Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Shadow : (20 April 2021 - 11:59 PM)

I lurk but am mainly on the discord server

@  Altair the D... : (20 April 2021 - 08:44 AM)

I think that describes most of us, eh? ;)

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 April 2021 - 05:46 AM)

Physically, yes. Mentally...that's debatable...

@  furrykef : (19 April 2021 - 03:14 PM)

Me.

@  Altair the D... : (19 April 2021 - 09:18 AM)

*dragonhorse noises* Anyone still here?

@  furrykef : (28 March 2021 - 10:26 AM)

Somebody here tried contacting me on the IRC chat this morning while I was asleep. Please try again, or contact me on Discord (furrykef#4595).

@  furrykef : (08 March 2021 - 08:38 AM)

I'm not a monkey. I'm a cat. Even though my avatar is a duck.

@  Nex : (02 March 2021 - 07:50 AM)

Heya me monkeys! So we're working on a rebuild of FUS and i'm looking to get some feedback on what stuff you guys would like to see preserved/added/removed etc. Started a thread in the General channel. Cheers!

@  Julayla Tova... : (26 February 2021 - 10:30 AM)

Oh hey, long time no see, Roland.

@  furrykef : (17 February 2021 - 04:04 PM)

Back up to 54 (12.2 C) now. Woo.

@  furrykef : (17 February 2021 - 06:00 AM)

42 F (5.6 C) in this house. We've seen better days...

@  John Roberts : (14 February 2021 - 08:56 PM)

Can't get him on him email. Was hoping he had something in his profile somewhere. I really miss the bastard.

@  Prime : (14 February 2021 - 08:50 PM)

Oh John you naughty bugger you.

@  John Roberts : (14 February 2021 - 08:48 PM)

No no, that was me. I fucked it. Trying to dig up Jimmy's contact details.

@  Prime : (14 February 2021 - 08:45 PM)

Oh man, is it really you?

@  Prime : (14 February 2021 - 08:45 PM)

JIM!

@  Jim Doe : (14 February 2021 - 08:40 PM)

I hope not. Me and Paul should've been banned a long time ago reading those old, OLD posts.

@  furrykef : (14 February 2021 - 08:23 PM)

Isn't someone somewhere supposed to still have the database? Assuming it hasn't gone foop in the past few years...

@  Julayla Tova... : (14 February 2021 - 06:14 PM)

I am not, those are pretty much records of what Joan/Iselyn was like before they created us and disappeared for 12 years.

@  John Roberts : (12 February 2021 - 04:28 AM)

I'm glad the older posts are long dead and buried.

Photo

Satam Reconstructed.

• Please log in to reply
572 replies to this topic

#561 Leptailurus

Leptailurus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:22 AM

12.How did Uncle Chuck create Power Rings, and why did he make them for Sonic before the whole Coupe?

The rings have always been associated with the power of the Chaos Emeralds; being the leftover residue of their radiation. I'm not so sure how Uncle Chuck created them, but the series did suggest them being used as energy sources and amplifiers.

Perhaps that's where the Archie comics got the idea.

The glowing solid in the device producing power rings could have been a specific type of rock which stored some of the chaos potential energy after being exposed to a chaos emerald for a long period of time in the ground. Mobotropolis likely did not have access to chaos emeralds, but they utilised the energised gangue for energy.

Chuck could have designed the device, which captures the chaos energy from the gangue and stores it in manageable amounts within rings which release it in the presence of consumers of the energy, such as appliances, transducers or specific mobians.

During the coupe, Sonic was five years old (as far as I remember correctly), so Chuck probably did not intend for Sonic to use them in combat. Perhaps they were not intended for Sonic at all in the first place. He could have come upon them by chance, discovered that he could enhance his superspeed with them, so Chuck manufactured some for him.

4.What Happened to Cat, Robotized, Killed, or other?

I would assume he was Roboticized, given that's what happened to Ari's group.

Which reminds me of the bear and the equid in Blast to the Past part 1, who were captured and roboticised after their sabotage. Based on the fact that the Freedom Fighters were surprised about how promptly they were roboticised, there would most likely be no time for interrogation. Robotnik or Snively must have known that they were associated with the Freedom Fighters of Knothole, because Sonic was detected.

So why weren't they interrogated and Cat was?

