeling all this turmoil going on is all part of Max's evil plan to get his son deposed as king?

I know he talked to Geoffrey about something, but what I don't get is why he brought Naugus into all of this.

There's just way too many unanswered questions about this whole arc.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users