Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

SatAM Petition

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:10 PM

Hey guys,
For a while now, I've sent letters to SEGA trying to convince them to put SatAM Sonic back on the air(and I'm sure I'm not the only one). However, the one thing we need is proof that people want the show back. I'm going to be writing an online petition, which I'll later print out and send to SEGA. Hopefully, there will be enough signatures to convince SEGA that SatAM Sonic is popular enough to show again. But before I begin writing the petition, I want to discuss what we should put on the petition. Here are the items so far:

-SatAM Sonic back on the air with NEW episodes

-Ben Hurst and Jaleel White working on the show

Is there anything you guys would like to add?
I won't give up! I will put SatAM Sonic back on the air!

#2 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but haven't we established that SEGA do not hold the rights to satAM, and thus any petitions to them would be a waste of time?

9:06

#3 Zephyr

Zephyr

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:17 PM

Your totally right. They own the characters, but not the show (as far as I know). Doesn't DIC/ Cookie Jar own the rights?

#4 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:29 PM

Unfortunately, I think this is a waste of time, whether we pitch it to SEGA or anybody else. Online petitions have had pretty much zero effect on any corporation. One site that has way much more petition power than we'll ever have is starmen.net, who tried to petition Nintendo (repeatedly!) to make more EarthBound games (known as Mother in Japan). Since then, Nintendo did release a Mother 1+2 collection and even Mother 3... only in Japan. But in the US, after all these years and all these petitions they still won't throw us the tiniest bone... not even EarthBound on Virtual Console.

Online petitions are basically a form of slacktivism. The way to get a corporation's attention is cold, hard cash. Something that we have a shortage of, unfortunately.

- Kef

#5 Guest_Miko_*

Guest_Miko_*
  • GUESTS

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:07 PM

You think Sonic fans could be actiive in NOT buying Sonic games as a way of affecting revenue without having to use a lot of cash in addition to petitions. Or perhaps even taking games like 06 and forwarding them to Fox News for "Promoting Beastiality." They need the news these days, the most they have is whining over whether Michelle Obama wears a an American flag pin or whatever. Westerners are the overwhelming bulk of Sonic's sales. SoJ doesn't listen to its western audience because they realize they can do whatever they want and their nostalgia struck fanbase will lap up withatever crap SEGA upchucks (or as TV tropes calls it, "Sonic Syndrome")

"*whines* But Sonic 06 might be what saves Sonic "

A savior it turned out to be indeed. I just get tired of people who keep complaining about Sonic reform because they beleive SEGA is just not going to get it, only to 180 if they see a sidescroller game or some game with pretty graphics like 06 and Needlemouse respectively.

#6 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:10 PM

It's not impossible. The second season of Jericho is a testimony to that. Though, of course, it always takes a lot more than just 'petitions' per say. A lot of stars need aligning.

#7 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:12 PM

Yeah, it is possible. However yeah, you do need to find the true owners of SatAM. SEGA does just own the characters, DIC owns the show I belive. However a good source on finding out the true owners of SatAM would be to contact SHOUT, as they put out the DVD.

As well, if you do get ahold of the owners of SatAM, you must also get them to get other networks to pick it up. A good chance for this would be Teletoon Retro. As they show pretty much every cartoon I grew up with on there, including The Racoons.

And hey... What, you waste 5 seconds to write out your name on something? Might as well if its done properly. I'm not gung ho on doing it, or against it. But I think I can waste 5 seconds. As well as John said, its not impossible, it has worked before.

But hey.. Atleast we have the DVD.

#8 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:16 AM

I know Dic owns the show, but since SEGA owns the characters, it's best to talk to them first. After convincing SEGA, I should be able to convince Dic. But to convince SEGA, we have to show them that people do want the show back. A petition is the perfect way to do just that.

However, I will start looking for the true owners of SatAM. But in the meantime, can we please focus on what's gonna be ON te petitiion? I know a petition doesn't sound like the best way to revive SatAM, but what do we have to loose? Plus, maybe it will convince SEGA and Dic, if it has enough signatures.

#9 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:46 AM

DiC does not own SatAM. Cookie Jar does. So..It'd be Sega and Cookie Jar you'd have to convince. smile.gif

#10 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (EthanHedgehog @ Nov 25 2009, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know a petition doesn't sound like the best way to revive SatAM, but what do we have to loose?

Time and effort.

For a petition to even have a hope at being effective, it's gotta get a lot of signatures. To get a lot of signatures, you gotta advertise it. That means work. Work that can go into other things to improve the community.

Now if we could raise a million dollars or something, we'd be onto something. Unfortunately, I think the Sonic community, or even just the SatAM community, is too fragmented for something like that to happen.

- Kef

#11 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:57 PM

I don't know about that. There's a lot of people out there who like Sonic the Hedgehog. Besides, I'm willing to work hard for it. Trust me, this isn't a project I'm going to give up so easily. icon_e_smile.gif

#12 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (EthanHedgehog @ Nov 25 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Besides, I'm willing to work hard for it.

Why not work hard on a fan project instead? That's much more likely to yield a good result than any petition ever will.

I meant a good fan project. tongue.gif

#13 Cheezmatt

Cheezmatt

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 391 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:50 AM

Good fan projects are a myth. Much like successful fan petitions!
Posted Image

Aussie #3

#14 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:30 PM

Season 3?

#15 Cheezmatt

Cheezmatt

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 391 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:35 PM

Don't contradict me now.
Posted Image

Aussie #3

#16 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:29 PM

I will if I want to!

#17 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:34 PM

Cripes you guys are negative. I haven't even written and posted it yet, and you already saying that it's failing! Can I least TRY it?! Let's just see how it goes before you say how much of a failure it is!!! 1132.png.gif

#18 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:36 PM

It's not our fault that we're all old and cynical; most of us here have already gone through this petition business in the past with laughable results. I do not believe it can ever work for such a tiny corner in the Sonic universe. It's all too easy to romanticise the idea of our signatures making a difference. Nobody here is stopping you from trying though.

#19 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:07 PM

You're right, no one is stopping me. And I hope you'll all sign the petition anyway, despite your doubts. I'll try to post it tomorrow, and leave a link to it. And spread the word, we'll need all the signatures we can get! icon_e_smile.gif

#20 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:52 PM

Doubts, yes. I'm still going to sign it. *Nods* Wouldn't it be funny if all us cynical buggers were proven wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users