#562 MoKat

MoKat

Don't make Eliza-Death summon her Thanatos...

• Fellow FUSer
  • 773 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:19 PM

That's a good question, especially since Robotnik could simply extract the information he wants via the device he used in Spyhog.  Maybe he didn't think the bear & equid had useful knowledge?

Perhaps Buttnik wanted information quickly and thought he could scare it out of Cat?

*shrugs*

Anybody have a better explanation?

post-1851-0-51713600-1506363973.png

#563 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:15 PM

That's a good question, especially since Robotnik could simply extract the information he wants via the device he used in Spyhog.  Maybe he didn't think the bear & equid had useful knowledge?

Perhaps Buttnik wanted information quickly and thought he could scare it out of Cat?

*shrugs*

Leptailurus asks an excellent question! I will add it to the list when the next round of questions hit.

As for the response, now their might indeed be one reason they could be interrogated and that's basically the same reason Kat was. That would be to find the location of Knothole and other intel pertinent to the weaknesses and whereabouts of Freedom Fighter cells.

#564 Leptailurus

Leptailurus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:33 AM

*shrugs*

Yes, that is quite possible, but he would have expected resistance. So if it were possible to extract information by roboticisation, it would probably be quicker to roboticise him, considering that he would be roboticised eventually, but Robotnik didn't. He also obviously did not get the information he wanted from Cat. And Cat was placed in the Detention centre, suggesting that further interrogation was planned, and he could have been roboticised instead.

However, if the roboticisation were quicker, the fact that Antoine was also interrogated and not roboticised immediately makes less sense. Well, Robotnik was not present at the "escargot interrogation", and it could all have been Snively's arrangement - and his enjoyment of psychological torture and misrendering of French cuisine was obvious.

Another possibility would be that the bear and the equid were detected and automatically captured and roboticised, as a default action when intruders are detected, and without the knowledge of either Robotnik or Snively.

#565 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:46 PM

This issue is further complicated by Spyhog where Uncle Chuck is given his "attitude-adjustment" by Robotnik. Chuck resisted for a time, but what about it had been a few more hours? I mean this method could break Mobians with less resolve. Why not try to glean info on Knothole this way from all roboticized Freedom Fighters, including these two? Why not zap ol' Ant the same way and plug him in the system?

My answer for Ant is that Snivley was getting his jollies from making Ant' squeal obviously. But I leave that issue for you all to debate. I am interested to see what you  all come up with. :)

#566 Mythologest

Mythologest

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 11 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

If dragons exist on Mobius, could other mythological creatures like gryphons, mermaids, elves & trolls exist as well?

#567 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,656 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

I believe so. Lazaar and Naugus both use magic and appear humanoid but could technically be something else, as Robotnik and Shively are considered the only humans. There are Stone Gargoyles that guard the Time Stones, and I don't know what Lazaar's Guardian is supposed to be.

I believe it's reasonable to think other mythical creatures exist. Though maybe not Tolkien/High Fantsay versions.

#568 Mythologest

Mythologest

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 11 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

I believe so. Lazaar and Naugus both use magic and appear humanoid but could technically be something else, as Robotnik and Shively are considered the only humans. There are Stone Gargoyles that guard the Time Stones, and I don't know what Lazaar's Guardian is supposed to be.

I believe it's reasonable to think other mythical creatures exist. Though maybe not Tolkien/High Fantsay versions.

Yeah, I do think Lazaar could be some kind of mystical being, because he clearly isn't human, at least not a normal one. Apart from the fact he has immense magic power, he also has pointy ears. I therefore like to think Lazaar could be an elf or some sort of fairy folk. As for Naugus, post-sgw archie has confirmed he's a troll and I like to think it could  same for SatAM (certainly better than him being a literal fusion of different mobians). I also like to think that at least one of these other mythological races, most likely Gryphons since both are flying creatures, could have an intense rivalry with the mobian dragons, to the point of fighting on opposing sides of the Great War and now fighting for possession of the chaos emerald of fire.

Alright two more;

1. Turtles Forever-style crossover between SatAM and The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog? Could it happen? Should it happen? Could Sea3on do it and/or should they? What are your thoughts?

2. What if one or more humans came to Mobius and ended up joining the Freedom Fighters? Perhaps they could be survivors from the space colony Robotnik destroyed? How would they and the Mobians interact?

