The Sonic Fanfiction Coalition
We here at The Sonic Fanfiction Coalition strive to provide aspiring writers with a haven where we can complement , constructively critique, share, and read each other’s work in professional, edifying, and respectful manner. Here we allow each other equal opportunity to be read, enjoy the company and conversation of fellow writers, help each other improve as writers, and bring an overall edification to the craft of Sonic-themed Fanfiction, which though highly popular needs much literary improvement as a whole. We here at The SFC recognize that a mere margin of fanficition writings and their writers have potential and the necessary drive for improvement. As small as this number might be, we are steadfast in our belief that these writers and their writings are worth improving, and their works are worth propagating for the betterance of the fandom and the fans. Above all, we are a group seeking to improve our beloved craft, and to celebrate our love of Sonic-based lore.
Rules of Conduct/ Bylaws:
I. On Censorship, Quality of Material, and Ratings:
2. No gossip and back-biting. If you have a problem with something/ someone, take up with them personally. If they persist or the problem continues take it up with a leader within the group in private. If the problem persists it will be dealt with. Likewise, no witch-hunting or pettiness whatsoever. We don't like tattle-tails.
3. Members will respect the authority and rules of the frequented sites in which this group has claims, particularly the FUS Forum.
IV. Updated Rules:
- Group Skype Meetings - Tons of us aren't even aware these are happening (I'm not). While Private Skype Texts/Chats/Calls can continue as is, large group meetings should be planned out ahead of time and posted here. If you need help setting up a meeting, contact RedStranger or me. If needed we can also hook you up with a chat room meeting.
- Don't forget FUS - Try to keep something of your story on FUS even if you host it on Deviant Art or FanFiction.net. A link or and update schedule or something. If you're not updating here FUSers won't notice your story updating at all. I have no idea who is on what chapter or what project anymore because those posts aren't here on FUS. Keep the rest of the Coalition in the loop by posting here. Even if it is just in this thread.
- Forum Based Stories - If FUS is hosting your story, make sure there's an out of story thread to also post in. Many FUSers don't like posting directly in the middle of someone's chapter. Create a secondary topic for updates. Also try finding a secondary host like DeviantArt. It helps spread the Fan Fiction.
- Scheduled Updates - While you can't rush art, and life schedules get in the way, a large part of the Fan Fictions not being noticed is because they haven't Updated recently. Most FUSers don't like posting in topics over a month old with no updates. Your individual topics should be updated at least weekly or biweekly. Even if you don't have a new chapter, post a status update too keep people in the loop.
- Post in Other Writer's Topics - We have a nasty habit of posting in our own topic but never looking at someone else's (or at least not commentating so nobody notices). If you want to be noticed, you need to help others get noticed. They in turn should return the favor. This here is also what the whole Coalition is about, helping everyone's topics/stories get noticed (that and improving them when we can). Make suggestions, ask questions, or just comment on if you liked the current chapter. The more replies, the more people notice the topic.
[Upcoming Tutorial. ]
TheRedStranger - "Lord Cerise."
RedAuthar - FUS/SFC Representative/ Editor.
Uncle Ben - "Uncle Wulfsbane" Consultant / Frequent Contributor.
Bytor "Darth Acorn" - Consultant/ Frequent Contributor. Prolific Reviewer Award!
ILOVEVHS - Contributor. Reviews Pending...
Captain Sorzo - Consultant/ Published Member/ Through Reviewer Award!.
Mike Arcade "The Pixel Brain" - Unpublished Member
ZealousFox - Contributor.
Accepted Short Stories:
Edited by RedAuthar, 01 February 2015 - 09:32 AM.