Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Idw Comics: No Mobius Allowed?

Comics IDW Mobius

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 301 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:59 PM

Why would Mobius be banned from the comics, anyway? 

#2 wishcatcher

wishcatcher

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:45 AM

they also banned a ton of other things i think, like they literally put in a rule where sonic can never ever lose / it can never seem like hope is lost for him (which is absolute buffonery and i can see literally no reason for it! kids arent that dumb to have issues because of plots like that oh my god why would you limit a narrative to that extent) like theres a whole list of restrictions and its all related to not tarnishing sonics picture perfect branding like... one of them is also that sonic cant have any love interest at all AGAIN and again all the relation to sonic really makes me think its just brand over writing/narrative and i think they had a list somewhere on one of the wikis and im definitely biased because i miss some of the older themes but i think some stuff is just.... super pointless.

#3 wildfire

wildfire

Pro Lurker

• Fellow FUSer
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:28 PM

It mostly is an issue with the age of the concept.  Most children today have no knowledge of Sega of America's tweaks to Sonic and his origins, in part due to Sega of Japan's marriage of the two continuities to prevent further confusion.  This started with Sonic Adventure of course.  There's also the issue of licensing of the original characters, which is something Sega doesn't seem to be interested in.  SatAM's characters were officially licensed by Sega of America back in the 90's, and as such are official characters.  But kids these days only know about Sonic Adventure and beyond, which isn't necessarily bad.  Concepts have to evolve over time after all, and SatAM was very much a product of it's time.

My X-Box LIVE Gamertag: a b1ue streak

Feel free to add me

3-22-05/8-23-11/2-17-12 Gone but never forgotten (I miss you guys)

#4 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:10 AM

It mostly is an issue with the age of the concept.  Most children today have no knowledge of Sega of America's tweaks to Sonic and his origins, in part due to Sega of Japan's marriage of the two continuities to prevent further confusion.  This started with Sonic Adventure of course.  There's also the issue of licensing of the original characters, which is something Sega doesn't seem to be interested in.  SatAM's characters were officially licensed by Sega of America back in the 90's, and as such are official characters.  But kids these days only know about Sonic Adventure and beyond, which isn't necessarily bad.  Concepts have to evolve over time after all, and SatAM was very much a product of it's time.

So, you're saying Mobius should stay in the past?

#5 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,545 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 07:15 PM

If we are to be honest with ourselves, the "mobius" as we know it will likely never return. If it does, it will be adjusted to the new storyline, so not really the same version.

The question becomes: do you want to see it changed or the same. Neither is a wrong answer, it just depends on how you envision it.

#6 wildfire

wildfire

Pro Lurker

• Fellow FUSer
  • 241 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 07:31 AM

I would never say that the Mobius we know and love should stay in the past. I was only pointing out that as a concept it's considered outdated. SEGA of Japan never had any interest in what we were up to in the States with regards to Sonic. I'm sure they were barely aware of the existence of SatAM, AoStH, or even SU. All those shows have their fans, but they are all 15 to 20 years older than anything SEGA had interest in. I'd love to see SatAM come back in some form, but I think if that were to happen it would definitely need a facelift.
My X-Box LIVE Gamertag: a b1ue streak

Feel free to add me

3-22-05/8-23-11/2-17-12 Gone but never forgotten (I miss you guys)

#7 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,562 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 02:57 PM

Iizuka has been around for a while, I'm sure he's aware of SatAM.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#8 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:37 PM

Iizuka has been around for a while, I'm sure he's aware of SatAM.

Quite a number of people on the old Japanese development team are aware of the show, actually. Sonic's main character designer, Naoto Oshima, owns a copy of that iconic promotional cell of the SatAM cast and Kazuyuki Hoshino (the creator of Amy Rose and Metal Sonic) apparently kept an early script to an unspecified SatAM episode that was later donated to an American fan.

I have no clue what Iizuka's thoughts are regarding the series. But it's possible that he and some other crew members might've seen the show before since the recent "Sonic Forces" game appears to have taken some influence from it.

#9 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 09:33 AM

I'd blame Japanese culture for SOJ decision to remove SOA's Sonic franchise from mainstream Sonic.  Take a look at Japan's culture (both past and modern) and compare it to America's during the 90's.  More specifically, take a look at 90's Sonic game boxart from America in comparison to the Japanese box art.

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#10 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 09:51 AM

I'd blame Japanese culture for SOJ decision to remove SOA's Sonic franchise from mainstream Sonic.  Take a look at Japan's culture (both past and modern) and compare it to America's during the 90's.  More specifically, take a look at 90's Sonic game boxart from America in comparison to the Japanese box art.

Eh. I think you might wanna try a better comparison since I think the Japanese boxart looked much more appealing than the American boxart - mostly in the character design department.

As much as I admire Greg Wray's artwork (mostly for nostalgic reasons), the American design of Sonic hasn't aged too well with me. The super-glossy skin, flat shoes, and that mohawk all look pretty jarring nowadays.

#11 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:33 PM

If we are to be honest with ourselves, the "mobius" as we know it will likely never return. If it does, it will be adjusted to the new storyline, so not really the same version.

The question becomes: do you want to see it changed or the same. Neither is a wrong answer, it just depends on how you envision it.

A different Mobius is better than no Mobius.

#12 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,545 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:11 PM

I dunno, is AoStH mobius as good as SatAM mobius? xD

Naw, I'm with you actually, I'd rather see a mobius than nameless world. But I also wouldn't mind if mobius was called something different either just bebecause they cant use the name mobius.

#13 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:26 PM

Oroborous? Nah. Too long.

#14 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,562 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:49 PM

Underground's Mobius was rather interesting though.

The Aristocratic Elite working with Eggman

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#15 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 08:30 PM

Underground's Mobius was rather interesting though.

The Aristocratic Elite working with Eggman

I concur. Part of me also likes to imagine the Nelvana animated film "Rock & Rule" as taking place in the same universe.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Comics, IDW, Mobius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users