#569 NotSoFast

NotSoFast

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 21 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

1. Turtles Forever-style crossover between SatAM and The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog? Could it happen? Should it happen? Could Sea3on do it and/or should they? What are your thoughts?

I was about to say that the two shows are too different in tone, but then I remembered how wacky SatAM could get. Particularly when it comes to season 2 Antoine (MARGARINE!) and Robotnik, so... a crossover with AoStH probably wouldn't be that out there.

#570 Mythologest

Mythologest

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 11 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

I was about to say that the two shows are too different in tone, but then I remembered how wacky SatAM could get. Particularly when it comes to season 2 Antoine (MARGARINE!) and Robotnik, so... a crossover with AoStH probably wouldn't be that out there.
Well that’s kinda the point. To have the serious SatAM Sonic & co interact with the silly Aosth Sonic & co and see how it would play out, again like in Turtles Forever and those two episodes of TMNT 2012 where the modern, more serious Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle teams meet their campy, silly counterparts from the 80s.

#571 RedG

RedG

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 36 posts

Posted 2 weeks ago

This is actually being done!

#572 Mythologest

Mythologest

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 11 posts

Posted A week ago

This is actually being done!

I've seen this before. Pretty cool way of introducing the S.S.S.S.S. Squad to Satam. Though it's not exactly what I had in mind. Like I said before, what I had in mind was something like what the TMNT franchise has done twice already in Turtles Forever TMNT 2012. As in have the Aosth cast get somehow transported to the Satam universe (perhaps it could start off with Naugus attempting to bring Satam Robotnik back from the void, but he instead accidentally brings Aosth Robotnik & his henchbots to the Satam universe and all kinds of craziness ensues) and/or vice versa.

1.In addition to the aforementioned aosth crossover, what about one with Sonic Underground?

Both universes are similar and the Oracle of Delphius (the green anteater/lizard wizard who gave Sonic & his siblings their magical amulets and set them off on their quest) is shown to have the power to transport people to alternate dimensions and does so twice in the show (first sending the Sonic Underground to a roman-esque Mobius under the tyrannical rule of romanized counterparts of Sleet & Dingo and then to a bizarro Mobius under the tyrannical rule of corrupt counterparts of themselves). We could get a little teaser of it at the end of the aforementioned hypothetical aosth crossover with aosth Robotnik trying to return to the SatAM dimension, but instead ending up in the Underground universe, just as SU Robotnik is about to finally have Sleet & Dingo robotiscsed for their failures. For this crossover, perhaps the Oracle could send the Sonic Underground to the SatAM universe to help SatAM Sonic & the FF obtain one of the chaos emeralds before Naugus, Robotnik & Snively do so.

2.Dragons & Terapods. What kind of relationship do you reckon they have, if any.

Both are large mobian animals so it might be conceivable they could have some sort of relationship, perhaps even being able to freely communicate with each other (if at some point in sea3on, Dulcy rejoins the team and they also have a second encounter with the Terapods, she might negate the need for them to use a translator device by being able to communicate with them)

3.So Bunnie's robotic limbs are super strong, right? Well then how come she gets easily restrained at least two times in the show (one time by the same SWATbot she floored a moment ago & does so again afterwards) and even in the first chapter of sea3on? Do they have an off-switch or something? 

4. Would Robotnik go as far as to roboticize a fellow human? Hell, would he even go as far as to roboticize Snively if he ever grew sick enough of his failures?

That's kinda how I interpret his threat to turn Snively into a paperweight. In that he'd roboticize the poor bastard, then dismantle him and use his dismembered body as said paperweight. I also have an idea for an AU which introduces the archie character Hope Kintobor into the Satam continuity & has her join the freedom fighters. Robotnik would at first try to convince Hope to join him, but she refuses and thus he decides that she wants to side with the mobians, then she can share their fate and thus tries to capture, robotiscise and/or kill her as much as any other mobian/freedom fighter.

#573 RedG

RedG

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 36 posts

Posted A week ago

Ah I think I see. So you are imagining a lighter 80s vibe, whereas what Masquayla has done here is actually keeping the overall dark vibe of Season 2, but adding a slightly more cartoony feel (Which is sort of more mid-90s)? Yeah I can see how that would open up a lot of possibilities for content.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users